What's new

On Lord of Valkyrie and Games Closing Down.

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: On Lord of Valkyrie and Games Closing Down.

Knowing what I know about business and marketing is that the main reason a title becomes inactive is entirely due to a lack of consistent advertising. Here I was just actively getting back into LoV, and making much more exponential-progress than when I first made all of those mistakes in the beginning (also helps to know that you can run multiple instances of Chrome-Portable if you've copied the directory and its files and have each instance count as a different browser so that you can be logged into multiple accounts simultaneously to help defeat the Mega-Bosses on your own if other friends are not available), only to see a post that LoV is going to be removed ?

I think the low population really has more to do with lack of advertising and promotion and attention than most other reasons (consider how it's one of the top-ranking titles on JP's end). I only have accounts on Kanpani-Girls (1), Lord-of-Valkyrie (3), Angelic-Saga (2), and Hitsuji-Chronicle (1). This is already more-than-enough time for me to sink away for at least a couple of hours each day. Originally tried to start on Pero-Pero Seduction but it just glitches on me so I am unable to play that anyway due to a lack of being able to save progress. Will the LoV title be re-released/re-licensed to any other game-publisher by the way ?

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Knowing what I know about business and marketing is that the main reason a title becomes inactive is entirely due to a lack of consistent advertising. Here I was just actively getting back into LoV, and making much more exponential-progress than when I first made all of those mistakes in the beginning (also helps to know that you can run multiple instances of Chrome-Portable if you've copied the directory and its files and have each instance count as a different browser so that you can be logged into multiple accounts simultaneously to help defeat the Mega-Bosses on your own if other friends are not available), only to see a post that LoV is going to be removed ?

I think the low population really has more to do with lack of advertising and promotion and attention than most other reasons (consider how it's one of the top-ranking titles on JP's end). I only have accounts on Kanpani-Girls (1), Lord-of-Valkyrie (3), Angelic-Saga (2), and Hitsuji-Chronicle (1). This is already more-than-enough time for me to sink away for at least a couple of hours each day. Originally tried to start on Pero-Pero Seduction but it just glitches on me so I am unable to play that anyway due to a lack of being able to save progress. Will the LoV title be re-released/re-licensed to any other game-publisher by the way ?
I honestly don't think this is the case. LoV was Nutaku's oldest game that I would wager anyone with a 6-digit or lower Nutaku ID has played. I think the issue is simply that LoV isn't as compelling and engaging as the other titles that are now being offered.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I honestly don't think this is the case. LoV was Nutaku's oldest game that I would wager anyone with a 6-digit or lower Nutaku ID has played. I think the issue is simply that LoV isn't as compelling and engaging as the other titles that are now being offered.
To be fair, I think I've only seen LoV on the Nutaku page a couple times long ago. Unless I went to the actual games pages as a new player I wouldn't even know it existed

sotonto

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Besides the lack of advertising, LoV wasn't very new player friendly, an advanced player didn't need low level comrades, since they would do negligible damage to their bosses, and helping with their bosses would give shit rewards, so a new player would struggle once he began spawning bosses that needed help, thus they would leave, thus no new advanced players would get added, add that the players leaving, and keeping an active comrade list became a chore. So more advanced players leave, and it makes a vicious circle of population decreasing.
I left in the Charisma Suzaku event (that face still gives me nightmares), and besides a more than half inactive comrade list(that without knowing actual inactive names, replacing was a gamble with a 1 per day bullshit elimination), I was doing less than 4% damage to event bosses, so to get assist rewards I was needing 3 or even 4 strikes if I had bad luck. And I was playing from the start never missing a day.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd say more people left due to inventory and card limits. I never really had a problem with friends personally.

EcchiSuki

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

LoV wasn't very new player friendly
I actually started on JPN LoV again, and I'm not even sure how I got past the early lvling in the ENG version,
it can feel very offputting at the beginning without much knowledge beforehand. (but luckly I know just to go full stamina and a bit of charisma XD)

My only complaint really is the lack of free inventory space like everyone said, and also some sort of way to know the last time a player has logged.
Can get pretty tedious to check if they are active or not. I recorded a short video of friend's list and if they haven't lvled in 1-2 weeks, I boot them.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd say more people left due to inventory and card limits.
I can agree with this. I left Valkyrie Crusade? If that's the name over lack of inventory space. I had alot of waifus I wanted to keep and not remove them while getting even more waifus. The game was like nope. So I was like eh bye then.

