What's new

[WIP - Full] RE186190 Seed of Evil Full ENG Translation

FargoonU

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: RE186190 Seed of Evil Full ENG Translation

I like that there is another translator working.

I will wait for the release and juudging from peoples point of view I may support the patreon.

I surf through the DL site and have seen a lot of games that I would like to be translated so I do Hope you find Success.

I have already started to follow you on patreon ! :)

Mrgrgr!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So you have no achievements & experience to show for but you set up a Patreon & decided to only release the content to people who pay you?

Interesting... at least people know that you are all about the money right? Judging by the amount of "xD's", "^^'s" and obvious flaws in your fraudulent scheme I question if you are even old enough to play these games.

Do you usually pay for something without knowing anything about the product itself? Really?

Not only that you are using the game size to determine the "tier" of the release? You realize that the game size has barely anything to do with the quantity of the content and is mostly affected by the art?
So you expect 10 bucks for a game with good art but are okay with 3 bucks for a game which may takes 20 hours to finish but has mediocre art?
Makes sense. Protip: Read this forum to learn some basic things about RPG maker games & don't abuse it for profit.

But the worst of all: You are a criminal. Ever heard of intellectual property or in this case a downright copyright infringement?

Let's be real here. Most people have "illegaly" downloaded something and some may argue about it but what you are doing is crossing the "grey area".

Would be one thing to release it for free but this is essentially a crime since you are stealing their content, modify it and resell it to people.

It's also 100% against the forum rules as far as I know since it's obviously illegal. Not to mention the simple rule:

"Note that threads made here MUST include a translation. ANY request threads for a translation WILL BE DELETED.

If you wish to make a request, go to the appropriate stickied thread."

You are not offering a partial you are just trying to bait some good willed people.

I'll also contact the developer of the game & Patreon support... You may thank me for closing down your illegal scheme now before you actually get sued and are even deeper in the mud and mommy needs to pay a huge legal fee to bail you out.

This guy is the opposite of a real hero like M1zuki who releases the patches for free and just accepts donations. Not to mention that M1zuki translated so much before even setting up a Patreon.

Mod please close this thread for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

lkkyo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

So you have no achievements & experience to show for but you set up a Patreon & decided to only release the content to people who pay you?

Interesting... at least people know that you are all about the money right? Judging by the amount of "xD's", "^^'s" and obvious flaws in your fraudulent scheme I question if you are even old enough to play these games.

Do you usually pay for something without knowing anything about the product itself? Really?

Not only that you are using the game size to determine the "tier" of the release? You realize that the game size has barely anything to do with the quantity of the content and is mostly affected by the art?
So you expect 10 bucks for a game with good art but are okay with 3 bucks for a game which may takes 20 hours to finish but has mediocre art?
Makes sense. Protip: Read this forum to learn some basic things about RPG maker games & don't abuse it for profit.

But the worst of all: You are a criminal. Ever heard of intellectual property?

Let's be real here. Most people have "illegaly" downloaded something and some may argue about it but what you are doing is crossing the "grey area".

Would be one thing to release it for free but this is essentially a crime since you are stealing their content, modify it and resell it to people.

It's also 100% against the forum rules as far as I know since it's obviously illegal. Not to mention the simple rule:

"Note that threads made here MUST include a translation. ANY request threads for a translation WILL BE DELETED.

If you wish to make a request, go to the appropriate stickied thread."

You are not offering a partial you are just trying to bait some good willed people.

I'll also contact the developer of the game & Patreon support... You may thank me for closing down your illegal scheme now before you actually get sued and are even deeper in the mud and mommy needs to pay a huge legal fee to bail you out.

This guy is the opposite of a real hero like M1zuki who releases the patches for free and just accepts donations. Not to mention that M1zuki translated so much before even setting up a Patreon.

Mod please close this thread for obvious reasons.
finally some one who understands things :)

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

He's not posted in a while. According to his patreon post he should be nearly finished. I'll hold of judgment until it's released or he posts something. I don't plan on paying for it though because like the post above said it's not right to charge.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This whole situation reminds me of that guy that promised 2-3 translations in less than a month or something... Hopefully he's not the same guy trying to milk money from anyone he can...

OP
EvilSensei

EvilSensei

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

OK...
So I have been busting my ass for more than a month so i can release before the end of February ( I have like 70% of the game translated ). I didn't check on the forum for a while, cuz i saw there was no point to.
Now, I open and see all this... like wtf ! I won't even bother answering all that.
I can't deny that some of it is true, the hole payment thing. I thought about it and decided to lower a lot and to make another tier game ( Tier 0 games, basically, the translation will be free for all. You can read the Important part on my patreon page...)
But you know what... fuck this shit. I'm going to finish the translation and release it on ulmf for all and just move on.
I'm out !

Hantaboy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

No need to be upset. If you want to make some cash from translations what I understand, you could make it with staying inside the grey zone.

First make your full/finished translations free (what you already said by tier 0). But this doesn't mean you need to drop it out to everybody when its finished. I don't know which way you translate (from chapters to chapter, or from maps to maps, or another way), but if you made a system you could made profit.

E.g: You translate the game by its story (like Virgin Protection Magic http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=28226&highlight=virgin ) and when you finish a chapter you release it to tier 3 patreons. When next chatper finished you release the prev to tier 2 patreons, a.s.o. When the game finished, every tier has that version wich is own tier, and you will made accesable to lower tiers each week. Finally you will post it out to everybody. This system give you money from people who can't wait, and/or want you support.

If you can't made the upper situation, because its complicated, or the game to complex for it you can made this: Finish the translation of the game. When finished post it to tier 3 supporters. After a week (or 10-14 days) start lowering tiers. Finally abouth a mount everybody will be acces your translation. Similar systam as above, who support you, will get translations earlyer.

