What's new

Unknown/Hiatus [RPG Maker MV] Sexonomicon [Futa, Animation]

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: [RPG Maker MV] Sexonomicon [Futa, Animation]

Yeah, Overlays, though by themselves they don't look that good imho. But no worries, there's a script I can use for commercial games and it should work nice. But I'm still going to hold on using it, don't want to accidentally make the game too unfair :rolleyes:

(she's already going at full speed at her lowest "dick level" xD)

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

So, I thought that I could see the change to VX Ace as an opportunity to start making the maps as parallax images, making them creepier and less blocky. But as I was making the Attic (the one in the image) I realized it may cause problems with any lighting systems I may want to apply due to the reasons mentioned earlier.

I still don't know if that will represent a considerable impact on the game difficulty but I think I prefer to have the option to add the lighting system if it does than having to rework the entire maps if I want to do it. Tomorrow I'm going to do some tests, see if the scripts and the overlay pictures from the parallax and the lights have compatibility issues. If they do I think I will just go with making the maps on the editor and applying tints and overlays normally.

Also, I decided to make my own sprites for the girls. WAY too small the standard VX Ace sprite size and the maps feel way bigger than they are. I don't think I'm much of a spriter now but I only have to make like 4 or 5 sets of sprites so it should be ok.

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

I'm by no means a very experienced spriter, in fact I'm not very confident in my abiiity for it. Having said that, here is a very basic sprite I made for Lucia. I think the overall shape of it turned out ok (though I will probably change her legs a bit) but I'm having a lot of trouble choosing the colors for her shading, I think partly because it's been a lot of time since I tried my hand at spriting and partly because I'm trying out a new app for it, Aseprite, and I haven't been able to work with the palette editor in a way I feel confortable with it. So I'll be refreshing knowledge the rest of the day and toying aroung with the app, see if I can make it work for me better.

Attachments

mutilador00

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm by no means a very experienced spriter, in fact I'm not very confident in my abiiity for it. Having said that, here is a very basic sprite I made for Lucia. I think the overall shape of it turned out ok (though I will probably change her legs a bit) but I'm having a lot of trouble choosing the colors for her shading, I think partly because it's been a lot of time since I tried my hand at spriting and partly because I'm trying out a new app for it, Aseprite, and I haven't been able to work with the palette editor in a way I feel confortable with it. So I'll be refreshing knowledge the rest of the day and toying aroung with the app, see if I can make it work for me better.
Progress is looking good the custom sprites are a nice touch

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Thanks, yeah, I'll try to at least make them decent looking enough :p

Normally I would take at least sunday free and relax but... I reaally, really want to release as soon as I can the VX Ace version demo. So, I took some time today to advance a little more Lucia's sprite and also keep testing my mapping options. The sprite, I think I got a decent enough front walking one:

About the mapping, I decided to discard the parallax mapping option. It definitely presents problems with the lighting and the resolution expanding. Maybe I could get them to work together but definitely seems like it would take a LOT of extra time I really prefer using on animating scenes or even including the option for different costumes. Honestly, I don't mind not using parallax. Yeah, maybe I could have made more interesting maps but after I spent the afternoon figuring out the lighrning script and doing some tests on the attic, I think it looks just fine as it is. Here is a quick look:

The light in front of Lucia is a lantern light, it works really well moving with her so in case I end implementing a lighting item/spells system to add a little more difficulty/depth to the game I already know the script is more than capable.

Also, those values for the darkness are not final, I feel it's kind of dark if I'm not going to go for the lighting system yet.

Now, if you excuse me, I'll go relax the rest of the day and play Stranger at Sword City, which btw, as I play it with my character surrounded by busty human and ney girls in the party I can't stop thinking about making the first person dungeon crawler game idea it's been on my notes since a long time ago. I think even though the MC would be male, people who normally don't like games with male MCs would actually like it.... but that's a story for another time. Focus! :rolleyes:

drossvamp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

the game looks great keep up the good work :)

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

the game looks great keep up the good work :)
Thanks!

Well, I bring good and bad news.

I did finish the VX Ace demo version almost as close as the MV was. In fact, I think it looks better with the Victor Lighting script.

The bad news, I don't think it helped much with the performance problems.

Anyway, you can check the details and DL the demo on my patreon page. I included a link with RTP and one without RTP for those that have it already installed to reduce the DL time.

As always, feedback is welcome :)

Darthan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well, I bring good and bad news.

