What's new

RPG RPG Maker Shota [ピンチメーカー] テイテイ ~テイルズ・オブ・テイ~/Tales of Tei (RJ362203)

Yilin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Gameplay:
The dev describes the gameplay loop as Information Gathering (Boss's Weaknesses/Moveset etc) -> Preparation (Levelling, Crafting/Upgrading Equipment) -> Boss Battling.
The main character goes through randomly-generated maps and can kill mooks on touch for exp, while gathering money and materials. As the player has limited skill slots, he needs to choose what to equip in town in response to the boss, as he cannot change his setup inside the dungeon.
Boss battles (which are either normal fantasy monsters or succubi) are similar to the original Monster Girl Quest battles where there's quite a bit of strategy: you will need to take calculated hits and manage your health, instead of bulldozing with attacks and chugging a full heal when low. The player needs to make decisions in response the opponent's next move (e.g. absorb the correct elemental attack to nullify it, or dodge attacks he can't absorb, or go on the offensive while taking a weak hit).
Succubus bosses will also introduce QTE sex attacks, and the main character is level drained if he climaxes.

Controls:
Standard RPGMaker.
Tab opens message log.
Apparently V is used for mining, but I didn't see any mining nodes in the trial.

H-content:
14 scenes CGs, according to the picture. Femdom.
Trial only has a test battle against a succubus where she'll use sex attacks on you, but you can't kill her and there's also no loss scene if you die. No idea how the real game is like.
The store page also says losing to the succubi will move the player to an alt route where the MC falls to their temptations, along with route-specific scenes.

Story:
While applying to be an adventurer to help others, the main character Tei learns he's a hero, and is warned that the demons will pull underhanded and insidious tricks to get him out of the picture before he gathers strength and experience. He'll have to stop the looming demon invasion without succumbing to their ploys.

Personal comments:
I only noticed this game because I saw a random tweet worrying if it would get hit by lawyers for using "Tales Of" in its name. Not an unfounded worry either considering how Lizbeth was hit for being Atelier-like.
The boss combat is interesting but the rest of the game mechanics feels lukewarm to me. Posting to see if anyone decides to give the full thing a shot.

Last edited:

anon52

Reputation score
Well i think for its price its abilt light on content compared to other games. (I have seen worse though)
The main problem is the game has different events based on how you play, which proves rather difficult to play through it all without a translation.

i hope someone decides to translate this game, otherwise i wouldnt really recommend picking it up unless you can read japanese.

Edit:
Not sure if it helps but so far i only know of 2 ways to change the events.
1. If you run through the "dungeons", doing actions like picking up items and crystals decreases your blue bar (stamina/ mp?) if you return to the city when you only have roughly 30% or less you get temptation events.
2. Certain events will end differently if the hero is stil a virgin.

Last edited:

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The scene after the succubus queen looking boss where you go to see the guild leader seems bugged. Whenever I go up the stairs, I get softlocked into the wall.

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I opened up the files for the game and there's barely and scenes in the game. Maybe there's some animated stuff I missed?

anon52

Reputation score
There are no animations in this game, its pretty light weight in term of the visual contents. The main content for this game are the different events / paths for the playthrough. Thats why i wouldnt recommend it for its price if you dont have a translation at hand.
Regarding Bugs - You can check his ci-en page, he posts a lists of known bugs and fixes there from what i have seen.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Gave the demo a try, using MTool to text hook it so I could get a vague idea of the plot. Not too bad, honestly. And the combat system is fun, figuring out what to do based on the hints and all. Though with the janky translation, its a little hard sometimes.
The QTEs for a succubus attack are pretty standard. It does offer you some customization on that part, so that's a nice thing for those who like that.

Based on the demo, I wonder what a 'corrupt' route would even be... that aside, Tei (Tay?) has a pretty nice design actually. It's kind of nice to see the well, shota-type hero who doesn't look like, super shota, if you get what I mean?

He kind of made me think of a white-haired Saber at first, honestly because of the hairstyle.

echelond

Reputation score
After the first succubus fight im getting bug he must destroy the crystal but animation is like getting stuck

anon52

Reputation score
when was the last time you updated the game? Not sure about dlsite but the dev last updated is update post on the 30th.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Apparently V is used for mining, but I didn't see any mining nodes in the trial.

14 scenes CGs, according to the picture. Femdom.
losing to the succubi will move the player to an alt route where the MC falls to their temptations, along with route-specific scenes.
V is used in the random dungeons, it'll remove a wall. Looks janky but works.
There are a bunch of scenes, actually. Even more if you count the combat rape/temptation. No BF whatsoever, though.

The two and a half routes depend on your first test.
- bad end if you time out
- you get a lust crest if you get tempted too often (ending a dungeon with less than 20% mana). It gets pretty hard with the time limits.
- lonely route is the regular, easier route (since you weren't drained out of your stats as much)
The game gets pretty easy, though RNG-dependent, once you get 20 stones to power up your sword (3-4 times). Remember you can get new base element stones from trinkets you buy in the store, starting chapter 2; you dismantle the accessory at the smithy.