What's new

Peltas Five Station

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Peltas Five Station

"I doubt the landing will be very stealthy, but you're welcome to. I just figured we could get the heavy hitters on the ground while the bad guys are still worrying over the space battle." She replied, glancing over to Sho and Victor.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I'll be dropping to ground as soon as the Cybershadow hits the system."After that, he left and headed out for the Cybershadow.

"He likes doing precision jumps with the ship." Ravage added as he started to head out. "And someone's got to stay with the ship to fly it during the fight."

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Sounds good. I'm no good on the ship, anyway, so getting me--"

"Us," Ian interrupts.

"Onto the planet as soon as possible following Victor's hit will probably be a good thing. Can hopefully assess the situation and nullify it pretty quickly."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sivok grinned.

"Be that as it may be, my people can shroud and get into position once you land. Let the enemy think it's a transport with very few people, and then when the moment is right, hidden troops englobe them and end the confrontation swiftly. Or at least, that's the idea anyway."

((Everyone is ready on my end, they'll follow Ariana those that need to.))

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Double post FTW. This is going according to what we spoke about moving things here Copper.))

Some time had passed for Lilith and her crew, pretty much uneventfully. Whatever they were doing though was eventually interrupted as Jacobs finally located Lilith, and whoever might be with her.

"Ah there you are. We might have something for you information wise if you'll follow me."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

((Not really double post when it's been a month.))

Mostly uneventfully. Lilith had opted to keep Jack and Grunt with her and Garrus just to make sure there weren't any incidents with any of the Peltas crew. Tali, Mordin, and Legion had opted to stay with the Normandy and make a rundown of what was going to be needed for the repairs. That, and it was easier to observe data on the ship's computers than via omni-tool. Thane had opted to stay on the ship as well, giving himself time to adjust to environmental differences. The others--Kaidan, James, and Zaeed--had started a bit of exploring, checking out what was available in the areas of the station they'd been granted clearance to.

As Jacobs approached, he'd find the krogan stepping between him and Lilith with a bit of a challenging snort. Hearing the noise, she'll put a hand on his shoulder with an "At ease" urging Grunt back and giving Jacobs an apologetic smile.

"Sorry. He hadn't seen you before." At the mention of the information, she'll nod. "What have we got?" Seems she and those with her were intending on following him.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jacobs for his part didn't seem fazed in the slightest, merely nodding in reply.

"Understandable. We think, with the help of an Ingrali vessel, we may have determined what happened to your ship that brought you here. Have you ever heard of a subspace dimensional rift?"

By the time she'd have replied, the short walk to a large sized room, possibly a viewing room from the looks of it, had come into view.

Before they'd step inside, Jacobs would give them a fair warning.

"Fair warning, the Ingrali are a bit ... unusual. Their natural form resembles something along the lines of walking black mist with glowing red orbs where the eyes should be."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Why do I get the feeling I ought to patch Mordin in on this?" is more of her reply than an actual answer. From her expression, though, nothing about that rings a bell. "EDI, ring up the professor for me, would you?"

"Consider it done, Commander."

There's a slight cant to Lilith's head as Jacobs mentions the Ingrali being unsettling but given his description, it doesn't seem like it's going to phase her or the others all that much. Reactions to whether or not one is in the room may change, but for the most part, smoke with eyes doesn't seem too high on the 'freak Lil's people out' list.

The sound of humming could be heard from Lilith's omni-tool and since none of the others seemed to react to it, this was clearly the desired outcome. There's a pause in the sound, followed by "Ready to receive incoming data. Look forward to hypothesis and chance to further study new phenomenon."

"That's Mordin for 'Thank you. Please proceed,'" Garrus chuckled.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Once they were ready, he'd lead them into the room. True to what he'd said, Julia was in there, setting up a device that appeared to be a large holo-emitter. Near her was a huge alien, likely the Ingrali mentioned from it's appearance.

It was tall, easily seven feet or so, and it's body did appear to be almost like a black mist like substance, wispy in some areas. It had glowing red orbs where the face was that had to be it's eyes, but as far as they could tell, right up until it spoke, it had no mouth whatsoever, and no nose.

"Ah, these must be the guests you were mentioning. I am Draven Naros of the Ingrali. Please, let me know if this form ... unsettles you. I can always make it different."

Julia now turned to smile briefly at them.

