What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker Guro [Newface] Evil Goddess (堕邪女神)

Shaele

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Evil Goddess (堕邪女神)

Is there or will there be an english translation of this game? or of the items/skills/menu?

I read on newface's patreon (new supporter hi!), that he is planning to translate the skills in 1.083, but seeing as there a lot of story and content as well, will that be eventually in english? If so is there a timeline for it?

NewFace

Mystic Girl
Game Developer
Reputation score

Is there or will there be an english translation of this game? or of the items/skills/menu?

I read on newface's patreon (new supporter hi!), that he is planning to translate the skills in 1.083, but seeing as there a lot of story and content as well, will that be eventually in english? If so is there a timeline for it?
when the game is completely finished i will try to translate all of them into english,but maybe i will change some contents before that ,so i just translate skill and some items.

but 1.084 i will translate talking contents(only the new contents of 1.084) as well.

Sakome

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I remember seeing this game years ago while lurking and my panties instantly dropped. Finding that it's still being developed and has incredible content blew my mind.

Just to consolidate and be clear, on Patreon, if you donate $25, you get older versions. $50 gets you the latest version. Future updates from there will only be a couple bucks if I'm understand newface right.

Pledging a recurring $1 will be like other Patreon where it just keeps you up to date and access to that content.

Does all of this sound correct?

If so, I didn't know you could just do one time donations on Patreon? Or I clearly missed or misunderstood something.

guyver

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I remember seeing this game years ago while lurking and my panties instantly dropped. Finding that it's still being developed and has incredible content blew my mind.

Just to consolidate and be clear, on Patreon, if you donate $25, you get older versions. $50 gets you the latest version. Future updates from there will only be a couple bucks if I'm understand newface right.

Pledging a recurring $1 will be like other Patreon where it just keeps you up to date and access to that content.

Does all of this sound correct?

If so, I didn't know you could just do one time donations on Patreon? Or I clearly missed or misunderstood something.
afaik pay, before the 31st of this month, 25$ to get the 1.081 or 50$ for the 1.082 and add a single 1$ on top of that for the 1.083.
he always refer to total donation on patreon: you donate 25$ like myself this month, but on september you feel like getting the whole update thing.. you then have to donate 26$ more on top of your previous donation to top the 51$ tier.

teapotdome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

坑神newface;1005455 said:
when the game is completely finished i will try to translate all of them into english,but maybe i will change some contents before that ,so i just translate skill and some items.

but 1.084 i will translate talking contents(only the new contents of 1.084) as well.
Do you mean that you will hire a professional translator for the full game or that you plan on translating the game yourself? Although your English has improved I don't believe you personally can produce a translation that will give English-speaking players an approximate experience to the excellent Chinese text.

I suspect that hiring a capable translator would make sense from an economic perspective, as the extra revenue from having a high-quality translation instead of a sub-par one would be much more than the payment to the translator. A game's story is maybe as important as the art, and your English-speaking supporters are missing out because up to now, they have had to make do with machine translations that can't come close to capturing the feeling of the original.

From experience, the general competence of English in China is dubious at best, so I can understand if you have difficulty finding the intersection of people who are proficient at translating Chinese-English and are willing to work on H-games. It's just that a game of this caliber really does deserve a quality English translation.

NewFace

Mystic Girl
Game Developer
Reputation score

Do you mean that you will hire a professional translator for the full game or that you plan on translating the game yourself? Although your English has improved I don't believe you personally can produce a translation that will give English-speaking players an approximate experience to the excellent Chinese text.
of course not myself, it will be a too huge work to me...

teapotdome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well I hope if and when a translation gets released it can be free from the controversy surrounding many recent projects. (See Cursed Armor)

I want to see all the major cities get created! I want to see the 大坑 get 填'd, if you will. I don't want the meta joke that one old guy says about not living to see the completion to come true.

More Western support can bring about the funds necessary for that.

What I am asking is why not start the translation process sooner rather than when the game is complete?

Last edited:

teapotdome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Reposting my attempt at a translation of the story outline of the two major near complete cities we see in-game so far from the dead thread in Under Construction here. I remember this giving me new appreciation of the difficulty and long-ass time it would take to translate the actual game itself, as well as for the efforts put into the existing translations of other games.

Evil Goddess takes place on an as yet unnamed planet.

The surface world originally contained humans, orcs, and various subhuman races.

Parallel to the surface is the realm of magic, the realm of magic and the surface appear to be firmly stuck together facing opposite directions.

Some say that the realm of magic is the projection of the surface, and that the sun in the realm of magic is purple.

Originally, the surface and the realm of magic were physically impossible to connect. Then for unknown reasons, all over the world appeared transport passages connecting the two, some small ones of which were opened by humans using magic.

Surface world countries:

1. Milanis:

A country led by brave and beautiful warrior ladies, originally members of the Yamei race divided into many small disjoint tribes. The modern country was formed after the inaugural queen Milanis united all the tribes.

Even before the founding of the country, the Yamei would be constantly in communication and conflict with the bordering orcs and another one of the ancient human races, the Meiyan. Like the Yamei, the orcs are also warlike, but they worship the evil Elder God Great Worm Abaddon, the arch-nemesis of the Goddess of Life Myrna the Yamei worship. Even more vexing is that the orcs engage in reproduction worship, and love to capture strong beautiful women as mates, and so would often cross the mountain ranges to abduct the Yamei ladies.

Another of the ancient human races, the Meiyan, also worship the Great Worm Abaddon. They are a very lustful female-dominated race, skilled in raising animal-partners, constantly using their own bodies to "feed" their pets. They hold a deep interest in the Yamei ladies, so there have also been incidents of friction and abduction.

In later wars with the orcs, in order to exchange for her captured compatriots, Queen Milanis willingly gave her self up as hostage to be tied up towards the orc nation and locked up and raped by the orc king. After a while, she miraculously returned to Milanis, and carried a daughter she claimed was a blessing given to her by the Goddess Myrna. This daughter later became the second queen.

In this time Milanis and the orc nation signed a peace treaty; in times of need the orc nation would assist in the defense of Milanis, and cannot cross over boundaries to harass Milanis citizens, as reparations, every year the "Queen's exercise" is held at the border between the two countries, letting orcs and Milanis ladies engage in chatioc war. The orcs with talent are able to capture the ladies to mate and sire children, and those ladies with talent are promoted.

Milanis believe in the Goddess of Life Myrna, as well as holy light, and are sexist towards men. However, it opens its commerce to male merchants, with a great many restrictions. In the army there are many women with lesbian tendencies, but most suppress their carnal desires.

- is allied with the Country of Ice, exchanging communications and emissaries.

- is opposed to the City of Eternal Night, even now there are occasional wars.

2. Riverview town:
Originally a small town at the bottom of a mountain containing an ancient city mysteriously ruined in one night. Because Riverview is located at an important transportation intersection, it grew gradually prosperous as a result of efforts by those male merchants discriminated by Milanis as well as by various travelers. Though in name belonging within the borders of Milanis and containing a church as well as small amounts of soldiers, it has a dark underworld, such as the semi-public human slave trade Meiya office, underground gladiator arena, etc...
Danger and great entrepreneurial opportunities go hand in hand here.

3. City of Eternal Night:

Originally Eternal Night City did not exist, but long ago, monsters primarily consisting of vampires and werewolves crossed over from the realm of magic to this side of the world, occupied what was land developed by Milanis immigrants, and gradually constructed the city now known as Eternal Night. For this foothold in the surface world, they made huge sacrifices, as to the north was the holy light guided Milanis, to the west was the human Country of Sand, to the east floated the Country of Goddesses, and to the northeast was the Country of Ice. When the monsters first appeared in the surface world en masse, they endured a siege by the allied human nations. After countless sorrowful losses on both sides, the monsters of Eternal Night City banded together and drove back the siege of the humans, and under the leadership of the Dragon Princess Milia, chased the fleeing soldiers of the Country of Sand to the Country of Sand. Then Milia was defeated by a young hero and the two fell in love and married. They toppled the existing dynasty's rule and became the rulers of the Country of Sand.

The war ended between the Country of Ice and Eternal Night City. Because of the dynastic change, the Country of Sand also called for peace. Only Milanis was steadfast in its belief that light and darkness cannot coexist. Even after the siege ended in failure Milanis still endlessly sends troops to attack Eternal Night City and sends guards to the junction between Eternal Night City and the western nations.

After Eternal Night City defeated its outside enemies, because the monsters not belonging to the night faction mostly followed dragon princess Milia to the Country of Sand, the remaining two great races, the vampires and the werewolves had a schism. The vampire queen lobbied that owing to the great number of casualties of war, they should coexist peacefully with the human nations, but the werewolf king wanted revenge for comrades lost to war and wanted to completely annihilate the Milanis that even still was sending troops to attack Eternal Night City. Tensions between the two factions exploded into a civil war for the rule of Eternal Night City. At the beginning the werewolves were advantaged because of their exceeding strong regeneration abilities and physical strength, but the vampires developed magic battle golems with an outer shell of incomparably hard obsidian and magic crystal, and defeated the werewolves.

