What's new

Peltas Five Station

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Peltas Five Station

Victor shook his head, while rolling his eyes. "Right, so this guy's another Shockwave, lovely."

Ravage looked over at him. "Please, he's no where near..."

Victor interrupted him. "I was referring to the total lack of empathy."

"Oh. Yeah, he might be getting close, in that regard."

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Just gotta be careful. Ah'm not gettin' on that ship without mah pack. Knowin' our luck, you're givin' that tour an' the next thing we know, boom!" He claps his hands. "Alternate reality." He chuckles. "Seriously, though. Look forward ta seein' it."

Sho shivers a bit as they mention the shafts. "Ugh. Don't joke about something like that." Given that her powers would probably help her get out, not much to worry about...except that whole 'tight spaces' thing. "But yeah, probably best to get going. Last thing we need is a search party."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Talok stepped aside as well, and after the group had passed by he responded.

"So THAT's what he meant. OK so the ship must be named the Nasara, damn, Siphon wasn't kidding when he said he was building a monster of a ship. My understanding is he built that thing himself, and it's been undergoing some secret project even I don't know about."

There was a small pause, and he shrugged.

"I know the name Nasara. Beyond that, I know it was the name of some woman either he or Talvesh knew centuries ago, perhaps someone Talvesh's former host was close with, not really sure. All I know is that the name definitely means something to the two of them. Something meaningful."
"Built that thing himself? That seems a little unbelievable. Maybe he was in charge of it's construction." Ariana corrected with a smirk, before she shrugged. "I prefer smaller and faster myself. Doesn't really matter how big and beefy your ship gets, there's always a point where it can't just shrug off the hits being laid on it. I'd rather just avoid the incoming fire entirely."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Talok shrugged.

"What I do know is he came up with the entire schematic design on his own. As far as the size goes, depending on what the hell he was putting in that thing, it may have to be that big. I know when he started tinkering around with a gravity based weapon part of the problem was the ship wasn't large enough to absorb it, and would overload the power relays. That and if you are familiar with them, ships like the Ori had needed to be massive due to their power sources. What I do know is that the ship was designed to have a crew of close to a thousand, as well as a number of fighter craft, making it a deep space carrier as well. As far as anything else ... I'm a little in the dark I'm afraid."

This clearly didn't seem to sit well with Talok, likely meaning he was worried that Siphon was planning something stupid.

Siphon chuckled.

"No, no more alternate realities if I can help it. I get what you mean though. And here we are, the meeting room. Looks like Sivok, Victor and Ravage beat us here."

He'd greet them warmly, briefly catching up while they waited on the rest of the group, and for Julia ....

Aya just seemed to have an impish grin to her, but she nodded as they continued on towards the meeting area. Vanessa meanwhile remained silent, seeming to be pondering something.

Soon enough, they had reached the meeting room, and found they only were waiting on Julia, and perhaps two others.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Holdin' ya to that," he tells the other man with a chuckle.

Ian will greet the trio and find somewhere to park, content to listen to the others chatter while he kicks back. When the girls arrive, though, he gets to his feet. Sho will give him a nod and two-fingered salute before working her way around the table to knock Ravage lightly on the top of the head with her knuckle. "Cost me my game, troll. You owe me."

Meanwhile, Ian had moved to greet Aya and Vanessa. He's careful to keep his 'hello's' to Aya merely vocal and giving her a respectful nod of his head. Vanessa gets a shoulder nudge and a grin. "An' how's mah fave'rit girl?" Should she go to take a seat, she'll find it telekinetically pulled out for her and Ian moves over, ready to help her settle in.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I didn't do anything!" Ravage protested. After a look from Victor, and likely Sho, he muttered, "...this time."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That drew an amused chuckle from Siphon.

"This time he says. Consider it a 'don't get ideas' knock then Ravage, you'll be happier you did."

Aya meanwhile returned the hello, and the nod before taking her seat next to Siphon, the room getting just a hint warmer with the two in close proximity to each other, and the apparent resonation that went on with their cells, or however that all worked.

Vanessa meanwhile smiled at Ian, giving him a big hug before sitting down next to him. After taking a seat, she added, "So, no one knows why this sudden meeting?"

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Sho's willing to let it go, heading for a chair and settling in for the duration.

Ian returns the hug and will then settle again. "Given Siphon's in tha dahk, too, it's not about his shiny new toy. Guessin' it's big news, though, given we're all heah."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Talok shrugged.

"What I do know is he came up with the entire schematic design on his own. As far as the size goes, depending on what the hell he was putting in that thing, it may have to be that big. I know when he started tinkering around with a gravity based weapon part of the problem was the ship wasn't large enough to absorb it, and would overload the power relays. That and if you are familiar with them, ships like the Ori had needed to be massive due to their power sources. What I do know is that the ship was designed to have a crew of close to a thousand, as well as a number of fighter craft, making it a deep space carrier as well. As far as anything else ... I'm a little in the dark I'm afraid."

This clearly didn't seem to sit well with Talok, likely meaning he was worried that Siphon was planning something stupid.
"Yeah, that sounds like Siphon, alright." She answered, shaking her head a bit. I've seen images of Ori ships, they look pretty, but not very usefully designed, in my opinion.Siphon seems to have made his a lot less eccentric, but yeah, just too large for my tastes."

Rounding another corner, she spotted the meeting room ahead of them. "Ah, here we go. Shall we?" She said, motioning for Talok to enter first, following him in and finding her own seat. She recognized a couple faces, but only in passing.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Talok simply shrugged, probably used to larger vessels, at least being on one regularly. He did however nod at her suggestion they enter, walking in and sitting down after a brief greeting to all that were present.

Several minutes after they entered, Julia did as well, the doors closing behind her as she entered. When everyone was settled and ready, she'd begin.

"I'm sure many of you wonder why the sudden call, and why, unlike every other time, we've not said why we're meeting before hand. That is because we have reason to believe that prior intel we've put out to everyone is somehow being intercepted, or we have a 'mole' somewhere at a relay. To get right to the point ... we've managed to locate Mirvik and his main base of operations in this galaxy. We also have determined he's working on some sort of device designed to mimic the old Dakara device, and it may be functional. Intel suggests he's planning to attempt an activation in the next day or so."

Reactions around the room were quick to come. Siphon's eyes ever so slightly began to glow, while Aya's body tensed up, a look of almost pure hatred on her face. Talok meanwhile looked about ready to let loose one of his loud hissing sounds, but he didn't. Sivok had a neutral expression on his face, but the body language suggested he was ready to gut Mirvik right then and there.

Vanessa meanwhile showed no outward sign of the news really hitting her, though she did let loose a small sigh. Shaking her head, she ventured out, "great. I think I speak for everyone here when I say let's end this son of a bitch once and for all."

It didn't appear Siphon, Talok, Aya or Sivok were going to argue with that.

Julia nodded, getting back to the task at hand.

"Right then. We're going to need every ship we can possibly muster with who we have. The Ingrali aren't able to make it, something seems to be happening in their home galaxy, and Camulus sent word they were getting strange readings in what used to be territory controlled by Anubis. They think something Anubis left behind might have been activated somehow, and they were going to investigate it. It looks like your new ship and it's final upgrades are going to get an early battle test Siphon, our intel suggests Mirvik has one final Z.P.M powered hive ship in orbit as a defense. Between it and the three cruisers he has, and the darts, it'll take everything we can throw at him to end this. Once the ships are dealt with, you'll have to beam down to the surface and deal with him. We can't risk detonating the device he's working on with an orbital strike, if we're right, it could be the end of life in the galaxy. The facility itself is rather small, and we think the weapon housing is out in the open, as Mirvik seems to want no obstructions between him and the Stargate on the planet. Use whatever means needed to stop him, we'll be jamming his Stargate for as long as we can, but if he manages to escape, we'll have lost our only chance at stopping whatever plan he has now. Any questions so far?"

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Suppose it's a matter of who's handling what?" This comes from Sho. "Just about everybody here is going to want a piece of this bastard but if we're going to get in and get down there before he has a chance to fire up his bright shiny toy, we're either going to have to go now, before it's operational--provided it isn't already--or, if we crunch things a little closer, we're going to have to be tactically precise on this one." Her attention drifts a bit to Siphon. While she knows he can detach himself enough to get a job done, this is the most personal things have ever gotten for him. Just an instance of getting that particular elephant out in the middle of the room before things went any further.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After Julia gave her first pass of information, Victor's eyes slid partway closed, as he usually did when processing and planning. He opened them again at Vanessa's comment, adopting a slightly sterner, or more ready, expression. Ravage happened to glance at him at that point, but quickly shot a second look over, as if checking something about how Victor's face was set.

Once Julia finished the second pass, Victor simply gave a brief shake of his head to indicate no questions.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

With no questions seeming to be forthcoming, Siphon took the opportunity to speak.

"If he has a Z.P.M hive defending the planet, the Nasara could draw the initial fire. If we time the gate activation to almost the exact moment I drop out of Hyper-Space, Mirvik will have no choice but to try and accelerate his time table. Twenty seconds after the Nasara engages the hive, the rest of our ships exit hyper-space, targeting cruisers, taking out the hive's support before throwing everything we have at it. Once we take out orbital support, we'll have to beam down and try to get in as fast as possible. Anyone gets a kill shot at him, take it. If anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears, but this may be our only chance. I get the impression that's what you were hinting at too Julia."

She nodded several times before replying to them all.

"It's almost identical to what I came up with. Granted, the original plan I came up with took into consideration the thought we'd have more ships, but we'll have to do with what we have. As far as ground troops go, Mirvik has most of his men working his few ships, we've managed to thin out his numbers enough to limit his ability to defend planet side. If you can hit them fast enough, we may be able to keep him from getting more transported down. Even still, you'll have one hell of a firefight on your hands."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Victor spoke up. "When it comes to starting the ground assault, I'll try to hit the center of his guys with the Punch. If nothing else, it should disorient them for a few."

"And if the rest can follow up with a fast enough, and strong enough, strike... That might be all we'd need to get the main shot."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well, if it's planetside, that means atmosphere. Which means I can tear things up. Pretty hard to shoot a category six that's bearing down on you." That from Sho, naturally.

"Or shoot anythin' with ya gun five feet up in the aih," came from Ian with a chuckle.

Suffice to say, once they hit the ground, Mirvik's forces, especially if they were running on a skeleton crew, probably weren't going to hold out for long unless they had some really big countermeasures.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"I'm in. Don't have any craters or hurricanes at my disposal, but I may even be able to get the heavy hitters down planetside before the fight in space is over, if we really want to try and rush him." Ariana offered, speaking up for the first time. "Slower than beaming I suppose, but less prone to blocking or disruption."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon nodded.

"We'll take any advantage we can get. We'll coordinate drop outs to match times, minus the head start the Nasara will have. I'll draw the Hive ship's fire, you guys focus on the Cruisers and try to tag team them, get rid of them before the hive can start going for weaker shielded ships. Then we'll throw everything we've got at that Hive before finishing the job planet side."

Julia nodded once more, ending things with one last bit.

"Good luck to you all. When you're finished, meet back here. You're a go."

((I'll let everyone make it to their ships, add in final comments before making a thread for Mirvik's Planet and having the fun really start.))

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Victor started to shift to stand, then stopped. Blinked as if he'd had an idea, then pulled out the communicator that they all knew he used to contact Quint. "Quint, is there any possibility of getting Lauter to Peltas?"

One of the voices for Quint replied. "Unfortunately, no. Without those critical components, there's no way to..." The voice was cut off with what sounded like a whir, then... "Man, why do you have to be such a downer? Can't you just let the good vi..." Another whir, then: "My apologies. As stated, without the missing parts, there's no way to bring Lauter to bear, unfortunately."

Victor sighed. "Very well. Out." As Victor shut off the communicator, the second of the voices was cut off. "Peace ou..."

Ravage simply looked at the communicator during the exchange, sighing and shaking his head at the final bit.

((Updated the OOC post where I listed the colors to include suggestions for how to "read" Quint's voices.))

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Alright then. Well, one express ride to the surface, now boarding. Anyone that gets motion sick, I'd suggest doing what you can to prep for that before meeting me at dock seven." Ariana said with a chuckle, before heading for the door. " Should be plenty of time for introductions on the trip."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sivok nodded, standing up with Ariana.

"If you don't mind, I'll send some of my troops with you. They can land, shroud and deal with at least some of Mirvik's ground forces quietly before we really light him up."

((And making new thread in a minute or so.))