Praise the Sun. (Mind Flayer)

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Praise the Sun. (Mind Flayer)

Don't worry, I have no problem making sure you feel pain for every inch of progress you make. Consider this a gift for helping the Siren. A voice called from within the trees, Myfiza diving out of him to stare in absolute rage and disbelief, his wispy body rippling with the force of the emotion. Luna was standing there as the sun began to sink fully and the moon peaked out above the horizon.

The Lady of the Moon sends her her condolences, thanks, and regrets Myfiza. Though my sisters bare you nothing but ill will. I will do Sehanine's bidding, and train this Okami with you. one last step to try and save our souls. Even now all of us move well beyond your grasp, and his, and anyone elses to our own seat of power. I foresee unbearable pain for everyone because of the damage you caused. But we will survive and rise more beautiful, and more terrible, then any force this earth has ever seen..... And we will turn it into a utopia for all peoples. I swear it. Stand and Deliver Ichiro. she said, taking an easy combat stance, one leg back, the other forward, hands raised slightly above her waist and open palmed. He could see her hands shimmering, as if wreathed in Silver.

In my presence, you will shift more easily. You must find serenity in fury. she continued, the moonlight bathing the clearing easily, making Ichiro's blood pulse.
Myfiza for his part sighed and grit his ephemeral teeth, before nodding and leaping from Ichiro to Luna. Luna this time, did not recoil from him, and they stood there together against him, while Ichiro could also feel the Sun boiling in his veins as Sola's touch called out to him. Stand in two worlds, as we did. Luna said quietly, once Ichiro had calmed enough to start, waiting for him to come at her with every ounce of his strength.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

As he stretched and got ready to get to it, Ichiro was taken aback as he saw Luna, and couldn't help but feel a bit... worried. After she'd spoken to Myfiza, who seemed to be terrified, Ichiro prepared himself and nodded to Luna when she regarded him. When he'd calmed his mind, and gotten ready, Ichiro nodded to her and moved in, swinging a mighty fist at her, letting himself start shifting and not trying to endure it, but embracing it as his temples pulsed in time with his heartbeat, knowing that he would shift soon. He couldn't help but feel a bit amused though, at Myfiza's reaction to Luna's presence, but her words rang in his head, which let him know that she was indeed Luna, because she knew what Myfiza had done and whatnot.

"How easy, will the shifting be? And can I retain my sanity, while going through it?" Ichiro asked calmly, hoping ht could, so he didn't hurt Agatha.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

The ease with which Luna blocked his first blow was almost laughable, and stunning to Ichiro. There was no strength emanating from her, and when she struck back, her palm striking his sternum firmly, there was no more strength in her arm, then any other person of athletic baring. It was certainly a forceful strike, but she was not the juggernaught she was before.

Her words rang in his mind. Serenity in Fury. And the only thing that brought Immediately to mind, was Kalt. He remembered her Constant, All Consuming Hatred and Rage... and how it had all bled off her instead of roared, cold, meticulous, dangerous. Impossibly so. She had been insane, but there was a hard and structured ordered there he knew full well, that he'd just been unable to see. The way she had struck at his weakest points, tortured him in the ways she knew would hurt him most.... There had been no mercy there, and not in the enraged berserking way most felt rage.

His blood howled however in such close proximity as he threw another punch, and again his blow was turned aside, Luna's palm rising suddenly to strike his wrist and turn him away from her, before she struck his ribs hard enough to stagger him slightly, stepping away while his bones began to crack and his body quickly began to Change. Accept the Anger, And the Rage, And the Fury, And the Power... But do not lost sight of who you are. What do you Want above all else Ichiro. Luna called to him as he changed, taking a step back and lowering her stance. Her motions were fluid, graceful, without a single hint of wasted energy. But all these shards had wielded immense power... How powerful was the Whole woman herself? Ichiro found himself wanting to know... Wanting to meet the woman who had triggered all of this simply by Being.... But it was not his deepest wish... Only Ichiro knew what his heart's desire was.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Ichiro was rather stunned that Luna stopped his blow so easily, and stumbled back when she hit him back, but was equally stunned that she'd done it without much in the way of strength, as she seemed literally no more powerful than him, at best. When she struck him again, after batting aside another blow, Ichiro took a step or two back, and growled as she asked him what he wanted. "I don't know what I truly want. Peace, revenge, justice, or simply to protect those I've come to love, I simply don't know. But... if I had to pick one, then... protecting those I've come to love, more than anything," Ichiro replied, ready to keep fighting.

