What's new

Unknown/Hiatus [RPG Maker MV] Sexonomicon [Futa, Animation]

neokima

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RPG Maker MV] Sexonomicon [Futa, Animation]

whoa man! Great start of the game. I'm curious how much better it can get! The demo already intrigues me and the future sight of the story and gameplay look awesome.
Keep up the good work!:)

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

"PD: Attached is the concept art for the succubus. The next thing I'll be working on game art related will be Lucia's sprite for Unity to test rigging and bone animation, so if everything go well maybe you can expect soon some sort of small demo where you can move her around a bit "

...Will she also have a dick?
>.>
Please?
dicks*

neokima said:
whoa man! Great start of the game. I'm curious how much better it can get! The demo already intrigues me and the future sight of the story and gameplay look awesome.
Keep up the good work!
Thanks!

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

So, what's new?

First, I've decided to make the short animations available for everyone instead of only for patrons. At the end of the day I believe Patreon is a support platform so I guess I'll just try to make good stuff and hope people like what I do and feel like supporting me :rolleyes:. But! I won't be making one weekly. I believe the game comes first so I rather use more time on it. Right now I'd say I'll be able to make two short animations monthly but it may be only one if I need more time for the game, specially now that I'm busting my ass to get something working and a demo. Of course, that doesn't mean I haven't been working on the animation at all, here is what I go so far (if you recognize that character then you know who he will be screwing :))

As for the game, it will be a sideview adventure game, still will be about activating the seals to send the succubus back to her world while hiding/running away from your futa friend. Some mechanics may change but most likely for the better. And a little something before I go to show a bit of the work I'm doing these days, here's a test bone rigging of a test sprite of Lucia.

The sprite is unfinished because first I wanted to test if it moves seamlessly but yeah, that's pretty much the nude version. The good thing about this is that not only I might be able to easily add a clothing system (find different set of clothes around the house) but I may be able to add more simpler sex animations besides the big scenes. So yeah, like I said, it may take more time but the changes will be for the better :D

(Oh, and I doubt it will be crashing peoples computers :p)

Mirza86

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey! I am so happy to hear about others making quality Futa games. There can never be enough Futa out there! That being said, I downloaded your stress test demo and everything works great until i try and walk down the staircase.

"Now Loading..." appears on the screen and MASSIVELY crashes my comp. Once it goes to that screen, it takes up 90%+ of my CPU! I have no idea what might be causing it, as my computer is not brand new, but still runs current games at high quality and maintains 60+FPS. Any insight into that, or if others have had similar issues, any help is appreciated!

I wanna get my hands on this Futa Goodness! :D

Darthan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hey! I am so happy to hear about others making quality Futa games. There can never be enough Futa out there! That being said, I downloaded your stress test demo and everything works great until i try and walk down the staircase.

"Now Loading..." appears on the screen and MASSIVELY crashes my comp. Once it goes to that screen, it takes up 90%+ of my CPU! I have no idea what might be causing it, as my computer is not brand new, but still runs current games at high quality and maintains 60+FPS. Any insight into that, or if others have had similar issues, any help is appreciated!

If you are talking about the MV stress test, welcome to the world of RPG Maker MV games, if you are talking adout the Ace stress test I have no idea what would be causing that to happen.

Good news is, the game is being remade in Unity, no demo yet, so you will be able to play the game without problems, unless your computer doesn't like Unity for some odd reason.

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Thanks! Nice to know!

But yeah, pretty much what Darthan said. The game eats RAM like crazy on RPG Maker and crashes on most computers with 4gb of ram or less (maybe even 8) so I'm switching to Unity, which will take more time but I think will result in a better game.

Today I got most of the rigging for Lucia done. I still need to rig the boobs, add weights and use the FDDs(deformation tools) so the boots move with the legs and joints move better, but I'm getting there and working on it everyday :)

Darthan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Today I got most of the rigging for Lucia done. I still need to rig the boobs, add weights and use the FDDs(deformation tools) so the boots move with the legs and joints move better, but I'm getting there and working on it everyday :)

Looking good, I am starting to wish that I new anything about Unity so that I could help you, but sadly, I know nothing.:(

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Hey!

So... yeah... haven't posted here in a month it seems :rolleyes:
Sorry about that, really working my ass off =_=

Anyway, stuff I haven't posted here.

I'm making a little short game before I actually start with Sexonomicon. Basically I thought it would be better to make something else as practice than begin making the game flinging wildly around. The tentative name is "Succubus Fight", the main character will be the succubus from Sexonomicon, Canela (also tentative name). I would say it's pretty much something like "what was she doing before getting summoned".

Here is an image of how the background of the game is looking so far and some models with different angles and poses of her.

The aim I have for this game is pretty much something like Sister Fight but not as stupidly simple. I want to add a little corruption and a bit more of gameplay. Not saying it's going to be a LOT more than Sister Fight, but yeah... not that simple. But still it's going to be the player as Canela trying to fuck another girl, I still have to make a sketch of that character but I already gathered references and I have a pretty good idea. A knightish kind of girl.

I will send the uncensored game to every patron I have at the moment I finish it no matter how much they have pledged and will sell it on DLsite, not for much but still more than I would like to considering DLsite's cut =/

Aaaand here's a drawing I'm making when I get bored of doing too much non-hentai stuff (which sadly is 99.9999% of my work at the moment =_=)
It's not for the game, just drawing the characters to keep them fresh and... well... it's futa hentai, why not make it? xD

I wanted to finish it last week but I didn't have enough time :(

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hey!

So... yeah... haven't posted here in a month it seems :rolleyes:
Sorry about that, really working my ass off =_=

Anyway, stuff I haven't posted here.

I'm making a little short game before I actually start with Sexonomicon. Basically I thought it would be better to make something else as practice than begin making the game flinging wildly around. The tentative name is "Succubus Fight", the main character will be the succubus from Sexonomicon, Canela (also tentative name). I would say it's pretty much something like "what was she doing before getting summoned".

Here is an image of how the background of the game is looking so far and some models with different angles and poses of her.

The aim I have for this game is pretty much something like Sister Fight but not as stupidly simple. I want to add a little corruption and a bit more of gameplay. Not saying it's going to be a LOT more than Sister Fight, but yeah... not that simple. But still it's going to be the player as Canela trying to fuck another girl, I still have to make a sketch of that character but I already gathered references and I have a pretty good idea. A knightish kind of girl.

I will send the uncensored game to every patron I have at the moment I finish it no matter how much they have pledged and will sell it on DLsite, not for much but still more than I would like to considering DLsite's cut =/

Aaaand here's a drawing I'm making when I get bored of doing too much non-hentai stuff (which sadly is 99.9999% of my work at the moment =_=)
It's not for the game, just drawing the characters to keep them fresh and... well... it's futa hentai, why not make it? xD

I wanted to finish it last week but I didn't have enough time :(
mah body is ready. XD good luck dude. looking forward to your work

Attachments

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

mah body is ready. XD good luck dude. looking forward to your work
Thanks! xD

I created an account over at Futanari's Palace and was going to wait to do this until I got some feedback there too but apparently it got hacked as soon as I registered and isn't showing any signs of life yet. So, the thing I wanted to do is make a poll to get feedback whether I should just go back to keep making the game on RPG Maker VX Ace or keep at it on Unity. Here is the link:

Now, to better explain the reason behind it.

It's not like I find Unity hard or don't want to work on it anymore. Even if this game gets voted for RPG Maker I'm still going to keep learning Unity because I still want to eventually make a first person dungeon crawler game there and still going to keep making Succubus Fight (just with less priority). The thing is... it's going slow. When I was making it on RPG Maker I expected by now to have a LOT more done and I would feel more confident on spreading the word a bit more. It kinds of stresses me going too long not doing any H content xD. And well, at this pace it kind of worries me if I'm going to be able to keep working full time at this much longer.

Honestly, another reason for the switch was that I also tend to think people are tired of RPG Maker games and without the animations people wouldn't care about my game but considering how many popular games are still made there and that someone here suggested I could just drop the animations completely and keep making it on RPG Maker aaand how slow things are going with learning and making at the same time on Unity... I would lie if I said I don't consider sometimes going back to RPG Maker for this game.

So, I hope I can get a good amount of votes to properly make a decision, don't know how much time would be good to keep the poll going, considering threads tend to get lost quite quickly. A week? Too much? 3 days? Too little? Let me know what do you think xD

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I created an account over at Futanari's Palace and was going to wait to do this until I got some feedback there too but apparently it got hacked as soon as I registered and isn't showing any signs of life yet.
FutanariPalace got hacked, or your account did?

So, I hope I can get a good amount of votes to properly make a decision, don't know how much time would be good to keep the poll going, considering threads tend to get lost quite quickly. A week? Too much? 3 days? Too little? Let me know what do you think xD
I'd say leave it up for a week. Might as well take that long to think about it anyway.

And I would say stick with unity. As you said the animations are a major selling point, and RPGMaker doesn't handle animations with that many frames very well. Also as you said, there are a lot of RPGMaker games out there already. Using a different engine would help your game stand out.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth. And I'll continue to keep an eye on this. Good luck with it, whatever you decide to do. :)

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks! xD

I created an account over at Futanari's Palace and was going to wait to do this until I got some feedback there too but apparently it got hacked as soon as I registered and isn't showing any signs of life yet. So, the thing I wanted to do is make a poll to get feedback whether I should just go back to keep making the game on RPG Maker VX Ace or keep at it on Unity. Here is the link:

Now, to better explain the reason behind it.

It's not like I find Unity hard or don't want to work on it anymore. Even if this game gets voted for RPG Maker I'm still going to keep learning Unity because I still want to eventually make a first person dungeon crawler game there and still going to keep making Succubus Fight (just with less priority). The thing is... it's going slow. When I was making it on RPG Maker I expected by now to have a LOT more done and I would feel more confident on spreading the word a bit more. It kinds of stresses me going too long not doing any H content xD. And well, at this pace it kind of worries me if I'm going to be able to keep working full time at this much longer.

Honestly, another reason for the switch was that I also tend to think people are tired of RPG Maker games and without the animations people wouldn't care about my game but considering how many popular games are still made there and that someone here suggested I could just drop the animations completely and keep making it on RPG Maker aaand how slow things are going with learning and making at the same time on Unity... I would lie if I said I don't consider sometimes going back to RPG Maker for this game.

i'll suggest unity as rpg maker is quite behind it in possibilities and the best rpg maker... i mean "best rpg maker" rpg mv is wonky. i'll thus suggest you use unity and once in a while dabble in rpg maker with some mini games? if you wish to keep up with... rpg maker i guess?

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

FutanariPalace got hacked, or your account did?

I'd say leave it up for a week. Might as well take that long to think about it anyway.

And I would say stick with unity. As you said the animations are a major selling point, and RPGMaker doesn't handle animations with that many frames very well. Also as you said, there are a lot of RPGMaker games out there already. Using a different engine would help your game stand out.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth. And I'll continue to keep an eye on this. Good luck with it, whatever you decide to do. :)
Well, to be honest I'm not certain futanari palace got hacked or if it's just down but at the very least it doesn't open for me anymore even on the phone and I never even got the confirmation email when I registered.

And yeah, I agree completely about Unity being superior. But time needed to make something playable and decent is also a pretty important factor, and in that regard RPG Maker does win hands down, at least at the moment.

And I would be using RPG Maker VX Ace, johntrine, I think it's the one that behaved the best when I did the demos, also the lighting scripts were far superior.

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well, to be honest I'm not certain futanari palace got hacked or if it's just down but at the very least it doesn't open for me anymore even on the phone and I never even got the confirmation email when I registered.

And yeah, I agree completely about Unity being superior. But time needed to make something playable and decent is also a pretty important factor, and in that regard RPG Maker does win hands down, at least at the moment.

And I would be using RPG Maker VX Ace, johntrine, I think it's the one that behaved the best when I did the demos, also the lighting scripts were far superior.
i have never programmed but have noticed as a player that unity has a downside that there is a lot of lag if the files arents correctly compressed and a lot of junk is there. rpg maker doesnt suffers from that. except rpgmv. it runs like ass if not correctly compressed. heck sometimes it runs poorly BECAUSE it's compressed. do keep that in mind when using rpgmv.

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Well, I doubt 2D stuff can make much lag on Unity unless using a lot of pictures with humongous resolutions and size at the same time, or due to really bad coding. Also, while making your project you can add all the junk you want but if it isn't actually used in some way in the game, Unity won't export them on the final game files at all.

About the RPG Makers, the problem with MV is that it only loads assets when needed and then they are kept on RAM forever until you close the game. This means that if you don't somehow preload the images needed for an animation you will get flickering the first time the animation is shown. On the other hand, if you preload everything and you have a a lot of files, it will eat RAM like crazy.

I think VX Ace works the same way but right now I don't remember if I got flickering too. Still ate RAM like crazy when loading a lot of pictures but seems to be more performance friendly than MV. Honestly, the only thing I remember missing from MV besides integrated mouse control, is the bigger tile size.

Btw, can anyone confirm if futanari palace is down or if it's just me? :confused:

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well, I doubt 2D stuff can make much lag on Unity unless using a lot of pictures with humongous resolutions and size at the same time, or due to really bad coding. Also, while making your project you can add all the junk you want but if it isn't actually used in some way in the game, Unity won't export them on the final game files at all.

About the RPG Makers, the problem with MV is that it only loads assets when needed and then they are kept on RAM forever until you close the game. This means that if you don't somehow preload the images needed for an animation you will get flickering the first time the animation is shown. On the other hand, if you preload everything and you have a a lot of files, it will eat RAM like crazy.

