Polvas Five (Orbit and Surface)

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Polvas Five (Orbit and Surface)

"Copy that, it's good to have the support, thanks for coming. We're preparing to exit the cave system now, just a heads up."

Talok was the one who replied to Caitlin, as Siphon set about positioning the new woman so he could carry her without harming her.

"What she did Mrs. Caitlin, is she caused each Bentari warrior to not so spontaneously combust and melt to ooze. That should not be possible."

Now Siphon did reply, now that he had her lifted.

"Yeah well, she did somehow. Don't ask me how yet, but eventually I'll find out. And yes, it's good to meet you Caitlin. I'd shake hands but I think that'd better wait until we're out of here for the sake of not getting stuck here if more Bentari decide to come out to play."

Sho, for now, didn't discover any new threats.

N.O.V.A

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Nova looks at Siphon hearing the landing of the drop pods and message. "Im going to back track to the surface make sure the tunnel system is clear for her extraction."

The last place he wanted to be in again was a cramped underground cavern system that could colapse on them. Only recently escapeing hell he had no intention to go back again this soon.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Caitlin let's out a little snort at Talok's comment. "Yeah, well that much is obvious. the amount of energy you'd need to excite particles to the point where living tissue would melt like that is... tremendous, to say the least. Do you think she'd object to me taking some skin samples? I have a lab on my ship that specializes in genetics, I'm sure It's the best equipped to figure out how she did that. And yes, handshakes can well wait until we're back to relative safety, thanks." She says quickly, following directly behind Siphon, seeming to study the unconscious woman as they go.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

((Oh, let's start a little something, shall we? *grins*))

Finding the way back clear, Sho lets out something of a relieved sigh, her gazing going immediately back up toward the heavens as she cleared the last bit of the cave. Happy to leave the encasement of rock behind her, she pulls up a breeze, gratefully letting it brush past her face and stir her hair.

There were still flashes in the atmosphere above and she could feel the fight, though just barely. They were on the fringes of her senses. The rest of the winds were calm, though, as was the surface itself. Her gaze immediately went to seeking out the Wraith Queen they'd left behind to wreck havoc on the Bentari that didn't die in the caves.

All quiet. All good. Save figuring out what's going on with melting Bentari.

Her smiling and running a hand through her hair is likely the first thing Nova sees as he exits the cave, given he's the one making his way out first.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon only nodded to Nova, knowing the man could fend for himself if need be.

As he carried the new woman out, he could hear Talok reply to Caitlin's question.

"It is something you'll have to ask her when she wakes up, we can not make that decision for her."

Thor meanwhile had returned to his ship, then hailed both Ixack and the Prophet.

"This is Thor, we have managed to recover a single living woman from the surface who appears by all rights to be a living ancient. She is being returned to Siphon's ship, where she will undergo whatever medical treatment she requires. How have your ships fared?"

Sho found the Queen and her troops, tucked away in a sniper pattern, ready to unload if any more Bentari showed themselves.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ixack's voice came back over Thor's channel "Minor damage. Half my drones are fried, and we're about to start making some more. How has your ship fared, my friend?" he asks, still caught up with monitoring his ship. Thor might also be able to hear some muttering in the background in Protoss, but it was very low.

-------------------------------------------

The Shadow of Intent had been busying itself with scanning the many vessels, but quickly responded to Thor. "Then I believe a meeting is in order with this.........Siphon......person. Where is he now?"

N.O.V.A

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Stepping out into the sunlight Nova takes a deep breath of air and smiles.

'Damm its good to be alive again.' he thinks to himself. The stench of death filled the air as the loosers were strewn across the battlefield yet one scent caught his attation. looking over in the direction of the woman he sees a familiar face.

"Sho??" he speaks softly remembering his old schoolmate. he immediatly starts to walk towards her.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Caitlin nodded sagely at the response, seeming unconcerned. "Fair enough, I'll make do with what I have to help her until we know for sure, hmm?" She says, taking a small scanner out of a compartment and busying herself with that instead.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Hearing her name in a rather familiar voice, Sho turns toward the sound of it. Nova can see her eyes trailing over him, pinching a little in concern over the blood, but not as much as when they trail up to the scar that mars his face. A little half-smile pulls at the corner of her lips and she turns to walk closer to him.

She looks older than he likely remembers, not quite the schoolgirl from Gossamar Falls, but a lot of her features still remain the same, including the fact that he doesn't frighten her, even just out of battle as he is. If anything, she looks happy to see him.

"Shade," she says quietly. "Siphon said you were back." Something amuses her and the smile turns into a full on grin. "I suppose this is the part where I snag your ear and demand to know where you've been."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The reply came swiftly.

"He is currently on the surface, bringing her out into the open so they may beam back to his ship. I will arrange for a meeting as soon as possible."

Talok nodded to her once.

"Agreed. Now, let us get out of here before any more assholes show up shall we?"

Siphon carried the young woman out of the caves and into the open, where he waited for everyone else to catch up. Vanessa followed him, keeping her weapon ready if it was needed.

((When everyone on the surface is ready, make an OOC comment and I'll move this along to the next phase.))

N.O.V.A

Demon Girl
Reputation score

"I guess you could do that." he grins. "But i don't really think it approperate at this time."

He takes a moment to look over his ex. Every detail from his memory of the boarding school Sho brought a long missing warmth to his soul.

"wow you changed so much yet so little. I think the easiest way to explain, is that i was abducted by creatures of the infernal realm, forced into slavery by becomming a hitman, fought for my freedom, became a blade for hire and then woke up in Siphons ship."

He scratches his chin thinking of anything important to add.

"Thats all i can think of. How about your adventerous life."

He grins slightly as parts of his old personality came back.

(Im ready when your ready.)

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"I think there's a compliment in there somewhere," she says with a laugh as he speaks of her changing and yet not. She listens quietly as he gives a bare-bones explanation as to what happened to him.

"Well, I suppose that explains the up and leaving without notice. Consider yourself forgiven for that one." Given her expression, she was probably more worried than angry. He can also tell she's probably going to be prying for more information about what happened to him, but she knows this isn't the time or the place for it. Back on the ship will likely be better.

"Oh, same old, same old. Got to helping Siphon fight the good fight. Got kidnapped by a gou'ald and nearly made into a host. Siphon nearly blew me up during the rescue, but on the up side, I get to be telepathically linked to him to nag him any time I want." She rocks on her heels while she talks, glancing over in the direction of the cave, looking a bit relieved as more of the others start filtering out.

(Sho has been happily on the surface for a bit. Ready when you are.)

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

((Torben and his boys are still cloaked nearby. I'm ready.))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Caitlin follows Siphon and the unconscious woman up the entire way to the surface, muttering to herself as she fiddles with her scanner, looking a mix of confused and surprised at whatever she saw on it's readout. she caught bits and pieces of the conversations going on around her, but wasn't really paying much attention to them.

((Go for it, all well here.))

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nodding once, Siphon activated the transporter and beamed the entire group of them up to his own ship, including the mini ship Caitlin had landed in thanks to Thor having sent him coordinates to it.

After a moment, everyone reappeared in the medical facility of his ship. Gently he placed the young woman on one of the beds, then began to work on making sure she had no lingering injuries.

Caitlin's scans would return a genetic structure that was far more advanced than a human, in fact it was three times as densely coded. She also detected significantly higher traces of energy within the Mitochondria of the woman, which should not have been possible without causing her harm.

Meanwhile, on the surface, the Wraith began packing up their things, and began filtering out one by one.

Elsewhere, the Stargate activated with a whoosh, and a single man stepped out.

He was clad in strange clothing, carried a staff in one hand that lightly glowed, and only had one functioning eye. With purpose, he strode towards the village near by, as if he knew exactly where it was.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Caitlin visibly jumped when Siphon teleported both herself and her small ship, looking around a couple of times with her eyes focused on something else. Eventually, she just shrugged and turned back to her work, letting Siphon have the run of his medbay while she sat back and watched. The preliminary findings from her scans raised more questions than answers, but that didn't bother her at all. It was always like that.

N.O.V.A

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Nova looked around reflexively for targets but calmed himself down when he notticed the medical instruments. Finding a nearby wall to lean on he stood there arms crossed and observed everyones actions, makeing his pre first impressions on each individual. By now his eyes changed from their intense red to a calm blue and most of his injuries were well in the advanced stages of healing.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Once they were back on the ship, Sho seemed to relax a little. Being in the caves was one thing, being on the ship was something else entirely. It didn't have the same "closed in" feeling as the earth did.

Not much help in the medical department, she opted to go lean against the wall nearest to Shade. Transport beams had a habit of interrupting conversations. "So you...were just roaming around being a mercenary and then suddenly found yourself here?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((OK was gonna give a couple people a few to post but I guess they are waiting on me so ...))

Siphon finished his scans of the young woman, then stepped back.

"Well, there's nothing wrong with her physically save the fact that she just plain exhausted herself using all that energy in a short time frame today. I can say with relative certainty that she's free of any contagions as well. I suppose now we wait for her to wake up."

Meanwhile on the surface, the mystery man had entered the village, and lightly planted his staff in the ground before pulling some kind of book from under his cloak.

As curious onlookers watched, he began to read something from his book, some form of religious passage, which drew more onlookers every second.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"That's good news!" Caitlin said, not taking her eyes off her datapad. "How about we spend the time until she does wake up finding out what we all walked into? It looks rather important, I'd like to help out where I can."