OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Orchrios

"Voices, voices, voices voicesvoicesvoicesvoicesvoicesvoices!" The odd man began ranting...

...As the shifting shadows resolve into demonic forms. "Maybe now you'll hear the voices!"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"What in the name of all the gods..." Bell says quietly, her rage replaced by confusion and fear. She backs back towards Jack, watching the forms resolve and come alive, until she stands beside him again. She glances over at Jack to see what he thinks of this, asking quietly. "What do we do?"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I have no idea, but I think we're in over our heads."

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

One of the shadowy monsters did something, and a blinding blast of energy, followed by a loud roar, erupted from the ground between Bell and Jack, throwing them both backward, merely seconds before they hit the ground, they'd have a chance of seeing a black clad figure standing near the doorway they'd used. Then they both blacked out.

Unseen by them, the figure reached up, and placed its hand on what appeared to be an old Sheriff's Badge, from Earth's "Wild West" era. Immediately, the figures eyes glowed bright blue, and he grunted slightly, as a that began viciously attacking the shadowy demons. The white-clad figure seemed to panic and vanished.

Meanwhile, Bell and Jack would find themselves in what appeared to be a temple-like structure, facing a strange golden butterfly that suddenly fades into an .

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Bell looks over to Jack for a moment. "I told you we should have talked to the old man before chasing after that guy." She says in a matter-of-fact tone, before turning back to the man with the strange mask.

"Uh, hi. You wouldn't happen to know where we are, would you?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yes. I do. You are in a realm that exists between consciousness and death. I invited you here. I am Philemon."

Last edited:

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jack blinked. "Um, ok? Thanks I guess. Not really sure how to take being invited to a place that's supposed to be some medium between life and death, please forgive me. Why?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I have something that I wish to ask you...As well as giving you a gift, of sorts. After you awaken from this, you will be able to use your Personae. I am involved in an experiment with another like myself, to see if enlightenment or destruction is the outcome of gathering knowledge. However, we were not to directly interfere. He has chosen to ignore that, though I myself am still bound by those rules. Hence, my gift."

((I've seen the plural for Persona as both Personas and Personae. Also, I'll edit in Philemon introducing himself, since I forgot to...))

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I'm sorry, a what?"

Jack was somewhat uncertain here, though his gut was telling him this person was telling them the truth, and that unsettled him.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Your powers are hidden deep within your heart. Like a god or devil, it is 'another self'. Like a god, filled with love. Like a demon, merciless. People go through life with many faces. Your current appearance is just another face, and so is your Persona. One of many."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Okay, that's not much of an explanation." Bell speaks up. "And isn't this 'gift' of yours interfering as well? And come to think of it, why are you too playing around with people's lives like this? While we're on that subject, just what are you two, exactly?" She says, starting to look angry.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"In an indirect way, yes, it is interference. However, we were not allowed to directly interfere. My counterpart has taken on the form of a Persona, and has driven several people, over the course of many centuries, completely insane. This is why I have chosen to empower those who he takes an interest in with the ability to defend themselves...

As for what we are...In essence, the two of us are two sides of the same coin. That coin is the collective unconscious mind. We are just guides of sorts. It is people themselves who ultimately determine the outcome of events. Aside from those rare times like this, I merely observe, never interact.

If you want a better explanation of Personae...Either seek out the Wild Card and his Guardian, or find my servant in his dwelling. He has just been informed of this meeting, and will welcome you. It pains me to say this, since I am in many ways the source of them, but he is more knowledgeable of Personae than I...Or perhaps, it is more he has a better grasp of the words to use."

The man paused...Then changed back into the butterfly. "My time to speak with you is almost up...But a warning, before I go. Rumors may become reality, especially for those with the gift."

With that, the butterfly vanished in a flash, and the 'temple' faded out...Replaced by a view of the room Bell and Jack had been in prior to the blast. Both had been knocked down, but were effectively unharmed. Over where the white-clad man had been taunting them from stood a man dressed in all black in a fashion resembling a gunslinger, complete with a red bandana/mask, and a hat. He was facing mostly away from the pair, but would turn his head slightly to face them if they shifted.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Bell opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling for a moment, running through what she had just been told in her mind. Eventually she started to get up, nearly jumping out of her skin when she noticed the gunslinger-type person calmly regarding them from his perch. "Jeepers that was creepy. Hey, who are you and where'd that maniac in white go?"

Last edited:

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jack wasn't taking any chances. He threw a small throwing dagger at the gunmans arm, the same one holding the weapon, and rolled to the left and away from him at the same time.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The gunslinger didn't have a weapon out. The fact that he merely grabbed the throwing knife out of the air, rather than side-stepping it probably told them who he was. Although muffled slightly by his bandana, the voice was also known to them. "He fled. He seemed reluctant to face me."

He then turned and walked over to them, half handing, half tossing the knife back to Jack. Then he placed something in Bell's hands, saying "Maniac-boy dropped this", before heading for the doorway out. They'd notice that the 'badge' he was wearing on his coat had the butterfly pattern from Philemon's mask engraved on it.

((It's Anthony. And he gave Bell her necklace back.))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Bell looks down at the object in her hand, unsurprised but happy to find it was her necklace. She spots the insignia on his badge, and starts to piece things together.

"Whoa, hey, where you going?" She asks, getting up and following after him, stumbling a bit from dizziness at first. "You're the Wild Card, aren't you?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The figure paused...Then turned to face Bell. His 'mask' had been pulled down, and it was clearly Anthony who was speaking. "Did jester-boy say that?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"No, it was that guy." Bell says, pointing at the mask on Anthony's badge. "He also said something about his servant in their dwelling, which would make that one the old man Shiraishi, wouldn't it?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"You saw Philemon? Odd... No, Shiraishi isn't the one he meant by that... Haven't seen that place yet." Anthony's slightly broken response sounds like someone who was staying on their feet through sheer force of will alone. He'd started to waver slightly, before reaching a hand out to grab the door frame he was next to. "Haven't seen the Room yet."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"You okay?" Bell asks, concerned. "You look kinda dizzy, you better sit down."
She leads him towards a set of stairs, presumably that lead to the lighting walkways up above. She gives what support she could as they walk the maybe six feet, and sits him down. "Now, what's this about a Room?"

Status
Not open for further replies.