What's new

RPG [nergalsnest] Zombie's Life (RPG Patreon game) RPGMaker

Re: Zombie's Life (RPG Patreon game)

You are missing out if you watch only max love scenes.

Each scene has multiple variants - one for 1st time doing it, and 1 or 2 depending on your relationship level.

Biggest fun of the game for me is listening to internal thoughts of the heroines as they become more arroused and sucumb to shota-love.

Yeah I know. Thing is I only had Auntie's 69 and couch scene left. Had Mom's and sis's maxed out and also did the Isabelle stuff. Problem was I only had one save file. Probably going to replay it soon though.

BTW in the game's files there's nude busts of the Mom and the Sis, are they there just incase or can you actually talk to them ingame while they are naked? :p (ik the aunt has one just before the couch scene)

^ Not in game (yet/ever). If you Patreon him, you can access some Dropbox folders with plenty of busts/scenes/spoilers about his 3 games .....

Those nude busts are in there, along with some juicy previews of stuff to come in 0.4 hopefully.

Double posts cause I like talking with myself : some gigantic news happened today : financial/job troubles might slowdown/cancel some of his games .....

Hopes he can finish 0.4 with most planned scenes by Nov. 4th. Go to his blog if you wanna weep on all this :(

PS : If all the stuff in his *spoiler folder ends up in 0.4, the world might stop turning a few days ...... ;)

Double posts cause I like talking with myself : some gigantic news happened today : financial/job troubles might slowdown/cancel some of his games .....
Yeah they had already mentioned they didnt like working on zombie's life anymore.

You may hate me to say this but:
After the justification for the high pricing of the patreon levels was "it also funds the other games" and "all money goes to art" i seriously doubted any future for the project.
Thats why i only dropped $3 on them... honestly im not sure i should have bothered, feels like a sinking ship...
AyAp5UY.gif

Huge disappointment. I really liked AZL and it had a huge amount of potential. Nergal was/is a promising dev too. If anything happens, I'm gonna be cheering on AZL to survive over the other two games. #urbancurse.

It's still too early to overreact, and I'm more worried for Nergal himself/his job situation than the actual game status. However, I've seen more than one dev take on multiple projects simultaneously and then either flame out or get crushed by a life event (regardless of whether it's a fake excuse or an honest unfortunate truth). So it's a bit cliche. Anyway, hopefully Nergal will get back on track and everything will be much ado about nothing, and we won't have to worry.

But if not, it's just another epic zombie game that gets abandoned. RIP PiC2. :(

A naughty version of "This War Of Mine" game? Hell yeah i say.
The sex scenes facial expresions are a strong point of this one and hopefully the dev decides to complete it.

Btw is it a bug that after seeing 69 scene (scavenging) with aunt the next time i tried she's giving the boy a BJ instead?
Also a bug to report when i clicked on created "solar panels" item in inventory while being outside scavenging the item dissapeared from inventory and i needed to make another one
Also i remember not being able to use medicine on my injured main character(unable to move left/right to switch char. panels). I got out to the status menu, switched to the main char. there and then went back to the item menu. Slight nuisance

He said he would probably have to drop The Solarion Proyect, not AZL, which would make sense since AZL seems to be the game with most development and it's the only one that even has a demo (unless there is one for the solarion proyect i missed?).

A naughty version of "This War Of Mine" game? Hell yeah i say.
The sex scenes facial expresions are a strong point of this one and hopefully the dev decides to complete it.

Btw is it a bug that after seeing 69 scene (scavenging) with aunt the next time i tried she's giving the boy a BJ instead?
Also a bug to report when i clicked on created "solar panels" item in inventory while being outside scavenging the item dissapeared from inventory and i needed to make another one
Also i remember not being able to use medicine on my injured main character(unable to move left/right to switch char. panels). I got out to the status menu, switched to the main char. there and then went back to the item menu. Slight nuisance

Been fixed for a while, get the new 0.33 version and it'll be ok. As for your other bugs, probably fixed too (never tried to use crafted items outside the basement, so meh).

He said he would probably have to drop The Solarion Proyect, not AZL, which would make sense since AZL seems to be the game with most development and it's the only one that even has a demo (unless there is one for the solarion proyect i missed?).

Yes, AZL is the only demo made. Solarion doesn't even exist yet aside a few busts and 1 background available in the secret Dropbox folder. He also changed Solarion from RPGmaker to Unity, so if he ever stays with it, huge changes will happen.

Losing one's job sure sucks but, I'm kinda confused. How much % does Patreon get from it's users? Nergal is getting 2.441$ per month.

Maybe I'm just ignorant and that isn't much at all in some parts of the world?

How much % does Patreon get from it's users? Nergal is getting 2.441$ per month.
Of the displayed figure they BASICALLY get 100% of that figure.

APPARENTLY all of the money goes to art....APPARENTLY

Losing one's job sure sucks but, I'm kinda confused. How much % does Patreon get from it's users? Nergal is getting 2.441$ per month.

Last time when I checked with my friend in NYC, it costed $3800 per month to rent a one room flat there.

He then moved to New Jersey.

Last time when I checked with my friend in NYC, it costed $3800 per month to rent a one room flat there.

He then moved to New Jersey.

That's insane. You can get a studio or 1-bedroom in Southern California for about $1000-$1400 and rent down here is stupid expensive. How much are apartments in NYC suburbs and surrounding areas?

Hey all! I've been pointed in the direction of this thread. And it seems there has been some confusion and fear (unnecessarily) around what's happening with the project.

I just want to say that with 100% certainty AZL is not being left unfinished, nor is it dying. I beg people to re-read the post. The key point I delivered was here:

"I'd have to probably drop The Solarion Project (NOOOO) at least until one of the other projects finishes, and probably slow down on one of the other projects."

Nowhere do I mention that I'm stopping work on AZL, nor even Urban Demons. This was merely a warning that I may have to slow down on actual serious development for a month or 2 as I (may) have to find another job.

And something I want to address:

Of the displayed figure they BASICALLY get 100% of that figure.

APPARENTLY all of the money goes to art....APPARENTLY

Let me correct the sentence: "ALL of the money goes to art."

I don't take any of the slice of the pie for myself or personal use. If I was a proper company my finances would currently be in the negative (as in I lose more money than I make back from patron) because of all the artwork I acquire for the various projects.

If you want to try and figure out how much I spend monthly on each project, take a look at the patreon goals. This should give you an indicator of my current outgoings.

So hopefully you can understand why I'd have to stop acquisition of artwork for The Solarion Project and slow down artwork for Urban Demons (note: not A Zombie's Life).

Thats why i only dropped $3 on them... honestly im not sure i should have bothered, feels like a sinking ship...

Sorry but this is also ridiculous if you read the post. It's not even close to being a sinking ship. I have the next 8 scenes delivered to be animated and this is 2 weeks before the next patron release is scheduled. (I.e. More is likely to be delivered.)

Quite frankly B00marrows, you seem to doubt my ability for this project, by casting it off so quickly. You make insinuations against my character as to how to I spend the money I get from patrons. At this point I kindly ask you to stop supporting me, I'd rather not have the support of someone with your attitude towards the project.

That's insane. You can get a studio or 1-bedroom in Southern California for about $1000-$1400 and rent down here is stupid expensive. How much are apartments in NYC suburbs and surrounding areas?

Check a rental website...something one third to half of the price of NYC.
Anyway this thread is not for discussions of housing prices.

I bet Nergal regrests now even writing about his personal stuff.

Still the way people overreacted here is ridiculous.

Sinking shit, another Wootch ... etc.

Nergal havent missed a single apointed date so far ! While other are doing fine while pushing back stuff 10 times over.

Seriously people just focus on his games, and judge everything on their quality, not some weird doom and darkness panic over here ...

