What's new

RJ192515 - [2017.01.31 UPDATE] Chaosrise, a hentai danmaku game

OP
Ziza

Ziza

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [2016.10.26 UPDATE] Chaosrise, a hentai danmaku game

Steve's Quest by Machinae Supremacy (and other tracks), recognized them instantly (did not read your post)! Love their music and I know they already did the soundtracks for Jets'n'Guns. I guess they love that kind of games.
Admittedly I am personally awful at them tho.
Great to know there are people who know the band well around here too ^_^

OP
Ziza

Ziza

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: RJ192515 - [2017.01.13 UPDATE] Chaosrise, a hentai danmaku game

Looks like we're now on DLSite!

Just the demo for now <3

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"Super awesome music by Machinae Supremacy"

oOOh We have a winner!

OP
Ziza

Ziza

Demon Girl
Reputation score

oOOh We have a winner!
It's nice to know that even Jesus himself approves!

A couple of latest gameplay screenshots that will be used for promoting the game:

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Whelp, I just played the most recent version, and damn! I'll have to say that there's been some amazing improvements since the previous time I played! It always played well, but the visuals certainly looks better and the music is pretty darn catchy. It's definitively a type of game that benefits a whole lot from a good soundtrack.

I'd suggest putting in some of h-pics too for publicity purposes; I realize that this is a game first and foremost (and a pretty good one at that), but having some h-CGs to promote an h-game on an h-forum is probably a good idea!

Krystallize<3

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It plays really well, and the art is great, definately something to look out for.

What I have to mention tho is that I don't like the translation to the h scenes...it's so abrupt.

And I gotta say that even the easy mode was too much for me as someone who used to play a lot of games like r-type and gradius.

I mean with so many continues I was able to beat the demo on easy but the thing is that I didn't feel like "ok I just need to learn the patterns" but more like "ok this is unavoidable anyway so just take the hits and shoot the boss straight"

I'm totally new to the Bullethell genre and I never played touhou but you might be interested in what a total noob thought when first approaching this game :)

OP
Ziza

Ziza

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Whelp, I just played the most recent version, and damn! I'll have to say that there's been some amazing improvements since the previous time I played! It always played well, but the visuals certainly looks better and the music is pretty darn catchy. It's definitively a type of game that benefits a whole lot from a good soundtrack.

I'd suggest putting in some of h-pics too for publicity purposes; I realize that this is a game first and foremost (and a pretty good one at that), but having some h-CGs to promote an h-game on an h-forum is probably a good idea!
Thanks a lot, Ayra, and thanks for staying with us so long! The H pictures will also be used on the game's DLSite and MangaGamer pages, we'll of course share them here then, too. For now there's just a couple previews in the main post :)

It plays really well, and the art is great, definately something to look out for.

What I have to mention tho is that I don't like the translation to the h scenes...it's so abrupt.
Thank you! Obviously the hentai content is not the main focus of the game, and I'm afraid it's a bit too late now to change how the game translates to the scenes and how they are utilized overall. Maybe in future, for updated versions (which will definitely happen), we will add dialogs to the game-over scenes (as it's been suggested by a couple of people already).

And I gotta say that even the easy mode was too much for me as someone who used to play a lot of games like r-type and gradius.

I mean with so many continues I was able to beat the demo on easy but the thing is that I didn't feel like "ok I just need to learn the patterns" but more like "ok this is unavoidable anyway so just take the hits and shoot the boss straight"

I'm totally new to the Bullethell genre and I never played touhou but you might be interested in what a total noob thought when first approaching this game :)
Indeed the game requires a bit of getting used to and is definitely not the easiest one, but the patterns are avoidable, especially on the lowest difficulty. It's also good to keep in mind that using spells is a core element of the gameplay rather than a "last resort for noobs". Have a look at the (very old, with outdated graphics, but still the same patterns) , maybe this will help!

Krystallize<3

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Uhm, so after watching the video...I found out that there was something wrong :D

No, I didn't speed up the video.

The game can't handle my 144hz monitor and just starts to get messed up with the speed :D

I changed my Refresh rate to 60hz and now I can actually beat it on hard without too many problems xD

Sabinn

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I changed my Refresh rate to 60hz and now I can actually beat it on hard without too many problems xD

When you can barely beat the game is easy and hear that someone can do it in hard :(

Krystallize<3

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

When you can barely beat the game is easy and hear that someone can do it in hard :(
It's really not that hard, especially if you just focus on your model and don't pay much attention to the enemy movement :D

OP
Ziza

Ziza

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Wow, good thing you noticed that, Krystallize! You must be pretty hardcore if you still managed to beat the game with this :----)

I wonder how many people are out there for whom the game ran too fast / too slow but they thought it's just the way it is and gave up without letting us know...

Anyway, we are looking into whether this can be averted. I will soon PM you with an .exe!

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's really not that hard, especially if you just focus on your model and don't pay much attention to the enemy movement :D
Fucking veteran Bullet-Hell players, How do they work?! :p

Jesus

Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm not much of a bullet-hell (Gee, who'd have thought) fan myself and I'm not sure how most games in the category do it, but I'd like it if there were more feedback for killing the enemies, a bit more of an impactful sound and maybe some visual effects (Ones that don't distract from the bullets) to make it more satisfying.

It's nice to know that even Jesus himself approves!
I was actually exposed to them through another game, Jets N Guns, which is still my favorite scrolling shooter other than Tyrian 2000. I noticed a certain track that was on that in here, naughty :p

Krystallize<3

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Fucking veteran Bullet-Hell players, How do they work?! :p
I'm definately no veteran if it comes to bullet hell games, but as I mentioned above, R-Type and Gradius on the snes were both games I played a lot as a kid :>

If you have good awareness of multiple points on the screen you are basically ready to go, no need to have good reactions or anything since everything is happening kinda slow ^-^

OP
Ziza

Ziza

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm not much of a bullet-hell (Gee, who'd have thought) fan myself and I'm not sure how most games in the category do it, but I'd like it if there were more feedback for killing the enemies, a bit more of an impactful sound and maybe some visual effects (Ones that don't distract from the bullets) to make it more satisfying.
We will probably be planning to add more of this in updated versions, if luck will have it. Totally aware the game could use even more of such feedback...

I was actually exposed to them through another game, Jets N Guns, which is still my favorite scrolling shooter other than Tyrian 2000. I noticed a certain track that was on that in here, naughty :p
All the tracks - including instrumental "Hero" - are used with permission and an official agreement though ;)

Jesus

Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

We will probably be planning to add more of this in updated versions, if luck will have it. Totally aware the game could use even more of such feedback...

All the tracks - including instrumental "Hero" - are used with permission and an official agreement though ;)
Oh I didn't expect anything less

OP
Ziza

Ziza

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The game is now announced on too! Added new screenshots, too.

Last edited:
OP
Ziza

Ziza

Demon Girl
Reputation score

OP
Ziza

Ziza

Demon Girl
Reputation score