What's new

[Complete - Full] [RJ235123][I can not win the girl] Erotic Trap Dungeon 2

Suryujin

Reputation score
@Szzazz

Not sure exactly. I'm guessing it's the first dungeon map, right after the first save point, the one you need to unlock with the switch? It's probably the event that teleports you somewhere on the map, that is causing the problem. It's probably from an old, unpatched game version. This would also explain the missing plugin. All five game patches are bugfixes afterall.

My "fix" was simply taking the patched v1.04 data/js folders and the 3 files in the www folder and slapping them onto your original patch. Since I can't replicate the error... I guessing my version is working. Worst case adding your data/js folders and maybe files to the patch (not sure if they're needed, too) "should" fix the problem.

If the console was working, we might get something of an error message. It doesn't load up for me though, just shows a empty window.

@DaBouncer

Did it work?

Last edited:

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Your attempted fix didn't work. There is no error message, no nothing, game seems to work except for the whole, you know, dungeon aspect of it.

I'll upload my save file itself so anyone with even a smidge of knowledge can guesstimate what the hell's going on. I believe my game version is 1.04, though the only indication is a couple dates, I see no concrete indicator as to what version it is.

Attachments

Suryujin

Reputation score
@Szzazz

Entrance map. The trapdoor event (the one you need to open with a switch), has on page 2 a command to set var 1 floors = 0.

Since the stairs common events (201, from there 205-207) check for the floor number (now after it was set to 0, which doesn't make sense), it kinda bugs out. DaBouncer's last floor number is 7, when I remove the set var 1 to 0, I get to send floor 8 without black screen.

The trapdoor is supposed to lead to floor 1 or specific floors depending on what floor you've reached (from what I can read from the code), that command isn't supposed to be there, but you're not supposed to be send to floor 8 either. Still trying to figure that part out.

Edit:

Nevermind, you're supposed to be send to floor 8 it seems (in this case atleast, asfar as I can tell from the code).

Attachments

Last edited:

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
@Szzazz

Entrance map. The trapdoor event (the one you need to open with a switch), has on page 2 a command to set var 1 floors = 0.

Since the stairs common events (201, from there 205-207) check for the floor number (now after it was set to 0, which doesn't make sense), it kinda bugs out. DaBouncer's last floor number is 7, when I remove the set var 1 to 0, I get to send floor 8 without black screen.

The trapdoor is supposed to lead to floor 1 or specific floors depending on what floor you've reached (from what I can read from the code), that command isn't supposed to be there, but you're not supposed to be send to floor 8 either. Still trying to figure that part out.

Edit:

Nevermind, you're supposed to be send to floor 8 it seems (in this case atleast, asfar as I can tell from the code).
Okay, so the cause is identified, and may be a 1.04 bug... All I know is that one oddity was of note, the elevator was never usable, despite reaching I believe floor 5 and/or 10. I believe those are the two floors with elevators on them, the preset rooms that you usually encounter Minotaur at.

In the previous game, you could use the elevator as soon as you reached the first one in the dungeon, and skip a few floors, instead of having to redo floor 1 like I have been thus far.

Edit: The second supposed fix didn't work on my end either.

Suryujin

Reputation score
@Szzazz

Elevator is unlocked at floor 35 from what I could read from the code. It also sends you to floors 10, 20, 30 and 40.

There is also that "Floor Decision Skip". What "floor decision skip" does it skip? It's in the door's common event (201 and 205-208) instead of the elevator's (318).

Maybe there is, or was, supposed to be a choice which allows you to skip the floors you've been on. Or it's simply part of the code (which is giving me a headache, though it could be worse).

Edit:

Forgot to ask.

Is it sending you to the right floor now?

With the events 205-208 it looks like you're supposed to be send to your last floor, but if so, what is the elevator for? It also sets the var1 floors to the floor you're going to.