"Good to see you all again. We believe we do have some information for you, as well as a potential bit of disturbing, possibly related or not information as well. If you're ready, we can begin to explain what we've found."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Grunt walks in first after Jacobs, followed then by Lilith, Garrus, and finally, Jack. The Commander's attention goes first to the towering alien as he speaks since, well, it's hard to ignore seven feet of black smoke.

"Lilith Shepard, of the Normandy." Seems she'd adopted that, given there was no 'Alliance' or 'Cerberus' here to be affiliated with. "I think we're good. Might ask if you can tighten up a bit if the conversation's going to go on for a while. It's a little hard to focus on the edges," she'll admit, but she doesn't seem unsettled. Given she's walking around with two beings who could be considered 'dinosaurs' and had a robot with her earlier, Draven doesn't seem to bother her.

"Related or not, huh?" This from Garrus, who seems amused at the statement. He'll quiet down, though, and allow Julia to continue.

"Mordin, you reading this?"

"Affirmative. Have been waiting. Asked EDI to log transcript of conversation."

Seems that was a good a point as any to begin the explanation.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He nodded for a moment, the motion seeming odd for mist, and then after a brief extra second, his features began to take on a different appearance.

In just a few moments what had once been a mist like alien now appeared almost entirely human, as he completely changed shape. Either their race was really good with illusions and mind fuckery, or they'd just met some sort of shape-shifter.

Regardless, there was no time to think about it as the holo-projector became active, showing what at first seemed to be a normal section of space. Draven would begin the conversation, with periodic input from Julia.

"What you're looking at is a section of normal space. Actually, it's the space near where your ship was first detected upon arriving in this sector. At first glance, it appears nothing is amiss, however when you go into a subspace scan ..."

He trailed off as Julia pressed a button, and suddenly the section of space didn't look normal anymore. There were residual 'cracks' in the area, showing as almost light blue colored lines spiraling outward as if from some kind of vortex.

"It no longer looks normal. What you're looking at is a trace marker left behind by a subspace rift, most likely a dimensional rift. I've seen a few of these before, but never one as short lived as this one seems to have been. I believe this is how your ship was able to come here, possibly from some kind of subspace rip that was present on your end."

"What Draven is saying, is that most likely there was already a partially formed rift in the area you came from. The battle you mentioned, and the explosion from it may have caused this rift to tear open fully, allowing temporary passage into a different dimension, ours. Unfortunately, given the readings we have, it appears the rift has almost completely sealed back up again."

Draven, in his human form nodded, an apologetic look on his features.

"I'm afraid it won't be possible to re-open the rift, it's almost completely sealed up. Unless we find another one leading to your dimension ... you won't be going home any time soon. Had we gotten to it sooner, we might have been able to keep it open, but once they collapse ... well let's just say that trying to re-open one has never worked, or ended well. Now as far as to why your .... EDI as you named them goes, I have a theory as to why they were able to access data that didn't seem correct to your own knowledge. It's possible there's a residual effect left behind that contaminated your computer cores with information from a different dimension, meaning your FTL jump may have taken you through more than one other dimension before ending here. If I'm right, your systems may have somehow inadvertently linked up to databases in a different dimension, and been able to download at least some of that information. There's really no way to know for sure if that's accurate, but it's the only theory I've been able to come up with on short notice."

Now he'd pause, allowing them to catch up before they'd likely go into whatever else had come up.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"That is some weird shit." This muttered quietly from the young woman at the back of the pack. Lilith will glance in her direction but as she doesn't seem inclined to comment further, she doesn't say anything to her.

"Entirely possible for energy from explosion, coupled with output from relay to create phenomenon described. EDI, access information on 'rifts.' Would like to study accumulated data further. Cross reference with records of anything remotely similar..." Mordin, it seemed was in his own little world.

"I'll pass anything further on to Dr. Solus, Commander. He seems a little too intrigued by the initial data."

"Thank you, EDI."

"And since there's nothing big enough or expendable enough around here to blow up to test that theory, I think we're safe. And stuck." Lilith elbowed Garrus lightly for the attempt at humor. He grunted a little, but it seemed more for effect than actual pain.

"If we did go through more than one dimension, as you put it, it might be hard to tell. All we were aware of was making the jump back through the relay and then showing up here. With no relay. We might be able to test that theory by having Legion and EDI compare databases, though both of them are relatively self-contained to start with." She frowns, obviously not thinking that will work. "But, like I said before, it's a glitch in our favor and I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth."

