Pokemon go

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Pokemon go

It is but it's funny ass hell. Everybody knows that's big dick bee. XD
AWWWW You took the best one! Also: punchy rock.

Got myself a big dick bee through evolution last night.

And yeah, the battle system fucking sucks. My 303 NIDOKING couldn't beat my friends 294 eevee. In fact NONE OF MY POKEMON could beat the goddamn thing. Steamrolled his bitchass jolteon at the other gym with earthquakes though. Somehow Vaporeon is the strongest pokemon in the game outside of snorlax, and evading is a waste of time you could be tapping to do damage with.

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score

I agree with the redundant combat system, but for me, it's even harder to understand which Pokemon we're talking about, as I'm playing the game in german! Almost every time, I have to google a Pokemon's name to figure out which one it is. Like slicer mentioning "Vaporeon" - that's an "Aquana" for us. Imagine the differences and difficulties... :rolleyes:

My 303 NIDOKING couldn't beat my friends 294 eevee. In fact NONE OF MY POKEMON could beat the goddamn thing. Steamrolled his bitchass jolteon at the other gym with earthquakes though.
Even though combat is stupidly simple, it still is nice to see that the effectiveness of elements/types weight quite heavily. My ~850 Hypno was able to beat a ~1350 Machamp (had to goggle that, again) rather easily. Though I guess if they didn't recognize the types and their strengths and weaknesses, this game would've been deader than the night is black in no time.

Also tonight, as I mentioned before, I met up with a coworker at a bar that has three pokestops right around the corner. First-hand, I was able to witness the sudden pop-up of an unknown pokemon: "A wild Raichu appears!". I didn't recognize its spawn, as I was evolving a lot of low pokemon to gain EXP, but my coworker poked me and pointed towards the 20-30 people sitting nearby - all of them suddenly got up and went down a road to our right, most of them looking at their phone screen. That's when I recognized Raichu was around.
I actually didn't get up to get it, unlike my coworker, as I expected it to be another low one for me anyway. But it sure was a fascinating evening for me tonight: Not only to witness a bar with almost all customers constantly working their phones, but to also see a sudden "mob" arise to hunt down a rare one. :)

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

aaaah, i spent four hours outside in the heat today an caught 9 gastlys. Aaand a small sunburn lol
*insert bad Ghastly sunburn pun here*

zilot93

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

My friend lives in another country. Pokemon GO is not there yet. I laugh in his face while he cries :)
P.S.Charizard one love!

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

Who was drunk enough to think this is a pokemon? XD

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Latest patch made the game un-fun. Lowered capture rates, pokestops give out less balls, can't go into power-save on iOS and removed the footprint and radar features.

WHY FIX ANYTHING WHEN YOU CAN JUST REMOVE IT?!?!?!?

Also they made the pokevision sites stop, because FUCK YOU FOR WANTING TO ACTUALLY FIND ANY POKEMON.

Won't be playing anymore until they stop being cunts.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

They removed it to fix it, its easier to pull it to fix instead of trying to work with it still in progress. Remember, Niantic has less than 50 employees working for them, also. The power save feature wasn't working on ios anyway, you're not missing anything.

The pokevision site had something to do with maybe virus or security or something, idk but there was a good reason.

Oh! And the game isn't even out of beta yet, so there's that. This is the first game of its kind, i can forgive them a few tweaks while they figure it out.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oh wow, I didn't even realize that it was a beta. Damn that is a massive scale release for a program you haven't finished, so I guess I can cut them some slack despite the... less than ideal bug fixing.

That said, I don't believe pulling a feature makes it easier to fix, it's not like the only place they have the code is on the server for users right? (I sure hope it isn't!) I can see why they'd think it's a good idea though, pretty frustrating when it's not working right.

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score

And the game isn't even out of beta yet, so there's that.
Oh wow, I didn't even realize that it was a beta.
Indeed, I didn't know that either. When there was an update to download for the game, it was the first time I had a look at the version number, and I was as suprised and confused as you, slicer. For a beta release to become the most downloaded game so fast, that's something.
But even though that makes up for some problems the game has right now, I feel like I'm playing an unfinished test build, and that kinda zaps some fun out of it for me. Who knows if efforts I do now will actually be worth it after future patches and updates.

These days, I mainly have the phone next to my PC and react to the vibration alarm when something pops up to catch it - apart from that, I'm barely doing any "real Pokemon hunting" right now. I'll just tag along without much motivation I guess, but I do hope Niantic improves the gaming experience soon. :)

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I've done a little in the past few days, but work makes it a little more difficult than I'd like.

I try to not play at work but uh... yeah. It happens lol

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Fuck y'all, team Mystic 4 life!