What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Paladox] The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss (Version 0.745)

LadyAlisa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Tower 1.0 (Updated Feb 11th, 2016)

I want a save after the introduction too hard this game :(

Last edited:

Dyhart

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Tower 1.0 (Updated Feb 11th, 2016)

I want a save after the introduction too hard this game :(
It's doable but kinda an annoyance at this point. Fuck that spider!

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

In the main Tower level there's a save to the left (the notepad on the table, just above the 4 wells). The guard standing nearby will give you ink to save with, and will keep giving you ink as long as you don't have any. Any time you want to save I suggest getting the ink, saving, and then getting the ink again. Don't forget to grab the ink again after a reload.

LadyAlisa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I not endure to make the baby rescue part you can give a save? :(

willaj

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i like the new up date but i have some ? how do you get the caller off and can you beat the dragon fly thing with it on i have been playing for 4 hour now i need a little help

and sorry for the spelling

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I not endure to make the baby rescue part you can give a save? :(
There's a switch on each Tower level that you can pull to light up that level and it will open up the gates on that level, which will be like a shortcut if you have to go through again.

Before you go in the boss room on the last floor I would suggest getting caught (and kicked out) on purpose. Then you can save, grab some ink, and then re-save in the boss room when you get back there.

If the boss is what's giving you a problem, don't forget that you can hold down the shift key to run. This is absolutely necessary for some boss fights.

i like the new up date but i have some ? how do you get the caller off and can you beat the dragon fly thing with it on i have been playing for 4 hour now i need a little help

and sorry for the spelling
Hint: As long as Dillon is with you, you can't remove the collar.
Solution:
Lenny can take it off after Dillon is gone and your fifth child has been taken.

Hint: You can beat the dragonfly as long as you have Dillon with you, or you have removed the collar.
Hint 2:
Dillon may seem useless in that fight, but he has a couple uses.
Hint 3:
The trick is to ignore the Dragonfly.
Solution:
Throw everything you've got at the stalactite. Magic attacks will always hit it, but basic attacks only hit the stalactite 25% of the time. You'll have to keep trying.
It's nearly impossible to kill the dragonfly directly as it has 10,000 life plus it can potentially heal 6,000.

Last edited:

willaj

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ok thx:D

LadyAlisa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

always getting caught too hard :(

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

always getting caught too hard :(
Admittedly I did not try the three tower levels during my test run. I just now tried it out and the last level is a bit tricky. Plus the switch for that level doesn't seem to work. I'll have to fix that. Oops. >.>'

I'll see about including an optional path that will disable all the patrolling hoverbot things. It might be a while before I can get another update out though.

I'm not sure if it will help but here are a few more hints:

1: You can kill the pigs on those levels. They don't come back and you can often use their spots to hide in. Hallways and doors are very useful to wait in.
2: Watch the robots carefully. Each one has a path that it repeats. You just have to time your movements carefully to get around them.
3: Some robots move in a rapid circular path. You can rest safely in the middle of that circle.

Edit: I'm having some difficulty deciding on the best solution.
What are your opinions on these?
A: Have all the robots on that level shut down once the switch is pulled.
B: You're only sent back to the beginning of the level you're on, instead of being thrown out completely.
C: Add an option where you can bribe someone to pull the switch (but lose the upgrade orb).

I could implement all three. Implementing B would be tedious. A would require a sprite edit (deactivated robot). C wouldn't be too much trouble.

Edit 2: The epilogue at the end of The Tower seems a little long and wordy. I'm thinking about reducing it by about 3 pages.
The mention of the garden doesn't seem important, and the same thing goes for the classroom. Those can both be evident after the chapter's epilogue.
(You start in the classroom and a quest can be given regarding the garden).
Also the "we can't live like this, I have to do something" page just doesn't sit well with me.
So... yeah, I'll probably remove those three pages and reword that one. Opinions?

Edit 3: I've started working on the children and garden stuff. Lots of updating to do. xP
I also did a little brainstorming and re-imagined the end-game. It should be more interesting (now) than the one I previously had in mind.
Of course nothing was implemented so.. probably not important to anyone that might be reading this.

I'll probably be changing the children a lot. They won't need feeding anymore, so I'll probably try to have several conversations you can have with each child.
When they're older I'll probably have random events where they talk to each other, interact, etc..
I'll have to carefully balance everything such that you'll likely have encountered all the previous events by the time you finish the quest that progresses the
time forward again.

Last edited:

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

I have started playing the game again, but after playing a while (just after the spider boss scene) the knight (Dillion?) disappeared from my party. His avatar still shows up if I talk to other characters in the prison, but the MC is no longer getting fed and is constantly running low on hydration. Is this supposed to happen?

edit: after playing for a bit more the game got stuck on a check up scene. The previous check up scene was a sex scene between a knight who wanted to become a farmer. During this scene the MC was brought to the doctor but nothing happened afterwards.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I have started playing the game again, but after playing a while (just after the spider boss scene) the knight (Dillion?) disappeared from my party. His avatar still shows up if I talk to other characters in the prison, but the MC is no longer getting fed and is constantly running low on hydration. Is this supposed to happen?

edit: after playing for a bit more the game got stuck on a check up scene. The previous check up scene was a sex scene between a knight who wanted to become a farmer. During this scene the MC was brought to the doctor but nothing happened afterwards.
Dillon shouldn't leave you except briefly at night, just after the doctor visits. He does leave your party later on, but that's a long way off from where you're at right now.

(A few moments later..): I looked through the events and I think I found the problem. I'm not sure why but I had the chamber visits (where Sienna gets raped) removing Dillon from the party.. which isn't necessary. I've moved that bit to where it should be, the 15th day or so.

I'll try to fix a few more issues and get a patch out soon. At least now I know why everyone was saying the game was too hard..

I'm not sure why Dillon wasn't disappearing in my playthrough. It might be where I had changed his stats a bit and the game no longer recognized him as Dillon. He did disappear properly when he was supposed to though... eh.. confusing. xP

I should probably run through the game as quickly as possible to check things out after I update some things.

Sorry everyone about Dillon disappearing. :(

blooddrunk64

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have a question, how do you birth fairies?

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Glad to see update after this while. I almost forgot about the game. Quick questions:

Will future bugfixes require restart of save?

Also are some bosses still nervewrecking as before? Example that charging skeleton thing with the 12 fire .

Also does the bribe with sex option still exist?

Suggestion: would it be possible to add a way to craft bulks of antidotes and potions quickly? Instead of going trough the process of crating it one by one?

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I have a question, how do you birth fairies?
It will happen automatically as the story progresses. Later on you'll be able to give birth to sprites. I plant to have it pretty much happen "on the go".

Glad to see update after this while. I almost forgot about the game. Quick questions:

Will future bugfixes require restart of save?
I'll make a note to consider the day and Dillon's presence. I will try to place an event, character, etc.. for those that are missing Dillon from their party. I'll probably then remove this event from future updates since it won't be necessary.

Other than that, there shouldn't be anything that would require a restart. Once I get the game working better I will probably also include game saves for various points.

Also are some bosses still nervewrecking as before? Example that charging skeleton thing with the 12 fire .
The new bosses shouldn't be as difficult as that. Plus, there is also a retry option for some of them. The boss you mentioned will have some changes, with an easier alternative for players who don't want to go through such an ordeal.

Also does the bribe with sex option still exist?
It's still there, but the game temporarily ends after The Tower, so there's no opportunity to get the trait required to use that skill just yet.

Suggestion: would it be possible to add a way to craft bulks of antidotes and potions quickly? Instead of going trough the process of crating it one by one?
Currently potion making is tedious and not very fun. I will probably change potion making into a mini-game (like the jobs you can currently do in The Tower). It might not be easier but it should certainly be more interesting/fun.

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It will happen automatically as the story progresses. Later on you'll be able to give birth to sprites. I plant to have it pretty much happen "on the go".

I'll make a note to consider the day and Dillon's presence. I will try to place an event, character, etc.. for those that are missing Dillon from their party. I'll probably then remove this event from future updates since it won't be necessary.

Other than that, there shouldn't be anything that would require a restart. Once I get the game working better I will probably also include game saves for various points.

The new bosses shouldn't be as difficult as that. Plus, there is also a retry option for some of them. The boss you mentioned will have some changes, with an easier alternative for players who don't want to go through such an ordeal.

It's still there, but the game temporarily ends after The Tower, so there's no opportunity to get the trait required to use that skill just yet.

Currently potion making is tedious and not very fun. I will probably change potion making into a mini-game (like the jobs you can currently do in The Tower). It might not be easier but it should certainly be more interesting/fun.
When you ment try to place a character/event you ment some sort of NPC that forces x event/party member event into your save or something? I have seen something similiar before, mainly in Violated Heroine,if something bugs or breaks.

What exactly is the tower? Is it the location before the abyss? How long it takes to get out of there? Ive been wandering for hours, i have defeated some sort of black wyvern thing that charged at me, but other locations seem to require hatched/pickaxe. After i got
flower raped
Dillon dissapeared as the person few posts behind reported, and making the new area harder than Dark Souls. Is it possible to continue the game without Dillon? Or he is requried to defeat some of the bosses.

Could you PM me the locaiton of the 4 caves in the tutorial? So far i found only 1 i tried looking for cracks in walls, went into trees couldnt find the other 3.

Last edited:

blooddrunk64

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I lost to the spider and end up without my pickaxe and hatchet. Dillion disappear from my party after a couple day in the dungeon (he is at the table). Any tip on how to progress after this point? I just got to the stage that has a giant magic log at the door and have to avoid the black oozes

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

When you ment try to place a character/event you ment some sort of NPC that forces x event/party member event into your save or something? I have seen something similiar before, mainly in Violated Heroine,if something bugs or breaks.
Yes, something like that. I'll be placing the event near the save in The Tower. It will automatically activate and then deactivate itself. I'll also use it to add some new items that I'm adding to earlier parts of the game.

What exactly is the tower? Is it the location before the abyss? How long it takes to get out of there? Ive been wandering for hours, i have defeated some sort of black wyvern thing that charged at me, but other locations seem to require hatched/pickaxe. After i got
flower raped
Dillon dissapeared as the person few posts behind reported, and making the new area harder than Dark Souls. Is it possible to continue the game without Dillon? Or he is requried to defeat some of the bosses.
The Tower is the place where you wake up in the prison cell, right after your first encounter with Jennifer, so yes it's the location just before The Abyss. It will take about 17+ days before you can leave The Tower.

Dillon is not required to defeat any of the bosses, but you'd have to wait the full 17 days (I think) before a certain NPC can remove your collar. Without the collar, Sienna could possibly defeat a certain boss but I haven't tried it without Dillon. It shouldn't be any more difficult without him though, especially with her magic restored. Most of the bosses are "action sequence" based though, so having Dillon for those is kinda moot.

Not having Dillon also means missing out on gaining relationship points with him when you eat together. It's not important to the overall story, but it changes his story arc if you make friends with him.

Could you PM me the locaiton of the 4 caves in the tutorial? So far i found only 1 i tried looking for cracks in walls, went into trees couldnt find the other 3.
I should probably write a tutorial. I don't mind posting the locations here. The items you find won't be useful just yet, but will be used in life/mana upgrades later on.

Here's the locations. I'll just spoiler tag it:
All 4 caves are in the same area.

Cave 1: Go East of Sienna's house until you see the stump and dead leaves near it. The cave is 4 spaces east of that stump, just behind the middle tree.

Cave 2: Head all the way South of Cave 1, going around any obstacles of course. You should see a small dead plant. Stand on it and go down once, then left.

Cave 3: There's a small stream to the left of Sienna's house. There's a bush near the stream. Go stand behind the bush, then step just once to the left.

Cave 4: There's a bridge crossing the stream. Look South of the stream and you'll see another bush. Go next to the bush, facing south. See the grassy patch to the right, two spaces from the bush? Go there, then go South once.

So I lost to the spider and end up without my pickaxe and hatchet. Dillion disappear from my party after a couple day in the dungeon (he is at the table). Any tip on how to progress after this point? I just got to the stage that has a giant magic log at the door and have to avoid the black oozes
Sorry about that. Dillon leaving is a bug. I'll have a patch for that soon.
You can't get past the log yet. If you've found the two stained glass shards (one on each level that you can actually get to), and defeated the boss on level 2 then there's no need to return to that
section of the caves yet.

There's another section of caves at the top NE section of The Tower. You can find another piece of stained glass there. This cave has important plot points but you won't be able to progress here until
after day 18, when your collar can be removed.

While you're waiting for the days to pass there are a few jobs you can do. (you have to perform each action about 6 times to get an item)
The lab area, behind the curtains, will allow you to work for antidotes.
The kitchen area will allow you to work for food. You can also use the bottles on his shelf to store fairy milk.
The blacksmith will allow you to work for random pieces of armor and a sword. These can be equipped on Dillon to improve him a bit. Extras can be sold (sorry, didn't add a shop/seller in The Tower yet).
Outside of The Tower, just above the bathing area, there's a collapsed cave with a shovel nearby. You can dig for random items here.
Keep digging to find a hidden dungeon.

Last edited:

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

So its possible to defeat everything without Dillon? Is making friends with him that important?

Is it possible to avoid the dissaperance? Really want to play the game but without Dilon (not like he was any help either, he still deals same damage as my spells, wouldve been nice if he had some sort of aoe, considering the amount of slimes can spawn) i cannot continue.

For once i am glad i made a save right before the spider boss. Kinda have to go trough all the tower again.

Also how long it takes to dig up that pile of sand which the character says it would take years (it wont take a year worth of ingame days right?)

Also in the walkthrough i saw on the main post, there is some sort of easter egg (?) where if you kill all 50 enemies in the tutorial you get 3 different chests when you reach the abyss. Is that still in the game?

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So its possible to defeat everything without Dillon? Is making friends with him that important?
Yes, and not really.
If you make friends with him you eventually have the option to invite him for sex at night, for a few nights, and he doesn't willingly force himself on you on day 15.

Is it possible to avoid the dissaperance? Really want to play the game but without Dilon (not like he was any help either, he still deals same damage as my spells, wouldve been nice if he had some sort of aoe, considering the amount of slimes can spawn) i cannot continue.

For once i am glad i made a save right before the spider boss. Kinda have to go trough all the tower again.
You can play without him, but you can't do any fighting without him. You would basically end up passing through a lot of time (doing the jobs helps pass the time because each action takes up 10 game minutes) until your collar can be removed (on day 18). At that point you could do anything you want and the days will no longer matter.. only problem is the severe lack of food and water.

Also how long it takes to dig up that pile of sand which the character says it would take years (it wont take a year worth of ingame days right?)
You have to dig 120 times, so if you spend about 2 days of doing nothing but
constant digging then you get through it pretty fast. It's tedious work if you do it all at once though. Plus, once you get through.. it's actually a more difficult area than the caves with the dark oozes and scorpions.

Also in the walkthrough i saw on the main post, there is some sort of easter egg (?) where if you kill all 50 enemies in the tutorial you get 3 different chests when you reach the abyss. Is that still in the game?
It is currently, though it's in The Abyss so you can't get to it yet. I might change it. I don't really want to force players to fight all those monsters so I might just add a small mini-dungeon or such where you can get the Troll's Ring. Similar to the one you have to dig out in The Tower, but maybe not as long...

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

How do you get to the abyss now? Finish the tower story and then move to abyss? And then the game continues like before? Can you return to the tower?

What happens when the character lacks food and water? I never actually got to low amounts of water/food in the previous wersions since i always used the cheat med kit that was in the room.

Looking forward to the bugfix patch in the near futre. I am glad I kept a save file before entering the tower (could help with script changes)

Edit: I went back to find the caves and i saw a big slime in one of them the thing just ran off. Did i miss my chance to catch him?

Last edited: