Re: The Last Demonhunter - Remastered

Is there any TF not gameover to MC?
I remember old game (2 years) and was only by gameover
As far as I found is become slime and succubus

Sabinn

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I don't often find fully english H-RPG, so it's always a good thing to try a new one.

I played the game from the beginning to the fallen Demonhunter boss.

I didn't find a single CG (unless the game over one, it's look like Bobyddando's art, if i'm not wrong) but you already explained why there is a lack of cg's.

I find the writing good,

I was a little disappointing not being able to see the HPs of my opponents. it's always annoying when there is Auto-lose fight (like the fight against the succubus in the first town).

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As far as I found is become slime and succubus
Theres more.

I don't often find fully english H-RPG, so it's always a good thing to try a new one.

I played the game from the beginning to the fallen Demonhunter boss.

I didn't find a single CG (unless the game over one, it's look like Bobyddando's art, if i'm not wrong) but you already explained why there is a lack of cg's.

I find the writing good,

I was a little disappointing not being able to see the HPs of my opponents. it's always annoying when there is Auto-lose fight (like the fight against the succubus in the first town).
Yeah reason I started mine originally, was, at least back when I did so, there were almost exclusively japanese H-games with english translations, like Violated heroine, etc.

Yep, its Bobbydando, aka Eldrik. Shame that hes super busy nowadays As for not finding CG.. try looking closer and not rushing and skipping through things.

The succubus isn't auto lose. There isn't a single auto lose fight in the game. Not a fan of those.

TheLordofRopes

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Glad to see this game is getting a remake. I'm a big fan of the original, even though it was light on H-content. I'm downloading it right now, I'll provide feedback when I can.

Mordaen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Found a crash bug.

Past castle, head north to the desert. Try and get thru the gate and.

Unable to find file:
audio/bgm/gerudovalley.

Brassyandclassy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

No, their project bears a striking resemblance to MY game, I came first, by a good margin, see the old Original 'the Last Demonhunter', first release date was over 3 years ago. Even the remastered, and its patreon, draws almost even with their release.
They just didn't bother to check if the name was taken. That said, I enjoyed their game, so .. *Shrug* only qualms about being mistaken for them is that they don't seem to plan on doing more with/finishing their project, while I'm in it to finish it.
Huh, okay. My bad. Silly me :(

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Hoookay, let's start with my opinions one the game. Wish I'd seen this thread yesterday as I'll be repeating some of the things stated already.

First, I actually like this game, even if it's a little light on the pronz, and played up to the point of exiting the first big city and being told that was all there was to the game in that version a while back. Enemies not respawning is super nice, I like that losing a fight and ending up corrupted lets you keep playing, and was pleasantly surprised that after beating the corrupted demon hunter and starting back at level 1 that I didn't get screwed with lower stats and it was pretty quick to level back up.

Things I don't like or confused me: I didn't lose any fights to slimes yet somehow the heroine ended up with slime traits (perhaps from their in-fight attacks? rather annoying if that is the case, would have to save-scum like crazy to get through without getting hit, or end up under-leveled [joy]), some status effects are just ungodly debilitating and are almost guaranteed to take effect when the enemy uses them, and the ruined demon-hunter tower is really tedious to clear out (I realize now that you might have intended for the player to avoid most of the mobs, then come back and clear it out after the class change, should that be the case maybe make a big deal out of it when you enter for the first time, the heroine saying something like "I can't possibly fight all these guys, let's try to sneak through!").

As for the rest of the stuff going on in this thread: I do not like Pervy (not the same a disliking) and he could have handled your comments differently, yes, but damn you're QQing over being called trolls? While we do maintain a certain level of civility here, this isn't the carebare hugs'n'fun forum. That option to switch the in-combat text off? I found it without even meaning to, just exploring the menus and inventory, your complaints remind me of these shining examples of human intellect : . Forced content? Are you fucking kidding me? IT'S A LINEAR RPG, EVERYTHING EXCEPT LOSING IS FORCED CONTENT. And surprise bad ends? (I had a minor aneurysm trying to respond to this with anything other than a solid stream of vulgarity) I guess he should just put in an option before every bad end that asks you whether or not you wanted a bad end, right?

jadex

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Ah yes, it would be helpful to see how much damage poison does to the enemy too. That would be nice.

