What's new

Peiquok Town Hall

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Peiquok Town Hall

Buster gave a small chuckle at the comment. "Yeah, I like 'Bohemian,' sounds a lot better than 'self-destructive and short-sighted.' I think I'll use that word from now on." Always focusing on movement, maybe out of paranoia or good reflexes, he notices her drop her height a bit and saw her toes give movement as well. I hope I'm not making her nervous. Then his eye raised back up when she continued the discussion.

"No, I actually never did. I mean, computers make learning things easy so I taught myself a lot of songs on bass, which is kinda the same thing but not really. It's not like I understand music, I just know 'to play this song, put this finger here and pluck that string.' Ya know? Just doing things out of habit without really knowing why. Nothing big." He turned his head down, trying to help further the conversation, but kicking himself for being unable to think up any questions to ask the girl. It's not bad that she was leading the conversation for now, but if she ran out of questions too, they'd hit an awkward silence, and there was nothing that disturbed Buster more than one of those.
Raising her brows at Buster's less than positive self assessment, Cara shrugged languidly and settled the case on her lap. She began to snap open the clasps holding the very well weathered case together, she listened as he explained what experience he had. She didn't seem to mind that he didn't have questions; if an awkward silence came around, it wasn't going to be the end of the world, right? (She hoped not, at least.) As he dropped into silence, navel gazing all of a sudden, Cara brought her guitar out balanced it on her thigh as she slipped the case back to her side, brought out a spare pick, and, settling the second-hand instrument (the guitar looked fairly worn, too, though the strings were kept in good shape and it had seen one or two professional repairs) in the way that felt natural to her, she strummed up a simple background tune. Awkward silence avoided!

"That's not a bad start," she agreed, the music flowing simply, maybe a little repetitively as she looped through the hand motions needed to provide it. "It keeps your hands and mind focused," she told him, grinning, and then, "once you get used to the basic tune, you can start to make variations..." the simple melody changed slightly this repetition as Cara made some obvious switches between the notes. Returning to the main tune, she continued to make more subtle, little variations here and there. "It might not keep your body top notch, but it feels good to feel something evolving out of noise, you know?" She stopped, looking him over as she rested her hand over the body and strings, silencing it. "Wanna try?"

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Buster eyes the guitar as she brings it out of the case as she stayed silent, lowering his eyebrow in a bit of fear. Oh no, please don't tell me she's gonna give me a lesson, that'd just be embarrassing. Busters mind started off on a tangent inside himself so incoherently fast, he didn't even know what he was thinking of until she struck some chords. Well she wasn't lying, she can play it.

His head turned to her as she spoke, apparently trying to ease him into playing. He shook his head a bit to himself and quickly started to drum his fingers against his knee out of a bit of nervousness, eyes returning to the guitar as she continued. When she offered the guitar over to him, his eyes shot back up and his fingers were going faster than ever. "Nah, that's ok, I shouldn't." Although welcoming of the chance to put his mind into something, he didn't want to drift too far into it, especially embarrassing himself along the way. "I'd probably just end up getting bored of making a fool of myself, ignore the B and E string and lose myself in playing songs I already know on bass instead." He tried to play it off with a smile, but he wasn't too sure exactly how convincing it was.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Kaci looked at Shiva for a moment. She was telling the truth when she said her strange appearance didn't bother her in the least. Getting the hint though she felt awkward about not realizing it sooner. Finally realizing that her appearance depressed her more then she thought she said to her a little embarrassed, "Sorry, I wasn't thinking..." She looked around to try to see if there was anything that could change the subject while she scratched back of her head nervously. Seeing food she she talked to Shiva again while standing up, "Hey you hungry? There's food over there. I'll sit next to you if you want to eat."

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Snorting, then laughing, Cara took the guitar back. "Alright, suit yourself." She strummed a bit more, decided it needed a bit of a tune, and went to that for a moment or two. "I don't think anyone would notice. Everyone here is too caught up in their own little world, I think." She nods to huddled groups of towns-people, visitors, and families. Even if some of the soldiers were glancing their way, it didn't seem that anybody was paying them much heed.

Nudging him with her elbow, the woman added, "and I don't think fools can make bigger fools out of themselves one around the other, so don't go getting your panties in a knot." If he wasn't embarrassed, than she was the queen of england; however, the man hadn't gone and told her off like that snippy bald man, so Cara wasn't feeling prone to up and walking away.

Speaking of which, she glanced Cat and Griffen's way, noting that the two seemed to be quarreling. Poor puppy was getting ignored. Ah well, Cara's first impression of the two was that they were both quarrelsome sorts. She wasn't all that surprised. Turning her gaze back to Buster, she wondered aloud, "so what wouldn't make you bored? I have a feeling we're going to be here a while, the way they set up food for us," she noted. She had a feeling that the damn army men (and women, she'd noted) were doing their very best to inconvenience them without actually appearing to. Typical.

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Hey you hungry? There's food over there. I'll sit next to you if you want to eat."
Shiva shifted in place, as if regarding her answer, but also because another strange sensation overtook her again, almost as if the headache decided it'd come back in a different form to bother her once more. She shook it off with her head, and looked at Kaci, "If you're not hungry..." she trailed off, thinking the message got through that she wasn't about to be so rude as to eat in front of Kaci while she just sits next to her.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

What did you see out there? I kept getting images of a l-l-l-l-lizard m-m-man. Jen asks, the strange sensation in her crotch distract her enough to say the sentence clearly until she had to mention the lizard man.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

As Melissa reaches for an apple, she suddenly leans forward against the table, causing it to shake. One hand comes up to her head, and the other slams the glass of water down on the table, a few drops splashing out as she steadies herself. "Whoa," she says, her head down, eyes blinking. After a moment she straightens up and says, "Guess I was hungrier than I thought." She clears her throat, then grabs a paper plate and begins to shove food onto it, popping smaller bits into her mouth as she does. "Pretty good," she mumbles to Morgan, after swallowing a bit of cheese.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

"If you're not hungry..."
Kaci looked down at Shiva. She rolled her eyes making sure Shiva couldn't see her though. She said to her, "I'm hungry, I just wanted to know if you want to come with me." Then she said teasingly, "That's why I stood up. You wanna come with me?"

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

Morgan puts her hand on Melissa's shoulder, steadying her, "Are you okay? You looked like you were going to faint for a second there." She looks a bit worried, but seeing Melissa eating reminds her of how hungry she is; she takes a plate and loads it up with some fruit and veggies. "Maybe we should at least sit down while we're having food," she says, hoping to play off her concern as no big deal, "Wouldn't want to spill all over the place."

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cat

"Hey there, whoa," says Griffen, holding up his hand. "I didn't mean anything by it. Just trying to pay you a compliment." He chuckles, "You're going to get yourself in trouble if you react like that anytime somebody says something nice." He takes a half-step back, giving her some space in case she really is going to start swinging. "I thought we were getting along pretty well."
"Saying something nice isn't the same as imagining somebody in a skintight bodysuit and telling them about it", Cat informs him with glaring eyes.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine," Melissa reassures Morgan. "Just a little dizzy. Thanks." At the mention of sitting down, Melissa turns to look for an open set of chairs, saying, "Yeah, my knees feel a little weak, I could use a..."

Melissa words trail off as her gaze is drawn to the door of one of the side rooms. It was only slightly open, and no light from the room they were in seemed to penetrate it. She stares at the door, completely still, barely breathing.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kaci looked down at Shiva. She rolled her eyes making sure Shiva couldn't see her though. She said to her, "I'm hungry, I just wanted to know if you want to come with me." Then she said teasingly, "That's why I stood up. You wanna come with me?"
Shiva felt the massive headache come back, but she felt herself getting used to it. She stood up, brushing the back of her black dress with her hands as she does so. She looks to Kaci, and gives a nod, "Okay," she whispered, ready to follow her Raven haired friend.