"I suppose also, that I would eventually like to meet the whole... you, I guess. And that Giselle woman, on better terms than last time," Ichiro then said after a few moments of thought.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Protecting the ones you love... Striking down their enemies, those who would do them harm. It's a noble pursuit... Hold those you love in your mind above all others as the shift happens... Cling to it in the storm of your mind as you change, and you should be able to weather it... She said, though when he spoke of meeting the real her, he received a flash of an island, it's beaches white and well worn, an old island lush and green, obviously tropical.

His bones were literally melding now, his body taking the form his mind had only just started to slip into. He felt embarrassed at how easily this woman had turned him away, he felt even more so because he could feel Myfiza mocking him... he was watching Ichiro intently. Is this truly all the power a gladiator champion has? Was it all just luck? I was Slain by This? he seemed to say with his eyes. Hatred boiled up in Ichiro, thick, hot, like the blood of the earth waiting to explode free from a prison that was Ichiro's flesh in an eruption of malice and violence.

But Agatha rested in his mind, near his heart, quiet and peaceful, Vila was there. All the Paladins were... In his rage it was dark, the moon was high... But the sun was there, he only had to reach for the light and those he loved, those he wanted to protect, would protect him in turn... all the while, Luna waited.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Ichiro nodded when Luna told him to keep those thoughts firmly in mind as he began shifting, Agatha's and Vila's faces clear in his mind's eye. The other paladins were there too, though not so close as Agatha and Vila were. He even felt shards of Kylie there too, Kalt included, despite her practically torturing him before. Embarrassment was fresh in his mind too, that Luna had so easily batted his attacks aside, but he was holding his own, he felt, so it wasn't too embarrassing, thankfully.

"Kiss my ass, Myfiza. You try and fight her if you're so strong yourself," Ichiro shot back at the spirit, not taking his eyes off of Luna.

He had to focus, he knew, but in a pinch, it was tough to do so, when Luna was punching his ass. Ichiro reached out for Agatha and Vila, and the paladins, for the strength he needed to shift.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Luna for the most part just seemed confused and exasperated.

If you keep resisting, it's never going to happen. She said, stepping into Ichiro and shouldering a blow from him, only to let it carry her entirely around his arm, where a back handed fist struck his chin so hard he was taken clean to the ground. He could taste blood in his mouth.

However Luna was far from finished and struck him again while he was still recovering, the punch striking his chin and turn him sideways into the dirt where she glared down at him.

I'm no stronger then a human woman. You could rip apart a tree. If you wanted to. In terms of actual experience killing people you are a 15 years behind me and if you don't reach for strength I will kill you and discard your body. Did you show so little strength in the Arena?

He was in the arena? Hahahahahaha, how did he survive!? Pity? a voice called from the trees. The madman was there, hanging upside down from a branch.

If he dies can I cut up his woman? No one will own the DogWoman then right? he continued, Luna looking up in a moment's irritation before turning back to Ichiro, ignoring him.

Here DogMan, kill her with this he continued, throwing a knife down past his cheek so close it cut him, the crazed man cackling maniacally from above and Luna waited.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"I... I'm not fucking resisting. I simply don't know how I shifted before," Ichiro replied, before being knocked back and to the ground this time.

Spitting the blood out as Luna punched him in the chin, Ichiro, feeling the anger welling up within him, while keeping Agatha and Vila both centered in his mind, the anger surrounding their images, as if protecting them. Snarling as the knife was thrown at him, Ichiro ignored it and howled into the air as he felt himself shifting again, finally, where he dove at Luna and swung a mighty fist right into her face, swinging faster than he'd ever moved before, and faster than Luna could catch or dodge. After punching her, Ichiro jumped into the air and kicked her in the chest, knocking her back, before landing on all fours, and bounding after her, grabbing at her ankles to try and get a hold of her before she could get away, where he would fling her around into a tree.

"I... WILL NOT BE MOCKED BY ANYONE!!! AND NOBODY WILL TAKE MY AGATHA FROM ME YOU BASTARD!!!" Ichiro roared at them as he turned to look at where the voice came from the trees, baring his teeth and looking at the crazed man from before, where he reared back and with everything he had, punched the tree that the guy was in, shattering the bottom portion of the tree and tipping it over

Last edited:
OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

ichiro finally shifted and he would see Luna smile before he struck her, knocking her around, though his attempt to grab her again came up empty as she spun wildly on her back and sprung clean between his arms and over him. The madmean meanwhile clapped and cackled, rooting while Ichiro punched out the base of his tree.

What was surprising was that the man did... Nothing, about it. he simply fell with the tree and rolled out from the branches, cut up, banged up, but not as much as he should have been and seemingly entirely unaffected.

Sure he was bleeding from a few cuts, but he didn't seem to even notice them.

Luna quickly regained his attention however as a shattered piece of wood blazed passed him like a bullet and turning he'd see her with her arm outstretched, and several larger ones floating around like planets trapped in orbits, her body glowing brighter. If you are worthy of mockery, I shall give it to you Ichiro. Ignore Him. she said, the other pieces flying at the man like large missiles, forcing him to withdraw, though he never stopped laughing as he faded away and Luna scooped up several other pieces of wood to use as shield and weapon both, the knife the madman had thrown also peaking out from between them, orbiting her.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

After punching the tree the madman was in, Ichiro was... quite surprised that he did nothing at all as the tree fell. The crazy bastard didn't even seem to care about a few cuts that he'd gotten from the whole thing. Ichiro snapped his head back around to Luna, as she punched the piece of wood. "Fine then, come at me woman!" Ichiro growled at Luna.

Ichiro swung at Luna again, growling as he went for Luna's face with a balled up fist. Assuming he hit, Ichiro would follow that up with a swift kick to her midsection, to knock her back. "Come on Luna... let's really get this started!" Ichiro howled at Luna, throwing another punch, and then another, then a kick, trying to combo his attacks together.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Luna's face was serious now, and as he attacked in a flurry, the dirt behind him exploded in a violent wave with the force of his legs. In his mind he remembered how Myfiza had moved, and he could feel the shaman there, watching, while he aided Luna in weathering his assault. She was unable to block his blows anymore, she couldn't turn them aside with her bare flesh now and had to rely on the satellites she had brought into the air, using the solid object to deflect his combo just enough to survive it, but the powerful shard, or it's fading remnant perhaps, didn't get out unscathed.

She twisted and dipped, using her own motions to twist the floating stones and shattered wood around her into his path, having to dip and slide desperately to stay out of his reach, but she managed it all save a single open clawed strike which marred her face, leaving 3 long cuts from her ear to her jaw.

Ichiro didn't get out unscathed either as the blade she had taken lashed out and struck his own cheek to leave a cut as well. But she looked pleased. Come Ichiro, don't stop, you have to understand it all. she said seriously, while Myfiza had joined the fight, causing the underbrush to explode around them and giving Luna a place to hide in the thick brush, taking away Ichiro's eyes.