Though I think I messed the script up. It makes more sense if var 1 is set to one if it's 0 or you don't skip the floors you've been on, else you get to the last floor you've been on (Which brings up the floor decision skip that I can't seem find).

Right now each time you go into the dungeon it sends you one floor further... I think?

Hope I'm making some kinda sense (Headache + lack of sleep + confusing code = p.i.t.a.)

Edit 2:

*slams head rapidly against the desk*

Sorry DaBouncer, mixed you up with Szzazz.

The fix didn't do anything?... Strange, your save worked and send me to floor 8 with it. Gonna take another look.

Edit 3:

*returns to slamming head against desk*

Uploaded the unfixed version, genius I am. v3 added... this time it's the right one. Checked it, just in case. =_=

Attachments

Last edited:

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Don't brain damage yourself, haha!

The proper v2 did indeed work, but as you noted it starts me off on floor 8. I did a bit more testing, and a path created bug now exists since every time I enter the dungeon now, I'm placed on one floor higher (or geographically, lower) than I'm supposed to be on. If I use the teleport item on floor 11 and return to the dungeon, it places me on floor 12. This is easily abusable to skip every floor...

Suryujin

Reputation score
I'll try to do that, might be to late for that, though. ;P

That's exactly what I was worried about, already got a idea how to fix that.

Edit:

Alright, now it sends you to floor 1 if you haven't gone in yet, else it sends you to the floor you've been on.

Attachments

Last edited:

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Are you sure it's supposed to work like that? Isn't it supposed to always start you off at floor 1 until you unlock the elevator? That's what it was doing to me before this massive bug shenanigan began.

Suryujin

Reputation score
Yes I'm pretty sure the door isn't supposed to send you that far, so there is a reason the var is set to 0 each time you use the door. That's also kinda the reason the game bugs from beginwith, though I'm not sure why that's causing the black screen. Nothing in the code even hints at that.

Also, I wasn't sure where you're supposed to be send and since elevator unlocks at floor 35, it would mean going that far in one go or start from floor 1 each time until you make it till 35 and unlock elevator.

Both aren't quite right, so I modded a choice (first or furthest floor), until we can make sense of it.

Edit:

Seems another bug appears randomly, not sure if it was from the game, the translation or my fix.

"uncaught typeerror: cannot read property 'width' of null"

Edit 2:

We might not have fixed the "black screen" bug afterall. The only known way of triggering was during fade in/out from map change. That got a round-a-bout work around, which made the door work in a way it's not supposed to, but wasn't fixed afterall.
  • I'm was walking around the first floor, finishing the last stuff
  • I destroyed a statue (gargoyle), then a blue ball (mp) and began walking in another direction.
  • the light animation of the ball was still running (getting mp?)
  • she said something about how she can't wait till something lewd happens to her again, the message was slowly fading
  • suddenly the game freezed, cpu usage went up, had to close it with task manager and unless I'm wrong, there was only one process of 4 left, too
Thats what I can remember from this time. The freeze, closing with task manager, cpu usage and stuff are same as with the "black screen bug". Except the screen wasn't faded out, that's why I'm guessing there might be more to the bug than it appears. Or it was just my luck and the game happens to crash randomly like that (though I doubt that).
  • the original error happened cause var 1 floors got set to 0, after getting to atleast floor 7 before and trying to go back into the dungeon
  • the stairs set it to 0, then the common event should have set it to 1 (+1 each time it's called, as such also when you go down the stairs)
  • bug triggers each time, when floor number gets "reset" and you go back to the first dungeon, both szzazz's version and my modded one =_= (does the original throw that error, too?)
  • yet, when the var isn't reset to 0 (and then increased back to 1 by event) and instead allowed to stay at the old floor number, it doesn't trigger at all
So the question is, why would the var change cause a crash like that, if there isn't something else afoot. Anyone got an idea?

Edit 3:

Just started a new game, went to floor 7, left, saved, quit game, started game, loaded game, went to first floor... no problems.