Jack snorted. "So long as the two of 'em don't go nutty and decide organics need to be put in their place."

"Eh, we can handle it if they do." Grunt rolled his shoulders.

Lilith seemed to be choosing to ignore the conversation going on behind her back. "We've already accepted the fact that we're here for the duration. I'm presuming these rifts aren't that common a thing that all we have to do is wait for the next one and cross our fingers."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven shook his head.

"I'm afraid not. Our civilization is nearly seven million years old, five million of which has been spent with space travel. Our records only show a dozen or so instances of dimensional rifts actually forming and being detectable. Now for the extra bit that may interest you."

The holo-projector changed again to show a different region of space, and what appeared to be one of the golden glowing anomalies they'd seen on the screen earlier that had spit out a T-Rex. Only this one was located in empty space, and much larger. As they viewed it, a shape, small and fast darted towards the anomaly, seeming to pass through it and vanishing to wherever it led. Moments later, the anomaly closed. Now it was Julia who spoke, allowing Draven to work the controls where needed.

"One of our ships returning from a medical supply run to a planet in the Pegasus Galaxy detected strange magnetic fluctuations. When they investigated, what you saw is what their sensor logs recorded. After it closed, they did a more complete scan, hoping to catch trace residue of anything we could use to determine what these things are. Instead, they detected faint power readings coming from a small planet in a near by star system. When they arrived, they found this."

The projector changed again, this time displaying what appeared to be the back end of a ship sticking up out of the ground, rock and trees having grown around it, almost obscuring it. Something about it seemed strangely familiar, though they might not be able to place why until after Julia spoke again.

"According to the scans, which have been run several times to be certain ... this ship buried in the planet out there is almost identical in size, and materials to your own. In fact, we think there's a high chance it could be another one of your people's ship, save for one small bit of information that makes things even more interesting. According to the data readings of the hull, and the surrounding rock ... that ship has been there on the planets surface for nearly four million years."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Let me make sure I'm seeing this right. Your ship, which is not what passed into the anomaly, noticed something else leave through it. Then your scans picked up on another ship that had been there for nearly forever," she chuckled. "And when you say 'our' ships are you saying it's another Normandy? Or simply crafted similarly? Because, well, there are only two Normandys. One was destroyed and the other one is sitting in your docking bay right now. Three, if you count the one that belonged to your Asari friend."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Julia shrugged slightly.

"At the very least built in the same style as your Normandy. No one's tried to board her just yet, we figured once we'd confirmed it might be somehow related to your own people it might be best to ask your input first rather than simply crack it open and look inside so to speak. As for the anomaly, we THINK it was another ship that passed through it, but we can't be entirely certain. The readings for it were ... odd to say the least."

Draven spoke up again, a thoughtful expression on his face.

"I've been thinking about the buried ship actually. We've already established it's highly likely you and your crew came from a different dimension, is it possible this ship down there is from yet another? For that matter, it could be a Normandy from yet a third dimension. Or it may be a different ship altogether, but built in the same design. Either way, there's no one in this dimension who has anything that was made in that design, at least, no living species anyway."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"The implications that there's something other than a spacecraft that can function in the void...Now I'm starting to sound like Mordin." She shakes her head at the comment about it possibly not being a ship going into the anomaly.

"Well, if it is another Normandy, I doubt anything's online, even EDI...if the ship even had an EDI. You're talking millions of years. There's no way the ship would have been able to sustain itself that long. Getting a closer look at it, we might be able to discern it's origins. Purpose. Wouldn't be the first relic we've poked around in."

"And just think, there's hopefully no husks or geth for us to worry about," Garrus chuckled.

"Where's the fun in that?" came from Grunt.

"If we run into any signs of the Reapers on this ship, I am officially done." Lilith seemed to be talking more to her squad, joking, hopefully. She put her attention back on Julia and Draven. "So, is this something you want us to check out? With some of your people, of course."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven chuckled slightly.

"My people can actually. Survive in the vacuum of space I mean. Anyway, yes, we thought you and your crew, at least some of them, might be interested in checking out the ship. Once we realized it matched close enough to your own ship by design, I forbade any of my people from going inside or near it. It seemed the proper thing to do."