His rage didn't consume him, and he could practically feel Agatha behind him, stroking his muzzle, letting him take a deep breath, and then he understood fully as his sense of smell struck him like a brick. He knew exactly where Luna was, that didn't make her easier to hit, but she couldn't fully escape him when he was like this. Our ancestors were hunters Boy. Bathe in that legacy. the shaman's ghost said, standing before him with his arms crossed. If you truly mean to save those you can, I will guide you. Now hunt. Find that bloodlust that carried you this far. he said, shimmering in the grass while Luna was shifting around, watching him. She was hunting him, he had to turn it on her, put her back on the defensive.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Ichiro saw in his mind's eye how Myfiza had moved before, and while he didn't copy those movements exactly, he did mimic them to a degree. One step with his left foot, before Ichiro brought his right arm around in a hooking motion, slamming his balled up fist into the stone she was using to guard herself. The stone poofed into dust from the punch he made, and he brought his left arm into an uppercut into a piece of wood Luna was swirling about them both, splintering it into a couple of hundred splinters. Ichiro could tell that it was taking much of what Luna had left to keep up with him, and finally, he caught her with his claws, dragging them across her face.

As per Luna's words, Ichiro didn't stop, jerking his head to the opposite side the blade slashed across his cheek on, before swinging again, trying to claw at her shoulder in a sweeping half right hook, half uppercut. It was obvious on his face that he didn't want to hurt Luna, but he didn't let that thought deter him. When Myfiza burst the brush into life around them, helping Luna, whether it was intentional or not, made Ichiro growl angrily, but he kept his wits about him.

Feeling Agatha's hand on his face, Ichiro calmed down, and then... he smelled Luna's presence... he smelled her close by, and he knew where she was, because his nose would not betray him in his search, he knew. "Lust for blood... lust for the hunt... for victory over my prey. Lust for a lot of things," Ichiro muttered softly, before giving a rather possessive grope of Agatha's ass, as he kissed her cheek, before bounding off after Luna, letting his nose guide his steps towards her, sprinting through Myfiza's ghostly image as he went.

"Run all you like Luna... the brush will only protect and hide you so well," Ichiro called out, sniffing Luna out again, and moving towards her in a round about manner, to find the largest tree possible. Once at said tree, he positioned it between him and Luna, and jumped up, using his claws to grab hold of the tree, scaling it quickly, before leaping from tree to tree, maybe not silently, but certainly quickly, as he used both his nose and his eyes to find exactly where Luna was. Once sighted, he'd drop down after her, landing with a swipe of his claws at her, and hounding her relentlessly, throwing punches and claw swipes at her, until he was able to catch her enough to tackle her to the ground, where he would attempt to pin her down, both of his powerful hands on her wrists, as he growled a threat to Luna to submit, his teeth bared and near her throat.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

As he roamed through the trees, tracking Luna, he was unable to actually see her with his eyes. He always caught just the trailing ends of her motions. It was remarkable how quick she was and how quiet.

He finally got his chance and came roaring out of the trees, wood flying as trees became the victims of his onslaught, the moon shard only barely managing to dodge him now and with a level of grace that revealed how she had turned him away before. It was training, years and years of dedicated effort to the art of single combat that was letting her stay somewhat on par with his motions even though his eyes were having trouble following his own motions.

After they exchanged several blows, Luna unable to actually land a solid hit on him most of the time, he finally caught his opening and a vicious uppercut sent her flying back into the trees before she whistled loudly midair.

The madman was back and he was standing there quietly. No more laughter, no more smile. He stood there as silent as the grave. He made Ichiro's skin crawl. Why. Why would he do this, what had Luna planned and what did this man have to do with any of them.

Whatever it was, Ichiro knew he was about to experience first hand why this man made him feel like he did. Because unlike the rest of this battle so far, of Luna baiting and reacting... The man spoke, and he only had a few words to say. Standard Angle of Strike Deviation. 11 Degrees. Exercised Average Force is 870 Pounds per Square Inch.

He had been measuring every motion, every move, in a far more precise manner then anyone Ichiro knew of could have managed, and he suddenly flew at the shifted Okami. DODGE ICHIRO! Myfiza suddenly roared, actually looking worried. Something was off here.

Ichiro did try to dodge, and almost succeeded, but what he thought to be the strike, turned out to be a full meticulously planned rotation that not only followed Ichiro's seemingly unpredictable leap straight into the air to avoid him, but carried on. The first blow was a single blade handed strike to his sternum that Ichiro dodged by leaping but he wasn't aiming for the Okami, but the tree behind him. The seemingly entirely mundane strike actually splitting the trunk and causing the tree to fall around Ichiro to either side, pinning him in a small attack zone while the madman leapt and 1 dodge and 2 blocks later had managed to land a spinning kick to Ichiro's side that sent him flying.

The man was waiting for him, balanced perfectly between the sides of the split tree, which had wedged into the crook of another's branches, and he tilted his head.

Calculable maximum speed, 60 meters per second. A change in tactic is warranted. he said, shifting his stance while a set of runes along his body crackled with a dim red light. They weren't tattoos, they were open scars, brands, like someone had burned the marks into his flesh against his will but they were his to use now.

Kailos! Your Goal is not to kill him! Teach Him! Luna called angrily, Kailos turning and nodding ever so slightly, before half the runes went dark and silent. Whatever power he had summoned, he'd halved it and again he made the first move, though this time rather then try to land blows, each time he struck he seemed to be trying to guide Ichiro's own counterblows into the right places for maximum lethality. A strike to his chest was struck upwards towards his throat, a blow to his head was lowered somewhat to his jaw while Kailos was letting the blows turn him rather then truly impact. They continued like this for over 4 hours, Ichiro's blood running hotter every minute, before the shifting finally left him and he was left exhausted. Truly drained.

The Madman, Kailos, stepped forward and looked him over, slowly letting his smile spread back over his face. You learn quickly. You fight Well. This will be more fun Then I originally anticipated. What will you do with Kailos the Ghost I wonder... What will you do? he said, reaching back to hand Ichiro a water skin.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

When Ichiro finally knocked Luna back with his uppercut, after the savage exchange between the two, he was panting heavily, not from exhaustion, but his rage. After the crazed man made his reappearance though, Ichiro stopped cold for the moment, and stared back at him. Ichiro didn't need to be told twice by Myfiza, when he screamed at him to dodge, with Ichiro jumping to the side, where the man's fist struck the tree behind him, and after a brief exchange, Ichiro was hurtling through the air, thinking to himself. "What the fuck just happened?"

After landing, Ichiro was back on his feet and ready to keep going, not about to give up after just one exchange with the guy. When Luna called out, Ichiro figured it out, that Luna, or someone working with her, was the one that called this guy out here. After watching his runes fading from his skin somewhat, Ichiro bashed his fists together and moved back in, preparing to continue fighting. He would throw several punches, and swipe his claws out at this... Kailos guy, whoever he was, before getting punched again himself.

Over the next four hours of their fight, anytime Ichiro got knocked down, he would get back up, not backing down, no matter what. At this point, it was a matter of pride, and he refused to let himself give up. After they were finally through, and Ichiro collapsed from exhaustion, he stared up at Kailos and took the waterskin when it was offered, drinking half of it down, and splashing a bit on his face.

"F-Fucking hell... what are you?" Ichiro asked, still panting like crazy, as he glanced over to Agatha to make sure she was okay.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Agatha was fine, and Vila was tangled in her hair holding it like reins. she'd been jumping up and down nervous as hell the entire time Ichiro had fought but they both looked relieved.

When Ichiro asked What Kailos was, Luna stepped forward. Kailos is what happens when forbidden knowledge is taken too Far. He was a Prisoner of the State and the Rose for some time now, though before one could say he was the brightest mind in the city. she said, Kailos turning to her and bowing.