SuperStripFight13

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

check out the demo

Nice Work.

this leaves the same taste in my mouth that Monster Girl series did.

it was a great game,

but the Wrap / Coil / Squeeze / Lock / Restrict / whatever the appropriatte term is...

those moves... during the fight never have an animation / illustration of any kind except plain text. and it would make the game extremely better for me.

but still nice game all around.

Azumi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This looks promising. And you are not forcing patreon upon the people to be able to play the game, ya have my support :)

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Glad to see this game is getting a remake. I'm a big fan of the original, even though it was light on H-content. I'm downloading it right now, I'll provide feedback when I can.
The first installment kinda emberasses me now. I guess thats normal for your first .. everything. This, is the game I -wanted- to make originally. A merger of story and nawties.

Found a crash bug. ...
Fixed on the next release on sat.

Huh, okay. My bad. Silly me
You made me check them out, find they added a new enemy, so .. no loss. ^^

Enemies not respawning is super nice, I like that losing a fight and ending up corrupted lets you keep playing, ....
Keep on playing after gameovers is like the biggest request. I know that people also want people to react to your corrupted state, but thats a looot of work to program in. I personally -loathe- respawning enemies, for one, it makes the game impossible to balance, from my perspective, for two, it interrupts the fun, with players having no input. I'd be hard pressed to find a game where random spawns work, even Undertale, which I like to put on a pedestal gamemaking/writing wise annoyed me with it.

I didn't lose any fights to slimes yet somehow the heroine ended up with slime traits (perhaps from their in-fight attacks? rather annoying if that is the case
That is weird. I'd have to take a look at your game file, but thats not normal. Perhaps a save/load went wrong?

(I realize now that you might have intended for the player to avoid most of the mobs, then come back and clear it out after the class change, should that be the case maybe make a big deal out of it when you enter for the first time, the heroine saying something like "I can't possibly fight all these guys, let's try to sneak through!").
You'll have to expand on the status effects. What precisely is an issue?
I've added a hint to that, good idea. I like being subtle about things, but you have a point. I need to be clearer about 'guys, perhaps not fight all thats in your way.'

As for the rest of your remarks silcer *chuckles* y u no like me *cutelooks* You say some things I wanted to say, but as I also said.. I wanna talk about the game, not argue. Not to say I'm bad at arguing. I do want to note that I like to call my game 'linear with exploration elements' Which is optional areas and storybits, but.. ultimately, yeah, I'm a fan of creating a story told for players.

Ah yes, it would be helpful to see how much damage poison does to the enemy too. That would be nice.
That would pop up every turn(engine based) and annoy other people in turn. its 10% of max hp iirc.

check out the demo

Nice Work.

this leaves the same taste in my mouth that Monster Girl series did.

it was a great game,

but the Wrap / Coil / Squeeze / Lock / Restrict / whatever the appropriatte term is...

those moves... during the fight never have an animation / illustration of any kind except plain text. and it would make the game extremely better for me.

but still nice game all around.
I consider this comparison a praise. As for animation/Illustration, I'ma say no, not because of money restrictions and artists for a change, but look at the other folks complaining about combat messages, now imagine you added in 'state X inflicted' pictures into the mix..
I just think that the rpg maker format, round based I hit you, you hit me, is not that great for showing CG in battle. Thats more fit for action RTS based games, pick your own Ryona flavoured poison here, imo. (And I do want to make one of those, one day.. ^^) aka, a game where you can shake out of things.. if you want.

