What's new

Operation TR (game in the making) - now with a blog

Clawfoot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Operation TR (game in the making) - slow and steady

I can't let all this hard work go to waste. Bump.

OP
Cactuses

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score

I can't let all this hard work go to waste. Bump.
Don't worry, it won't.
I just need to get myself over this minor art block first..

OP
Cactuses

Cactuses

Reputation score

Alright guys!
I've been back in the mood to work on the graphics again.

Though I've had issues with the actual action on the sides idea.
Given the space on the side, the focus of them is.. rather hard to pull off. The overall would usual look rather cut off if placed on the space I reserved for them, and I'm not sure how it would otherwise look if just placed on top of the rest of the game.

...So I got this other idea;

(This sprite could still do with some tweaking, bare with me, I'm half awake with the power of coffeine)

Convert this project just to a bit more usual ROR? Just scrap the whole side bar idea and convert the stuff so far to larger sprite size? This could make the whole action side easier to make and give player focus on aswell.
Ofcourse the whole converting the existing parts would take a while.

..But then again the original idea is also probably more intresting then this.

I can ofcourse continue with the original and make the side bar focus for the sex action work when I put mind on to it, but it just is more work to make work.

So guess I'd like to hear what you all think;

Should I convert the graphics to larger scale and make this more traditional ROR?

Or

Continue with the original plans?

I'm also not sure how it would go work with the programming part.
For my side, either option can work, and they all pretty much equally as much work to sprite.

R

Ryka

I love the newer style of gaming. The older is unique to say the least, but the newer would be tons more arousing and fun to play.

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Operation TR (game in the making) - Some opinions wanted

More than happy to rebuild at a different scale or whatever you want to go with man :)

Its all about what art you make me to use.

-Oberon

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

I have a suggestion that may solve space issues, and this actually comes from TP's games.

Remember how all his games had a "zoom" feature? That could save you from cutting off anything. When a rape initiates, just have the sidebar swell to take up more of the screen untill you escape, then have it snap back.

This may call for a bit more coding, but it would solve the space issue.

OP
Cactuses

Cactuses

Reputation score

More than happy to rebuild at a different scale or whatever you want to go with man :)

Its all about what art you make me to use.

-Oberon
I'm glad to know that.

I have a suggestion that may solve space issues, and this actually comes from TP's games.

Remember how all his games had a "zoom" feature? That could save you from cutting off anything. When a rape initiates, just have the sidebar swell to take up more of the screen untill you escape, then have it snap back.

This may call for a bit more coding, but it would solve the space issue.
Thats actually something I really didn't think about. It could probably also work, but I'm not really sure about the coding part either.

Eitherway I'll still just wait a bit before I'll seriously get any desision on this if someone has anything to say.

I'll just mess around otherwise a little bit in the mean time.

R

Ryka

I don't even get why you're so conflicted about this. This new style is tons better than crazy little pixels in my opinion. Your original idea is unique, but I like this new style much better.

Tiffanian

Smut Slut
Reputation score

You could also include a gallery after beating levels where the action could be more zoomed in.

Headwolf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Whoo, was wondering where these got moved to. I like the new sprite design and control tweaks, which feels much smoother. I do have two small critiques, though: The fact that the ghosts will chase you across the map, and the knock back is way too much.

I'd say stick with the sidebar Idea, but I wouldn't mind larger graphics.

R

Ryka

I suppose the sidebar idea will work WITH the improved graphics.... But wouldn't the action be tons more visible with the larger sprites?

OP
Cactuses

Cactuses

Reputation score

The point of the larger graphics was to make the action way more visible in game so you wouldn't need to change focus to the side bar.

When it comes to the gallery idea, I might consider some sort of gallery for beating the game, or getting beaten, but I'm not too sure how it could work, nor would those gallery images be animated. Will have to see about what to do with that.

Eitherway, After some more discussion with a few critic friends of mine, I've decided I'm gona stick with the larger graphics.

So this means I'll now get my arse off to start converting thise graphics now.

I'll keep you guys updated on the progress and poke Obe when I get enough material made =P

R

Ryka

Re: Operation TR (game in the making) - Work work.

I want her milk.

On the constructive side, I always loved how you can shade your sprites. That and your animation is more fluent than I thought you could pull off. This is definitely the better style.

Edit: It's fluent you negative repping asshole.

Last edited:

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, when will the rape scenes be programmed in?

R

Ryka

Forever. MoT just made a few sprites as it is. He has to make motions and enemies. Maybe some scenes are already being drawn.

Keep track of progress before asking questions to avoid looking like you don't care.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I do care, but I was just wondering. I've been following this game since it came out and I really like the concepts for it and I am looking forward to future updates~.

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

On the records, I am looking forward to the new sprites, and possibly rebuilding the game somewhat to account for them, I'll be all over it as soon as I get the art :)

-Oberon

R

Ryka

Honestly, I am sick and tired of negative rep from Joe Schmos who find small errors in some of my posts and call me out on it from the comfortable confines of the reputation system.

Seriously. It is cowardly to do this instead of simply PM'ing me and asking me what a certain typo was intended to be.

I am so damn sorry for ruining your life by making a simple misaligned keystroke. You may beat me now.

DarkR34p3r

Lurker
Reputation score

My word, well, since you asked for it I will commence with the stoning. /endsarcasm

Looks quite good I must say, I've never had any good luck with creating sprites myself, haha.