He turned back to Ichiro I am Kailos Terranus Itherian, Son of Praetor Itherian and STILL head of the Garellian Grand Hall of Knowledge, The greatest Library this world will ever forget and it's truths will never be known. I was the Librarian of the University as well as the personal consultant of Terra and First Keeper of the Storm Priests. Who knew! You get mad and Kill a bunch of people and they throw you in prison!! I was shocked. Yes I was. I am... Quite Mad. He explained, his voice starting out level before his inner demon jester slipped free and he started to ramble again, that smile back in place.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Finding both Agatha, and Vila fine, Ichiro breathed a bit easier, as he sat there. "Oh? So in a way, he's like that... Kylie woman? The one that Giselle was trying to save," Ichiro asked Luna curiously, taking another drink of the water as he raised up. "W-Wait... Praetor's your father? Praetor of the paladins?" Ichiro asked after Kailos spoke, looking incredulously at the man.

After a few moments, Ichiro got back to his feet and sighed, making his way over to sit on one of the overturned trees, and patting the tree next to him as he looked over at Agatha, wrapping an arm around her when she came over. "How long ago were you imprisoned?" Ichiro asked curiously.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kylie woman? No no no. You see, I was born naturally. I am human, merely blessed by big books and dark magics of my own hand..... I summoned demons and devils and demanded secrets, I had the marks of that knowledge burned into my flesh. Mastery of human knowledge grew boring. He said, laughing wildly.

Luna bowed her head. Kylie is the misguided creation of a fallen god. Made to house the god in a body that could whether his invasion of her soul. Myfiza answered, looking very grim about that. If it is true that her potential host has been struck down, then I have no reason anymore to hunt her. Even like this. he explained. Luna meanwhile was looking very tired, very drained. Our time was short Vessel shard. I shall care for him diligently. Go to your rest and home Echo of what could have been. he said gently, slipping from Luna's body. The shard of Kylie actually smiled at him slightly and waved at Ichiro, before she faded into dust on the wind and was gone. Kailos snorted. Never in my own darkest dreams and depths of insanity would I create something so dangerous. Never. he said, before he remembered Ichiro's other question. 14 years. This.... event, facilitated my escape. You must accept my madness if you wish my assistance.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"I see... well, I don't know much about your past, and frankly I don't really care what you might have done, so long as you don't wrong me, or mine," Ichiro told Kailos, before looking back to Luna as Myfiza spoke. "And I didn't know all of that, or maybe I just forgot in my rage the other day," Ichiro said as Luna disappeared, with him waving one last goodbye to her, forevermore.

Looking back to Kailos, Ichiro nodded. "Well, we're all a little crazy, in our own way, I've always thought," Ichiro said, smirking at Kailos, before looking back to Agatha. "Well Agatha, are you okay? Vila?" Ichiro asked the two, feeling his stomach rumbling, and aching for food.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Vila immediately smashed her tiny fairy self into Ichiro's face, hugging him fiercely and crying THAT WAS SO SCA-SCA-SCA-SCAAAARY! WHAAAAAA HAHAHAHAAA AHHHH ITCHY!!! she sobbed, overreacting to an extreme degree while Agatha breathed a sigh of relief and strode forward to peel the wriggly sprite off his face so she could kiss him.

Myfize snorted and hid himself. Damned pixies.

Kailos laughed though and sauntered away for now. Ichiro was pretty damned sure the madman would find him himself.

Agatha meanwhile was still kissing him. Is it wrong that seeing you like that turned me on.... she whispered, shivering and winking at him.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Oh Vila... I'm just fine. Sore, but fine... well, mostly. I think I cracked my knuckles on those trees a bit. But other than that, I'm fine," Ichiro told Vila, peeling her off his face and hugging her as best he could, considering their differences in size.

"I don't think it's wrong, no. Do you think it's wrong, Agatha?" ichiro replied to his lover's words, pulling her up close and kissing her, holding Vila in his left hand and kissing her on the top of her little head too.