What's new

[Complete - Full] [RJ235123][I can not win the girl] Erotic Trap Dungeon 2

Suryujin

Reputation score
The one in the room with the shops. Where you go into the dungeon for the first time. Removing the reset is what allowed you to go to floor 8, since only the +1 for var 1 was left, setting it to 8, 9,... and so on each time you used that door and only that one.

Problem is that, somehow, you can't return to floor 1 (or 2-4 i guess, 5 has a pre-set map afterall).

The same bug, that somehow keepes Szzazz from going to floor 6-9 (probably empty since the MapGenerator wasn't called) with his old save, which makes things even more confusing than before.

Just send myself with the console on your save (DaBouncer) to map 6-9, works fine. 1-4 gives the same as usual.

Also, you got till floor 21 (there's a var that tracks just that) at one time, then went to floor 7 and back out again, after which the crash started... unless I'm wrong.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
... I have never even come close to floor 20... The fuck?

Actually, now I'm not sure.... But does the game say I somehow went from floor 21 to 7 without exiting?

Last edited:

Suryujin

Reputation score
... I have never even come close to floor 20... The fuck?
The switches for "Floor 10/20 reached", "Floor 15 event" are on and "Deepest Floor Counter" sits at 21.

Edit:

Var 1 only shows the last floor you've been on (7). Each time you use a dungeon door (entrace hall with shops or inside dungeon to get to the next floor doesn't matter), the game checks if var 1 is higher than var 204 "Deepest Floor Counter", and if the case it sets 204 to the floor var's value.

Since I didn't save on your save... Or went anywhere close to floor 21.

Only one time to test my mod, which was supposed to send you to the deepest floor you've reached (var 1 takes 204's value). That time I didn't save though, was just to see if it works as intended, which it did. 204 had already been set to 21 at the time.

It wouldn't have affected the switches either. Which means, if you didn't get to 20/21, then else is something is wrong.

*drops head on desk again*

Last edited:

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Okay, did a quick run through to the 20th floor, I have actually reached there before.

So when you take the original translation and change it to "fix" my issue, what values do you change, and what do you change them both from and to?

Suryujin

Reputation score
I simply removed the var 1 reset to 0 from the entrace hall dungeon door. It send you to floor 8, since your last floor was 7 and I didn't add a -1 for var 1. The common event for the stairs got called and added +1 to the last floor number.

Since 7 and 8 are on the 6-9 map, you didn't get the bug, that you only get on the 1-4 map. The same bug that Szzazz triggered on the 6-9 map. Since nothing in the code hints at as to why that happens, we're confused.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Do you know how to make it so it always takes me to floor 1? Because the only way you're meant to skip floors is via the elevator.

Suryujin

Reputation score
That's what we're still trying to figure out. Your old save atleast crashes each time you go to the first four floors (they're on the same map). A new one shouldn't have that problem though.

Edit:
If you're asking for a way to remove the fixes, there's a file somewhere on the second page. "EroTrapDungeon1_05Trans_with_plugins.zip". That simply patches your game with the translation, adds the missing plugin, resets the plugin.js and removes any of my "fixes".

Still, your best bet is to start a new game, since your old save, the one you uploaded and probably any of that run, are for now, broken. We may figure out what went wrong in time, and the save is probably saveable then, but until then... A new game is the only choice.

That or I mod a fix that sends you to floor 5, if you want. Bypassing the bugged floors for now.

Last edited:
OP
S

Szzazz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Pretty sure that's not the case, without the fixes atleast, cause the door in the entrace hall resets the floor var back to 0, while the script adds successfully a +1 to it. Just checked it with a text message, right before sending you to 1-5, the var 1 floor is at 1, so floor 1 would be where you're supposed to wind up. Gives a crash while trying to send you there instead.