"We've also gotten word back that Siphon should be on his way back here soon, so you can either speak with him first and then head out, or we can send him to see you where the ship is once he's back."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Guess it all depends on how long it will take him to get here. I'll need to figure out who's going to go with me and who's going to stay with my ship. That'll give us a bit of a window." She'll pause, thoughtful. "If you could upload information on the planet itself to EDI, that'll also help us make the necessary preparations."

If there's nothing else from the two of them, Lilith will take her leave, heading back to the Normandy with the group that's with her.

"Go ahead, Garrus. I can see it in your face."

"You're not taking me with you, are you?"

"Not this time around. I want you here to look after the ship. And the crew."

"Aw, he doesn't want to be left behind," Grunt chuckled.

Garrus shot the Krogan a look. "You're not leaving him here with me, are you?"

"No, Grunt's coming with me. So's Jack. Probably Tali and Zaeed. Or James. Whichever one doesn't want to loaf around here. I'd take Thane but that place looks a little too humid for his liking. Hopefully we'll be able to keep in touch while we're...wherever we're going. Doubt they'd send us somewhere without a way back."

"Been there, done that. Had enough of that bullshit," Jack chuckled.

"Agreed. Muster the troops when we get back to the Normandy, Vakarian. Regardless, I think I'll stick around to meet this Siphon before we head out. Definitely could be enlightening."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There was a small chuckle from Julia.

"Once he decides to leave, not long at all, not with that new Hyper-Drive of his. I'll send word when he's arrived back so you know."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"We might even see him arrive, if we're in the hangar. Unless you've got more than one." Which seemed a possibility. It was a station, after all. "I'll expect the call."

Once they reached the Normandy, Lilith waited for the others to gather in the comm room. Grunt and Jack waited off to the side, having already heard the majority of what was being discussed. Mordin continued to tap away at his omni-tool until she cleared her throat, which prompted him to acknowledge her with a look and then go back to working.

"So, our new hosts have provided us with some interesting information, both regarding what happened to us and building on top of that." She proceeded to inform them of the anomaly through which they apparently passed through. "Which would explain why we are apparently in the Milky Way without...everything we know."

Those who'd been with her on the original fact finding mission helped chime in, having already been discussing findings with some of the others. It made it easier on her that her crew was willing to take the seemingly impossible in stride. The lack of homeworlds and familiar races was a bit unnerving but they knew "their" people were safe back at home, which made it bearable. So did the fact that the trip through the Omega-4 was supposed to be one way anyway. They'd just managed to beat the odds.

She tabled a few questions, namely about their future plans, which were a bit vague for the time being. "We are, of course, going to look into ways to get home. However, the Normandy is currently grounded and these anomalies appear to show up both at random and there's no true way of knowing what's on the other side. The latest one they were dealing with apparently spat out a tyrannosaurus rex."

"Aw, man. And you didn't radio me, Shepard?" Grunt actually sounded like he was going to sulk at that.

"Next time they deal with one, I'll let you know, all right." He snorted in response and she continued. "They've also discovered another bit of information. While investigating another of these anomalies, they've apparently discovered what may be another Normandy."

After the inevitable round of "How is that possible?" followed by "Damned if I know," she got back to the business at hand. "Which is why we're going to go take a look. What's also most curious is that it's in another galaxy, called Pegasus, which is light years away from where we are now. They've the means to transport from here to there and don't ask me the logistics on it, I haven't figured it out yet. Ask EDI if you're curious. Right now, though, we're going to go have a look. If nothing else, I'm going to see if, should it be another Normandy and should it have the proper parts, if I can't salvage anything to use on our ship."

"I'm guessing you'd like me to come along?" Tali inquired. "If you're going to be doing salvage..."

"I want my best. We're also heading into unknown territory, so I want a couple guns at my back. Not that I think they're going to send us in alone, but you're my people. You know how I work. James, Zaeed, you two get to duke it out for the place beside Grunt."

"C'mon, old man. I'll arm wrestle you for it." James cracked his knuckles.

"I'm just as likely to shoot you so you'll have to stay here."

"Work it out without violence," Lilith interjected. "The rest of you, I'll be leaving Garrus in charge in my absence. Mind the ship. Mind yourselves. I'll be heading out after I meet with one of the station's other captains. Apparently this should be interesting. Anything else, I'll be in my cabin until I get word he's gotten back. Radio up first. Dismissed."

((And that'll put me on a bit of a pause until Siphon gets back to Peltas.))