What's new

RPG RPG Maker [ONEONE1] Dark Elf Historia / ダークエルフのヒストリア RE173356 RJ173356

Knoloa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [ONEONE1] ダークエルフのヒストリア

It's better than a machine translation in that if I were to play the game with ITH-VNR + Translation Aggregator, I would get something worse.
But it's true that the translation is awful and I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a quick job done using a machine translation as a base. And yeah they definitely did not do quality control on this shit.
It's fine for me because Im not actually paying more for that awful translation, but I can understand people not buying because of it. It really is a joke.

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

Is there anyway that someone could edit the translation so it looks a little bit better?

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

It's better than a machine translation in that if I were to play the game with ITH-VNR + Translation Aggregator, I would get something worse.
But it's true that the translation is awful and I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a quick job done using a machine translation as a base. And yeah they definitely did not do quality control on this shit.
It's fine for me because Im not actually paying more for that awful translation, but I can understand people not buying because of it. It really is a joke.
Hopefully the rest will be better, recently i was talking with a translator that worked on a big game and he said that the first half of the game looks completely different since by the end he had accumulated much more experience and did a much better job.

As for the quality of this one, it still beats machine translation by a large margin in my opinion.

Remilnelia

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

"It's better than machine translation"

It's practically just slapped into Google Translate or some other thing.
My biggest gripe about the translations are the inconsistencies of the translation itself. The examples being:

- Fraylia(as they named her) is misspelled in numerous ways, including "Freria" and "Fray Leah", and so on.
- Scene, or as the translations like to call it, "Seen" or "Sean"... uh... hello? H Scenes? How do you get H Seen? I mean... I guess if you want to see the H, it makes sense, but come on!

I'd probably do a better job translating the game while i'm about to pass out from fatigue while high or drunk or something, because this is just the most atrocious thing i've ever seen.

fortheheckofit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

anyone know how to get the scene with the milking machine?

boobybot

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

does anyone know where i can get the 18+ patch...

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Yup, unfortunately non-curated reviews also means that you'll have to deal with reviewers who don't know what they're talking about or dumb "joke" reviewers. That's especially true when you're talking about a crowd (steam users) that probably never spent a cent on DLsite and never played a japanese H-RPG (and if they did, most likely never through legal means).
Turns out that Sturgeon's Law applies as well to reviews as to what is being reviewed.

naruto95

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

is there a way on how to get the steam ??

SimplyDex

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Does anybody know if there's a difference between the dlsite patch and the steam community patch at this link: I don't know if the community patch fully patches everything. If it doesn't, I'll probably buy the dlsite patch.

Dragon248

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Does anybody know if there's a difference between the dlsite patch and the steam community patch at this link: I don't know if the community patch fully patches everything. If it doesn't, I'll probably buy the dlsite patch.
The 18+ patch removes the extra censorship from the Steam version. It will not remove any mosaics in the game. You can use either one to patch the game with though the Google link over there is down for about twenty-four hours due to too many downloads.

kuraiken said:
BTW: You only get rid of the bunny icons and flowers that block the picture, the typical japanese mosaics (minimal distortion instead of high resolution) will naturally still be there, because Mars took the stuff from the japanese version.

Last edited:

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

So this is just an idea, but those people who bought the game and didn't use fake accounts (or maybe even then) should try to review the game, but please if you like the game but dislike the translation make sure you point that out, it is possible next time they will try to make a better job out of it, or even make the tiny effort of searching the internet comunnity and offer jobs to the many translator who don't make more because it isn't their job xD

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

is there a way on how to get the steam ??
How to get what? Steam? Just go to steampowered.com and download it. Unless if you live in one of the countries that's blockaded by the US, in which case you would need a VPN or a proxy.

nopezetsu-san

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

ummm i see translation is "a bit better than machine one"...i was hyped to buy it but now just disappointed..grrrr i am going to pirate this one.

buddy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm feeling conflicted as to the pirating part, as I actually like ONEONE1's games and want to support them, but I'm not going to buy the Steam version. Never. Ever. There's no chance that I'm willing to revard such utterly horrible translation work. People have even reported multiple game crashes in certain scenes, which is likely a direct consequence of said horrible translation.

