What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker Guro [Newface] Evil Goddess (堕邪女神)

teapotdome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Evil Goddess (堕邪女神)

Actually, according to newface's tieba, 1.08 was leaked.

I have played through 1.083 and I also don't agree with the new DRM. Protecting against piracy is understandable, but this looks like giving the consumer a worse product.

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Crap I just noticed the DRM. Not that I have anything against DRM, but right now I can't save because the D: Drive is my dvd drive + all the other issues mentioned above. I hope he is going to remove the DRM, because right now it's just a big pain in the butt.

Also I'm wondering why he put this kind of DRM in the first place. It hasn't been pirated yet right?
It is possible to modify drive letters, which is what I did to make one of my portable drives D:\

My antivirus insisted that the EXE was a virus. I had to turn it off just to be able to download the game, then add an exception just to stop the file from getting instantly deleted when I tried to run it.

teapotdome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Because it was requested, here is a save file for the end of 1.082.

Attachments

NewFace

Mystic Girl
Game Developer
Reputation score

1.083 is done

anyone who didn't get it and had pledge me before could send email to get the game if you have my email.

as you mention here, i use encrypt to protecet the game,and the savefile is in
D:\ disk,you could copy the old savefile to that.

why i choose D:\?because D:\ is the most used diskname in everyone's computer as C:\,but C:\ is the important system disk and used to be protected,so it's not appropriate to generate savefile in C:\.

in 1.083 i do some important changes:

1 encrypt the whole game,and bind to your computer
2 add a script to fix the lag in old version,it's looks done well now.
3 your savefile is in D:\ disk, if you have not D:\ disk, maybe you need change a diskname to D:\
4 add english skill and description for our teamates

encrypt is necessary and must be done, it will take about 40 secs or a few minutes to enter the game.

I am very clear what it's mean to everyone player,but believe me,after several years that things happen in china,again and again,that's the only way to make sure the game being protected and let me finish the left contents.

by the way,DRM will not be the only one choose i use to encrypt the game, if anyone have a better encrypt tool could both protect the game and have a better play experience for players,i am very glad to try it .

Last edited:
OP
T

Timmy!

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It is possible to modify drive letters, which is what I did to make one of my portable drives D:\

My antivirus insisted that the EXE was a virus. I had to turn it off just to be able to download the game, then add an exception just to stop the file from getting instantly deleted when I tried to run it.
Yeah I managed to change my DVD-drive to E and made a new D partition. I still miss the machine translation though :(

teapotdome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The vampire hunter sidequest located at the church (NW corner with stained glass windows) of 永夜城 (Everlasting Night City).

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The vampire hunter sidequest located at the church (NW corner with stained glass windows) of 永夜城 (Everlasting Night City).
Strange. I went to that church several times and nothing seems to happen besides the party members having a chat with the woman at the altar.

teapotdome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

To trigger the quest you have to speak with the vampire hunter in 林美红‘s office (SE corner marked PUB) while in possession of a poison dagger you get from a dead werewolf in an event.

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score

To trigger the quest you have to speak with the vampire hunter in 林美红‘s office (SE corner marked PUB) while in possession of a poison dagger you get from a dead werewolf in an event.
The hunter didn't have much to say either, so I get the feeling I've missed that event. I went back to the werewolf lair and couldn't find anything.

NewFace

Mystic Girl
Game Developer
Reputation score

Yeah I managed to change my DVD-drive to E and made a new D partition. I still miss the machine translation though :(
And how the machine translation work? select a exe file to the tool?

tell me i want to know if i could make it word again?

NewFace

Mystic Girl
Game Developer
Reputation score

NOW, i upload a version of 1.083 which put savefile to c:\ for the players who don't have D:\~

and this version is just for the players who's code change every times when you restart your computer.

masquerade zero

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I really hate the DRM. my computer deleted the program even after I put it on the exclusions for my anti-virus. Like...people are going to pirate the game anyways, there's not much to be said for it. this is just getting to be anti-consumer as I can see that at least a few others concur with me on this. I really enjoy this game, but If I can't play it at all with some measure of ease, it's been a waste of money unfortunately.

NewFace

Mystic Girl
Game Developer
Reputation score

I really hate the DRM. my computer deleted the program even after I put it on the exclusions for my anti-virus. Like...people are going to pirate the game anyways, there's not much to be said for it. this is just getting to be anti-consumer as I can see that at least a few others concur with me on this. I really enjoy this game, but If I can't play it at all with some measure of ease, it's been a waste of money unfortunately.
I am sorry for that,the encrypt is a tool to try to protect the game, and if it's not work well from feedback ,i will consider to change it,but ,i have no experience on encrypt a game before,so it will take some time.

by the way ,about the anti-virus, what i think is any encrypt action wil change the exe file,and record the computer imformation sush as bios in order to bind it to the game? so ,it will be considered as a virus?

Reputation score

坑神newface;993990 said:
I am sorry for that,the encrypt is a tool to try to protect the game, and if it's not work well from feedback ,i will consider to change it,but ,i have no experience on encrypt a game before,so it will take some time.

by the way ,about the anti-virus, what i think is any encrypt action wil change the exe file,and record the computer imformation sush as bios in order to bind it to the game? so ,it will be considered as a virus?
I don't mind the anti piracy it's the not being able to have translation programs work with it that is the bad thing for me.

