What's new

Pathfinder OOC Thread

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Pathfinder OOC Thread

Well, for the whitecloaks, I won't be around Saturday night. Plans were made and I'm not missing out on movie night. Not when we're marathoning 80's fantasy movie classics.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Does that include Willow?

/me does not remember when that came out

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Willow is one of the ones we're slating to watch. We're calling it "80's fantasy night" but it's mostly just "fantasy movies from when we were kids." Current line up is: Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, Willow, Last Unicorn, and Legend with the possibility of Princess Bride and then, on an utterly random note, Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog. Maybe.

In the meantime, I need to shop for either better armor or some protective magical items. I'll do it when I'm not so sleepy, heh.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So, whitecloaks friday again and blackcloaks saturday? Does that not work for anyone?

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

I can be on at around 5pm Saturday. Can we please start to play then?

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If it's 5pm your time, I may have to leave between 8pm and 9pm, due to family stuff. I can ask for the reschedule on my part, but may be difficult.

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Can we make that an intermission of some sort?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I suppose. Depends on where we're at at the time.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Been lazy and haven't looked into that new armor or protective stuffs. May just take the easy way out and buy a RoP or something. I'll look tonight. Also, provided I don't have a friend over for killing things and I haven't passed out due to lack of sleep, should be able to make it tonight.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Wait shit. I was supposed to do that before today, wasn't I.

Uhhh okay. I guess operation SET ALL THE LAMP OIL ON FIRE is a go then. (actually that's a terrible idea and we shall not do that)

I am not good at tactics. I'm thinking some some caltrops, protection from fire, and some Grease.

Potions of Blur/Displacement, Haste, Heroism, and Protection from Fire; scrolls of Cloudkill, Acidic Fog, maybe Grease? Would that help, or do you think they'll make whatever saves that thing wants oh god I have no idea how anything works ever. Caltrops?

We should probably get some form of ability that let's us fuck off outta there, for when we eventually accidentally a everything. We should plan for Keats only being able to take... one, I guess, in case she gets nailed by that one thing again, or she gets separated from the rest.

Invisibility and some kinda etherealyness to yakkety sax past those guards and get at their creamy wizard center - bad idea or good idea? This is assuming they'll engage us the same way, though, which probably won't happen.

Going ethereal to go around the rapetrap? Bringing like 12 10-ft poles to poke it from way down the hall?

Potionssss

(EDIT: Passwall! Herp.

3 Potions of 'RoidsImean Bull's Strength (900 gp) (duration aaaa)
The spell grants a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength, adding the usual benefits to melee attack rolls, melee damage rolls, and other uses of the Strength modifier.
2 Potions of Displacement (1500 gp)
1 Potions of Greater Magic Fang (+1, 750 gp)
2 Potions of Greater Magic Fang (+2, 1100 gp)
1 Potion Resist Fire 20 (700 gp)
Fire Resistance 20, for 70 minutes? 20 minutes?
1 Potion Resist Fire 10 (300 gp)
-- Fire Resistance 10, for 20 minutes
1 Potion Protection from Fire 10 (300 gp)
-- Fire Immunity, absorbs 10 damage before dispel (counts before Fire Resistance) (duration )
OKAY WITH THE ADVENT OF MORE TIME I AM GOING TO JUST LEAVE THIS HERE UNFINISHED LIKE A LAZY SHIT

I totally suggest some Feeblemind and Passwall shit.)

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You've got another week to figure it out. I'm not feeling well, so I'm afraid that I have to cancel this week's Whitecloak game. We can try to reschedule for some time during the week since I'm on spring break. Just not Wednesday.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Not Wednesday is good for me, too, since that's my zombie-kill night. And unfortunately, playing during the week is going to be iffy for me. I have to be up at 830 EST Monday thru Thurs, so I can't get a lot of time in. Not to mention I'm afk Mon, Wed, and Thurs anyway.

Getting past guards is always a good thing. Spellwise, I can also Banish, Silence, Blade Barrier can be a good thing now and again, I can swing a few resistance spells and can look into other protections. Can't exactly do it a lot, but I'll take what I can get.

Since I am also very squishy, apparently, was going to dump into some magical protections. Discussed things with Shrike and she/Isi is going to spot me the difference to look into a Ring of Protection +5 (I only have one magical ring currently, if Pathfinder still goes by 'one on each hand' rules) and +5 Amulet of Natural Armor. It'll be a total of 100K and apparently, it's good to have a thief as a friend *laughs* Then again, you talk to your god for them, and well...

I'll still have a bit of money left over, myself, to help chip in for magical items to get us through to the chewy center of the greycloaks. Then I'll be broke.

Also, after reading it a couple of times, I vote group name change from "whitecloaks" to "white hats." Same connotation, but, well, just rolls off the tongue easier *laughs*

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You've got another week to figure it out. I'm not feeling well, so I'm afraid that I have to cancel this week's Whitecloak game. We can try to reschedule for some time during the week since I'm on spring break. Just not Wednesday.
Sick with... Mass Effect addiction? :D

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I've barely had time to play it. Sick with recovering from downing about half a liter of tequila plus assorted other drinks is closer to the truth.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I can vouch for him, he hasn't been on Live all day. XD

EDIT: Also, i can't manage that much scratch again, but I do still have enough to help out with other purchases, as well as grabbing a few gifts for everyone. drop me a line whenever you can manage, and I'll fill you in on what she has for you individually.

Last edited:

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oi, taken, where were you last night? We had to run without you.

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

I'm sorry. I'm so used to not playing that it's become a habit...

I honestly completely forgot, even so far as to going out and buying booze and pizza for myself out of boredom.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm sorry. I'm so used to not playing that it's become a habit...

I honestly completely forgot, even so far as to going out and buying booze and pizza for myself out of boredom.
Eh, we just had Zagreeth go off to masturbate for awhile :X