What's new

ACT NTR [NoTearsProject] NoTearsAction~アル姉ぇの忍法帖~ (RJ297128)

Resnepsid

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
1599002682313.png

NoTears Project's third game; this time a side-scroller action game in Unity instead of the usual RPG Maker MV gameplay; released 1st of September.

H-elements:

Game contains no loli/shota, no scat/gore/vore but can have heavy NTR/rape content depending on the player losing to certain monsters.
It is also fully voiced (all heroines) and animated.
Each monster has a unique GOR event, but boss GOR scenes and H-events are much longer and detailed both in text and animation.
However, the event CGs can only be saved by collecting purple orbs dropped by the monsters as a currency, which you can trade in for CGs after unlocking them in the recollection room. (I'm not very sure how to "unlock" buying certain CGs, however.)
There's only a virgin playthrough available, losing at any part of the game leads to game over.

The Story:

Arne (the protagonist), her innocent friend Kenji (used to be a shota in previous games but not this one) and her cheeky friend Sakura (blonde gal) enjoy their days in peace in their village, until the romantic developments between Kenji and Arne trigger Sakura, who tries to stop them from getting closer.

Gameplay:

A unique twist to the traditional side-scroller experience is that the game includes a CARD system. Throughout the adventure, the player can acquire special cards from monster drops and treasure chests that can be equpped (up to 4 total) to use special skills to help fighting the monsters. Cards have different rarities and power values and they cost a mana-like resource to use, which regenerates naturally over time or by picking up mana potions.

Monsters encountered during these stages have various attacks that deal damage to the player. There's visual clothing damage at around 50% health. Upon falling to 0 health, the player enters a GOR state.

Every now and then the player can run into events and conversations as well as boss fights to spice up the game.

Upon beating each boss fight, an EX(pert) mode is unlocked for the said boss via a red portal that can give rarer cards in exchange for a tougher fight.
Defeating the EX-mode final boss grants the True Ending (or Love Ending; with a post-game event with CG) This is only available in version 1.03+ (the final boss ex portal doesn't spawn in 1.02)

Controls:

ASD - Move left/crouch/right
Space - Jump
Z/LMB - Throw shuriken
X/RMB - Activate cards
F/C - Open menu

Text-hooking the game via Textractor:

Personal:

The complete game seems pretty well made, though I personally have issues with playing it, as starting/loading a game puts me onto a black screen. Saving/reloading can put me onto a trial stage but cards don't seem to work for me and the attack rate seems unusually slow... though I haven't found anyone who has a similar issue. Perhaps someone here knows the solution to that?

EDIT: Regional settings changed to Japan fixed this issue for me. Many thanks to those providing ideas in the thread!

Last edited:

Nightverge

#1 Hero
Reputation score
Edit: Thanks for updating the OP

Last edited:

KmonX123

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The game kinda sucks. I mean played all their games and the RPGs were great. but the action one seems to have lots of frame skips and game kinda feels glitchy and unrefined.

OP
R

Resnepsid

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Might wanna read the rules before posting, bud.
My apologies, hopefully the updated description is acceptable.

The game kinda sucks. I mean played all their games and the RPGs were great. but the action one seems to have lots of frame skips and game kinda feels glitchy and unrefined.
Did you manage to play through the game then? I can see Arne's displayed picture and the HP/MP bar but there seems to be no intro and it puts me straight onto a black screen.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Black screen is a problem sometime apperaing with Unity game using Japanese coding on non Japanese computer.

Switching unicode don't do the trick.
You might end up having to completly switch your PC to Japanese setting...
HOWEVER

Some of theses action may do the trick :
1) use emulating software like LE (who emulate more local setting than unicode). Note that LE don't always recognize unity game exe as compatible with it, so the "right click on the game exe and select LE" may not work. Just drag & drop the game exe on LE exe file LEGUI.exe. (if possible, check for LE update).
2) remove japanese from the game folder path (might just work, or might work when combined with emulating tool).

OP
R

Resnepsid

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Black screen is a problem sometime apperaing with Unity game using Japanese coding on non Japanese computer.

