[Complete - Partial] RJ146155 - Le dernier saint chevalier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragul17

Reputation score
The translation only has the Data folder so the game isn't being translated

Dragul17

Reputation score
like only the option "take off quickly" and I'll look Is translated nothing else is translated

Dragul17

Reputation score
ugh literally the only thing translated is the menu the least important part of the game

IC_21

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
well this is clearly a partial not a full translation and most partial is only cover the item, skill,status and menu. And for some people, that is important enough

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
The translation only has the Data folder so the game isn't being translated
Did you expect the whole game to be included with the partial?
FYI, all the translatable texts exists within the Data folder, you don't need anything
else to translate the game's texts if you follow the "how to apply partial"
instructions.

like only the option "take off quickly" and I'll look Is translated nothing else is translated
Partials are called partials for a reason, those are not full translations,
you have some sort on unrealistic expectation that you feel like you're entitled to.

ugh literally the only thing translated is the menu the least important part of the game
Yeah, I am sure you'd know what each item, skill, weapon and armor would do,
let alone navigate through the menu without it, the first thing ever to be translated
has to be the UI, so people know how to play, if this is "least important" for you,
rpgmaker games clearly are not for you.

To me this partial is more than enough to play through the game itself, and since
I have the software required to modify the files, its easy for me to fill in
the gaps whenever its necessary.

Last edited:

rdantas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Did you expect the whole game to be included with the partial?
FYI, all the translatable texts exists within the Data folder, you don't need anything
else to translate the game's texts if you follow the "how to apply partial"
instructions.

Partials are called partials for a reason, those are not full translations,
you have some sort on unrealistic expectation that you feel like you're entitled to.

Yeah, I am sure you'd know what each item, skill, weapon and armor would do,
let alone navigate through the menu without it, the first thing ever to be translated
has to be the UI, so people know how to play, if this is "least important" for you,
rpgmaker games clearly are not for you.

To me this partial is more than enough to play through the game itself, and since
I have the software required to modify the files, its easy for me to fill in
the gaps whenever its necessary.
I don't think the guy knows what is partial here, at ULMF... and even did a triple post to say redundat things.

Thank you, yugifan, for this partial and a ton of others that you share here with us. You're great!

Last edited:

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
does it work with 1.14?
Well, technically it should. But the patch will revert it back to a v1.1. So yeah, there's that...

EDIT: after some further investigation, it actually reverts everything back to v1.0, sadly.

Last edited:

zipetya

Reputation score
Well, I tried my hands at updating the partial to v1.14, through unorthodox (and stupid, lame, very slow) methods. Everyone is welcome to try it out! It may or may not work with older versions... (Probably 'may'... But who knows?! lol)
It starts up fine, and the partial'ed things seem to be okay; I didn't change anything, everything is Yugi. Hopefully nothing is broken...

If you are reading this, you probably know how to apply a partial, right? If not, read Yugifan's guide in his signature in the opening post!

Good luck...

EDIT1: added a fix (UPD_v1.14_Fix1.zip) for CommonEvents - probably was unnecessary, but just to be safe... Still haven't fixed the one error mentioned in the post below this one; yet.
EDIT2: added the fix for the below error too. the two changed files for fixing are in 'UPD_v1.14_Fix.zip'
EDIT3: added update for v1.14 to v1.15. Just, you know, mind the ORDER of the extraction of the files!! :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Using Zipetya's it gets stuck in ch 5 or 6 or something, just keep getting an error when i goto the first mission after beating the flower boss.

*SyntaxError - 2019-10-04 08:09:31 (Friday)
(eval):3: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting ']'
,"Demon subjugation"])
,"Demon subjugation"])
^
,"Demon subjugation"])
^
(eval):3: syntax error, unexpected ']', expecting $end
,"Demon subjugation"])
^
,"Demon subjugation"])
,"Demon subjugation"])
^
,"Demon subjugation"])
^

zipetya

Reputation score
Using Zipetya's it gets stuck in ch 5 or 6 or something, just keep getting an error when i goto the first mission after beating the flower boss.

,"Demon subjugation"])
,"Demon subjugation"])
^
,"Demon subjugation"])
^
,"Demon subjugation"])
^
,"Demon subjugation"])
,"Demon subjugation"])
^
,"Demon subjugation"])
^
Could you send a save just from before the error? I took a look at the files, and it's either the commonevents or one of the map***.rvdata2, with something really minuscule in difference from what it should be... Hope it's not CommonEvents... lol

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I ended up fixing it, its because the overworld map, its 3 lines instead of 2 which is freaking it out, cut some of the 2nd line so it all fit on 2 lines instead of 3 and it worked :)

zipetya

Reputation score
I ended up fixing it, its because the overworld map, its 3 lines instead of 2 which is freaking it out, cut some of the 2nd line so it all fit on 2 lines instead of 3 and it worked :)
Good to hear! Nicely done. (y)

You used the VXAce editor, I assume?
I managed to find the event after some -MUCH- searching; I thought it was a mission offered by someone on one of the city maps... I haven't made it to the overworld map in-game, yet, and it's the first time I'm using the editor... So yeah. LOL
How did you change it, what exactly did you do, if I may ask? I would like to upload a fixed file. :)
Also, can I have that save nonetheless? Have been making alternate versions of Map34.rvdata2 (one with the editor, some others by decrypting Map034, changing the problematic part of the code, then encrypting it back to rvdata2 <-- this is actually how I updated all the partial files... (STUPID!!! LOL)), and would like to test which work.

Btw, that was the same in the original partial, ergo that error was always gonna happen - so I guess you were the first to actually make it that far in the game with the partial, or bothered to report the problem in the thread... :)
Also, while looking through CommonEvents, I actually found 2 missing lines in the updated PT which I somehow must have overlooked -you actually could be through that part in the game already, and they possibly (probably?) don't give an error, but just in case-, so I'm gonna upload a fixed one, attached to my post with the updated partial.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I replaced what was there with

$game_system.add_notebook_text_arr("Devil
town battle",
["Lead the Knights to victory","Demon
subjugation"])

As for the save, i saved past it and beat the game and played some more but lost interest once i found out it unlocked all the CG =(
Here is all 4 of my saves though if you want to mess around with them.

Attachments

zipetya

Reputation score
Thanks for answering.
Guess I'm gonna brute-force my way to that part (I am at the middle of Ch. 3 now) to see what would work - shouldn't take too much time. But damn, this is actually quite grindy (decided I'm gonna Cheat Engine the eff out of it now... lol). I want to find out what causes the problem, and if my not-in-editor fix can help, or only the editor can. Curious.

EDIT: Fixed it. Hopefully... lol Attached to my previous post with the original updated partial .zip.

Last edited:

Someonewhocan

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Failure to follow this rule will result in an immediate 1 week ban.
My game is lost i need to download new game does anyone have free link ? Or just share your game please

rdantas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well, I tried my hands at updating the partial to v1.14, through unorthodox (and stupid, lame, very slow) methods. Everyone is welcome to try it out! It may or may not work with older versions... (Probably 'may'... But who knows?! lol)
It starts up fine, and the partial'ed things seem to be okay; I didn't change anything, everything is Yugi. Hopefully nothing is broken...

If you are reading this, you probably know how to apply a partial, right? If not, read Yugifan's guide in his signature in the opening post!

Good luck...

EDIT1: added a fix (UPD_v1.14_Fix1.zip) for CommonEvents - probably was unnecessary, but just to be safe... Still haven't fixed the one error mentioned in the post below this one; yet.
EDIT2: added the fix for the below error too. the two changed files for fixing are in 'UPD_v1.14_Fix.zip'
So, I must have the game updated to v1.14 to make this patch work properly? Also, can you please tell me the date of the release? Because on dlsite there's nothing mentioning v1.14.

Last edited:

zipetya

Reputation score
Also, can you please tell me the date of the release? Because on dlsite there's nothing mentioning v1.14.
Well eff me, they made a double bug-fix combo since then, lol.
On the dlsite page, you can see the update (or "upgrade") information under the game's description (and at the end of the description itself, actually - well, at least on the Japanese side of DLsite), and it says that v1.16 is the most recent. Was updated on the 4th and 7th of October. Bug fixes, it seems. The Japanese DLsite (that's the one linked in the OP btw) gives a little bit more info, as usual. v1.14 is the one from 2019-09-18.
So, I must have the game updated to v1.14 to make this patch work properly?
Nope. Just apply it, and it should technically make yours a v1.14_PT... *wink*
---------------------
EDIT: added to my previous post with the downloads the v1.14->v1.15 PT update.

Last edited:

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Just a question in regards of the partial's content, what parts has been translated in its current state?

I currently have the first one that was provided for 1.00 (same version of the game I have), which covered the menu, skills, items, etc, and some npc related choices within the white lily base.

Have you folks touched the common events, mainly the endings for Lena, Lily and Maria for example?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.