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine," Melissa reassures Morgan. "Just a little dizzy. Thanks." At the mention of sitting down, Melissa turns to look for an open set of chairs, saying, "Yeah, my knees feel a little weak, I could use a..."

Melissa words trail off as her gaze is drawn to the door of one of the side rooms. It was only slightly open, and no light from the room they were in seemed to penetrate it. She stares at the door, completely still, barely breathing.
Morgan follows Melissa's gaze, turning to look at the door, but she doesn't see anything odd about it. She sets down her plate and drapes one arm around Melisssa's shoulder, "C'mon, let's go sit down. You'll feel better once you have something to eat and drink." Carefully she tries to guide the other woman over to an unoccupied chair.

"Take a deep breath for me, okay?" she requests, feeling Melissa tensing up for some reason. "Just let me know what's up and I'll help you out." She keeps watching the door, unsure if maybe Melissa had seen something that had frightened her.

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

Jen
The man gives Jen a strange look. "Lizard men?" He seems unaware of her odd state.

Cat
"Who says I was?" Griffen asks, still keeping his space, though his smile fades a little as Cat continues to glare up at him. Moxie gives a worried whine from about Cat's feet.

Morgan and Melissa
Rosie, who's fallen silent in all this time as she listens to the two women chatter, helps Morgan to support the police officer to a nearby chair. She's not smiling anymore, looking a little worried.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Melissa jumps at Morgan's touch, more of the food spilling from the plate, and she lets out a small whimper. She looks at Morgan wide eyed and shivering for a second, then back at the door. Suddenly she blinks, and looks confused. She stares at the door for a second then glances back at Morgan and nods, "Yeah." As they walk to the chairs, she glances back at the door, but not for long, her fingers gripping tightly on the plate and glass.

Melissa sits down, taking a deep breath and bringing a hand to her head, before wiping a strand of hair away from her eye and sitting up straight. "It was..." she began, then stopped and sighed, her face looking more like it had only moments ago, calm and in control. "It was nothing, just thought I saw... Nothing." She gulps and licks her lips, then proceeds to pick slowly at the food.

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

Morgan sits down next to her, still looking worried, "Melissa, what is it? What did you see?" She has totally forgotten about her own food and is shivering a little bit herself, even though she's trying to calm down the other woman. Her eyes glance around the room to see if anybody else is reacting like Melissa.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Aw sheesh, now you made me upset the puppy", Cat snaps as she reaches down and picks Moxie up. "Sssh sssh", she hushes as she scritches his head. It seems to calm her down as much as the dog. "Look, I don't like guys hitting on me, and you're not even that much of a hunk. Stay and behave or go eat a dick, I don't care either way."

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Shiva felt the massive headache come back, but she felt herself getting used to it. She stood up, brushing the back of her black dress with her hands as she does so. She looks to Kaci, and gives a nod, "Okay," she whispered, ready to follow her Raven haired friend.
Kaci quickly wrapped her arm around Shiva' shoulder as she stood up. Smiling she pulled her in closely. Walking to the table with food on it she let go of Shiva. Getting a plate she quickly put a bunch of meat on it like chicken, hamburgers, and hotdogs. She started digging in before she even sat down waiting for Shiva to get her food.

(( Nobody saw this coming.... ))

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

"I didn't see anything," Melissa says, her eyes on her plate. "It just felt like..." she paused, glancing up at the door, then at Morgan. She sighed again and dropped her eyes back to her food. "I felt like I was being watched, from the door," she said, sounding defeated. I must sound crazy.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

When I w-was out in the m-main r-room. I st-st-started to have v-visions of a m-monster than was ha-ha-ha... part l-lizard part p-person at-t-t-tacking m-me. Jen says, the fear she had tried to ward off earlier returning and causing her to have problems speaking again. Fortunately, the odd sensation that is plaguing her is starting to fade away at least.