I hope the circle will learn from their mistakes and do better in their upcoming translation releases, if this experience hasn't completely killed their motivation. Just hire a goddamn translator!

bumpywolf

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Is there a way to get combat rape to work?

I use the steam version and extracted the "data" and "graphics" folders, overwriten the graphics folder with the one from the japanese game to get rid of censorship but still dont get any in combat rape scenes, everytime i get an "H atack" it just shows for a second or less and ends without actually show anything.

Does the dlsite patch adds the "H attack" back? if thats the case can anyone share that patch?

omgyourmom

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there a way to get combat rape to work?

I use the steam version and extracted the "data" and "graphics" folders, overwriten the graphics folder with the one from the japanese game to get rid of censorship but still dont get any in combat rape scenes, everytime i get an "H atack" it just shows for a second or less and ends without actually show anything.

Does the dlsite patch adds the "H attack" back? if thats the case can anyone share that patch?
download this

---------
If any of you guys have issue where it you fight a enemy and it errors with something something battler and a whole lot of japanese, go the battler folder and rename one of the japanese charactered pictures to the name it was erroring with.

Also for everyone else:
Completed save file here attached below :)
Access it by pressing ESC/X and going to extras.

Attachments

Last edited:

bumpywolf

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

download this

Completed save file here attached below :)
Access it by pressing ESC/X and going to extras.
Great, Thank you very much!

Ok, i tested it, still dont get H attack animations in combat, the enemy just moves a little, the elf gets naked and then redresses without sex animation, i tested it with ork and yeti H attack, i remember that in other ONE ONE 1 games you can see the H attack animation, does the japanese version (of this game) on dlsite does have sex atack animation when they use "H attack"?

On another topic.... YAY! got my post 100! xD

Last edited:

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm feeling conflicted as to the pirating part, as I actually like ONEONE1's games and want to support them, but I'm not going to buy the Steam version. Never. Ever. There's no chance that I'm willing to revard such utterly horrible translation work. People have even reported multiple game crashes in certain scenes, which is likely a direct consequence of said horrible translation.

I hope the circle will learn from their mistakes and do better in their upcoming translation releases, if this experience hasn't completely killed their motivation. Just hire a goddamn translator!
Or they could have been less secretive with their databases. That way maybe their games would have been already fan translated, so all they'd have to do was to ask for permission to use those translations.

I wanted to translate a OneOne1 game too once, but not being able to find the dialogues was a no-go.

jackbob24

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Or they could have been less secretive with their databases. That way maybe their games would have been already fan translated, so all they'd have to do was to ask for permission to use those translations.

I wanted to translate a OneOne1 game too once, but not being able to find the dialogues was a no-go.
What do you mean by that? Is translating this game different from other VX Ace games? :confused:

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What do you mean by that? Is translating this game different from other VX Ace games? :confused:
Yeah, unlike nearly every other VX Ace game, in this one the dialogues are encrypted. They use a unique script that lets you hide them and the only way to decrypt them is by using a key only the developer knows. So the only way to translate their games is by fully rewriting everything, possibly through playing and reading the dialogues ingame(I once thought of trying it, but it's just too boring.)

I thought they did it because they didn't want the game to be available overseas, but now that they released one of their games on Steam, it seems they actually do want our dirty gaijin money.

It's their loss to be honest. Back when I translated Mizuna, there was interest in publishing it on Nutaku, and now the game is available for everyone. If they weren't trying so hard to hide their games' databases from us, I'm pretty sure I'd have worked on at least one of them, and others might have worked on the rest of their games. Instead, I read how bad their machine translation is everywhere.