What's new

OOC thread

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: OOC thread

I've had dreams that seemed pretty freaking real before but it's never carried over to when I'm awake. To be honest with you I would almost rather dream about Iraq than rats, the dream was that messed up.

Well in the books Beckett was sort of like Indiana Jones the Gangrel. I've never actually played Bloodlines despite having the game. Never been able to make it work on any computer I've tried, so I've had to live with simply reading about it.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sometimes when I dream of Afghanistan there are rats involved. Or mice. Crawling, nibbling. But I usually don't have an issue with rats cause I got pet ones. They're adorable.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

I've had dreams that seemed pretty freaking real before but it's never carried over to when I'm awake. To be honest with you I would almost rather dream about Iraq than rats, the dream was that messed up.

Well in the books Beckett was sort of like Indiana Jones the Gangrel. I've never actually played Bloodlines despite having the game. Never been able to make it work on any computer I've tried, so I've had to live with simply reading about it.
I could help with getting it working. PC whiz extraordinare. I had quite a bit of trouble with the game myself, and in fact, all source games for awhile. Oddly, while I found a fix, it's never been on the support pages, despite everyone I know having the same issue x.x

Random tip to begin with, copy everything in the bin directory of the game to the main game dir, and just see if it works then.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I haven't actually had any dreams about Iraq in roughly a year and a half now and they never involved rats, thankfully. Of course the only thing rat-like I ever saw were the kangaroo rats, which are not scary in the least.

I'll have to try that after digging the game out, wherever I put it. It never really surprised me that the game didn't seem to work since I also have the other game by Troika. I think they're considered two of the buggiest games in existence.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Well, they did go bankrupt right after release. There's some unofficial patches (up to 10.0 or something now) that add in like twice a games worth of content and fix most things. And, it was in fact the first source engine game, before even HL2 came out, so I'm willing to give them a bit of leeway x.x

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not sure but this one seems kinda gangrel-ish. I love the skirt and the forest background.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I agree. I love it. I think that should be my next vampire character.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Yeah I give Troika plenty of leeway, since Bloodlines really sounds quite entertaining and I really enjoy their other game, Temple of Elemental Evil. ToEE has a lot of unofficial patches in the same vein as Bloodlines. Even with the bugs ToEE is still probably the most accurate representation of D&D I've seen in a computer game and one of my favorite games.

Ah ninjaed. Sure seems like a Gangrel, though that could just be the forest.

EDIT: Will post tommorrow, too tired to see straight. My eyes are actually burning from the dust. Though I did get home made pizza for helping my friend clean her house so I think it was worth it.

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Free pizza always is. And take yer time Ronny. Not like I've been the most speedy of posters here.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

In my tired state I took that to mean there was a desert in the house you were cleaning... yeah x.x

*Needs to wake up more*

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well we were cleaning in the attic and there was enough dust to form a desert. Now I'll get to posting after sleeping most of the day and watching football the rest.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It appears I cross posted with Ronny. Vezina's response would have come before the announcement by Aethulwulf, preferably as a direct response to Eliza.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I was wondering how you posted so quickly after me. I could probably move my post with my nifty moderation powers but I'm too lazy and everyone will realize after they see this.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It's all right, I suppose it works as it is.

So do you expect that I might go back to talking in smaller circles or can we expect the gargoyle to be brought before everyone? (In the next post.)

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Sorry, my power died shortly after that last post. I was going to wait and see if anyone wanted to move around or speak to anyone during the recess before bringing the gargoyle in. So if you want to speak with someone knock yourself out.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Poor Ranger. Blue why'd you ignore her?

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Did Eliza say something to Vezina? I thought she had gone to talk to Genevieve last I checked the thread. :confused:

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

heh, Eliza is the oldest player on the coterie in both age and generation, youngin. :p