What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Pervy] The Last Demonhunter - Remastered

asestado

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Last Demonhunter - Remastered

@Asestado and Vrtrvr: Oooh! This is cool! This is why I waited a while with posting it here, genuine trolling on my game! I luv it, cause I can go 'Ha ha, I took 45 min of your lifespan and you're NEVER getting that back' without remorse. Eat it! *Hipthrusts in a juvenile way* By the way, if you had read some of that annoying text during the intro, you'd know that the things you call unskippable, .. actually are, for a large part.

Lemme tell ya, I have rather good conditions with an artist, and it still costs quite a bunch.
I've seen the artists work on my pictures, and.. trust me, takes years of experience. Funny story, I used the same artist in the original and the remastered (can still check old pics over the examination tool) and people actually started poking me a la 'that new artist is way better, keep using them'

Drawing my own art for my game, like Emmerzail does will stay an unattainable dream. I can only write, and program decentish.

Oh, dun worry, look at the second and third post above you, you are super considerate, and.. I totally SHARE your sentiment, I -want- moar art too.. just not that easy to get. In an ideal world only thing that'd limit my hentai scenes would be filesize. (keep in mind a bunch of big H-pics also bloat the file.. its a balance act, really. ^^

I.. well, I'd love to say I do try to mix up my writing, just like you, but eeeh.. Its suprisingly hard to write 'X inserts appendage into Y's reproductive organs' and still keep it.. 'fresh' ^^
Ok now I'm mad at you. I just said what i think can be better and you treat me for a troll, so only if i say pretty words I'm right?, i didn't say that i hated the game.

I didn't say that you couldn't skip THANK YOU. The only thing that it's true is that i could have been more constructive, however I didn't want to do a spoiler.

And I have more posts than you.

Now I truly expect that you say sorry, but yeah, you just need to call someone troll to be able to say whatever you want.

I was thinking about giving you a review by private message so that I wouldn't spoil anyone, but well whatever:

-First of all we have quite a standard objetive, finding our sister, because of that we will be forced to travel to many places, everything about that it's okay but it isn't special, but what matters is how it develops, we have something like a "combat tutorial" against a slime which I have to say it's a bit unneed, about the game we will find that the main focus is the multiple bad endings because of many things.
-Many of them aren't as fluid as I would expect and could have better mechanics, for example about the slime bad ending it's like "lose x times" and you obtain it, I think that the mechanic should be improved so that only if you "lose x times consequently without sleeping" would have been better.
-The combat it would have been good if it had more of a personal touch.
-About the storyline I didn't find anything that i though something like "hey, that was unexpected", I would have appreciated a few surprises here and there.
-About companions it may be my personal view but I feel that "doll" has more life in there that many other characters in the game. I would have appreciated if there were events in the town or many places where you could do something more than talk with your companions.
-About the rework I quite liked the new rework of that temple.

If I had to say "how many points out of ten does it deserve?", then it would be 5.5, most of the art was liked, but there are many "5" (general storyline, combat...).

I know, you will not care about my post and call me troll, because that's the best argument you have so that you appear right. This is what happens when you try to help people.

Pykrete Blue

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Oh, I can't read, re-edit. Uh.. alright, if thats your definiltion of constructive criticism, I think I'll ask you not to feedback on my game, 'dullest game ever' Is not exactly helpful. Moreso, most of the criticism stems from being UNAWARE of the features of the game. There is skip options, you just don't know that if you also skipped the intro(and never checked through your items)

What good is negative feedback that arises not from something I can improve upon but from a players lack of desire to check out the game indepth?
Ok, let's break this down.

I have now sunk about 45 minutes into this game - and I have to admit, this is the dullest RPGMaker game I have ever played.

The writing and setting would be all well and good, but GODDAMN is the fighting tedious. The animations can't be skipped, the in-fight text can't be skipped, there's no way to speed up event-text, there are surprise bad-ends without a continue possibility (again, no way to skip text), there's forced content (why the fuck do I have to deal with this dumb theatre?)

And apart from transformations/bad ends, there's very little actual content.
All this is a shame, the artist really knows what he's doing and the clothing system and stat screen are fine.

What a waste.
Now I'll admit, vrtrtr was a little harsh here. If I got a comment like this on my work, It'd bum me out a bit, but not all criticism is sugar coated, and rightfully so.

They told you exactly how much time they spent on it, and specified that it was dull by RPGMaker Game standards, singling it down into a 'boring for this genre' complaint rather than a useless 'boring' fullstop.

Their primary complaint is with regards to skipping, which you say is covered in the intro... which is skippable. Do you not think there's something of a problem that you learn how to skip in a piece of easily skippable content?

They go on to complain that a lot of the content is in bad ends. I love bad ends, but at the end of the day, having too much of your content lying within them is not the best way to go about things; something I struggle with, as I personally find they're my favourite scenes to write. Unfortunately, that doesn't make the criticism any less valid, which is that they can be quite frustrating (especially as they didn't know how to skip).

He then praises the art, and a few systems within the game. 'What a waste' is needlessly harsh, but it shouldn't take weight away from the rest of his post.

Criticisms to take away here; perhaps you should make it clearer how you skip, add more content that isn't based around bad ends. These are both fair pieces of criticism.

I remember this game when it was just "the last demonhunter", many bad endings is the first thing i recall.

Another thing was the simplistic options, for example at the start when a soldier told you to rescue a village, most quests were quite plain, however i liked that you had alignment and corruption.

And the storyline was a bit poor, the same as the sex scenes and the combat wasn't a strong point of the game.

From what I'm seeing in the game it has upgraded the art and how some places were, i don't see upgrades in storyline, combat...
Ok, so this guy starts off by saying he's played the original game! That's really useful, you have someone who can comment on differences in your remaster.

He criticizes that options are simplistic, and goes on to compliment your alignment and corruptions systems.

He notes that he doesn't think much of the story, that the sex scenes are lacking (outside of bad ends I would assume) and that the combat is weak. These are all a bit wishy washy and vague, but you know, you could ask him to elaborate. If someone gives me vague feedback, I politely ask them to expand upon it; if they don't, bollocks to 'em, but only then.

finally, he states that outside of the much improved art, he doesn't see much of an improvement in other core parts of the game. Again, ask him to expand on this.

I can see how the first post might have rubbed you the wrong way, but nothing in the second post is trolling. They gave you honest feedback. And really, nothing in the first post is trolling either. Harsh, yes. Trolling, no.

Quick Edit: also, you could have told them 'actually, you are wrong about x, and here's why' and then laid out a counter argument for why something is as it is. You could have informed vrt that skipping is possible, and told them how to do it.

vrtrtr

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Oh, was I not clear enough?
The fighting is tedious not only because of the combat text, but also because even on easy difficulty, the enemies are still damage sponges, the menu interaction and attack animations can't be sped up.
Furthermore, the game is a grind fest. One of the first quests is to rid the city of the attacking monsters. So the average player will approach the task by killing every single slimegirl in town (which is implied to be the right move since they don't respawn). Little does he know that he can just visit the succubus to advance the quest line - if he has ALREADY grinded enough slimegirls to stand a chance against her.

It doesn't get any better.

I just redownloaded and checked. The information regarding skippable combat text (not any other text, mind you), is not in the introduction (as you claimed here) , but the tutorial...which is only "recommended if [the player] is new to RPGMaker games".
Seeing that I have played about 200+ games by now, I certainly don't fall under that category.

Me not finding your combat text skip feature could also mean that it's currently in a hard-to-access spot.
That train of thought would require you to actually be able to take criticism...which clearly isn't your strong point.

So there you go, your single argument has been refuted.
Since you behave like an immature prick, I'm done here.

You and your project don't deserve any further attention or support.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sorry folks, but I'm not here for extensive Drama and discussions, I'm here for the pronz and people wishing to discuss the game. Give me nice feedback, positive or negative, yes thats possible, I'll be nice to you.
Give me harsh feedback, don't complain if I'm harsh in return, I think thats nothing but fair.

Constructive criticism always encapsulates a 'This is how you could improve' Neither of the two did such. You can be an ass to me, and make helpful suggestions, but you can't be an ass, and not bring anything that helps the game out.

Pykrete Blue

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Cool, I tried, have fun with your project. To anyone planning on giving him feedback, remember to serve it with some icecream (soft serve, if available) and plenty of honey.

asestado

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sorry folks, but I'm not here for extensive Drama and discussions, I'm here for the pronz and people wishing to discuss the game. Give me nice feedback, positive or negative, yes thats possible, I'll be nice to you.
Give me harsh feedback, don't complain if I'm harsh in return, I think thats nothing but fair.

Constructive criticism always encapsulates a 'This is how you could improve' Neither of the two did such. You can be an ass to me, and make helpful suggestions, but you can't be an ass, and not bring anything that helps the game out.
Friend there is no drama don't worry. I won't post in this thread anymore so that i don't bother you.

I wanted to give an honest review. It's a shame that I couldn't do it better, however I just want to ask that you are careful about offending people, sometimes someone wants to do a good thing but it is misread, calling people troll, being negative about what they say... you should understand that it won't make you be right.

I think that we should always see things from both sides of the coin, so I will say I'm sorry if I offended you for my first post because it wasn't my intention, nothing else to say and i won't post anymore in this thread.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cool, I tried, have fun with your project. To anyone planning on giving him feedback, remember to serve it with some icecream (soft serve, if available) and plenty of honey.
Oh no, slam me in the face, curbstomp me with criticism, call me a piece of shit.. just don't expect me to lie down and give you a thumbs up afterwards, or go around getting outraged in place of others, thats even less substantial a thing to say than 'I didn't like it'. At least these two had their own opinion.

That said.. yeah. I guess on a purely psychological basis, the way to my heart.. and the biggest chance of seeing changes you want to see happen to the game, is by cajoling, not insulting. I'm a fragile little flower like that.

Also, my favourite icecream is strawberry, no honey.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Friend there is no drama don't worry. I won't post in this thread anymore so that i don't bother you.

I wanted to give an honest review. It's a shame that I couldn't do it better, however I just want to ask that you are careful about offending people, sometimes someone wants to do a good thing but it is misread, calling people troll, being negative about what they say... you should understand that it won't make you be right.

I think that we should always see things from both sides of the coin, so I will say I'm sorry if I offended you for my first post because it wasn't my intention, nothing else to say and i won't post anymore in this thread.
Alright, I apologize for the troll remark. In hindsight my grief was mostly with the post above you, and I was.. in a certain mood following that. That said.. don't just tell me that you don't like something, tell me why, or how it could be improved.. else.. I'm left there standing with nothing but a thumbs down, ain't fun for anyone.

asestado

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Alright, I apologize for the troll remark. In hindsight my grief was mostly with the post above you, and I was.. in a certain mood following that. That said.. don't just tell me that you don't like something, tell me why, or how it could be improved.. else.. I'm left there standing with nothing but a thumbs down, ain't fun for anyone.
I will retract my statement. Let's do the following, how about we forget the bad start we had, because I know i'm partly at fault.

I'm quite hot-headed too and I progresively calm down.

Let's start again:

-First of all I think that what this games need is more context, let me explain myself, it would have been great if you started in a village you could talk with the villagers and then they tell you about the life BEFORE the game, how was your sister and how everything else was. I think it's quite needed this type of information.

-About bad endings one part of me quite liked most of them, however i think that you made too many so in the end feels a bit short, I quite liked how in the reworked you talk with the slime queen, I don't think it was in the original?, not 100% sure. But as I was saying, it would be nice more development with them.

-The pregnacy system in the forest still feels a bit wrong, first of all if you add insemination in battle i would recommend a clothing system, because being inseminated on the first or second turn feels wrong, unless there were special circunstances.

In fact i think that you wanted to use many good things but they didn't have a good enough support.

-About the demon attack on a village first of all we should be able to have "temporary" party members for this type of quests, the soldier should come with us if we decide to save the village, however this quest wasn't what I expected, when we arrive the demons have already "won" but it would have been good to rescue some villagers or something and about the succubus I would have had her fighting against you with a few villagers, so that if you kill the villagers and the succubus you will gain bad alignment, if you only kill the succubus you earn good alignment.

There are many opportunities that you could have had like that.

I will play the game slowly again so that i can give better feedback.

Melissia

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Immediately after I got inside the second tower in the deeper forest (beyond the spiders and such), the game refused to let me move. Is that the current end of the content?

Last edited:

asestado

Demon Girl
Reputation score

After I got to the second tower in the deeper forest (beyond the spiders and such), the game refused to let me move. Is that the current end of the content?
If you are talking about the tower of the demonhunter it shouldn't. However I don't think that when a game refuse to let you move is the ending of any content, more probably a bug, it would be nice if you take a screenshot so that everyone is out of doubts.

Mordaen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh man, I haven't played this since 0.1.6.

Really like how the mobs stay dead, very good for running back to nap. ;)

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Immediately after I got inside the second tower in the deeper forest (beyond the spiders and such), the game refused to let me move. Is that the current end of the content?
Asestado is correct. Tell me where precisely this happened, this is not the end, but near the end, which means it is not as bugtested.

