What's new

RPG Fantia Active [raredrop100] Yume no swimmer

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I would imagine there's something lost in translation but perhaps it's some sort of illusion to something consuming or distracting from the normal story/plot/narrative of someone's life with the whole MC being dropped into a strange world rather than the image of something consuming someone's dreams? But who knows.

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Knowing the internet, calling someone dead is usually about activity, not physicality.

But yeah, really shit timing, deleting all his media accounts to prep for release and THEN falling ill. I wonder why he changed the name though, I much prefer dreameater over narrativeater.
Well, there was a game also called dreameater that had launch their demo last few month, I guess that he don't want to get into legal issue so he change his game's name to avoid problems.

TalonHK3

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
He made that fantia account the moment he left twitter. The problem is he never posted anything on it

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
He made that fantia account the moment he left twitter. The problem is he never posted anything on it
That Fantia account predates the Twitter account - where do you think most of the previous demos were posted? The problem is that all of the previous posts were deleted in one the previous purges and hasn't posted anything new other than changing the status messages / metadata.

TalonHK3

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
That Fantia account predates the Twitter account - where do you think most of the previous demos were posted? The problem is that all of the previous posts were deleted in one the previous purges and hasn't posted anything new other than changing the status messages / metadata.
I unno I got them off of various places, like direct links since he's had three twitters which he nuked. And that's just from when I'd been watching him!

dtta

Demon Girl
Reputation score
in his fantia he updated "I am recovering from illness. I am alive 2020.05.23 ". boys we are not lost.

aass121270

Reputation score
I have been making games since 2013. sorry. I am recovering from illness. I am alive 2020.05.23
2013年よりゲームを制作しています。 病状を見ながらの制作で時間がかかってごめんなさい。 2020年5月23日現在生きています。

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
You forgot the most important part.
"Game engine changed from "RPG MAKER VXAce" to "UNITY" & "RPG MAKER MV" "
Which is good because I doubt vxa could've handled what he was trying to do.

mimic22

Reputation score
Unity and MV ?

How ? I mean, one or the other i can understand, but both ?

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Unity and MV ?

How ? I mean, one or the other i can understand, but both ?
That was my thought as well. Raredrop's mentioned doing something in Unity before when they had a Twitter, but it was restricted to just the opening. So I guess it could be the opening movie is rendered in Unity in a separate executable and the actual game is in MV? Alternatively Unity does support export into a web-player. I guess you could probably embed that into MV, somehow, as MV is a glorified browser. I have no idea how you'd get the two to talk to each other (I'm not sure that Unity has an API here, or if it would require disassembling that ASM.js or WASM or whatever Unity's web-player backend exports).

While there's a lot of interesting content in this project, again it does seem that Raredrop doesn't really know what they're doing with the technical aspects...

mimic22

Reputation score
I predict four years and 3 disappearances of him before the game is released.

In the timeline where the game is released of course -_-

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So some info for those who don't/can't read the Twitter (assuming I'm reading it right):

1) Raredrop is still in hospital, and has been since January, so there's no current plans
2) The multiple engines appear to be due to the rights of the assets for RPGMaker only being licensed for distribution in RPGMaker games, but being far too useful to pass up when making an RPG in Unity. If so this is a rather creative interpretation of the rules: distribute an MV game which the Unity game can pull the assets from. I'm not sure if the game engines will be integrated more than that.

mimic22

Reputation score
So some info for those who don't/can't read the Twitter (assuming I'm reading it right):

1) Raredrop is still in hospital, and has been since January, so there's no current plans
2) The multiple engines appear to be due to the rights of the assets for RPGMaker only being licensed for distribution in RPGMaker games, but being far too useful to pass up when making an RPG in Unity. If so this is a rather creative interpretation of the rules: distribute an MV game which the Unity game can pull the assets from. I'm not sure if the game engines will be integrated more than that.
The second news is a good news, because it was confusing.

Let's hope that his situation go better in the futur.

srankstrum

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Speaking of Unity/RPGMaker, I know there was one other H-game which used both called It had the RPGMaker UI, tilesets and controls but switched to a 3D tower defense-like game for battles that were controlled with the keyboard and mouse; I remember finding the whole thing really strange.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Uh, if anyone's curious, Raredrop said a lot of things in the last day-
There's a lot of it so if you want to goolag translate do it yourself.

kingbloo123

Demon Girl
Reputation score
HA your going to have to enjoy the blueballs cuase idk if he going to release this game anytime soon in ever.