What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Paladox] The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss (Version 0.745)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B10P (Updated February 17th, 2014)

I'm going to try and make the next two bosses I make be the ones that have the last two story items needed to continue the storyline. I'm anxious to get to that point so I'm sure you guys/gals are too.

I feel like I didn't really do as good a job on some of the later bosses as I did with the first one, the fire wizard. If you feel like any of the boss fights are lame, too long, disappointing, etc.. then please let me know and I'll make notes of which ones to tweak/refine in the future.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B10P (Updated February 17th, 2014)

I'm going to try and make the next two bosses I make be the ones that have the last two story items needed to continue the storyline. I'm anxious to get to that point so I'm sure you guys/gals are too.

I feel like I didn't really do as good a job on some of the later bosses as I did with the first one, the fire wizard. If you feel like any of the boss fights are lame, too long, disappointing, etc.. then please let me know and I'll make notes of which ones to tweak/refine in the future.
add a food seller XD XD XD

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B10P3 (Updated February 26th, 2014)

Okaaaaaay. >.>

xD

I sorta added it. I don't want to make it too easy. :D
The merchant now sells mystery bags. You have at least a 10% chance of getting 1 to 3 apples. There's also a few unique items, like Annis' gambling.

Also, it's more item oriented than Annis. It's always random what you get, and it's random what you have to pay, and you don't know what you have to pay until after you buy it. And if you can't afford it then you don't get another chance at that same bag (well you can, sorta, if you hit that 10% chance again).

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B10P3 (Updated February 26th, 2014)

Good news! I remembered my Mega password when I woke up this morning.

Link in OP has been replaced.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Good news! I remembered my Mega password when I woke up this morning.

Link in OP has been replaced.
ugg i keep getting a busy signal when i use mega now for some reason Oo

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you know of another upload service then I could put up another link.

Ferree

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hmmm something weird has happened with my game, i saved my game and now every time i take one step it says my health is depleted, but i do have full health already. Is this a bug or is this meant to happen. I have to start again now because i cant move without just dropping dead XD

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is it possible that you're confusing character life and health?
They are treated as two different things.

Life is just your character's hit points, or endurance, or basically how much damage she can take in a fight before she collapses.

Health is actually more important. You can see your health from the Informatory menu, then selecting Statistics.

It's very possible that you've slept with a LOT of untreated wounds. This would cause your health to rapidly decrease. When it's below 0 you will die in about 6 seconds or less.

If you have some tonics then maybe you could quickly use those?

I used to have a tutorial in the game but I removed it in favor of attempting to teach the player things they need know only when they need to know it... but I never got around to it. >.>
Most of the old tutorial information is in the Informatory / Help menu.

Sorry if you have to restart. Best of luck to you!

Ferree

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ahhhh damn i knew i must of been doing something wrong. Oh well i dont mind starting again because i actually really enjoy this game.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you know of another upload service then I could put up another link.
4share i usually use o.o i got an account with them to host my game folders

ooooooooooooooh *wiggles arms* i forgot to mention this script for you!!!*

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks. That could certainly save me some time. I might use it on another project instead of this game though.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks. That could certainly save me some time. I might use it on another project instead of this game though.
oooh your so welcome : D and you can always use paralla mapping with the XP tile sets : O that be beyond epic : D

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B10P4 (Updated March 3rd, 2014)

10P4 is now up. :)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well I've been working on this and I edit the OP here almost every time I work on something. It's subtle but for what it's worth it's there.

And I couldn't think of a reply to your previous post at the time. But.. it seems like larger sprites don't really need a script to be used. I've used several in FSA and it's never been a problem. There are instances where I need to put certain symbols (like $ or ! or even both) before it will readjust to accept that particular size. I think I've even used a large sprite or two from XP.

lol.. I've been listening to some horror music I purchased on Steam when they had some RPG Maker stuff on sale a few days ago. I actually had to stop the music a couple times to make sure the odd sounds weren't coming from inside my room. xD

Right now I'm working on fixing the red & blue plants up that are in The Garden. After the next update you'll have to find both the seeds. The plants will grow instantly and then you'll get rewards from feeding them.
Each plant will take a different liquid.

Edit: Almost got one fixed up properly.

Last edited:

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How am I supposed to beat the bat boss I was able to turn on all three fans after 20 tries then immediately died? Maby you should turn down the difficulty?

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well I've been working on this and I edit the OP here almost every time I work on something. It's subtle but for what it's worth it's there.

And I couldn't think of a reply to your previous post at the time. But.. it seems like larger sprites don't really need a script to be used. I've used several in FSA and it's never been a problem. There are instances where I need to put certain symbols (like $ or ! or even both) before it will readjust to accept that particular size. I think I've even used a large sprite or two from XP.

lol.. I've been listening to some horror music I purchased on Steam when they had some RPG Maker stuff on sale a few days ago. I actually had to stop the music a couple times to make sure the odd sounds weren't coming from inside my room. xD

Right now I'm working on fixing the red & blue plants up that are in The Garden. After the next update you'll have to find both the seeds. The plants will grow instantly and then you'll get rewards from feeding them.
Each plant will take a different liquid.

Edit: Almost got one fixed up properly.
*giggles* XD XD XD thats really neat idea for the plants :)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For the bat boss I'd suggest the top left fan and middle fans first.
After you do these it would be a good idea to really watch his pattern.
Also don't forget to hold the shift key while moving to go faster (I should add that on the title screen).

Here's some images and a short guide to finishing up.

See 1st attachment image for the first part.

They key to actually finishing up and doing the last fan is to carefully watch him at the top.
Wait in front of the top right angel statue :)D1) until he gets to the top right corner :)mad:1),
then quickly go up the path left of the statue :)D2) and get the fan going :)D3).

See 2nd attachment image for the rest.

You won't have much time now, so quickly go to the corridor you just went up:)D4).
You'll see the sonic blast shoot across the 2nd row or top row:)mad:4) if you were a little slow with the fan.

After it passes quickly go down in front of the statue again :)D5).
Once his sonic blast goes by :)mad:5) and he reaches the top right corner you'll need to
quickly go up that corridor :)D6) again just like before, going to the fan again :)D7).
You're pretty much safe but you will need to wait just a moment until the sonic blasts shoot up the last two right columns.
After you see those you should go wait at the side a moment :)D8). It's over.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B10P5 (Updated March 7th, 2014)

Updated to 10P5. Mostly fixes to various glitches, errors, and game stoppers. Please see the 10P5 section in the OP for more details of the changes/additions/fixes that have taken place.

Sorry the links were broken for a moment there.

Last edited:

Chaos Marine

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B10P5 (Updated March 7th, 2014)

I'm getting this strange bug, no idea if others are getting it but for some reason, the down button seems to locked and because of this, I can't move up nor can I actually click down.

Never mind, pressing the numpad keys seemed to have fixed it. Somehow.

Last edited: