What's new

RPG [ Pink Noise] ピンクノイズ The Secret of Yellow 黄色いころの秘密 RE130634 RJ130634

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: 黄色いころの秘密

yeah this game is... simply too much of an investment, what with the incredibly complex character sheets (well, by today's standards), and frankly convoluted game mechanics (what the fuck are these stars). by the time i get to the sprite rape, i am highly cognizant of the fact that i've just invested ~20 min in deciphering an "8-bit" game in another language, just so that i can watch a cluster of like 40 pixels move back and forth and grunt.

CDom

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

yeah this game is... simply too much of an investment, what with the incredibly complex character sheets (well, by today's standards), and frankly convoluted game mechanics (what the fuck are these stars). by the time i get to the sprite rape, i am highly cognizant of the fact that i've just invested ~20 min in deciphering an "8-bit" game in another language, just so that i can watch a cluster of like 40 pixels move back and forth and grunt.
Yeah. Honestly it got so convoluted, and after reading everyone else's take on it, I tried using Cheat Engine to just give me max everything. It's just... It's not worth it no matter how I look at it. The artwork simultaneously gave me this impression of a lot of effort, and none at all. It was noisy, clustered, vague, and the ramifications of getting it seemed to vary from "oh you lost, have some free stat points" to "oh you lost, you lose, game over, nothing to see here". At first I thought "oh hey, maybe it's when it's your first time" but that quickly came back with a resounding no as two mobs gave nothing and the fourth mob did it again.

This gets down to "here's the effort I'm putting into a game" and "this is what the player actually walks away with"... There was a massive number of tons in regards to how much was invested in to the game, and a very small amount the player actually walked away with in the end. Very impressive scope and effort, negligible reward...

TL;DR: Years invested, minutes gained. Thousands of images, only a few truly seen. Massive depth and complexity, ultimately just untangling string.

companion

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

True end requires a ring from a different scenario.

True end boss doesn't have a h-scene. So it's just a missing # and that h-scene doesn't exist.
I'm sorry but could you elaborate?

Now I'm just being obsessed...

Tolp

Reputation score

Looking at the website in the DLSite description it seems this game actually part of a chain of non H RPG's that have the same system that gives carryover bonuses from previous games with this being the fourth. Those games from screenshots look to use the same stat system/ mechanics as this game so I guess It's price is a reflection of the amount of work put it. With the battle system already taken care of it's just a few maps and new artwork worth of work and a grapple system which I have no idea if the previous games have it. The 3 Non H games (Pretty sure it says all ages from DLSite) are free on the website if you want to try them out. At least I think that's right if the machine translation is right, downloading those games now.

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

They are indeed free and downloadable, and more importantly characters carry over from previous story to the next. Which explains the overly detailed status screen (it's pretty simple once you get used to it/is capable of reading Japanese)

True end requires a ring from a different scenario.
Arrive at the residence of the prince and look around until you find a letter. (After the princess is kidnapped and you enter the forest, exit it and go to the 2nd main scenario)
After clearing the game with Route A (rescuing the girl in the red gourd as opposed to the guy) go to the side-scenarios and read her story.
After reading her scenario story, go to the 3rd main scenario (which is now unlocked) and select the first option to go straight. This will give you the ring which unlocks the true end.

True end boss doesn't have a h-scene. So it's just a missing # and that h-scene doesn't exist.
Wasted minutes of my life, watching the enemy try to bring down my 232 HP character to under 120, considering the true boss did only 2 damage due to the iron wall skill ... (werewolf did more with penetrate, though boss does solid damage with counter)
Then another 5 minute defending and not seeing the character being downed.

Otoh, maximum damage per turn (on werewolf, since werewolf has near 0 defense):
267 critical + 236 critical + 258 critical + 234 critical.
Weapon +4, 2nd evolution. Considering I had 20ish skill (which is like 80% sword skill activation), 99% to hit, 76% critical (my character's luck is 36+30) it occurs more often than it should.
Skill: Lv9 Strong Hit, Lv1 Double Attack, Lv3 Triple Attack, Lv9 Poison Attack