What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ188473] QrinSway02 銭湯編 (Bathhouse edition)

Count_Down

Reputation score
Hey people!

Game information:
Thread: Close enough

I kinda decided on a whim to translate this installment of QrinSway (which I like to call QrinSway 03). VERY early progress, besides what I think is a decent enough partial and the intro cutscene. I'm hoping making this post will keep me from abandoning this project, since I really want to shine some light on to the games I love most. This is the very first time I've done translation and I don't speak Japanese at all, so bare with me as I figure things out. Luckily this is a very small game so at my current speed I'll be done in about 3-7 days (depending on the time I can spend on this.) Let me know if there's any other games like this you want me to translate! Depending on how this goes I'll probably try and do Terrible Laboratory and/or Lucia Script first. Patch is made with JapeTrans (previously RPGMmaker trans), check the usual guides on how to apply it. I figured it out in 2 minutes while it's 2am and while decently intoxicated, so you should be able to do just fine.

Seryuu

Reputation score
"This is the very first time I've done translation and I don't speak Japanese at all, so bare with me as I figure things out. "
You should learn Japanese before trying to translate stuff. Its not a translation when you cant understand it either.
And no Google Translate doesn't count as a real translational.

OP
C

Count_Down

Reputation score
"This is the very first time I've done translation and I don't speak Japanese at all, so bare with me as I figure things out. "
You should learn Japanese before trying to translate stuff. Its not a translation when you cant understand it either.
And no Google Translate doesn't count as a real translational.
You'd be surprised, you can pick up a lot of the story from translation engines and then rewrite it to make sense. I'm far from the first one to do translations like this.
Anyway, due to unforeseen circumstances (and me being too cocky) ETA is probably around at a month now. I'll update once I've got the fight translations complete, and then 2-3 updates while working on all the other events, and then 1 to clean up writing. First time doesn't mean I don't take it seriously.

kazyhazi

Reputation score
One of my favorite ENF games. Is this project still in progress? Any news on it?

OP
C

Count_Down

Reputation score
One of my favorite ENF games. Is this project still in progress? Any news on it?
Heya, I know it's been way too long, but after getting caught up in school and other activities I've finally gotten back this project. Well, I still have 1000 other things to do right now, but I hate seeing this go unfinished. Update attached. It's gonna take a while to finish, I'd rate it a solid 4% complete. I feel honored you made that account to reply to me <3 It's my favorite too! Let me know if the patch works, my own install of JapeTrans seems to crash when I try to apply it to the base version of the game.
some translated bits:
- complete partial AFAIK
- OP
- Getting in the tub
- ~20% of demon events
- having a drink with that 1 guy

Attachments

kazyhazi

Reputation score
Heya, I know it's been way too long, but after getting caught up in school and other activities I've finally gotten back this project. Well, I still have 1000 other things to do right now, but I hate seeing this go unfinished. Update attached. It's gonna take a while to finish, I'd rate it a solid 4% complete. I feel honored you made that account to reply to me <3 It's my favorite too! Let me know if the patch works, my own install of JapeTrans seems to crash when I try to apply it to the base version of the game.
some translated bits:
- complete partial AFAIK
- OP
- Getting in the tub
- ~20% of demon events
- having a drink with that 1 guy
I can't find JapeTrans, it hasn't been released yet. I tried patching it with RPGMakerTrans v4.5 but not working.
Good to see you back working on it.

OP
C

Count_Down

Reputation score
I see, I'll have a look at what exact programs I'm using and where to get them. I might just move to rpgmakertrans 4.5 though. I'll make sure the entire start is translated in the meanwhile