I did finish the VX Ace demo version almost as close as the MV was. In fact, I think it looks better with the Victor Lighting script.

The bad news, I don't think it helped much with the performance problems
That would not be correct, there is some slight lag at first, not sure why as nothing should be causing that, and some slight lag when the scenes begin, but other than that it runs fine.

I would like to point out that getting the titjob scene gets you stuck with Lena fucking Lucia's tits since you can't actually progress the scene, but I am guessing that you are aware of that.

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

I'm guessing you didn't read the patreon post :p

Anyway. W key skips the looping parts of the animation. The lag when starting a new game it's because I made an event to preload the shirt ripping scene there. The BJ scene gets lag the first time you run it because it doesn't have a preload event, should look fine after that. I did make one but the loading time was kind of long everytime you get the scene so I removed it.

You should try the demo again, the RAM comsuption gets a lot larger as the scene progresses :/

Darthan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm guessing you didn't read the patreon post :p

Anyway. W key skips the looping parts of the animation. The lag when starting a new game it's because I made an event to preload the shirt ripping scene there. The BJ scene gets lag the first time you run it because it doesn't have a preload event, should look fine after that. I did make one but the loading time was kind of long everytime you get the scene so I removed it.

You should try the demo again, the RAM comsuption gets a lot larger as the scene progresses :/
I read it, I just totally misread that part, thought it was talking about switching skills.

The fact that it is playable at all is a big improvement for me. The only thing I can think of is to try to find a different program to make the loops cause it seems the one you are using is not creating the loops in an efficient way. Maybe talk to some of the other animators and see what they use.

I also like the flashlight, that is pretty cool.

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

I read it, I just totally misread that part, thought it was talking about switching skills.

The fact that it is playable at all is a big improvement for me. The only thing I can think of is to try to find a different program to make the loops cause it seems the one you are using is not creating the loops in an efficient way. Maybe talk to some of the other animators and see what they use.

I also like the flashlight, that is pretty cool.
Not really, the loops are actually the shorter parts of the animation. By a LONG shot. It's the linking animations between them that are long. Just the first stage is 140 frames long, the cum stage is even longer. The loops are 20-40 tops.

Still, like I said, I can't really imagine RPG Maker handling 9 more animations like that if you play the game in one sit. And if you don't play it in one sit, always getting laggy animations the first time.

Sadly, (though I'm excited at the same time), I think I'm going to switch to Unity. It has support for Moho, the software I use for animations, so making assets shouldn't be a problem, but I'm going to need more time to get familiar enought with Unity first :rolleyes:

EcchiExpress

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This shows promise, keep up the good work

Darthan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Not really, the loops are actually the shorter parts of the animation. By a LONG shot. It's the linking animations between them that are long. Just the first stage is 140 frames long, the cum stage is even longer. The loops are 20-40 tops.
I don't know why I said loops, my brain seems to not be working correctly lately, I meant animations. It seems to me that Moho is not a very good program since you are winding up with stuff that is way bigger than it needs to be and it seemed to have problems with exporting the animations, though you did say that was specific to it exporting as flash files, that it messed up the colors. That is why I suggest that you try talking with some of the other animators and see if they can help you out.

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

I don't know why I said loops, my brain seems to not be working correctly lately, I meant animations. It seems to me that Moho is not a very good program since you are winding up with stuff that is way bigger than it needs to be and it seemed to have problems with exporting the animations, though you did say that was specific to it exporting as flash files, that it messed up the colors. That is why I suggest that you try talking with some of the other animators and see if they can help you out.
Oh, the problems were with formats RPG Maker doesn't support anyway xD
I could use MP4 on MV, it's only a minor color change but the quality itself is still good, but video playing is always crap on RPG Maker.

Really, the problem is that to get good fluid animation you need lots of frames which are a LOT of image sequences for each animation. So the only real solution if I reaaally want to keep using RPG Maker would be to make waaay simpler animations and probably reduce the resolution size.

So, just so you know, it's pretty much official, I'm changing to Unity. Hopefully that will mean an even better game that doesn't crash and burns peoples computers, but it's going to get time to set up a playable demo as I'm not that familiar with it and I'll have to make pretty much every art asset. (Though I will most likely commission the background art).

Anyway, FYI, it doesn't mean the project is dead, I'm still working on it. It's just that I won't have anything game related worthy enough to show for a while. I'm still working on drawings and such, in the next couple of days I'll be posting the succubus character I'm making.

Also, so Patrons get something for their bucks while waiting, I'll be making weekly short animations, starting next week. I still haven't announced anything on Patreon because I want to first finish the succubus drawing :rolleyes:

y0sman said:
There's a second scene? So far I've only gotten the tit fucking scene.
Yeah, BJ = BoobJob.

the other scene is the shirt ripping animation, not that long but it counts :D

tontoman

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey just tried the second demo... yeah didn't survive the stress test :p.

On the MV Ace version, was it just the one room plus starting room? Because the stairs didnt' seem to run. Well at least this version ran :).

BTW when it comes to animations etc... to be honest while I like them (and why not), it's the concept that really interests me. If this could be a more lengthy stripping (more clothing items), running/hide game with sexing when caugth I'd be happy. The animations are just a bonus for me.

So I'm all for more items stripped. More sex options (depending on condition) and the sticky results. And all that showing on the large character display as you play.. as things slowly get worse. Would be great. Animations (short strip ones would be nice) for me (personal taste) don't need to be epic long ones if it's a real techinical issue. A kinky futa Amnesia lol.

Cheers, good luck on the game.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, RPGMaker was never really meant to handle animated CGs. Though it is surprising that it just freaks out over them. Probably a memory leak somewhere.

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Well, after doing some research I decided that I'm definitely switching to Unity.

What does this means?

Well, for starters, it will take more time to complete the game as I'm not as familiar with Unity as I'm with RPG Maker, not to mention that I will have to make or commission pretty much every art asset. Luckily I've been tinkering with Unity these last couple of days and I find it very intuitive so hopefully it won't take too much time and it will actually end up being a better game.

Of course, I realize I won't have much to give game-related for a while so I don't expect people to support me during that time without some kind of perk, so I decided to start making short animations weekly and make them available for my patrons. For the time being I will be making them with characters and fetishes I feel like doing because I think that taking votes or making a commission pledge tier level would take too much time I should use to actually make the game.

Also, pledges will still count towards the total cost of getting the game but depending on how many assets I have to buy/commission, the price of the game may go up, but nothing beyond 10$.

I'll update my Patreon page with accurate information in the next days because right now it's really.... really.... REALLY late and I need sleep =_=

PD: Attached is the concept art for the succubus. The next thing I'll be working on game art related will be Lucia's sprite for Unity to test rigging and bone animation, so if everything go well maybe you can expect soon some sort of small demo where you can move her around a bit :)

PD2: Since I can't change the title of the thread anymore I will be creating a new one when I get some sort of demo on Unity to share.

Hey just tried the second demo... yeah didn't survive the stress test :p.

On the MV Ace version, was it just the one room plus starting room? Because the stairs didnt' seem to run. Well at least this version ran :).

BTW when it comes to animations etc... to be honest while I like them (and why not), it's the concept that really interests me. If this could be a more lengthy stripping (more clothing items), running/hide game with sexing when caugth I'd be happy. The animations are just a bonus for me.

So I'm all for more items stripped. More sex options (depending on condition) and the sticky results. And all that showing on the large character display as you play.. as things slowly get worse. Would be great. Animations (short strip ones would be nice) for me (personal taste) don't need to be epic long ones if it's a real techinical issue. A kinky futa Amnesia lol.

Cheers, good luck on the game.
Thanks! I understand your point, but well... I love animations... xD
Who knows? Maybe the gameplay itself will get better with the switch, in fact, as I tinker with Unity I think in all the possibilities it opens up, though I most likely still keep the game relatively close to what I had at first to avoid overreaching and long release time. (Of course, if it gets lots of support and people decide they don't mind waiting more for a game with more stuff, who am I to say no? xD)

super_slicer said:
Yeah, RPGMaker was never really meant to handle animated CGs. Though it is surprising that it just freaks out over them. Probably a memory leak somewhere.
Apparently it does have a leak, not only that, I'd guess the problem is the way it handles assets. It simply loads them when needed and will remain loaded until you close the game. Pretty much the reason I think it won't be able to handle the final game with all the animations no matter how much I trim them while preserving some quality.

Zanara

Lurker
Reputation score

"PD: Attached is the concept art for the succubus. The next thing I'll be working on game art related will be Lucia's sprite for Unity to test rigging and bone animation, so if everything go well maybe you can expect soon some sort of small demo where you can move her around a bit "

...Will she also have a dick?
>.>
Please?