This looks promising. And you are not forcing patreon upon the people to be able to play the game, ya have my support
*chuckles* I'm sure that, with the right model I'd make moar money that way but I don't WANT to. I want people to give me moneys cause they like the stuff I do. IMHO, patreon was never intended as a 'pledge XX$ to get my demo!' and I'm a bit saddened that it works so well that way for many.

Last edited:

SuperStripFight13

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

oh i def want to check out all your creations no question.

im just saying a quick illustration if an enemy uses a binding move, show me binded. always loved that.

even if it is just a picture. i didnt mean cinematic animations for every little thing. sorry if it seemed that way.

bottom line HELL YEA i am TOTALLY praising everything you have done. dont mistake this for anything else. keep up the good work.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It was mostly the fights in the tower, any battle with a naga and something else was pretty much a guaranteed loss, due to being sleeped. But again, those were meant to be avoided until later. Next time I try the game out I'll be doing things in that section a little differently, though the XP from those fights let me drop the corrupted demon hunter like a sack of bricks on my first try.

Oh, and I'd forgotten to add that I also like that SP is generated during battles. It's nice to be able to use a character's special attacks more often, instead of saving them for boss battles, and makes each character feel unique. Might have been the problem for the person who said that all the enemies are "tanky", as without using the special attacks battles can drag on a bit.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

oh i def want to check out all your creations no question.

im just saying a quick illustration if an enemy uses a binding move, show me binded. always loved that.

even if it is just a picture. i didnt mean cinematic animations for every little thing. sorry if it seemed that way.

bottom line HELL YEA i am TOTALLY praising everything you have done. dont mistake this for anything else. keep up the good work.
Ah, gotcha, that would be cool, but yeah, Find me an artist that wants to make this stuff for free on a decent level, or feed my patreon. :p

Yay. praises! ^^

Oh, and I'd forgotten to add that I also like that SP is generated during battles. It's nice to be able to use a character's special attacks more often, instead of saving them for boss battles, and makes each character feel unique. Might have been the problem for the person who said that all the enemies are "tanky", as without using the special attacks battles can drag on a bit.
Uhm.. yeah, if you just try to normal attack things down, they seem a bit tanky. *chuckles* Later on there'll be more expensive special attacks, making you weight the benefits of hitting things with a moderatly expensive but not as damaging ability.

ThatHoboThere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Definitely enjoying what I'm seeing on this one for the most part. The only thing I've encountered so far that has really bothered me is the perspective switching (3rd person to 1st person) mid scene in some the writing, but I believe that was already mentioned by someone else and responded to, and in all honesty that comes down to me being prone to pedantry. Now I'm off to huddle up in a box car and patiently await the next release.

Azumi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think I have found many of the bad ends, but still lacking some. Is there a list somewhere on how to reach this and that?

I'm not sure how to use the treasure map, I think iv'e found the secret places on the map, Forest, Beach, Mist area, Witch hut. But how do I get the Vampire or venom thing? :) Or aren't those implemented yet

Also are there any possibilities with the interactions of the dragon as of now? Or is that for later.

Also does the Allignment, Humanity and Corruption scales have any impact on Endings and such? or certain scenes with monsters. I haven't seen an effect from it so far, except that the Character changes appearance through examination mirror :>

Grey general guy also beaten now! (Guy at castle town)

Last edited:

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The world needs more corruption.

Reputation score

I forgot to mention I thoroughly enjoy the overworld music, never thought I'd hear stones again, also I like the doll companion too.

Froleytia

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ok i finished the demo so far

and now im just messing around and see a bug "probably" the violet Girl Guard or something kepts respawning on the old demonhunters castle and i have killed her enought to ge tmy character to "Pure Evil"

then after i finished with the castle i came back and made my character*s "Corruption" to 105

btw is there any reason to my character being a sucubuss? i mean would it affect the story later on? coz the only characther to refer to her as such was her sister and that sucubus messenger when i beat the first demonhunter castle and reading the thread i found u can become a slime too??

omg i do rather stay with my character as a sucubus

but the only thing i would complain would be not being able to un equip her succubus slave armor after she becomes a full sucubus @.@