Back to square one. =_=

Added a version that's just translation + plugins, should fix the error message cause of the missing plugin. No fixes, because, I've got the feeling the problem is a broken save instead (some var or switch probably, but I've checked the ones in the events and still can't make sense of it) and a new game and resulting new save doesn't seem to have that error sofar.

That and the "fix" seemed just to mess more up than it actually helped anyway.

That being said, there are reports of the "black screen bug" for v1.04.

Attachments

Last edited:

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
So as expected, my issue is a 1.04 exclusive bug, which sucks cause that's all I was able to get. Also, with mine, all I know is I did reach at least floor 10 or higher, got defeated, and reentered the dungeon.

Could the issue be caused by saving inside the dungeon, perhaps? Even though the save file that experiences the bug is in the area before the dungeon, the previously used save point was on floor 10.

OP
S

Szzazz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So as expected, my issue is a 1.04 exclusive bug, which sucks cause that's all I was able to get. Also, with mine, all I know is I did reach at least floor 10 or higher, got defeated, and reentered the dungeon.

Could the issue be caused by saving inside the dungeon, perhaps? Even though the save file that experiences the bug is in the area before the dungeon, the previously used save point was on floor 10.
I can't tell what's happening here, I went on my own to go test. I loaded up my old save from before the translation and attempted to run through the dungeon with it as fast as possible. I was able to clear floors 1-5 perfectly fine, but when I got to floor 6 it gave me a black screen. I popped everything into rpgmaker to have access to the debug tools, and it seems it starts running through all the events but doesn't actually end up doing anything. Injecting text messages into RPGMaker's stairs event showed that the issue happened on initializing the events on the floor. Also using the tools, I was able to just bump the floor count around randomly. I tested the dungeon itself all the way to floor 37, and the only floors broken were 6-10. Additionally the node.js process failed to end itself when I exited the test runs, so I had to manually kill it via process manager, so it seems to be some sort of infinite loop being generated inside of rpgmaker's core javascript.

I tried to copy the original map for floors 6-10 over, and that still fixed nothing. However, starting a new file let me go down through those floors safely, so it may be that there's some part of the save that's broken? With the new save, travelling to a blue square side area, saving, teleporting back and going back down doesn't cause issues. Saving at a special floor and teleporting back also seemed to be safe. Only thing I had happen on a new save was one complete crash on touching a blue square, not sure how to reproduce that on my end without just spamming blue squares until it crashes again.

Right now the best thing I can say is to start over with a new save, since that seemed to work. Alternatively it might be something you have is utterly broken, I only have v1.05 to work with on my end.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I can't tell what's happening here, I went on my own to go test. I loaded up my old save from before the translation and attempted to run through the dungeon with it as fast as possible. I was able to clear floors 1-5 perfectly fine, but when I got to floor 6 it gave me a black screen. I popped everything into rpgmaker to have access to the debug tools, and it seems it starts running through all the events but doesn't actually end up doing anything. Injecting text messages into RPGMaker's stairs event showed that the issue happened on initializing the events on the floor. Also using the tools, I was able to just bump the floor count around randomly. I tested the dungeon itself all the way to floor 37, and the only floors broken were 6-10. Additionally the node.js process failed to end itself when I exited the test runs, so I had to manually kill it via process manager, so it seems to be some sort of infinite loop being generated inside of rpgmaker's core javascript.

I tried to copy the original map for floors 6-10 over, and that still fixed nothing. However, starting a new file let me go down through those floors safely, so it may be that there's some part of the save that's broken? With the new save, travelling to a blue square side area, saving, teleporting back and going back down doesn't cause issues. Saving at a special floor and teleporting back also seemed to be safe. Only thing I had happen on a new save was one complete crash on touching a blue square, not sure how to reproduce that on my end without just spamming blue squares until it crashes again.

