What's new

RPG RPG Maker Loli [リーフジオメトリ] SEQUEL kludge [RJ329602]

Kinsei

Reputation score
This boss was actually really fun and challenging, which... I feel like is kind of a first for this series. I don't recall Blight's very well, but I do recall beating it on the first try. I do remember absolutely stomping Awake's and Colony's though. Anyway, this might be a bit late, but...

I used that exact same party, but two levels higher. The level difference isn't that big of a deal, I don't think, but it might cause some issues depending on how your Faria's skills are set up. Note in these screenshots that I have an extra skill point from the level I got off of actually beating her.

For equipment, you're gonna want your accessories to cover Stun and Confusion, as she'll inflict one, then the other. I also recommend having Lost One's Toy on Yubeil so that she can attack on the one turn she wants to also defend on.

Like the final optional boss of Blight, Vyner's attack pattern is completely set. She'll do the same actions, in the same order, every time.

Turn 1: Saint-Hierarch buff
Turn 2: Single-target attack that hits twice
Turn 3: Full-party attack that hits three times
Turn 4: Charge her next attack
Turn 5: Full-party attack that hits once for massive damage
Turn 6: Full-party Max SP debuff

And she then rinses and repeats. Once you deplete her HP, she refills it to full and has two turns of invincibility (for the rest of the turn after you depleted her HP and the turn after). This doesn't count as her action for a turn, so she'll still stick to her pattern regardless. You need to deplete her HP... I want to say four times total, but it might be three. After she first revives, you can kind of make out how many more revives she has in the bottom-left corner of the unremovable buff she gets.

The key things to note here are:
- Her Saint-Hierarch buff is removable. I recommend either preempting a Shit Bomb on the turn of with one of the units you know is going to move slower than her (usually Yubeil and Faria) or having Kuu throw it the turn after (his AGI should be high enough that he's always going first).
- Make sure Yubeil's taunt is up for the Turn 2 attack and use You Do It, Mr. Puppet on those turns.
- Use Area Defense on both of the full-party attacks; the rest of the party can do whatever they want with relative impunity on the Turn 3 attack, but they all need to be defending as well on the Turn 5 attack.
- Try to have Kuu keeping everyone's HP topped off as much as possible. Even with this setup, there are some close calls, especially if her Turn 5 attack crits.
- You're probably gonna run low on SP eventually. I recommend bringing some items to replenish it. And, y'know, Shit Bombs.

The rest should be business as usual for this team.

I'm actually kind of curious... Uh... if anyone beats her and is feeling more brave than I, what happens if you pick the second option during the ending? 😅

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I CANT BELIEVE THAT THE RAT SPY CANT BE A BACHELORETTE.

BOX_SENPAI

Reputation score
This boss was actually really fun and challenging, which... I feel like is kind of a first for this series. I don't recall Blight's very well, but I do recall beating it on the first try. I do remember absolutely stomping Awake's and Colony's though. Anyway, this might be a bit late, but...

I used that exact same party, but two levels higher. The level difference isn't that big of a deal, I don't think, but it might cause some issues depending on how your Faria's skills are set up. Note in these screenshots that I have an extra skill point from the level I got off of actually beating her.

For equipment, you're gonna want your accessories to cover Stun and Confusion, as she'll inflict one, then the other. I also recommend having Lost One's Toy on Yubeil so that she can attack on the one turn she wants to also defend on.

Like the final optional boss of Blight, Vyner's attack pattern is completely set. She'll do the same actions, in the same order, every time.

Turn 1: Saint-Hierarch buff
Turn 2: Single-target attack that hits twice
Turn 3: Full-party attack that hits three times
Turn 4: Charge her next attack
Turn 5: Full-party attack that hits once for massive damage
Turn 6: Full-party Max SP debuff

And she then rinses and repeats. Once you deplete her HP, she refills it to full and has two turns of invincibility (for the rest of the turn after you depleted her HP and the turn after). This doesn't count as her action for a turn, so she'll still stick to her pattern regardless. You need to deplete her HP... I want to say four times total, but it might be three. After she first revives, you can kind of make out how many more revives she has in the bottom-left corner of the unremovable buff she gets.

The key things to note here are:
- Her Saint-Hierarch buff is removable. I recommend either preempting a Shit Bomb on the turn of with one of the units you know is going to move slower than her (usually Yubeil and Faria) or having Kuu throw it the turn after (his AGI should be high enough that he's always going first).
- Make sure Yubeil's taunt is up for the Turn 2 attack and use You Do It, Mr. Puppet on those turns.
- Use Area Defense on both of the full-party attacks; the rest of the party can do whatever they want with relative impunity on the Turn 3 attack, but they all need to be defending as well on the Turn 5 attack.
- Try to have Kuu keeping everyone's HP topped off as much as possible. Even with this setup, there are some close calls, especially if her Turn 5 attack crits.
- You're probably gonna run low on SP eventually. I recommend bringing some items to replenish it. And, y'know, Shit Bombs.

The rest should be business as usual for this team.

I'm actually kind of curious... Uh... if anyone beats her and is feeling more brave than I, what happens if you pick the second option during the ending? 😅
Well when you try the second option the game simply says NO

Kinsei

Reputation score
Well when you try the second option the game simply says NO
Hahahaha. That's about what I figured it would do, just hit me with a "But Thou Must!". Appreciate the confirmation though.

Kinsei

Reputation score
So I'm almost done with my 100% playthrough of the game, but, as seems to be a running theme with this series, I'm just being straight hard-walled by who I assume is the final optional boss (Combined Mechagod). Unlike previous SEQUEL games, though, there doesn't appear to be a way to grind stat-up items and just brute force the fights, so the game obviously expects you to be able to win with what you're given. I'm not sure how with the amount of HP this thing has. I don't think I've ever even gotten it below 75%, even on my longest-lasting run.

Everything seems to go relatively fine until I get to the anti-grav part of the fight, which I've figured out is basically the equivalent of Pokemon's Trick Room, but even knowing how it works, I can't seem to figure out a way to survive through it. You can get rid of the effect by killing its adds, but if you don't have said effect during one of its attacks, it's a guaranteed OHKO. Every time I get this far it's usually just a matter of my team either slowly petering out or getting to the point where I can't stop the massive AoE attack from just wiping the party out all at once.

Anyone got any tips or strategy for this thing?

Yilin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The SEQUEL series is probably up there as one of the top indie JRPGs. Not JRPG H-games mind you, but JRPGs as a whole. The sheer quality and continuous improvements (QoL, streamlining but without over-simplifying) throughout the series is astounding. It takes the concept of puzzle battles and builds around it perfectly. All bosses have a set rotation so you're always learning with every attempt and rarely RNG-dunked.

That said, I'm not hardcore enough to do the optional stuff so I usually consider the game cleared when I've hit 100% monster/event log.

There's a comprehensive guide for every SEQUEL game albeit japanese-only (scroll to the very bottom of the below links), useful for learning the bosses' rotations and preplanning your teamcomp/moves. In terms of Kludge's final optional boss, the below links might be useful if you can parse a bit of japanese/run the thing through MTL.

The boss's stats and rotation:
A possible team comp (Dita, Yolnaya, Yubeil, Lusica) and turn-by-turn play with Lv150 and no loops/stat-up fruits used:

Last edited: