What's new

ACT [暁音] Nightmare Sphere

parjoala

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Nightmare Sphere is out...

I've had it and I've solved it by terminating the game from task manager and restarting it. Sometimes, it will lock up when you go from one map to another, don't know why though.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I have been having a problem with this game. I have gotten to to work fine for awhile, but now after playing the game for about 10 or so minutes, it will loop a sound effect, then it will lock-up completely afterwords.
SImple fix (should be). From the download page (hxxp://page.freett.com/mickmanx/NS/) you probably downloaded ver105 right? Go back and download ver102 instead. 105 is a version that runs lights on computer resources, but because of this, it tends to run out of memory very quickly. 102 should allow you to play through the entire game without freezing, though it may run slowly when you first open it each time.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

how do i play this? it does not load, just gets about half a centimeter on the load bar then stops responding

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

how do i play this? it does not load, just gets about half a centimeter on the load bar then stops responding
It takes sometimes up to 20-30 seconds for it to start up. If it still won't start then I don't know what to tell you.

DarkWarpalg6

Sex Demon
Reputation score

It can take about five minutes for it to load for me.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

no.
i dont mean it takes ages to load.

i mean the load bar pops up, then it stops responding. as in "program x is not responding, close program Y/N?

Mojjo

Reputation score

*Cast level 4 necromancy on the thread*
*Success!*

I have been having a problem with this game. I have gotten to to work fine for awhile, but now after playing the game for about 10 or so minutes, it will loop a sound effect, then it will lock-up completely afterwords.

I check the thread and it didn't seem that anyone else has had this problem. I haven't tried reinstalling yet. I got both the data and the exe. I haven't messed with anything outside the in-game process function (which doesn't seem to change much). I'm running Vista (SP2), and I'm using a controller, but it seems to do it with only the keyboard too.

Thanks in advance.
Have the same problem with 1.05 on Windows 7 x64. I just run in compatibility with Windows XP and it works.

Reputation score

no.
i dont mean it takes ages to load.

i mean the load bar pops up, then it stops responding. as in "program x is not responding, close program Y/N?
But how long have you waited before forcing it to close? It's quite normal for a program not to respond while loading.

Tymon

Reputation score

The game won't even run for me at all. It crashes as soon as I try to run it.

Tymon

Reputation score

NSphere105.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I've tried 102, 100 and 99 as well. All of them do this behavior. Frustrating...

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Hrmm...I've got 93 and mine works just fine. Maybe try that one...maybe it's your computer? It's pretty a pretty intense program.

*Downloaded 105 and it started for me...just took a while for it to start like usual. Problem I had with it was that I would stop running ever second or two like I let up on the directional button. That sufficiently irritated me and I closed and deleted it very shortly after.

Last edited:

Gryphose

Lurker
Reputation score

*Downloaded 105 and it started for me...just took a while for it to start like usual. Problem I had with it was that I would stop running ever second or two like I let up on the directional button. That sufficiently irritated me and I closed and deleted it very shortly after.
Seems a few people have this issue, one that Stiltzkinator did offer some advice on:

SImple fix (should be). From the download page (hxxp://page.freett.com/mickmanx/NS/) you probably downloaded ver105 right? Go back and download ver102 instead. 105 is a version that runs lights on computer resources, but because of this, it tends to run out of memory very quickly. 102 should allow you to play through the entire game without freezing, though it may run slowly when you first open it each time.
I was having the same issue with it locking up randomly, until I followed Stiltz' advice. Might wanna try that.

Shitflops

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

NECROMANCY BE DAMNED!

Ahem, anyway...

A long time back I used to play this game alot, and it ran smoothly with the usual control issues like everyone else.

Oh, but one thing bothers me. After a bit I ended up getting hit by a virus from hongfire that wrecked my comp. So I reformatted and later got this game today, but something is happening that didnt last time. The game is running in a slow motion for 3+ hours. Im using v102, any ideas?

Hand Solo

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Try downloading and running the last version(105). I think the author made some kind of timing adjustments because of slow-down issues with 102.

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

Try downloading and running the last version(105). I think the author made some kind of timing adjustments because of slow-down issues with 102.
You have it backwards. 105 is designed to run with less stress on your computer, but the backlash of this is that it runs out of memory very quickly. 102 is the most compatible version for most people. It will result in more CPU usage while you run the game, but you probably won't be trying to do something else while playing the game anyway, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Rin Umiko

Reputation score

You have it backwards. 105 is designed to run with less stress on your computer, but the backlash of this is that it runs out of memory very quickly. 102 is the most compatible version for most people. It will result in more CPU usage while you run the game, but you probably won't be trying to do something else while playing the game anyway, so it shouldn't be a big deal.
Um... when you saying slow-down, doesn't that come from high CPU usage? I have a game that hogs 600K memory and 60% CPU whenever it runs, and it's still smooth. However, if I try to run it along with a download accelerator (40% CPU and only 100K memory or so), the game lags like no tomorrow.

I also heard about having USB plugged in will slow the game down or something like that.

Anyway, still waiting for NS2, the demo movie was really great.

muigordo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Um... when you saying slow-down, doesn't that come from high CPU usage? I have a game that hogs 600K memory and 60% CPU whenever it runs, and it's still smooth. However, if I try to run it along with a download accelerator (40% CPU and only 100K memory or so), the game lags like no tomorrow.

I also heard about having USB plugged in will slow the game down or something like that.

I can't wait for the actual "demo," been so impatient since I read that "the author released a demo-" At this point im vibrating in my chair with excitment- "movie" At this point I wanted to stab someone.

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

Okay, so I'm an idiot for missing some important information here. But to clarify, I have yet to know of anyone that can run version 105 without it crashing itself every six or seven minutes (you're welcome to try, of course, and if it works, do tell). There are a lot of things that can cause a slowdown in this game, though I don't quite remember them off the top of my head. I'll ask a friend of mine who had this issue to see what he did to fix it.

Hand Solo

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sadly, I had the opposite problem. When I ran version 102, the game would pause/unpause every 3-5 seconds(very annoying). I downloaded version 105, redownloaded the DATA file(author updated the DATA file around the time of release for 105) and everything has been great since.

I might want to add I'm running Wine on Ubuntu. I have not tried it on Windows, so mileage may vary.

Deekin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Same as the above post, only I'm running actual Windows 7.
64-bit even.
Redownload the DATA file AND the 105 exe.
And get rid of all prior versions of the game.