Szzazz, did you really just jump into the floors without the event? Shouldn't have the MapGenerator been called to recreate the maps?
I was using the RPGMaker MV debug mode to adjust the floor counter before going down stairs. Since the event only cares about the floor count, it let me jump around floors.

I did not skip the map generator event, I think that would just lead to a completely broken floor.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Because the only way you're meant to skip floors is via the elevator.
Are you sure about that or are you just assuming that's the case because the first game did it? They could have simply made a design change and it seems intentional.

I got the game off Nyaa, patched with what I believe is the second most recent patch (post #27) here in this thread, and I've played down to about floor 60-ish. And the game technically ends on floor 40 but you can still keep going down farther in the post game. Every time I go down the stairs from the hub, it gives me a choice to start on either Floor 1 or the farthest floor I've reached. And the elevator did not work until I pretty much got down near the end. Granted, I stopped checking some time around floor 15-20 and only later on when I pretty much beat the game did I check it again only to find that it works now.

If you wanna see for youself you can check my save files. I made checkpoints as I was going through on some of the more significant floors.

...Yes, I did save scum and did a mostly 'virgin' run. I have not activated any traps (which is why I'm still level 1) nor have I activated the elevator scene that you get for the first time.

Attachments

OP
S

Szzazz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Are you sure about that or are you just assuming that's the case because the first game did it? They could have simply made a design change and it seems intentional.

I got the game off Nyaa, patched with what I believe is the most recent patch here in this thread, and I've played down to about floor 60-ish. And the game technically ends on floor 40 but you can still keep going down farther in the post game. Every time I go down the stairs from the hub, it gives me a choice to start on either Floor 1 or the farthest floor I've reached. And the elevator did not work until I pretty much got down near the end. Granted, I stopped checking some time around floor 15-20 and only later on when I pretty much beat the game did I check it again only to find that it works now.

If you wanna see for youself you can check my save files. I made checkpoints as I was going through on some of the more significant floors.

...Yes, I did save scum and did a mostly 'virgin' run. I have not activated any traps (which is why I'm still level 1) nor have I activated the elevator scene that you get for the first time.
If you're using the latest patch posted by Suryujin, there's a modification in there to let you skip to your furthest completed floor. The base game doesn't have that. See post #29.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Okay, so here's what I've found, as I tinkered around a fair bit considering my lack of code knowledge.

First off, in the modified patch I went to floor 10 and saved in slot 2. I then swapped out the modded patch for the original translation patch and transfered the modded path's save 2 file. The game failed to recognise there being a save game in the second slot, so I had to start a new game and save first in slot 2 then redo the save transfer. I am able to advance through the floor normlly now, but the moment I exit the dungeon and go down the stairs back into the dungeon, I just confirm the floors 1-4 thing, game black screens again.

I then considered renaming save files. I started a new game and saved in slot 3, confirmed the bug didn't exist for the file, and then, after backing up save 1 and 2, tested both saves 1 and 2 when they were renamed to save 3. Every renamed file still had the black screen with the exception of the original new game file 3 save.

This is telling me that the floor skipping, and therefore black screen bug is only present within the save file or save file configurations, since editing the save files can have wacky scenarios, like a game at floor 20 only having 60 seconds logged (which is changed to the original save file's recorded time upon next save).

The only thing not related to the save files when it comes to issues and bugs is the process duplication as shown in task manager. At the end of all my testing there were 7 background instances of the game, which had my CPU at 90% usage...

Suryujin

Reputation score
@Szzazz

The maps weren't broken per say, just looked like when they're in the RPG-Maker, with the player standing in the top left corner (I set cords to 0, 0 for the command).

All maps other than 1-4 worked, which had the usual crash from just tranfering myself there.

@DaBouncer

Each MV game window/instance always has 4 processes. Unless it semi-crashes, some of them are lost and the one(s) left have a bug that keeps them from closing themselves, forcing you to use the task manager.

If the game is still packed though, it may be only one process. But I'm not sure about that, since I always unpack them. Better performance that way anyway.

Added the zip with just translation + plugins and one with a mod that sends you to floor 5, when you've reached that one atleast once (and saved afterwards of course). If you haven't reached floor 5 yet, it sends you to floor 1 instead. That way a new game shouldn't get send straight to level 5.

I did a quick test with your save, it sends me to floor 5 just fine. One of my own saves, from before entering the dungeon for the first time, sends me to floor 1. No errors, sofar.

The saves really just might be (kinda) broken. Still no damn clue as to why, though.

Edit:

Just got another headache from re-reading my own post. =_=

Attachments

Last edited:

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
At the end of all my testing there were 7 background instances of the game, which had my CPU at 90% usage...
That happens if the game crashes for whatever reason. You'll have to terminate the process manually otherwise you're computer will slow down a ton. Or maybe just reboot it every once in a while.

For me, the game often crashed if I got the breast needle lactation trap. The game failed to load an image or something and crashed. After this happened several times things slowed down and I found several instances still running, and certain loading screens took much longer (or the screen just went black).

Suryujin

Reputation score
Do you mind telling us what image is missing? That way we can see about adding it to the patch. Does it always crash when you trigger that paticular trap?

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
It frequently crashes when I get that crash. It's the trap where two needles inject her boobs. I'm pretty sure the side image is the one that's missing because it crashes AFTER the cut-in. And it happens most of the time, not all, because I think there's some RNG if the lactation gets resisted or not.

Also, whenever I try to equip the Plug Suit, it also crashes. I have it in the save files I posted before.

Suryujin

Reputation score
Alright, I threw the most likely missing pictures into the fix. Please tell me if both lactation and plug suit work (or if they don't of course).

Edit:

Got a possible fix for the black screen bug. It works on DaBouncer's save, but I would like someone else to test it. If you get to the first dungeon map, you should be good (cause that one seems to be the bugged one).

It's the v3 one. I leave the v2 with floor 5 skip attached, in case the fix doesn't work afterall. Though, I really hope it does.

If you wondering what I did... I simply copied the map, put it below the old one in the editor (alongside the others) and changed the script to send you there, instead of the old one. Seems to work, even though it's just copied. >.<"

@Fenril

Did the patch manage to fix those crashes for you?

Edit 2:

Found another couple of maps that trigger black screen bug. The new copies work fine in their place. Could the error be related to the map ID? Since replacing the map file with a new copy gave the same error, but the same map with a new ID does not.

41-Mix or MH Slime gave me a script error "TypeError Cannot read property 'addLoadListener' of undefined". Not sure which plugin is bugged this time.

Edit 3:

Got another bug report of black screen bug. Now replaced all dungeon floors (not event ones) and monster house (same way as before).

Attachments

Last edited:

Cheesecakeman

Reputation score
hmmm I just purchased this game a few minutes ago on DLsite and I seem to be having loading/missing files issues. I keep getting pop-ups with the game telling me it failed to load some animation. I attached a screenshot to show exactly I mean. Anyone else having this issue?

Suryujin

Reputation score
@Cheesecakeman

Is the non-unicode setting set to japanese, the game run with locale emulator or something similar? Cause if it isn't, that might be the issue. Since the game code doesn't seem to encode the file names it is looking for properly and therefore can't find them. Some of the animations have japanese filenames.

That or I managed to mysteriously screw the patch up while packing it, though I don't see how. If noone else is getting that error though... it's probably the locale/encoding.

OP
S

Szzazz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
hmmm I just purchased this game a few minutes ago on DLsite and I seem to be having loading/missing files issues. I keep getting pop-ups with the game telling me it failed to load some animation. I attached a screenshot to show exactly I mean. Anyone else having this issue?
Looks like you're using the official translation that just released since the title bar isn't translated. I'm not sure what would be going on there, I don't have time right now to debug any issues in their version. I would try some sort of locale setting like Suryujin recommended, though.