What's new

OOC Comments and General Discussion Thread

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
This is where all OOC Comments, General Discussion and the like should take place. Basically, anything that is NOT a character sheet being submitted for approval, or In Character posting should go in this thread.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: OOC Comments and General Discussion Thread

your copy-paste to the approved thread missed out on my picture link, Dear ;)

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I've currently got my ship written up, and a skeleton list of the significant crew. Should be able to finish it tomorow, but can't be certain due to my father flying in from out of country to visit for a week. Will be a little more distracted during the day time than normal.

Ellisia (a character Siphon is familiar with) will be my main player character I think, but are there any guidelines on extra crew? Just seeing as no one else has included any named extras yet. '-'

Also as a small tip, if you hit "quote" before copying Siphon, and remove the quote tags to copy the text that way instead, you'll be able to retain any formating, links and spoiler boxes people add to their sheets without having to add it again yourself. Tis handy.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If the crew of the ship isn't going to be really used for actual major interaction basic names and whatnot should suffice. If you plan to have say your Tactical Officer port down to open a can of whoop-ass on some aliens though yeah he or she will need an appropriate sheet.

Also, good to know, and I'll try to fix that now Shrike.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Seems to have worked! :D\

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

And we are officially LIVE!

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

So we can post now, right? I can post and stuff and things? And objects.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yes, you are allowed to. I can't remember Suri if we made a decision on if your character was already part of the alliance or not, so leaving that there to you.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I posted that Syilvia will need an entry point into it.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ah OK. Yeah I've got an idea on her. Several people will have the same it seems.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Couple of quick questions: One, I want to be sure I'm reading the timeline correctly. Ian's on the station as well, yes? Given what we talked about, Siphon? Might need a few more background details on that if I'm giving any sort of report.

Two: I'd like to know how we handle characters that we know (Coraxus, Ellisia) but given that this is a "picking it up again" thing, I treated Ellisia as though Sho were meeting her for the first time, but I'd imagine she knows Coraxus. I know it won't be too much of an issue with the newcoming PCs but just trying to keep things straight for RP purposes.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ian would be on the station most likely yes, and yeah I think Sho would know Elissia since Siphon does. Basically if it's a returning character they should know each other, just as Sho would know Talok or Sivok.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

True, though the impression I was getting from Squid was that the Etherians weren't around all that much. What say I leave it up to Squid? If we know each other, I know he's a good enough RPer to keep going in the time it'll take me to go back and edit the conversation to something more familiar. Otherwise, we'll keep things as they are.

And good to know about Ian. I'll drop him in sometime later.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Works for me. Squid and I had something worked out with Siphon so I know where that stands. Squid, I shall leave the others up to you on that.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I wasn't certain about that myself actually. I was generally assuming that they were the same characters as met during SBS, just that they'd not seen each other for a long time. I adjusted Ellisia's age according to the additional years on Sho and Ian, which seemed to fit well enough.

Though having not taken part in the previous sci-fi splinter games I am at a loss for what took part in those. Thus I've just assumed the same for Ellisia and friends (them not being present then that is, they'd still know the gist of overall events probably), spare writing them in for that small "off screen" summary. You'll have to throw me a tip if you think there's anything I should or need to know.

Last edited:
OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It's feasible that they know each other and just didn't have cause to bump into each other in between the beginning of the Ori War and now. I doubt there is anything your character would HAVE to know at this stage since pretty much everything now that will be coming in is going to be new to everyone.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Allrighty. I'll pop back over and edit my post to a "omg haven't seen you in forever" sort of thing (without as much bounce to it), but right now, I need to go eat and then shoot xombies, so I'll do it later *laughs*

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Updated my sheet with the additional crew's details by the way, pending for approval/queries and whatnot.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Er, Squid if you were waiting on approval before posting a reply in the Peltas 5 thread you need not wait.

Characters are good, so have fun :)

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Really sorry for the hold up people. : (

A small delay of posting on my part quickly turned into an extended and very inconvenient string of very busy days. 12 hour shifts, family favours, car hassle, home repairs, and the torturous presence of a newly built PC. A horrible combination and one very difficult to make time for RP posts.

Not sure if that little post was worth waiting for me (>.>), but I'm back and good to continue now.