PS: English is not my native language, so maybee something came out otherwise then I tought, this case i will try write that more correctly.

archedio

Sex Demon
Reputation score

No need to be upset. If you want to make some cash from translations what I understand, you could make it with staying inside the grey zone.
that is still crossing the grey zone..
pirating is one thing, but if u use it to make money, its going to be complicated.

why do you think most of the translator in ulmf releasing the translation for free? just think about it.

OR, u can do it like Yummy Tiger, who BUY the script from the original author, modified it, then sell it .. profit !

note : my english worse than u :)

Neluor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

To the people bashing OP: A lot of your points are indeed valid, especially the legal issue with selling translations, but don't discourage a potential translator without giving him even the chance to prove himself and his work.
To OP: Don't expect people to pay you money without proving yourself first. Nobody knows anything about the quality of your work yet, so my advise is, release the translation for free and see where things go from there.

OR, u can do it like Yummy Tiger, who BUY the script from the original author, modified it, then sell it .. profit !
A question, where did you read YT bought the script from the original author? I've never heard that before.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, though people did write a lot of things, I don't think it's wrong to be skeptic about anything you encounter in your life. Sure, you faced harsh criticism, but it's only natural that people will initially doubt you, especially since there are tons of people out there that try to literally rip money from the wallets of others without giving anything back. I do believe that, since you claim to be a teacher too, you should reply to them in a more mature way. That outburst really isn't fitting for a person of your academic knowledge.

rizo

Reputation score

He deleted his patreon? I can't seem to find it, and it's not in the first post. I still hope he finishes the translation this game looks fun.

Mrgrgr!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

He deleted his patreon? I can't seem to find it, and it's not in the first post. I still hope he finishes the translation this game looks fun.
As I said: I contacted Patreon and the circle itself and informed them. That was a few days ago... either that or he did it himself.
This guy claims to be an English teacher and his spelling & writing style is horrible. Even I as an non native English speaker can notice that. I could just take his last message and tell you the mistakes an ENGLISH TEACHER should have avoided.
Let me "play" Teacher like this guy and try to correct some of the stuff using the fearsome red marker and explaining what mistakes he did. I could use some work on my own English and it may actually improve my own mistakes in the future. Feel free to do the same for my posts! I'm not claiming to be an English teacher though so it wouldn't bother me.

"OK...
So I have been busting my ass for more than a month so i can release before the end of February ( I have like 70% of the game translated ). I is written big and not small + wrong use of spaces. There is also no subject in your sentence... weird. You might want to "release the translation or release the patch... you get the message.
I didn't check on the forum for a while, cuz i saw there was no point to. "the forum" or "messages on the forum" should be used. This sounds foreign & weird. I also think most Teachers would avoid the use of internet teeny speak and use words like cuz and write I small again... seems to be a real lack of knowledge and not a small mistake or typo.
Now, I open and see all this... like wtf ! I won't even bother answering all that. I open? You are missing some subjects there "Teacher". Also wrong use of the space bar my friend... again.
I can't deny that some of it is true, the hole payment thing. There seems to be a hole in your mind....
I thought about it and decided to lower a lot and to make another tier game ( Tier 0 games, basically, the translation will be free for all. You can read the Important part on my patreon page...) Verb, subject, object... you should learn the basics of the language you are claiming to teach. Again you raped the space bar... and the , bar. Patreon is a name so write it with a big P pal. I also like to use "..." you shouldn't forget to do a fourth . though so you actually end your sentence... pro tip.
But you know what... fuck this shit. I'm going to finish the translation and release it on ulmf for all and just move on.
I'm out ! Cool! Do that then and we can see how good your English skills really are. I'm expecting hilarious things!
"

I hate speculating and spreading rumors but I have doubts on so many levels... I can't believe some people being so incredibly optimistic about this guy... especially after what happened not too long ago with new "translators" asking for money on Patreon.

Worst thing is that the reputable ones suffer and there are so many talented & altruistic translators out there.

Last edited:

Scooglecops

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This is getting complicated! I hope that all of this gets resolved..

zipetya

Reputation score

Oh, come on now... Don't bash the poor guy into oblivion.

I didn't even know about the Patreon page; and I don't claim to know anything about the potential legal consequences of making things "pay-per-view" only. I just hope we didn't scare away a TL enthusiast. xD
Isn't there a system that would simply let "patrons" make donations if they so choose - that would be the best of both worlds, wouldn't it?

Still, I hope he finishes.

Also, since you gave a lob Mr. GrGr, I'm gonna smash it. ;P Being a non-native speaker myself -also looking for improvement-, 'improve my mistakes' just sounds... Wrong, I guess? Or is it just me?
Making bigger and better mistakes. (?)
(I could be completely in the wrong here, though...)

Anyways. Carry on, people!

ponyguy3000

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well... This went places. Places I was not expecting.

archedio

Sex Demon
Reputation score

A question, where did you read YT bought the script from the original author? I've never heard that before.
YT said it him self, u can ask him directly if u still dont believe it, OR u can ask the game's original author them self

game : ( [RJ131569]Hunter Quest ~Aina's Fighting Story RPG~)

note : this is not the 1st time the translator bought the game's script, for ex : Ghost Town Gunsweeper english version released by nutaku
thread : http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=29813

Last edited:

Mrgrgr!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Small update:

To those guys who just want a translation... I'm sorry. But I refuse to watch when something like this takes place. As I mentioned I contacted Patreon & the circle and I just noticed that circle hasoyua has answered me (on twitter :p). So that's apparently why his Patreon is offline.

Anyway I'm done with this thread & this guy now. I hope you all get your translation sooner or later.

Attachments