Plus it was impossible to get specific event cards that happened in events before I started playing was major contributing reason. After I saw that one girl, and there was no way to get her whatsoever so I left.

Trollwut

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I'd say more people left due to inventory and card limits. I never really had a problem with friends personally.
More like left because a certain one ignored to take a proper care of it's games.:rolleyes:
You'll need so much effort(of negligence) to brought down something ranked as high as this in dmm:rolleyes:

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

More like left because a certain one ignored to take a proper care of it's games.:rolleyes:
You'll need so much effort(of negligence) to brought down something ranked as high as this in dmm:rolleyes:
So you're basically saying Aigis players are masochists since they are neglected, yet they keep sticking around. :p

Trollwut

Cthulhu
Reputation score

So you're basically saying Aigis players are masochists since they are neglected, yet they keep sticking around. :p
That might be it. :D
Then again if aigis is neglected, then we should say that lov is "my first son isn't grown up as i wanted to be and starting to burden us, let's try with another son and throw him to the trash" type.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That might be it. :D
Then again if aigis is neglected, then we should say that lov is "my first son isn't grown up as i wanted to be and starting to burden us, let's try with another son and throw him to the trash" type.
Well, I admit I don't know what LoV is missing. All I do know is Aigis is literally missing half of it's content. :p

Trollwut

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Well, I admit I don't know what LoV is missing. All I do know is Aigis is literally missing half of it's content. :p
It actually have a lot if not slight less missing content than aigis afaik. Also constant event about the same pace as aigis. Just no passion, no love, no care, no nothing. I don't even remember when the last time they announce a new event publicly for lov. It just appeared out of nowhere.
The question is how the hell they just shut lov when HG is pretty much have similar situation. This probably make you wonder if someone just really hate Navi:rolleyes:
Then again who am i talking something none of my capacity. Going back for grind so i can at least reach lv 180 before the game closed

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Alright, one thing that I did recently, within Lord of Valkyrie was to bring Cecil into Evolution for the first time, and we really need to set the record straight about something... I feel like... well, how shall I put this, I guess let us just say that I felt like I was Vince McMahon after witnessing that...

h t t p : / / w w w . y o u t u b e . c o m /watch?v=HMuf2EY5RXo&fmt=18
(Separated by spaces because post-restrictions on links/URLs...)

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Alright, one thing that I did recently, within Lord of Valkyrie was to bring Cecil into Evolution for the first time, and we really need to set the record straight about something... I feel like... well, how shall I put this, I guess let us just say that I felt like I was Vince McMahon after witnessing that...

So basically, you thought you had yourself a waifu, but instead it turned out to be...

Trollwut

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I see pixels......

Just remember the wise "If there's a hole, there's a way"
And...

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'll chime in and say the inventory issue was my #1 reason for quitting.

Solstic

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The question is how the hell they just shut lov when HG is pretty much have similar situation. This probably make you wonder if someone just really hate Navi:rolleyes:
Pretty much.

No mention of LoV in over half a year but HFG gets a saying that it got updated. It's obvious Nutaku set LoV on the failboat on purpose lol. The queue of patches they paid for ahead of time most likely ended last month and decide not to pay for more. Wouldn't make sense to keep paying for patches and NOT advertise it.

I'll chime in and say the inventory issue was my #1 reason for quitting.
Older players were able to exploit the 20 referrals to get 2K gold to buy storage. If you weren't around this time period and did it. You were basically screwed inventory-wise as f2p.

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

..basically it got to the point where you were doing more inventory management than the rest of the game combined, and that's just plain not fun (unless maybe you're a warehouse manager that loves their job)

razisgosu

Tentacle God
Reputation score

..basically it got to the point where you were doing more inventory management than the rest of the game combined, and that's just plain not fun (unless maybe you're a warehouse manager that loves their job)
I got to that point. It was tolerable when I had 9 spaces in my deck available, then it got to 4 extremely annoying but still tolerable, then it got to 1. At that point I said what am I even doing this for, this is downright annoying and I sure am not spending money on inventory expansion.

Trollwut

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Pretty much.

No mention of LoV in over half a year but HFG gets a saying that it got updated. It's obvious Nutaku set LoV on the failboat on purpose lol. The queue of patches they paid for ahead of time most likely ended last month and decide not to pay for more. Wouldn't make sense to keep paying for patches and NOT advertise it.
I totally forgot about twitter....
So it seems HG will last for a while longer...
Let's enjoy the sinking ship with me like a gentlemen.

Edit : Contest have winners. Random they said. yeah right

Last edited: