Peiquok Town Hall

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Peiquok Town Hall

Jen
The medic lets Jen be for a few moments, so that the young woman can curl up in peace. One of the other conscious patients was keeping an eye on her, however; an older man that Jen might recognize as being a library patron. "You're that young lass from the library, aren't you?" he asks, voice rough. Jen can see that his eyes are bloodshot, and he's shakier than usual.

Cat
Griffen raises his brows apparently dubiously impressed. "Do you go around beating many people?" he asks, mildly amused as Moxie grows excited by Cat's exuberant explanation. He leaves his agreement that she won't be much fight against soldiers trained with guns unsaid.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Y-yes. They didn't let me bring any books, though. Jen starts shakily, but manages to finish slightly more calmly since she is talking about books.

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

Morgan nods to Melissa and Rosie, "It's good to know there'd be someplace to go if things get bad. I think we're safe enough right here for now though. I mean... these military guys are better armed and better trained than we are, right? I get kind of a weird feeling from all of this too, but I guess tha can happen when you're in a big group of nervous people... Right?"

"I'm Morgan, by the way," she grins, realizing that she hadn't introduced herself to Melissa yet.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"If they deserve it", Cat replies with a wink - before bursting out in a laugh. "Fuck, that makes me sound like some vigilante comic book hero. All I need is a skull shirt and some tight pants." Thinking about it, she does have those in her closet back home. . .

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Watching him and listening to Buster's replies made Cara both more and less nervous. More, because he seemed so... carefree. Naive, maybe, but so laid back about what was going on. Didn't he understand that they were all up shit creek, here, very likely?

Then again, she wasn't sure how he put her at ease. "So where are you from?" she finally asked, wanting to move to a less uneasy topic. "I'm from all over... mostly Toronto the last couple of years, though the scene's gotten pretty dead..." or at least she thought so. Not that it could hold a candle to Peiquok, with it's Ghost-town-in-progress!
Buster couldn't help but return to his poor habits, bringing his fingernails back up to his mouth, but making sure not to break eye contact and seem distracted by them. Noting they were no longer discussing their situation and back to introductions, Buster tried to erase his foolish grin, or at least the best he could, to try and sound like not everything he says is a joke. "Well I was born and raised around some small towns in Pennsylvania, went to college in New Hampshire. There, a few of my friends were New Englanders and some Canadians. We dispersed and decided we'd meet up in Canada. I took off early to see the sights along the way and this happened to be one of them...."

Buster's eyes make way to his pants pocket, as if visually cluing him to the fact he still has his cell phone. "Maybe I should call him and tell him I might be late?" After saying this, Buster realized that seemed pessimistic and tried to avoid bringing up anything that seemed like they were in danger, despite the obvious evidence that they were. " .. eh I'll wait, I have plenty of time." Trying to quickly change the subject, he eyed the girl over quickly and saw and pointed towards the guitar. "You any good with that thing?"

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Cara decided that she liked the guy, even if only because Buster reminded her a little of Moxie, Cat's puppy. More nervous, though. "Couldn't hurt to call," she told him, nodding... then shrugging as he decided against it. Cara didn't even have a cell phone. Pay phones worked well enough for her, with the added benefit that nobody got in contact with her unless she wanted it.

Hefting the case, she grinned, looking a little feral in the process. "Depends on what you like. Most people hate it, but then I never got into it to try to please anyone." She chuckled and told him, "didn't you know part of Canadian sight-seeing involves getting rounded up by army-men and held against our will? You're living the experience, Buster." What an odd name... Cara was amused, wondering if it were his real name or a nickname he'd garnered along the way.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Busters brow twitched up in delighted surprise at how she described her music, even musing that "Well as long as it's your own, you'll never sell out, right?" When she made light of the situation at hand, his smile brightened. See Buster, it always works. Optimism and comedy for any event. "What, are you kidding? This is how I spend every summer." More comfortable and in the conversation, Buster dropped his fingertips from his mouth and clasped his hands together.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Me too," Cara replied, unslinging her guitar case and resting it against the wall as she leaned back against it, next to him. "A couple of years out of high school and I might even have been on their side," she jutted her chin the military's way. "My dad was in the army, I think he figured I'd take to it. I didn't, so much." She grinned. "Too many 'yessirs', and I'm too much of an ass."

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Morgan nods to Melissa and Rosie, "It's good to know there'd be someplace to go if things get bad. I think we're safe enough right here for now though. I mean... these military guys are better armed and better trained than we are, right? I get kind of a weird feeling from all of this too, but I guess tha can happen when you're in a big group of nervous people... Right?"

"I'm Morgan, by the way," she grins, realizing that she hadn't introduced herself to Melissa yet.
"Thanks for the offer," Melissa said to Rosie, "but let's see how things play out before we start getting ready for World War 3."

"Melissa," she responded to Morgan with a smile. "That's exactly why I wish we could get more information," she said. "The more the group knows about the situation, the better we'll react to whatever happens. It's not a good idea to be so secretive when you've got the military rounding people up."

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

Morgan blows out a breath through pursed lips, "Yeah... If the Canadian military types are anything like the ones back home, it's going to be a long time before they tell us anything. It's probably one of those 'need to know' type things."

"Really frustrating," she shakes her head. "You'd think if people knew things about what was going on, it would make the most sense to share them with anybody that might be able to help. I've never had a lot of patience for bureaucracy or keeping secrets, though. I guess I'm a little bit of a free spirit." She rolls her eyes a little and makes a peace sign while smiling.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"Almost a military gal eh?" Busters smile cocked to the side a bit, attempting a smirk. "Some people just naturally don't take to roles of authority, I wouldn't call you an ass for it. I mean, your music, not taking after daddy... You seem like a pretty 'go your own way' woman." He drops his smile and raises a turned fist, stating with a bit of joking bass to his voice, "Power to ya," before letting it fall back down into his other hand and giving a small chuckle.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Melissa gave a slight laugh and said, "Yeah, I've got a lot of experience with bureaucracy." Deciding to change the subject, she looked off to the side then and asked, "So you mentioned you were engaged. Where's your fiancee?" Melissa felt like she was walking a tight rope with this question. What if Morgan's fiancee was one of the people missing? Should she be asking this?

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

"Oh... he's... um... he's back at home," says Morgan, looking away from Melissa. "We kinda had a fight," she explains with a shrug. "It will all work out," she sighs, "It always does. We just both run hot sometimes and especially as we're getting closer to the big day... This trip was actually supposed to be something to take our minds off of everything. I guess it worked, at least for me."

"What about you?" she asks, "Are you just her on a vacation, too?"

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Melissa nodded, glad to have avoided a land mine with the fiancee question. She shrugs her shoulders at Morgan's question. "I've been having a rough time at work lately, felt like I needed a break," she sighed, then continued, "So I've just been riding around, enjoying the fresh air and seeing the sights." She gave a wry smile and added, "This isn't what I had in mind. Too bad this is how I get introduced to the town. Peiquok seems like it would be a nice place to visit."

Wondering what time it was, Melissa reaches into her pocket and pulls out her cellphone. With a flip, she opens it and it pleasantly surprised to see she had reception. "Well here's some good news," she said with a smile, turning the device to the two girls. "I might be able to get a call out of here." With a few taps she dials the number for her friend Beth. "Maybe there's something on the news about this place."

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Almost a military gal eh?" Busters smile cocked to the side a bit, attempting a smirk. "Some people just naturally don't take to roles of authority, I wouldn't call you an ass for it. I mean, your music, not taking after daddy... You seem like a pretty 'go your own way' woman." He drops his smile and raises a turned fist, stating with a bit of joking bass to his voice, "Power to ya," before letting it fall back down into his other hand and giving a small chuckle.
Cara laughed outright, feeling pleased despite herself. She wasn't completely at her ease, not by a longshot, but Buster had certainly busted her earlier tension! "So what do you do when you're not taking people's minds off of impending doom, or at least annoying hold-ups?"

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

"That's a good idea," says Morgan. "I wish I'd brought my phone but I was trying to dodge calls a little bit. This town would be great if things were being normal; I didn't have a chance to get my bike up to the forest but Rosie was saying it's just awesome out there. Hopefully this all will be cleared up before the weekend is over and I'll still get a chance."

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Melissa gives a grin and shakes her head before saying, "Wouldn't you know she doesn't pick up?" When the voice mail message comes on, she speaks in a friendly tone, "Hey Beth, this is Liss. Know how all the weird shit happens to me? Well, I'm stuck in a little town called Peiquok. Military quarantine of some kind. That's P, E, I, Q, U, O, K. Do me a favor and check the news, see if there's any info out there, cause we don't know anything right now. Call me back." She hits the END button and sighs, then throws her hands out in a 'oh well' gesture.

Morgan was blowing it off, but Melissa was sure the girl was worried. Holding the cell phone out, she asks, "You want to give him a call?"

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

She said to Shiva "So, why are you so shy?"
Shiva blinked at the question, and turned her head slightly to Kaci, remaining silent for some time, trying to think of a way to answer the surprising question, "I don't look... Normal..." she told Kaci, unable to find a better explanation for why she prefers to be quiet.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Shiva blinked at the question, and turned her head slightly to Kaci, remaining silent for some time, trying to think of a way to answer the surprising question, "I don't look... Normal..." she told Kaci, unable to find a better explanation for why she prefers to be quiet.
After hearing Shiva say she doesn't look 'Normal' Kaci seemed to stare at her a bit intently as if trying to find out how she didn't look 'Normal'. After about ten seconds she said "Oh," as if just realizing right now Shiva's strange white hair and devilish red eyes. Shrugging she said to Shiva, "Nothing wrong with how you look." She then said teasingly, "It shouldn't make you so shy."

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Cara laughed outright, feeling pleased despite herself. She wasn't completely at her ease, not by a longshot, but Buster had certainly busted her earlier tension! "So what do you do when you're not taking people's minds off of impending doom, or at least annoying hold-ups?"
(.. oh god haha)

Buster is able to loosen up more at her laugh, but never able to fully stop his erratic fidgeting, starts scratching and fiddling his thumbs. He turns down to his hands, fully conscious of his twitching problems. Hearing her bring up the situation again, even if it's not in a desperate frantic way, he tries to steer it a little more general and avoid more information about how he got here. "I do whatever keeps me busy. I'm not exactly rich but, I mean, I'm fresh out of college, I'm already in debt, so I figure what's a few more dollars? I just try to keep physically active and learn whatever I can. Student by heart, so to speak, whatever keeps my mind on track."

Buster leaned his back against the wall and stopped his hands from visibly freaking out. In turn, he took the weight off his left leg, and started bouncing his heel, and by extension, the rest of his leg. He turned his right leg outward though, trying to conceal it, so it didn't seem like he was impatient or in any hurry out of the conversation.