What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Nubeedev] Vampire's Knight

polypopm

Reputation score
I played the demo and great game dev! I think there seems to have issues with the escape as I can't break free from it. Though, I would still say it is commendable with its current appeal!

Caernarvon

Reputation score
Grab system is unique and amazing and isn't just mindless mashing, awesome work! Think people are struggling since there's no tutorial but I love how there's a minigame involved in it. Imagine being grabbed might do damage or cause some other debuff in future, though I've only played demo one so it might already be a thing

fedefyr2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Tried the demo. The escape system needs to go, makes it thoroughly unenjoyable to play. Too easy to get stuck in a loop. But otherwise than that, it has promise, im looking forward to trying it again once its an actual playable state.

Momo

Reputation score
Yeah, the escape system is also a huge no for me, I know it's trying to do something different from the usual button mashing which is nice and I understand it's trying to make me press v in sync with the animation but sometimes I press it in time and it doesn't work, it's even more frustrating when the enemy speeds up the animation making me resync it again but at that point I just give up and reload the save.

I'd suggest either making the timing a constant instead of changing up the pace in the middle of it or just go for the generic button mashing.

Edit: it's the timing window to get it right that's too short

Last edited:

Ellu Fishi

Reputation score
I'll say I do like the escape mechanic. The timing is a bit too strict though so I can see where the difficulty for some come from.

OP
NubeeDev

NubeeDev

Reputation score
Hey, didn't expect so many comments so fast! Thanks to everyone who tried the demo.

About the escape mechanic, I was kinda unsure about how tough it might be since I'm the one behind it, It's easy enough for me. If you miss the timing, it'll actually decrease the escape gauge instead of filling it. I'm thinking about adding options for different difficulty levels or progressively ramping up the challenge.

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score
...I can't seem to brake free from the grabs...
Yea, because there's one of those little mini games thrown on top of the sex that steals your attention away from fapping, for sake of being...creative? No offense and it's a good start, but I honestly hope for an "escape difficulty" option so that I can just mash the V key to escape whenever I want...

OP
NubeeDev

NubeeDev

Reputation score
Yea, because there's one of those little mini games thrown on top of the sex that steals your attention away from fapping
You've got a point there. The gauge may distract you from the h-anim. Maybe I will put a gauge bar and make the h-anim glow an outline for the timing so you don't have to keep your eyes on the gauge. Thanks for the feedback; I'll work on improving it.

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I couldn't figure out the the escape mech at all, I let the first enemy grab me to try it and just couldn't. I'm wondering if high frame rates could effect it? the only other thing after a little playing around I found its where you should add to the difficulty, as it is now you can just jump and run away from the enemy, I lack the skills to make a game so I don't know how hard it would be to do but it would be worth trying to make it so enemy chase you till you kill them or their having their way with you. ether way it will be a nice little platformer.

OP
NubeeDev

NubeeDev

Reputation score
I just realized, I think I should've given more information about how the struggle mechanic works, so here is some tips :
  • Regenerate enough stamina before you start to struggle. Pressing "V" consumes stamina each time you use it, If you press "V" right when the H-Anim starts (when you have 0 Stamina after being knocked), you're not letting yourself regenerate enough stamina to escape.
  • Try not to miss the timing. missing the timing when pressing "V" will deplete your escape gauge even more than not pressing "V" at all.
  • Press W to stand up if you have enough stamina (heal right after you got knocked) or after the enemy finished the h-anim.
I understand that some players might find this mechanic too difficult, but if the previous escaping difficulty is clarified by the tips above, please let me know.

Last edited:

Caernarvon

Reputation score
I just realized, I think I should've given more information about how the struggle mechanic works, so here is some tips :
  • Regenerate enough stamina before you start to struggle. Pressing "V" consumes stamina each time you use it, If you press "V" right when the H-Anim starts (when you have 0 Stamina after being knocked), you're not letting yourself regenerate enough stamina to escape.
  • Try not to miss the timing. missing the timing when pressing "V" will deplete your escape gauge even more than not pressing "V" at all.
  • Press W to stand up if you have enough stamina (heal right after you got knocked) or after the enemy finished the h-anim.
I understand that some players might find this mechanic too difficult, but if the previous escaping difficulty is clarified by the tips above, please let me know.
I still think the system's great, and yeah it might need a tutorial or something but since it's the main source of H content having it incorporated into gameplay in a unique way like this will go very well.