Rest is @ Asestado, but split for understandableness. :p
-First of all I think that what this games need is more context, let me explain myself, it would have been great if you started in a village you could talk with the villagers and then they tell you about the life BEFORE the game, how was your sister and how everything else was. I think it's quite needed this type of information.
I'll consider more worldbuilding, BUT, I don't want to just shove backstory down peoples throats, if you catch my drift.

-About bad endings one part of me quite liked most of them, however i think that you made too many so in the end feels a bit short, I quite liked how in the reworked you talk with the slime queen, I don't think it was in the original?, not 100% sure. But as I was saying, it would be nice more development with them.
Ok, emberassing, but, actually I'm not that great at writing erotica. Well, thats not quite true. I .just.. I can't judge what is enough, what isn't, what will people like, what wont they, already in this thread others have complaint the endings are too long.
Thats why I have patreon rewards to extend endings, if people want that.

-The pregnacy system in the forest still feels a bit wrong, first of all if you add insemination in battle i would recommend a clothing system, because being inseminated on the first or second turn feels wrong, unless there were special circunstances.
Hmnn.. The problem is not the insemination system but the undress system. a 'remove clothing attack.. never tried scripting that.. perhaps will take a look, but no promises. the RPG Maker engine has its limits.
In fact i think that you wanted to use many good things but they didn't have a good enough support.
Rofl, right after you say it. Yeah, picking a game engine is trickier than you think. Maybe one day, once TLDH is finished, I'll fight with a platform that allows me more freedom, unity for example.

-About the demon attack on a village first of all we should be able to have "temporary" party members for this type of quests, the soldier should come with us if we decide to save the village, however this quest wasn't what I expected, when we arrive the demons have already "won" but it would have been good to rescue some villagers or something and about the succubus I would have had her fighting against you with a few villagers, so that if you kill the villagers and the succubus you will gain bad alignment, if you only kill the succubus you earn good alignment.
This is again, an issue with the game engine, namely, the companion system now. I can write a soldier npc fighter, OR I can write an entire new area of story and naughties. Companions are a lot of work, and the custom menu makes them trickier.
The idea of adding villagers to the fight is a nice idea, but the succubus is already hard on her own, and on lvl 3-4 at most, I can't weaken her that much more, without making the fight unbalanced. (aka the Succubus can't have too high hp.)

Definitly some interesting suggestions, keep 'em coming, I just fear that often the answer is 'great idea, but impossible/too much work to execute, for what it would do at least', I'm but a single person after all. Thats basically the answer to all of your suggestions. All good points, but Ruby(aka the rpg maker) doesn't always cooperate.

Oh man, I haven't played this since 0.1.6.

Really like how the mobs stay dead, very good for running back to nap.
*chuckles* I envy you then, got some stuff coming. :p

Last edited:

jadex

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Oh....Well I rather liked this game. I haven't gotten to the end yet but i'm taking a break so here is the feedback.

Pros:

- Lots of scenarios in the world and bad endings, I've been trying to collect them but there are tons which is why im taking a break.

-Interesting story and NPCs.

-Good morality and corruption system that changes the way you interact with the world

-Variety of fetishes and H-scenes

Cons:

-Inconsistency of CG's and animated sequences. Having to hunt for game over CGs or animations isn't fun.

-Very easy to accidently dominate NPCs with plant pollen.

-Various bugs. The missing Garudovalley map that crashes the game, endless respawning guards in the big city if you use plant pollen, etc.

But overall I've been enjoying this game for the bad endings and narration. I was particularly surprised when the first slime cave had about 3 ways of getting a bad ending.

asestado

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I have a "little" solution about the villagers, give more conversation to the succubus encounter, add a first fight which would be "her minions" or better called "the controlled villagers" and add a potion or two on the map.

The fight would be solved by 2 ways, first of all attacking and killing them, it's faster because it will require 2 attacks, the second would be "guard 5 turns so that the brainwash wears off".

Depending on the option you choose you gain alignment or lose it, it would be nice if you could have more or less people on the village depending on the option.

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

This is pretty good.
Some things that stood out to me:
- The text in the fights is tied to HP level - this gets old quite quickly. It should either progress on its own (as in: not be tied to HP) or be skipable, IMO.
- All the text keeps switching between first and third person: Ayla is fucked / I am fucked - this is also quite noticeable and confusing.
- Quite a lot of game overs. But that is not bad, I guess. What IS bad is that some of them allow the player to save before they lead you to game over. Example: the breeders in the jungle can impregnate you 3 times and the third birth is game over. So you can save between the impregnation and birth to lock yourself in game over state.

Apart from that: pretty good! Keep it up :)

Thorn14

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Holy crap I stop paying attention to this game back in the TFGameSite days because...I dunno! And now its like this? Sign me up!

Brassyandclassy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The name bears an alarming resemblance to that of the game ("The Last Demonhunter" compared to "Last Demon Hunter"), but besides that its looking pretty good!

Reputation score

I played it for about 4 hours and it's pretty good so far, some bugs to report though.
Once you give the druid the plant back if you keep talking to her she'll give you another reward and then cycle back to before you gave her the plant, no mention about the orb.
Lots of clipping in the large city and there is a book you can walk through in the tower near the slime girl.
That's all I can think of for now.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh....Well I rather liked this game. I haven't gotten to the end yet but i'm taking a break so here is the feedback.
*snip for shortness*.
Fair assesment. At the point of writing this we have over 40 endings, more coming.
For the flaws:
Can only repeat, the more patreons I get, the more CGs you get. *chuckles* If money was no factor, game would be full of them, but this is a pay what you want, not a commercial project.
Bugs are being fixed as they are reported. The desert entrance is an area for the next version, really, problem was I try to give the game more unique music style. Guards should be fixed in next version.

I have a "little" solution about the villagers, give more conversation to the succubus encounter, add a first fight which would be "her minions" or better called "the controlled villagers" and add a potion or two on the map.

The fight would be solved by 2 ways, first of all attacking and killing them, it's faster because it will require 2 attacks, the second would be "guard 5 turns so that the brainwash wears off".

Depending on the option you choose you gain alignment or lose it, it would be nice if you could have more or less people on the village depending on the option.
Thing is.. programming has to move on. The first area already has an option to do good or evil. I -could- extend it further with things like this, or I could continue on the storyline, give latter areas some love. I don't want to pump all my energy into one area, if you follow.

This is pretty good.
Some things that stood out to me:
- The text in the fights is tied to HP level - this gets old quite quickly. It should either progress on its own (as in: not be tied to HP) or be skipable, IMO.
- All the text keeps switching between first and third person: Ayla is fucked / I am fucked - this is also quite noticeable and confusing.
- Quite a lot of game overs. But that is not bad, I guess. What IS bad is that some of them allow the player to save before they lead you to game over. Example: the breeders in the jungle can impregnate you 3 times and the third birth is game over. So you can save between the impregnation and birth to lock yourself in game over state.

Apart from that: pretty good! Keep it up
-It is skippable. You just don't know this if you 1. Also skipped all of the intro and 2. Never checked through your items.
-Working on that, the text is a leftover from before I remastered the game.. what that means is my writing style changed, as in, improved I hope, in recent times.
-That is a bit of an issue, yes, I agree, I'll add a few exeption switches that prevent saving if you get hit again after 2 until you leave the jungle/swamp for a while.

Holy crap I stop paying attention to this game back in the TFGameSite days because...I dunno! And now its like this? Sign me up!
Your loss *chuckles* or.. rewin? I got annoyed with TFgames, so much CRAP popping up burying my stuff, like games that started, said hello, then finished. Subscribe to my blog, or just keep tabs on me here, to follow the stuff I and some buddies do.

The name bears an alarming resemblance to that of the Projekt Wolfenstahl game ("The Last Demonhunter" compared to "Last Demon Hunter"), but besides that its looking pretty good!
No, their project bears a striking resemblance to MY game, I came first, by a good margin, see the old Original 'the Last Demonhunter', first release date was over 3 years ago. Even the remastered, and its patreon, draws almost even with their release.
They just didn't bother to check if the name was taken. That said, I enjoyed their game, so .. *Shrug* only qualms about being mistaken for them is that they don't seem to plan on doing more with/finishing their project, while I'm in it to finish it.

I played it for about 4 hours and it's pretty good so far, some bugs to report though.
Once you give the druid the plant back if you keep talking to her she'll give you another reward and then cycle back to before you gave her the plant, no mention about the orb.
Lots of clipping in the large city and there is a book you can walk through in the tower near the slime girl.
That's all I can think of for now.
Thanks, druid should be fixed on next release. Your other reports are too unspecific to be of use to me what precisely is clipping in the town? I swear I fixed most of it. ^^. tell me what doesn't clip, or even better, screen it.

-Overall, some helpful feedbacks, keep it coming folks-

Last edited: