What's new

[Complete - Full] [RJ139385] Rune's Pharmacy

SirMalo

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: [RJ139385] Rune's Pharmacy

I don't mind if this was the last update. Live goes on, right? ;)

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I don't mind if this was the last update. Live goes on, right? ;)
Normally I'd agree, but he was so close to finishing it would be a shame for it not to be completed.

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm still here. I think my next update should be next weekend, otherwise the one after that, and with v1.12.

rizo

Reputation score

I'm still here. I think my next update should be next weekend, otherwise the one after that, and with v1.12.
I knew you were still here :)
So I can be hyped for next weekend hopefully now :) thanks, gives me something else to be hyped for :) Might I ask how much you think will be translated in the upcomming patch?

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I don't really know, but I'm hoping to get everything in the "Common Events" file translated so that I don't have to deal with non-RPGMakerTrans translations -_-.

rizo

Reputation score

Oh that's cool :) It's nearly complete mate, just stick with it and you'll have a complete translation on your hands soon :p
Keep up the great work :)

zirpcev

Demon Girl
Reputation score

*Lurking intensifies*

This game looks like it could be actually fun as well as erotic, so I'm holding out until you're done. Keep up the good work!

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey, there's a new quest! It's a guy in the slums looking for drugs. Go figure. Looks like the bunny quest still doesn't exist though... Maybe the developer just forgot about it, similar to the other bugs that I found here and there. In fact, one of the new H-scenes seems to be connected to the quest, but since the quest doesn't exist, the H-scene can't be accessed either o_O. Also, a lot of the rarer items (mostly the metals) have a description now, so it's not so awkward anymore :).

I did a lot of work for this update, so much in fact, that the H-scene completion went up from 39% to... *drum roll* 49%!!!! :O "But hoofiewoofie, why so little?" you may ask. Well as it turns out, the new scenes in v1.11 and v1.12 are about twice as long as usual... However, that means that for my next update the completion rate will shoot up because I've finally reached the comparatively short H-scenes.

On other topics, I've noticed that sometimes it takes a lot longer than I expect to translate a scene, so I wondered about how long it would take if I were fluent. And so I thought, if I could take 5 seconds to (1) read, (2) instantly translate, and (3) write one line of dialogue, that still means the average scene takes 20 minutes to translate... Currently about a fourth of the lines I can do in that time frame (as in, "AHH! Oha' UUUu- IYAAAAaaAAAA"). It would probably be even faster if there weren't so many A's... my poor A key... ... a third of text I would spend a good 20 seconds (give or take 20 more) just thinking how to properly word into english (who would have thought you needed a thesaurus to translate?), and the last group is "... the heck does this mean..." (In this update: "体の芯までピンク色の妄想で出来たエッチモンスターなんです" - "I'm a perverted monster at my core that comes up with pink fantasies?" What?). I'm just glad it only takes a fraction of the time to proofread before I upload a new update for everyone :D. It turns out my error rate is pretty low. In fact, this is the first time I typoed on a heart symbol... o_O. For those who don't know, that's \\i[144] and its variations.

In case you're wondering why I'm bothering with time analysis, it's just that I'm trying to see if I can really meet my self-imposed end-of-year deadline. If I predict I can't make it, I'll go slower, and if I predict I can, I'll go faster, if that makes sense to you.

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

(In this update: "体の芯までピンク色の妄想で出来たエッチモンスターなんです" - "I'm a perverted monster at my core that comes up with pink fantasies?" What?).

Just translate it to "lewd" or something.

rizo

Reputation score

only an extra 10% on h-scenes, a bit sad about that but it's nice to know the next update in the future will have more done as they won't be as long to translate. :) Will give it a go later on when I get the time. Thanks for the update and keep up the good work.

Nidjo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

*Lurking intensifies*

This game looks like it could be actually fun as well as erotic, so I'm holding out until you're done. Keep up the good work!
I still hold my opinion that the game has one of the best artists I've seen to date. This one's a keeper.

igotnostuffs

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Just noticed that some texts are so squeezed together that its impossible/hard to read them.

Happens when it detects that the text wont fit inside so it 'cleverly' squeezes them, problem though is that it got so squeezed that it becomes unreadable.

I added an attachment to a script that tries to fix it and also something else
- Made it use the default font since it squeezes much better
- Added Fullscreen++
- Added Text Cache

Scripts used:
Fullscreen++ -
Text Cache -

Thanks for the translation

Attachments

Last edited:

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah its a huge annoyance japs like so much fucking fluff on their dialog... its like
huuuuu ahhh yeeeeaaa nyaaaa nnnhggggggmmm
seriously could do just fine with *insert fluff here* instead of these empty lines.

rizo

Reputation score

Can someone help, I need to find a candle to make a lamp but can't seem to find it :/ She won't go in the cave to get the metal because it's dark.

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

Can someone help, I need to find a candle to make a lamp but can't seem to find it :/ She won't go in the cave to get the metal because it's dark.
Go to the weapon shop in the town (the one where you steal the necklace or whatever it was) and you can buy one there for 800 coins.

rizo

Reputation score

Got it thanks :)
Also I played few quite a bit, a lot more is translated than I thought.
Keep up the awesome work. :)

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks @igotnostuffs, I'll see if I can incorporate those scripts in. I do rather like the custom font so I want to keep it... I figured that most of the squished text wasn't really important, albeit unprofessional, since there were other places where the same text is fine (i.e. the inventory window). I did have to play around with the scripts to fit in some of the more important things, which I was quite happy to have succeeded in :). I never thought of just switching back to the normal font though.. o_O

And yeah, fluff... it's okay for most people when you're playing the game because there are bright flashes and stuff. In some cases it's just moaning for 3 text boxes in a row, but occasionaly you don't notice it. When you're the translator, on the other hand... -_- I almost considered just copy-pasting from a pool of 20 or something, but I figured people would notice, and so having a thousand different permutations is probably important.

Also, I never noticed there was 500 MB of audio o_O. I don't remember hearing that much in the game. Let me run through them all just to see... But for now, from just looking at the file names, "オーロラ.ogg" is probably the map with the Aurora Grass, which you're in for all of 15 seconds while you walk in, grab an item, and walk out, never to return again, but it's 1:30 long... and what? There are 5 boss songs?? Besides the last one.

Next update coming up maybe for Thanksgiving?

igotnostuffs

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Also, I never noticed there was 500 MB of audio o_O. I don't remember hearing that much in the game. Let me run through them all just to see... But for now, from just looking at the file names, "オーロラ.ogg" is probably the map with the Aurora Grass, which you're in for all of 15 seconds while you walk in, grab an item, and walk out, never to return again, but it's 1:30 long... and what? There are 5 boss songs?? Besides the last one.
The developer is overkill about the audio. The bitrate is way too extreme, in my opinion. If you run in through a converter like (freac) in Quality 6, you could shave off half of the size and still no noticeable change in quality.

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the scripts! Full screen now works correctly. As for text-squishing, I really like the custom font so I kept it. Rather, a few messages have smaller font sizes to try to avoid it, but if there's still too much text it will overflow off the screen instead of squish. This led me to doing a few other script tweaks (it took a while, but I finally figured out where to fix things like "Rune's HP 74 was stolen!"), so if anything looks broken (or if the game crashes), tell me. I still haven't found where in the scripts I can fix multiple monsters appearing as "SlimeA" instead of "Slime A", though. Any ideas?

On a different topic, I am happy to say that I have reduce the Audio folder size from 471 MB to 197 MB! It's not in my job description, but I just had to do something... anyway, I went through each song in the BGM folder and reduced the bitrate from a whopping 499kbps to a very reasonable 160kbps (or more accurately, ogg vorbis quality 5). I also added some loop meta data, so now most songs don't just fade off and then start again awkwardly. ボスB.ogg is a pretty nice boss theme, but I don't think we need 6 repeats of it that just restarts all of a sudden. I left a few of the songs alone b/c they were already at the desired bit rate or were very common songs in the game. After going through everything in BGM and comparing music styles and file formats, I'm inclined to think that there were two composers, one of whom knew exactly what was necessary, while the other didn't bother with basic audio editing...

There were also two extremely odd files in BGS, スラム2-2 (Slum 2-2) and 森2 (Forest 2). Those 2 files had previously taken up 15% of the entire game (91 MB) before I did my edits because they were both exactly 15 minutes of... noise? Birds chirping? What? *facepalm* Anyway regarding my sound edits, I haven't been able to test if absolutely everything worked out fine, so I hope that you guys can tell me if you notice a sudden blip in the music or some other weird thing.

As predicted, H-scene completion shot up from 49% to 88% in 9 days... but actually I did like a third or less work than last update o_O. I guess it makes sense that sprite-sex scenes don't have nearly as much content as CG scenes. Now that most of the game is translated, I can now search for "UNTRANSLATED" texts as marked by RPGMakerTrans. I keep finding solitary untranslated lines in a midst of translated regions... oops. If things go well, I'll be able to deliver a finished product for Christmas! ... but you have to PM Santa for the full package still.