What's new

ACT [excessm] おねショタACT スマッシュボーイ / Smash Boy (RJ225414)

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Why does this game seem so lacking compared to their other titles?
I mean, it's some of the same animation styles, but I feel like it isn't as high-quality as his other ones.
True. I think he's trying to recreate the feel of his first 2 games. Though he may not get the formula right, that will hopefully make up for some of the technical flaws.

The artist is all about group tease on shota so his first 2 games were done with a fighting engine (2d fighter maker). It had great combat sprites and animations but serious limitations for menus and storyline.

The latest game was some sort of A-RPG using a free RPG engine (wolf) with great menus and animated CGs but forgot something: face sitting/stepping/everything don't go well with 1st person POV.

I can understand why he changed back to a fighting game but kept such a nice engine as Wolf. I'm seriously impressed at how he modded it to make a fighting game but it's still not what Wolf is for.

gemstoner75

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I mean, it's some of the same animation styles, but I feel like it isn't as high-quality as his other ones.
I'd say it's because there's a lot of stuff in the background going on.

It...
a) is a completely new game framework
b) has new animation tech he's using for the extra scenes
c) has a lot and I mean a lot of customizability and little extra features
d) is the first game with an English translation

So yeah, there's a lot of framework going on that might reduce the amount of final content. But really people are just speculating over nothing right now.
There's nothing known about the exact amount of enemies, story, gameplay features and also about future content patches. The trailers from the previous games also didn't show everything after all.

Scepticism

Lurker
Reputation score
Care to elaborate, because I don't see any difference? In fact I'll be so bold to say that, in my opinion, it's improved.

You have more scenes what with the pov from double grab, at least a near/equal ammount of enemies, custom fights,
actual immersive gameplay compared to parade-busters "spam counter to win"-concept, you still have challenges, enemy wiki & story.

What is it missing, according to you?

bobhoskins

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
All I’m asking, and I really hope he has this, is game over scenes. I see the one in the video where the nurses and doctor have the character strapped down, but I think that is a mini game. I really really hope they have scenes if you lose where the character is captured and helpless...

Harkini

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
All I’m asking, and I really hope he has this, is game over scenes. I see the one in the video where the nurses and doctor have the character strapped down, but I think that is a mini game. I really really hope they have scenes if you lose where the character is captured and helpless...

Parade Buster had those, so it's quite likely.

gemstoner75

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It's not a game over scene, but he teases at a section in the game where the protagonist is helpless and weak.
Which I'm very sure will also be an option in the battle builder-mode.

OP
piepiepie

piepiepie

Cthulhu
Reputation score
I wonder if there will be enemies that have restraints skills. I remember in the first Shota ACT game ( ) there was a cop that could throw/put hand cuffs on you making you unable to fight back. You could still move around, but you were unable to fight back until the cuffs wore off. I really hope he puts something like this into the game again!

Last edited:

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'd say it's because there's a lot of stuff in the background going on.
So yeah, there's a lot of framework going on that might reduce the amount of final content. But really people are just speculating over nothing right now.
There's nothing known about the exact amount of enemies, story, gameplay features and also about future content patches. The trailers from the previous games also didn't show everything after all.
Care to elaborate, because I don't see any difference? In fact I'll be so bold to say that, in my opinion, it's improved.

You have more scenes what with the pov from double grab, at least a near/equal ammount of enemies, custom fights,
actual immersive gameplay compared to parade-busters "spam counter to win"-concept, you still have challenges, enemy wiki & story.

What is it missing, according to you?
TLDR:
Kariyumi & One-Syota: Minimalistic independent animation with voice
Parade Buster: well-drawn CGI that was animated/voiced
Fight: seems to be lower-end CGI that was animated then added with voice
I don't see it as an upgrade to any of his other titles. It feels like this game was supposed to be released before Parade Buster, since the quality of that game was better than this one so far. Hell, maybe a good sequel to Parade Buster or at least something in similar retrospect would have been nice as well.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, and it's built well for those who enjoy it, I just see some sort of drop in quality on my own scope. That's not something I say is set in stone for everyone.