This said, including different options for this is the best of both worlds and everyone wins. There could be one where it's less of a factor or is skipped, one with a simple button mash, and the as-is but from a veteran of a lot of these H-ACT games it's the main best thing setting it apart from most else at the moment.

Kyom

Reputation score
I think there's a bit of a mismatch between the timing and the prompt as well which is why some people say it doesn't work, it took me a few seconds to realize that you don't hit V when the V appears but rather you do it just as it disappears, and after that I could escape easily. I do agree that it won't hurt to add a difficulty for those who just prefer to mash their way out but other than that, it's a pretty damn good system after being so used to "hit left and right 2000 times" or "spam the jump button".

I love the art style so far and the actual combat is pretty fun too from the demo, I'd support you right now but unfortunately I don't have any money at the moment but definitely looking forward to the release. Keep up the amazing work!

OP
NubeeDev

NubeeDev

Reputation score
I think there's a bit of a mismatch between the timing and the prompt as well which is why some people say it doesn't work, it took me a few seconds to realize that you don't hit V when the V appears but rather you do it just as it disappears, and after that I could escape easily. I do agree that it won't hurt to add a difficulty for those who just prefer to mash their way out but other than that, it's a pretty damn good system after being so used to "hit left and right 2000 times" or "spam the jump button".

I love the art style so far and the actual combat is pretty fun too from the demo, I'd support you right now but unfortunately I don't have any money at the moment but definitely looking forward to the release. Keep up the amazing work!
I'm really glad you enjoyed it! from the code, you can actually hit V right when it turns white. This mechanic is meant for you to react when you see the V, but we tend to time it like a rhythm + some depletion when you miss the rythm (maybe that's why it's really difficult for some players).

These little discoveries as I work on the game are pretty interesting, I wouldn't have known if no one told me about this. Thanks to everyone giving the feedback! I'm always open to making improvements

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score
One thing I am liking (I don't know if this is personal preference or if other people might like this) is the stamina mechanic; in particular how when its emptied from getting hit, she falls unconscious for a couple seconds. Nowadays, games don't want to be doing that which sucks.
Also...this...THIS times 10000.

Me not too long ago: "Hmm...wonder how Kincaid's going...that seemed promising..."

Download demo.

"...Win...to see the sex..."

I deleted that fucking game so fast...In the end you'll do what you want of course, but I pray you don't follow this goddamn trend...Even if you have to just split mechanics into two options that you can just select, which devs seem to conveniently omit... :cautious:

Caernarvon

Reputation score

Me not too long ago: "Hmm...wonder how Kincaid's going...that seemed promising..."

Download demo.

I deleted that fucking game so fast...In the end you'll do what you want of course, but I pray you don't follow this goddamn trend...Even if you have to just split mechanics into two options that you can just select, which devs seem to conveniently omit... :cautious:
Actual ruiner of so many games for me, I see zero point, may as well just watch the gallery or a video at that point lol

Mcloris

Reputation score
No worries! I've already announced my plan for the moan on Patreon. Game development has been a learning experience for me, and sound effects, especially moaning, turned out to be more complex than I thought. They can easily become annoying and repetitive. But don't worry! I'll work with the VA to figure out how to make the moan flowing more smoothly without sounding repetitive. Plus, they'll add different variations based on the character's situation.
That’s nice to hear tried the game is awesome, just wish more moan variety, especially like low hp moan or low ho breathing

That’s nice to hear tried the game is awesome, just wish more moan variety, especially like low hp moan or low ho breathing
For example: low hp status with continued moans and different hit moans

Caernarvon

Reputation score
I would personally love more tentacles or non-human content or traps, but what's here is great so far

Shingle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Download demo.

a neat compromise with this and not having to (lose to every mob + restarting from checkpoint) is to unlock gallery entries when the map is complete.