Hey all! I've been pointed in the direction of this thread. And it seems there has been some confusion and fear (unnecessarily) around what's happening with the project.

Oh goodie. Not that I dislike Blogpost or anything (prefer it way more than tumblr) but checking it regularly for comments tends to not be a thing.

So hopefully you can understand why I'd have to stop acquisition of artwork for The Solarion Project and slow down artwork for Urban Demons (note: not A Zombie's Life).
You make it sounds like it's a bad thing. In the end you're just one person though, working on a single good quality game at a time is more than enough. I understand you like working on all of them but I've never seen a person work on so many and not end up quitting at the end because of lack of motivation.

Just don't end up working on a fourth one. :D

I bet Nergal regrests now even writing about his personal stuff.

Still the way people overreacted here is ridiculous.

Sinking shit, another Wootch ... etc.

Nergal havent missed a single apointed date so far ! While other are doing fine while pushing back stuff 10 times over.

Seriously people just focus on his games, and judge everything on their quality, not some weird doom and darkness panic over here ...

I just don't know much about economics. I was also confused at one point about how Gabe (Opala games) does this because he is getting quite a bit of money from Patreon. Recently released 2 live action movies though so that's a thing.

And tbh, from what I've seen on Hentai Foundry (commision prices) it makes sense that art costs that much.

Quite frankly B00marrows, you seem to doubt my ability for this project, by casting it off so quickly.
Simply put, being a patreon of any project is enough of a gamble. But one who has decided to work on MULTIPLE projects at the same time while, also as you said, is not taking any money for themselves? I can easily see life issues taking a toll.
YOU LITERALLY PROVED MY DOUBTS RIGHT WITH YOUR RECENT ISSUES, how the fuck do you expect me to act? I can doubt all i want, i have a fucking opinion.

You make insinuations against my character as to how to I spend the money I get from patrons. At this point I kindly ask you to stop supporting me, I'd rather not have the support of someone with your attitude towards the project.
You should probably go look up the definition of apparently. I dont think it means what you think.
The reason i said it like that is because i though you might decide to take a dip into some of the money to help yourself out of trouble.
Just to note, I WOULD HAVE HAD NO ISSUE WITH THAT AT ALL.
Theretically if i said "all money goes to art" and than you did decide to take a dip to help yourself out I WOULD BE A LIAR WOULDET I?

Fucking hell i hate having to talk to people like this.

UQsa2vk.gif

Now, i dont hate you. I HATE your setup. But if thats how you feel, goodbye.

Last edited:

I'm not afraid to say that I overreacted. I don't think I was wrong to overreact either, given I love this game and seeing how many devs fall after taking on too many projects and then having some catastrophe occur that wipes them out; it was disappointing to hear.

However, I WILL say that while I did doubt Nergal's future (and will continue to be cautious about it), I never discounted his past and present as a good dev. I'd love to see him post more here, but I understand he's got his blog and now his financial problems. Became a patreon just before the public 0.33 release came out JUST to further accelerate the progress on the game, which is why I was a little concerned about the news.

Anyway, it assuages my fears greatly to hear that AZL is gonna be the primary focus for Nergal. Great game with lots of promise and I'm excited for future releases, even though I'll still be slightly worried either way. Glad to also hear Nergal's doing okay, which was my primary concern anyway.

-this entire fucking post, jesus christ it's huge-

How do I put this...

It's difficult to determine conversational tone on the internet, so you have to make a best guess when you're reading. Personally, when I read your post? It came up as snide. Especially with the whole all caps/bold/underline thing making seem like you didn't believe that all (or any) of the money was being spent on art. I'm assuming that that's how Nergal took it as well. If that's not what you meant, fair enough, but it definitely came across as accusatory to me, and if someone was accusing me of lying about how I was spending "donated" money, I'd be defensive about it as well.

So please,
14706721273340s.jpg

Back