Last edited:

cacapost

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Again, not saying it's a bad game, it just feels oddly lackluster compared to what I figured would come out in his product line.
I get what you're saying. But I don't believe its the CG or animations that set this developer apart.
It's the changing gameplay elements of all of them that makes the games so interesting. The first one was as simple as they get, you only used the arrow keys and nothing else.
Next comes the sequel to the first game. Its still just the arrowkeys, but now there's some actual gameplay going on with the ball. Even the escape sequence went from mashing up to timing the up press, with increasing difficulty.

Then we get a change of engine, from 2d fighting game to wolf rpg. And it had a really unique take on the engine going with a click based action game with a booming amount of content.
This newest game is still wolf rpg with a new take on the gameplay once again combining both the first 2 games with the third, making a click (or keyboard) based action fighting beat em up!

I like how every game can be so different, you never know what to expect next from these dudes.

And the one thing every game has in common that makes them good h-games?
They can all be played with one hand

Bad scenes or good scenes, either way the games rock, and this is no exception.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
One-hand strat is good, but I'm a sucker for good scenes. Understandable either way.

Boxtie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I wonder if there will be enemies that have restraints skills. I remember in the first Shota ACT game ( ) there was a cop that could throw/put hand cuffs on you making you unable to fight back. You could still move around, but you were unable to fight back until the cuffs wore off. I really hope he puts something like this into the game again!
I actually like that kind of situation in a video game where your character is bound but has some degree of movement, maybe something needs to be pressed in order to free yourself.
Although I'd like to see that happen to a female protagonist.

OP
piepiepie

piepiepie

Cthulhu
Reputation score
I actually like that kind of situation in a video game where your character is bound but has some degree of movement, maybe something needs to be pressed in order to free yourself.
Although I'd like to see that happen to a female protagonist.
It would be an interesting mechanic, but I think pressing one key to free yourself isn't fun. I am pretty sure most reverse rape fans love a struggle mechanic; having a button that frees you instantly would kind of ruin that aspect of the game. If there was a key mashing mechanic(like rapidly pressing the arrow keys) I don't think it would work in this game. With the amount of enemies on the screen you wouldn't have enough time to escape and it would just cause you to be perma stunned. So if he does implement any sort of bondage mechanic it should just be a time based debuff (or buff :love:).

Boxtie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It would be an interesting mechanic, but I think pressing one key to free yourself isn't fun. I am pretty sure most reverse rape fans love a struggle mechanic; having a button that frees you instantly would kind of ruin that aspect of the game. If there was a key mashing mechanic(like rapidly pressing the arrow keys) I don't think it would work in this game. With the amount of enemies on the screen you wouldn't have enough time to escape and it would just cause you to be perma stunned. So if he does implement any sort of bondage mechanic it should just be a time based debuff (or buff :love:).
I didn't actually mean a single press but maybe mashing or twirling an analog stick.
But I don't remember many game where your character can move around while still tied up.
There's that Tomb Raider reboot and there's Final Fantasy VII, where you can move Barret around while he's hands are cuffed (strangely, you can still reassign your Materia and equipment).

I was thinking even if a player character's hands are tied, maybe they can still kick?

bobhoskins

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I am really pessimistic for game over scenes, in demo it just dumps you back in the "hub" area when you lose, though granted that demo is 3 months old, and just the demo. That would be such a wasted potential if that is the case...you are up against an evil gang of sadistic women, no way they would just let you go if they win. With the animation capabilities, it would make total sense to have a small scene of them carrying your character away, and then a boss-specific game over to whatever mission you lost on (again, like the strapped-to-the-table scene if the scientist wins, probably some disciplinary scene if the school characters or police characters win, etc), just to stress your character's failure...again, I hoping for the best, but it would be a tremendous waste if he leaves that out...