The werewolf king was killed in the civil war by the vampire queen Camilla, whom he had saved in the war for survival against the humans. The werewolves became underground rebels of Eternal Night City.

Afterwards, Eternal Night became a fairly open city. The attraction of beautiful succubi and the lure of money caused the congregation of many orc and ogre laborers harvesting magic crystals. Other than Milanis that will never end its hostility, many fearless humans from various races and nations all over lived here, most of whom were mercenaries and merchants from the Country of Sand. There even are occasional demons.
Eternal Night City believes in the Eternal Night Goddess, the dangerously beautiful legendary ancestor of the blood race. This legend existed even long before the monsters first crossed the passage to the surface world.

4. Country of Ice

5. Country of Sand

6. Country of the Sea

7. Country of Demons

8. Country of Goddesses

9. Seedbed Cave

Realm of Magic

NewFace

Mystic Girl
Game Developer
Reputation score

Reposting my attempt at a translation of the story outline of the two major near complete cities we see in-game so far from the dead thread in Under Construction here. I remember this giving me new appreciation of the difficulty and long-ass time it would take to translate the actual game itself, as well as for the efforts put into the existing translations of other games.

Realm of Magic
When i wrote down the content ,i was runing after the comic book" hunter X hunter",i was so interesting on the unknow "darkness land",I think it's interesting to just build a huge world view,although you may not be able to finish all of them.

teapotdome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

能回答为什么不早点找专业翻译出英化版吗?该论坛上有些质量比堕邪差的游戏反而赞助者和资金比你多,因为他们有英文或许宣传比你佳。
个人认为许多海外玩家有英文了才会买游戏。

Can you answer why not make a professional English translation of the game sooner? There are some games on ulmf and Patreon that are worse in quality than Evil Goddess and yet have more supporters and funding. Perhaps this is because they have English or have better advertising. Many foreign players will only buy the game once it's in English.

(我打中文还是比打英文难)

Last edited:

NewFace

Mystic Girl
Game Developer
Reputation score

个人认为许多海外玩家有英文了才会买游戏。

(我打中文还是比打英文难)
回答过了啊。。就在上面第一次提到请翻译的回复后

游戏完成后,我会回头对之前在新手期间做的早期内容做一些修改,改多大内容未知,我不想因此而重复翻译。

另外这游戏的脚本比较复杂,很多状态和功能脚本和中文绑定在一起,如果只是翻译游戏内容而对脚本知道怎么改的话,很有可能直接游戏无法运行

NewFace

Mystic Girl
Game Developer
Reputation score

个人认为许多海外玩家有英文了才会买游戏。

(我打中文还是比打英文难)
1.084将是双语版,先试试吧~

teapotdome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

哦我的意思是我写中文是用拼音也不熟练,读是完全没问题。

谢啦, 你这意思比前面说的英文清楚。

So he's saying that he's waiting for the game to be finished to make as yet unknown changes and then translate.

The issue is that who knows how long that will be. (insert tired memes such as HL3 here)

Also he comments on the complex script and how it's intertwined with the Chinese text. Indeed I had first-hand experience with how it's a bitch to work with.

Last edited:

NewFace

Mystic Girl
Game Developer
Reputation score

哦我的意思是我写中文是用拼音也不熟练,读是完全没问题。

谢啦, 你这意思比前面说的英文清楚。

So he's saying that he's waiting for the game to be finished to make as yet unknown changes and then translate.

The issue is that who knows how long that will be. (insert tired memes such as HL3 here)

Also he comments on the complex script and how it's intertwined with the Chinese text. Indeed I had first-hand experience with how it's a bitch to work with.
在我制作1.084时,我还发现了一个问题,在对话中小写的“k”无法显示,有k的单词在游戏运行时会全部没有k,必须是大写的“K”才能得以保留,这是一个非常奇怪的BUG

Reputation score

This may be why I can't get visual novel reader to work with the game anymore, either that or I somehow broke my translation settings.

teapotdome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I heard Visual Novel Reader was dead.

teapotdome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I use ITHVNR + Rikai for help reading Japanese stuff as it gives superior results to Visual Novel Reader, but of course I don't know the best way of going about machine translating Chinese.

guyver

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

cc billed, now we wait for the game. :cool:

Sir Bubbles

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wait, so currently I can only play on the native language if I get the latest versions of the game? If I pledge, can I still get older versions of the game, then? (The ones in which translations are still working)