Right now the best thing I can say is to start over with a new save, since that seemed to work. Alternatively it might be something you have is utterly broken, I only have v1.05 to work with on my end.
I did notice there being 3 instances of the game in task manager, and closing the game kept two of those processes persisting afterwards, but if the cause is an infinite loop, and if it exists in 1.05 then we might want to wait for 1.06, if that ever happens.

In the meantime, what is node.js? Is it a file located in the game or just a process name?

OP
S

Szzazz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I did notice there being 3 instances of the game in task manager, and closing the game kept two of those processes persisting afterwards, but if the cause is an infinite loop, and if it exists in 1.05 then we might want to wait for 1.06, if that ever happens.

In the meantime, what is node.js? Is it a file located in the game or just a process name?
Node is just a javascript framework.

I wouldn't hold out for a 1.06, just start a new save, should be the most stable, unless the game manages to actually dump some sort of error message that can be debugged.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
My only concern with a new game is what stops the bug from resurfacing?

Suryujin

Reputation score
The thing is, the translation + plugin files should bump the game version to v1.05, since it's just bugfixes and no missing files errors (again, except the plugin, but we fixed that). DaBouncer originally had a v1.00-v1.02, I think. That's why he didn't have the plugin which the v1.04 had.

Having a proper changelog would be useful, but the english dlsite doesn't say anything beyond the patches and the japanese one basically states each time "we fixed bugs".

It's just that I found error reports on another forum, where some started having the bug while using the v1.04 + translation patch. Which should have made it a v1.05.

Already tried updating the plugin to the newest version and updating node.js. The node.js message was gone, but that's all that happened.

Went to floor 11, saved on floor 10 and again at the entrace. I still can't reproduce the error. Messed around with vars and switches, but my save doesn't want to crash and DaBouncer keeps doing so without fail.

It happens after common event 207 starts and before wait 5 frames and "MapGenerator RoomAndPass" are called. 207 doesn't finish for whatever reason. The code for 6-10 in 207 looks fine like the rest, so it should be the map... somehow.

Edit:

But if going into 6-10 is bugged, why does the crash happen while trying to reenter floor 1 aswell?

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
But if going into 6-10 is bugged, why does the crash happen while trying to reenter floor 1 aswell?
It must be a conflict between spawning on floor 1, and the bug that causes you to spawn on a higher up floor...

Suryujin

Reputation score
It must be a conflict between spawning on floor 1, and the bug that causes you to spawn on a higher up floor...
What bug causes you to spawn on a higher up floor? Do you mean when my "fix" send you one floor deeper than it should, each time you use the door? That shouldn't be happening here, at most you wind up at floor 2 then. 1-4 are the same map remade each time you enter, same with 6-9. 5, 10, 15... and so on have extra maps that are called separately before the "normal" floors. So it shouldn't really matter if it's floor 1, 2 or 7. Unless there's something wrong with the 6-10 map, which we checked already and couldn't find anything.

@Szzazz

Ehh, Szzazz, you got the bug while going from 5>6 and while trying to hop around the floors (map 6-10)? We get it when trying to reenter the dungeon, which would (or should) send us to floor 1 (map 1-5). Before, with my "fix" we could reenter floor 7/8 without the bug.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
What I mean is that with my save file, with your fix I spawn on floor 8, which means somehow the game has logged that I last left the dungeon on floor 7. If it is a conflict between the abnormal floor spawn and floor 1, then it's trying to fight over floor 1 or floor 7 to spawn me at when I load my save with no attempted fixes.

Suryujin

Reputation score
Pretty sure that's not the case, without the fixes atleast, cause the door in the entrace hall resets the floor var back to 0, while the script adds successfully a +1 to it. Just checked it with a text message, right before sending you to 1-5, the var 1 floor is at 1, so floor 1 would be where you're supposed to wind up. Gives a crash while trying to send you there instead.

Szzazz, did you really just jump into the floors without the event? Shouldn't have the MapGenerator been called to recreate the maps?

Last edited: