What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ189682]-イタズラ戦争~小さな離島の物語~

flamingtorchholder

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
BIG WARNING
-I am in no way a real translator
-This was all done via machine translation+guestamation via context clues
-More then likely there will be completely mistranslated stuff in here. So much so that it could vastly alter a scene.
-Onomatopoeia- I suck at it and during the course of this translation If i couldn't find something simple I defaulted to just the romanization of the actual kanji(i think that's what it is, see the first warning).

If you do know japanese better than I and you want to suggest a proper translation for something that is completely wrong Please post in here or PM me and I will see about getting it fixed. I may not respond instantly but I frequent this sight pretty often.

Also Please purchase a copy from DLSITE if you can show this author we like this and want more.

Alright I plan on doing a full translation of this game. Its going to take a while and I am hoping you guys can help support me on this endeavor. I plan on releasing it for free at the end of it. and i will probably do a free update midway through it. But all of the weekly patches are going to be patreon locked. The patreon will be a monthly thing, not on a per patch basis.

Original Thread

One other thing to note is I am going to be making this translation for the latest version of the game so applying the patch might have issues if your on an older version it very well could break things so your going to need to keep an up to date copy and the easiest way to do that is to go buy a copy from them on dlsite it helps you twofold in supporting the author and making sure you shouldn't have any issues.

If there are any major issues with these, post in this thread or send me a pm and I will see if I can fix it quickly. It should work just fine but just incase let me know.

I did a bunch of the random misc. scenes around the house and inside as well as some of the ones at school. For the most part I am not talking about the big events and stuff.

As i said earlier I am now going into Patreon mode. And I will be throwing out 2 more updates. One when I get around half way through. The second one when its complete. But i don't know exactly how long that will take. As for this week I am going to throw up a poll on Patreon to decide what I will start on, In the mean time I will be working on more of the smaller random events.

Last edited:

Dufoe

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [RJ189682]-イタズラ戦争~小さな離島の物語~

I'm sorry, but what use is machine translating this game when anybody can already hook the machine translation to the game and use their imagination to fill in the gaps?

I don't mean to sound rude, but this is a very good game, probably one of the best to be released this year, and I just think it deserves better treatment.

igotnostuffs

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'm sorry, but what use is machine translating this game when anybody can already hook the machine translation to the game and use their imagination to fill in the gaps?

I don't mean to sound rude, but this is a very good game, probably one of the best to be released this year, and I just think it deserves better treatment.
I think its more like an edited machine translation. Depending on fluent you are on English, it can pass as an okay translation.

Still it doesn't hurt to study a bit on Japanese while doing so.

OP
F

flamingtorchholder

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Completely right you could use a machine to hook the text over but the big thing about machine translations is that you sometimes get garbled and seemly random messages that don't make any sense what so ever which i personally find very jarring. which is why I posted the big warning. If you want 100% accurate translation this more than likely will not be it. I also don't want to wait for a free translation to possibly come out in a few years. Especially because looking at this thing despite it only being 80mb it has a shitload of smaller scenes everywhere. what it lacks in animations/photos it makes up for in walls of text.

If you want something that at least in the events shouldn't make you stop and scratch your head midway through then this just might work for you. (except for the onomatopoeia japanese seems to have a much easier time expressing sounds vs English unless you go crazy with the special characters)

In the end this is why I was very upfront about what kind of translation this is going to be. This is akin to asking your neighbor if they can change your brake pads for 20$ vs going to a mechanic because your car squeals when you brake.

If you have even the slightest inkling that this may interest you then please go vote for an event you want translated and see if you like it. If you want something now you can look at my other translated game and see if you hate it.

Or if this offends you greatly, you can always not download it and ignore it. Better yet hire a real translator and get them to make a real one. Then my crappy translation would be moot.

OP
F

flamingtorchholder

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I think its more like an edited machine translation. Depending on fluent you are on English, it can pass as an okay translation.

Still it doesn't hurt to study a bit on Japanese while doing so.
Yeah I am a native english speaker albeit the worst kind.... American English :rolleyes: and oddly enough since i am using Translation Aggregator + manually entering it into google translate to listen to the actual pronunciation (Finally all those hours of anime are paying off)+ skipping ahead and trying to figure out a clearer image of what is going on+ running through the scene in a game as well actually doesn't make it too difficult to get a good idea of what is going on. sometimes things are still fuzzy but its not like translating Ancient Egyptian without the Rosetta stone.

Its a slow and wonky process but it seems to work for me and I do recognize certain words or sounds here and there.

I also totally didn't make this a separate post to get my 15th post:D

lkkyo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

are you aware that there is a nearly completed Prolouge translation?

asking to use it will kinda help you a bit i guess.

Dufoe

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Sorry if I didn't make this clear, but the reason I got so uptight from the get go is that there was a chance somebody with a knowledge of Japanese translated the game. Now that you picked up the translation, the chance is as good as gone.

ChanceXD`

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Flamingtorchholder your my hero! Even though its machine translation I can't seem to contain my excitement :p

I don't have a Patreon account but I'll make one to support you.

igotnostuffs

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Yeah I am a native english speaker albeit the worst kind.... American English :rolleyes:
You should brush up your grammar and spelling a bit though, could be simple mistakes. Not that I'm any better.
I used your translation from that one game, there were some misspellings and wrong grammar.

At least play the whole game with the translation first just to make sure.

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

i reccomend using TA's Mecab and Jparser, it helps a lot when the translation isn't exact

OP
F

flamingtorchholder

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You should brush up your grammar and spelling a bit though, could be simple mistakes. Not that I'm any better.
I used your translation from that one game, there were some misspellings and wrong grammar.

At least play the whole game with the translation first just to make sure.
Yeah admittedly I am just lazy with grammer hopefully though with enough people reading this I can iron out any issues with it in the end.

i reccomend using TA's Mecab and Jparser, it helps a lot when the translation isn't exact
This i will have to look into then I always just assumed they were programs similar to Atlas and that they supported it because of variety sorta like google vs yahoo vs bing

Done and installed
just wish there was some way to hear it but this will actually help me from manually going to google as much

Sorry if I didn't make this clear, but the reason I got so uptight from the get go is that there was a chance somebody with a knowledge of Japanese translated the game. Now that you picked up the translation, the chance is as good as gone.
well maybe we will get lucky and a real translator will read mine and hate it so much that they are moved into action to translate it themselves.

Last edited:

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

That's cool, a reworked machine translation is better than no translation at all. I look forward to it being finished to I can finally play this gem and figure out what' going on. :p

lkkyo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The biggest thing right now is probably going to be names.
ふゆか translates to
Is it Fuyu/Yuka/Winter depending on the translation site so I am going to just cheat and do a literal translation of it which for the most part is fine.
Except I know of a certain event that uses a name and a slip of the tongue. Its one of those things that unless your either a native speaker or you at least know some of the words it would leave you scratching your head. I guess when i get to it i will ask you guys what you think would be best. Put in a note? try and come up with something else?
To help you out a bit it would be better list all the Character names out and search for help translating

I played the game a little bit and i can say that her name is ふゆか literly means nothing, just write it with Romanji letters Fuyuka. I mean if it does not contains Kanji which looks like this "冬” then its very hard to translate. I mean japanese names often are Kanji and have meaning behind them but who ever translates those names, they just pronounce the Romaji out of it

twixette

Reputation score

i love this machine translation so far, i can't wait for the second week one and for them my favorite scene ( 25-26-27) gonna be translated :)

Last edited:

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I tried the translation so far today, and is good, keep it going!

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I tried applying the translation and for some reason nothing is translated at all. I'm not sure what's been translated and what hasn't. The whole intro where you don't have control of the character is still in Japanese and when I get control of the character the start menu where you can save etc. is still untranslated. Can someone let me know if this is the case for everyone or am I missing something...

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Is the poll updated?

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I tried applying the translation and for some reason nothing is translated at all. I'm not sure what's been translated and what hasn't. The whole intro where you don't have control of the character is still in Japanese and when I get control of the character the start menu where you can save etc. is still untranslated. Can someone let me know if this is the case for everyone or am I missing something...
Is entirely the case for me as well.

twixette

Reputation score

wierd, for me it working fine, all the scene in the memory room that he say he translated are in english o_O

OP
F

flamingtorchholder

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Alright I just verified that it seems to be working fine on my end.

Just a couple of things to note
  • Make sure you deleted the rgss3a file or moved/renamed it (this should work as well)
  • Make sure you have an up to date copy of the game
  • Note that I have only translated the scenes in the room so any actually in game may not be translated

If none of these solve your problems then post in here and we can try and troubleshoot it.

As far as what I have been up to, a few things came up, (totally not wildlands beta:rolleyes:) but I am mainly finishing up setting up my Patreon I am the worst with names and art, but I already got one down the other is giving me trouble. I think you guys might like it though. It will be done soon. what I am going to be doing this week is going through and doing a bunch of the non h-scene stuff don't know how much I will get though but we will see. This I will release for free as well. But after that it goes into Patreon mode. Once I do get about halfway through this game I will throw out another for everyone. As well as once its done that will be thrown out there as well. As I said in the beginning I won't be actually charging for the translation. Once its all said and done. The only thing Patreon is for is the early access to the translations and voting for the next scenes to be translated.

As for people asking me to use the intro partial out there already. That would be a fast and easy way to get a bunch of the stuff translated which would be nice. But I won't, simply because that would be taking credit for someone elses work, in my own mind. Even if I did credit them, I can't do that and it would feel too much like stepping on somebody's toes.