What's new

Newest Idea: PoA: The FPS

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score
Picture this on your computer screen:

Your character is a cute girl in a long lab coat, the camera peering over her right shoulder as she moves onward, your keypress guiding her movements.

As you go through the empty corridors, you soon reach an elevator, and suddenly, you hear the skittering of four-legged claws on the floor. With adenaline pumping, you quickly spin around to see the Correl that was stalking you, the antenna-enhanced cat charging for a pounce.

Quickly you equip your shotgun and prepare a shot, blasting the cat before it can leap, sending it flying back.

About that time, you hear the 'ding' that signifies the elevator- you can get out of the seventh subfloor at last! You pan your view- and aim- around to the elevator-

To suddenly have a Hunter leap out of it, striking you down onto the floor, your shotgun clattering nearby. A letter key flashes onto the screan as the beast rips at your garments, whereas mashing it raises your 'escape' meter. Luckily, only your labcoat expires by the time you shake the creature off, and the hunter goes to run for it. A shotgun blast makes him decide to kick the bucket shortly thereafter.

With no new foes, you go into the elevator and tell it to raise to the first subfloor. As some git blocked the shaft to the first floor- and escape...

You reach the first subfloor, and have your PDA system twitter. Awnsering it, you see the face of one of your tauntees, a Seraph Sister called Kita. The following exchange takes place.

"I see you're trying to escape through the greenhouses. Enjoy your trip with the animals?"
"Shut up! What's with you keeping me in here?!?"
"What's the point of leaving the creature's in here with nothing to play with? If you're lucky, you'll become one of them too..."

Angrily turning off your PDA, the character returns to your control, muttering that "If I see one of those bitches again..." as you guide her into the Second Greenhouse, where you note that the roof glass had been shattered here and there.

As your character follows the path, a loud chittering comes to your speakers. Quickly, you press one of your non-movement keys- and your scientist uses her special ability, allowing her to see hidden things in the area. Soon, your visuals turn into a bluish hue, and you see several green, linelike structures- triplines. Now moving again, you swiftly leap over these lines, until you pass them all. Returning to normal view, you move on from there, before you suddenly get hit by a batch of webbing.

As your avatar falls down to the floor, writhing with the spider's trap, the problematic creature, a large Arachnoid, arrives as your escape meter sits there. For some reason, you hadn't started pressing the button yet. Soon, the spider crawls onto the girl, it's multiple legs spread out for support as it's ovispitor slides out...

And that's the basic idea of my dream project- an actual, 3D rendition of Path of Ashes, including everything from location, character, monsters, and of course, rapeage.

Then again, I got a very limited knowlage of gaming information...

So, anyone got any good ideas where to start? Or wanna help? :p

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Newest Idea: PoA: The FPS

*Goes to crash course a study in 3d arts.* If I learn anything, I'll try to help.

QuirkyQuark

Lurker
Reputation score

I've got some game programming experience, but nothing 3d so far. I'd be willing to putter at this (the code side at least). We'd want at least two competent coders, and at least two people working on the modeling/texturing.

would be the base engine we'd want to use, with plugins to support the rest.
If the product would be free, I would suggest as a modeler/animator/texture because it's fucking awesome. But that'd up to the graphics team.
And possibly if you wanted some high quality pre-renders.

I'd project this as taking quite a few years to get through beta.
Anyone else in?

Hanz

Lurker
Reputation score

that's an amazing idea, this hopefully won't go the way of the community game back at the old forum. I wish I could help.. but I have no programing knowledege whatsoever, but I'm here for moral (or im-moral) support!

OP
lurker

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Today in the chat I go to with some of the other fouromgoers, we tossed ideas around, and have come up with some basic ideas, and two people at the least who can help. Bob the Awesome God is going to take my weapon lists and make concept art for them, and Ophelia can pass some non-ero concepts to a friend he knows to model them up. I myself will be doing concept art as well, giving me something to do :p

Also, some details have been set up as well about the game:

First off, it's all going to be focused on the Labratories of GenX, and an arena-based area I made before, called the Biodome. As the Biodome is only for a tutorial level (And an arena-mode choice) you won't see it as much

Basic stats for the character will include:

Vitality- Considered your 'Health,' a total loss of vitality ensues a cinematic 'Finisher' which depends on the enemy in question.
Pleasure- Pleasure is dependent on the race you choose, but it all depends on how soon you gain a Orgasm Penalty, which will halt all forms of reaction for a few moments, and remove some Vitality as well. Your Will will also take a huge blow.
Energy- Mainly for special abilities, only Seraphs and Sylvar races will use this a lot. Spells need to use this stat for it's form of energies.
Escape!- When caught in a pin or a Rape, mashing the Escape! key will raise the Escape! meter. Reaching the end of the escape meter means your char will kick themselves free of the foe and scamper to her feet.
Will- The most important stat. Upon certain events, over time, or during a rape, your character's Will drops. If it hits 0, your character will give up to being at the creature's every whim, and will willingly mate until her Vitality is drained, meaning it's a assured Game Over- but awesome fapability.