NewFace

Mystic Girl
Game Developer
Reputation score

I don't mind the anti piracy it's the not being able to have translation programs work with it that is the bad thing for me.
by the way,is the c:\ version work?

OP
T

Timmy!

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

坑神newface;993169 said:
And how the machine translation work? select a exe file to the tool?

tell me i want to know if i could make it word again?
I managed to get the translation software working now.

Azunia

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I managed to get the translation software working now.
I think Newface wants to know how the translation software works a bit so he can maybe find a work around for us too.... i know theres a thread about it somewhere but even with the search option its a pain finding it so i asked google how to hook it and this came up:

Running program under AGTH
AGTH consists of hook module agth.dll and loader agth.exe.
To load application - pass its name to agth.exe as command line argument.

Example for running from shortcut:

Create shortcut for the game.
Open properties of the created shortcut. In "Target" field will be something like
"C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
Append to the start of the "Target" field full path to where you extracted AGTH, so it will be
"C:\AGTH\agth.exe" "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
Make sure that "Start in" filed hasn't changed after you changed the "Target" and there is space between AGTH and game exe paths.
Run the game from this shortcut.
Before the name of program to load you can specify some options for AGTH. Each option must be separated by spaces from both sides.
Everything after the name of program will be passed to that program as its command line.

Example of running the same game but also automaticaly copy captured text to clipboard:

"C:\AGTH\agth.exe" /C "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
Full list of available options can be found with Help menu from interface or /? from command line.

Working with loaded AGTH
After load AGTH will create its window, where it will show captured text.

AGTH separetes text into several 'text threads' based on 'context' (to avoid mess from mixing text of game, menu, title...). Displayed text thread could be chosen by drop-down list in the upper part of AGTH window. As game runs, new text threads could be found and added to list.

If you close AGTH window it will not detach it's hook from the running applications, so if AGTH is started again it will continue to hook the text, hook options will be unchaged too.

Additional features
AGTH can try to correct locale of programs - useful for running japanese games with system locale set to non-japanese.

/R option tries to correct locale the AGTH-way - minor visual glitches are possible, but overall program should run like started on system with specified locale.
/L option works exactly as running program under AppLocale (also this option requires installed AppLocale).

AGTH can be used just for fixing locale without any text hooking.
Example of starting QuickATLAS with locale overriden to japanese (useful in case when you see only '?????' in it instead of characters):
C:\AGTH\agth.exe /L /NH "C:\Program Files\Atlas\QuickATLAS.exe"

Last edited:
Reputation score

I think Newface wants to know how the translation software works a bit so he can maybe find a work around for us too.... i know theres a thread about it somewhere but even with the search option its a pain finding it so i asked google how to hook it and this came up:

Running program under AGTH
AGTH consists of hook module agth.dll and loader agth.exe.
To load application - pass its name to agth.exe as command line argument.

Example for running from shortcut:

Create shortcut for the game.
Open properties of the created shortcut. In "Target" field will be something like
"C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
Append to the start of the "Target" field full path to where you extracted AGTH, so it will be
"C:\AGTH\agth.exe" "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
Make sure that "Start in" filed hasn't changed after you changed the "Target" and there is space between AGTH and game exe paths.
Run the game from this shortcut.
Before the name of program to load you can specify some options for AGTH. Each option must be separated by spaces from both sides.
Everything after the name of program will be passed to that program as its command line.

Example of running the same game but also automaticaly copy captured text to clipboard:

"C:\AGTH\agth.exe" /C "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
Full list of available options can be found with Help menu from interface or /? from command line.

Working with loaded AGTH
After load AGTH will create its window, where it will show captured text.

AGTH separetes text into several 'text threads' based on 'context' (to avoid mess from mixing text of game, menu, title...). Displayed text thread could be chosen by drop-down list in the upper part of AGTH window. As game runs, new text threads could be found and added to list.

If you close AGTH window it will not detach it's hook from the running applications, so if AGTH is started again it will continue to hook the text, hook options will be unchaged too.

Additional features
AGTH can try to correct locale of programs - useful for running japanese games with system locale set to non-japanese.

/R option tries to correct locale the AGTH-way - minor visual glitches are possible, but overall program should run like started on system with specified locale.
/L option works exactly as running program under AppLocale (also this option requires installed AppLocale).

AGTH can be used just for fixing locale without any text hooking.
Example of starting QuickATLAS with locale overriden to japanese (useful in case when you see only '?????' in it instead of characters):
C:\AGTH\agth.exe /L /NH "C:\Program Files\Atlas\QuickATLAS.exe"
Some good information, I always used vnr with the chinese unicode and it worked for me.

NewFace

Mystic Girl
Game Developer
Reputation score

I made a partial translation for this game (1.082 and below).
This was done via machine translation and is thus pretty inaccurate. Some descriptions from items aren't translated and I left out a lot of flavor text.
That said, it should have most of the important stuff translated. Hopefully someone does a proper partial or even full translation for this game in the future.
Until then feel free to use mine.
one of my patreon thanks for your translation very much! good job!