Switching unicode don't do the trick.
You might end up having to completly switch your PC to Japanese setting...
HOWEVER

Some of theses action may do the trick :
1) use emulating software like LE (who emulate more local setting than unicode). Note that LE don't always recognize unity game exe as compatible with it, so the "right click on the game exe and select LE" may not work. Just drag & drop the game exe on LE exe file LEGUI.exe. (if possible, check for LE update).
2) remove japanese from the game folder path (might just work, or might work when combined with emulating tool).
I gave it a go, unfortunately the issue still stands. Thank you for trying to help though!
I feel it's not a "traditional" black screen error, as the game is technically operational but functions of it are missing.
I've downloaded the trial version as well to see if it has the issue and lo and behold -- it also has the same problem.
I remember playing one of the early trials and it ran just fine on my old rig, perhaps it's not very compatible with Win10 or certain hardware...

Bryanis

Reputation score
Well, in most unity game I've seen peoples reporting black screens, the one saying they managed to play in the end where peoples using trick to or going to japanese setting.
Some just had to switch the time zone / format in addition to the unicode.

Only other thing I found, is "dlsite" faq for some game not starting or having black screen.
Dunno what's the thing they dell you to do really are, so I'll leave them here :

Windows' DEP settings may prevent you from starting the game. Please try the following to set an exception rule:

1. Right-click on My Computer and choose Properties.
  2. Go to Advanced tab > Performance > Settings.
  3. Go to Data Execution Prevention tab in Performance Options window.
  4. Check the box of Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:
  5. Click Add and choose the program .exe (the product file you downloaded and tried to start).

batman21

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
When i start the game its all zoomed in so much i only see her feet

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I remember the "NTR" in this group's work is pretty weak, as in it's mostly just rape rather than NTR.

KmonX123

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Game works great for me. had no issues of any sort and played the game for like an hour before I quit due to Meh gameplay. :p

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
When i start the game its all zoomed in so much i only see her feet
Was the same for me. I unplugged my fightstick from my PC and restarted the game, which fixed it.

This game is pretty unimpressive. The stages are way too bloody long for the really bland mechanics the game has to offer, made even worse by every "world" in Super Mario terms being divided into too many parts. The fact that there's no action to be found outside of events in-between stages and GoR makes the game an absolute drag to play, even more so when the mosaic censorship it just two gigantic blocks so you can't even get a hint of what something looks like. Collecting cards was fun for a little while, but when that's the only reward or fun you'll have throughout every single stage it gets old pretty dang fast. Not to mention that it's a Japanese Unity game, so despite looking half-assed it still takes up almost as much space on my hard drive as Dark Souls does. Just ain't worth it unfortunately.

ADM

Reputation score
Anybody else having issues with reipatcher not translating the game like...at all?

Bryanis

Reputation score
Anybody else having issues with reipatcher not translating the game like...at all?
The tool don't work with all unity game.
Apparently it don't work with some way thing are coded or the kind of code used.
Tool dev seem to be working on another twin tool to use for another kind of coding, but all the detail are lost on me since I don't have any revelant informatic knowledge...

joey88

Lurker
Reputation score
If you go into a unity game's data folder and see il2cpp, reipatcher doesn't work.

blerghit

Reputation score
Game just doesnt feel worth playing, long maps full of running and stomping enemies while running past, platfroming is basic and uninspired and the execution of it is bad (you can get stuck at walls you are jumping on top of)
Altough the spider rape scene was nice when decensored, im gonna stop playing this there. Gameplay is awfull, and with no TL tool working theres absolutely no point in playing.

OP
R

Resnepsid

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've finally managed to rig the game to work!
The gameplay itself isn't exceptional, I agree. Overall, it wasn't bad, but unfortunately the number of scenes went down proportionately due to the investment into animating everything. A fair trade-off, I guess; though I would have preferred more CGs myself.
However, the circle's strength is usually in the H-scene writing/dialogue, so the only good way to play this is with hooking the text to a translator.

...and with no TL tool working theres absolutely no point in playing.

I did some trials, and as it is an IL2CPP runtime Unity game (which don't work with Unity autotranslator) I played around in Textractor until i finally managed to find a hook for it.
That way, the h-scenes can be enjoyed if you actually can make out what they're saying.
If you care about it, searching among the many hooks for a minute or two could get you one that actually works reasonably well. Mine spammed the controller layout between two messages, but it was easy to ignore.