Modes-

Story Mode:
Based off of PoA player's adventures, the storylines of The GenX Incident are melded together, mixed, and screwed with to make six storylines of interest, one for Science Tech, Security Officer, Aquatech, Crematorium Tech, Secretary, and Botanist. An unlockable seventh storyline is available for following a Test Subject, putting you in the rapist's shoes. Note the Unlockables are all gained in Story Mode.

Survival Mode:
Last as long as you can on one of the Lab floors, battling monsters with ever-dwindling supplies. Characters made in the Character Creator can be played here.

Arena Mode:
A more fast-paced variation of Survival, this takes place in the smaller Biodome. Arena Mode has all the weapons available, with unlimited ammo, and a constant horde of sex-wanting monsters charging after you, with the type and power only growing over time.

Explorer Mode:
Explore the lab with no strings attatched. Characters can choose where they start in the labratory, and basicly can afford to pick and choose how they play through. This is the best mode to use Neko difficulty if you're in the mood to fap.

Character Creator:
This is the fun part. Character Creator will hopefully be in more advanced builds of the game (or even the first version, but that's just getting hopeful) allowing you to pick a race, a class, and then pimping her out how you see fit with specialty clothing (like Cheerleader outfits, Nurse uniforms, maid clothing) or decked in more casual garb. Just a simple perk, though certain unlockables are useable from here.

Viewer:
Considered 'Solo Mode' Select the character, the monster, and how you want to see them, them watch them fuck like rabbits.

Notes on difficulty:
Difficulty is selected on Story, Survival, Arena, and Explorer mode, and dictates the strength and number of spawned enemies, and the rarities of powerups. Difficulty descriptions were originally written by Bob the Awesome God, with some edits by me.

Lab Assistant- Enjoy your leasurly time destroying all enemies that come upon you, the only way you're getting raped is if you spread your legs for them.

Seraph- Get ready for the fight of your life. To avoid loosing your virginity- or your life and limbs- you need to be quick and efficiant. Enemies are harder and smarter, and ammo and powerups are harder to track.

Balrog- Lay down, raise your ass, and spread 'im. Just save yourself the trouble. Ammo is rarer then gold and enemies are cunning and very willing to show you just how much rapebait you actually are!

Neko- Don't like how the monsters like to disarm you- as in, literally ripping your arm off? Not to worry, this Seraph-level mode removes the nasty guys with the pointy objects, and just leaves the pussy-quivering goodness. Enjoy being raped, and just raped.

---

As noted, more ideas are always good. I will also be re-vamping the data files to assist in the creation team I hope will assist this. Think of this as the new 'community game' without the sudden dropping of the only guy working on it >,>;

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

it kinda sounds like you want something along the lines of dead space. i have to say this will be actualy impossible to do on any level due to the amount of work involved and skill level needed. of corse i'll help out with all aspects pf design as much as you want me to.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Just so you know: If the camera peers over the shoulder it's a Third Person Shooter - TPS. And like Nunu said, you'd need actual programmers and designers for this (who would all have to work for free).

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It might be easier to mix it, making it fps through play, but cut to third when captured.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Just so you know: If the camera peers over the shoulder it's a Third Person Shooter - TPS. And like Nunu said, you'd need actual programmers and designers for this (who would all have to work for free).
Well, I'll work for free. I just am unskilled >.<

Does that help at all?

Last edited:

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

dont forget your totally going to have to learn how to animate as well.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Keep in mind that the only important real skill is application of time. This is the sort of thing that dedication can override innate ability. A perfect real-life version of the saying "Put a bunch of chimpanzees in a room with typewriters, wait long enough, and you'll get Shakespeare"

OP
lurker

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I know it's gonna be difficult, exactly why I wish not to do it myself. I'll hopefully get a job so I can get a model program so I can work on those skills, or limit myself to terrain and concept design if need be. Thus, the post here. I might get lucky and actually get some help on this. *Shrugs* Then again, some dreams really can't go too far, but it doesn't hurt to try...

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

well you'll never get anywhere if you don't try.

OP
lurker

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Exactamundo, Nunu! *goes back to concept art*

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I hareby offer to donate what time I can to clear up clerical errors here and there, as that is almost all that I can do, game developement-wise. I quite regularly pick out typos and such with big-budget console games and such, so rest assured that I should be able to get everything set straight :) Just PM me a copypaste of whatever you want, I'll proofread it for you :)

OP
lurker

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

^,^ yay, a proofreader!

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Were you thinking shooter, turn based RPG, or what here? I've actually been thinking about starting a game to spend some free time on anyway, and I already had a character structure planned (partially) out for an rpg type game. You'd be surprised at how simple it is, customization and all, if you think small enough. Also, what language were you thinking of making this in?

OP
lurker

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

It's more planned to be FPS, though as I said, nothing is really pinned down. As for language, maybe a setting for a few of the more common ones? I dunno which ones would be much more common then English, though *Is trying not to offend people...*

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I meant programming language.

OP
lurker

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

*headlaptops*

As I said, I has no experience in that, and a lot isn't pinned down. As I pointed out yesterday, it seems we have all the art we may need (At least the ones without naughty bits), but we got no idea for programing.