I think VX Ace works the same way but right now I don't remember if I got flickering too. Still ate RAM like crazy when loading a lot of pictures but seems to be more performance friendly than MV. Honestly, the only thing I remember missing from MV besides integrated mouse control, is the bigger tile size.

Btw, can anyone confirm if futanari palace is down or if it's just me? :confused:
oh. ok.
also the site has server error

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Well, I just checked and it's finally up but it's pretty late so I'll check it out tomorrow =_=

So!

According to strawpoll, the poll has been going on for 5 days and "Just Unity" and "RPG Maker VX Ace with simple animations or else Unity" are quite close so far, making me consider the votes for "RPG Maker VX Ace even if just CGs" as overall votes for going back to RPG Maker, I mean, in the end they are votes for that. I hope that's not seen as a dick move by me trying to get back to RPG Maker because I got cold feet with Unity or something like that, considering I'm still using Unity for Succubus Fight.

Speaking of Succubus Fight, this week sucked pretty hard, there was this issue in Venezuela (though I'm not living there anymore I'm from that country) so a couple of days I was looking the news and talking with family and friends still there. And then I pulled something on my back a couple of days ago (or at least I hope I pulled something because if it's not that then the back surgery I had a long time ago got screwed up...) meaning I was in bed most of the time these days. Today I did some sketching, didn't finish it because I'm still trying to keep my time seated to a minimum.

I present to you, a crappy (unfinished) rough sketch of the other character for Succubus Fight (the one who will get screwed :rolleyes:)

She will use the torch to fight and I may give her also a cage door as a shield (it makes sense when you see the scenario of the fight, hellish prison pretty much). The idea is that she is basically a prisoner there and is trying to escape so obviously she'll fight with whatever is at hand.
I want her to be shorter than the succubus so I made her a bit stocky, though I also have swirling in my mind another design for her so I may sketch that one too and if I can't really decide I'll put that to a vote too, just a couple of days though.

Btw, I may extend the "what to do with Sexonomicon" poll a bit more, considering I'll be posting it on futanari palace tomorrow and that would give only a couple of days max. for people there to vote.

Aaaaand... that's it....

For now!

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well, I just checked and it's finally up but it's pretty late so I'll check it out tomorrow =_=

So!

According to strawpoll, the poll has been going on for 5 days and "Just Unity" and "RPG Maker VX Ace with simple animations or else Unity" are quite close so far, making me consider the votes for "RPG Maker VX Ace even if just CGs" as overall votes for going back to RPG Maker, I mean, in the end they are votes for that. I hope that's not seen as a dick move by me trying to get back to RPG Maker because I got cold feet with Unity or something like that, considering I'm still using Unity for Succubus Fight.

Speaking of Succubus Fight, this week sucked pretty hard, there was this issue in Venezuela (though I'm not living there anymore I'm from that country) so a couple of days I was looking the news and talking with family and friends still there. And then I pulled something on my back a couple of days ago (or at least I hope I pulled something because if it's not that then the back surgery I had a long time ago got screwed up...) meaning I was in bed most of the time these days. Today I did some sketching, didn't finish it because I'm still trying to keep my time seated to a minimum.

I present to you, a crappy (unfinished) rough sketch of the other character for Succubus Fight (the one who will get screwed :rolleyes:)

She will use the torch to fight and I may give her also a cage door as a shield (it makes sense when you see the scenario of the fight, hellish prison pretty much). The idea is that she is basically a prisoner there and is trying to escape so obviously she'll fight with whatever is at hand.
I want her to be shorter than the succubus so I made her a bit stocky, though I also have swirling in my mind another design for her so I may sketch that one too and if I can't really decide I'll put that to a vote too, just a couple of days though.

Btw, I may extend the "what to do with Sexonomicon" poll a bit more, considering I'll be posting it on futanari palace tomorrow and that would give only a couple of days max. for people there to vote.

Aaaaand... that's it....

For now!
well.
1st) dude. take your time if there are personal problems. do keep us people in loop if there will be a delay. i'll rather have you take your time and solve the personal stuff and coming back to continuing the game than giving up halfway due to life. not saying you would... but life's a heartless bitch at times.

2nd) the character looks nice.

3rd) my personal query as it seems you'll increase the stuff in the other game but will there be bondage stuff like trap quest? if you dont know that game then check it out. it's awesome. though more text and pics than sprites. so ya, as i was asking. for bondage stuff like equip able hand cuffs, ankle cuffs and gags of if captured then you'll have to escape with them on and find the keys to unlock them. would be nice since will give a few more stuff at side sprite. also. my personal preference would be for equip able ones. just so i can have the charecter eqip them. also if there will be parasites or parasitic or ghostly(?) (is that a word? ghostly?) clothes to wear. also as always.. keep up the hard work! and take care! hope things goes smoothly, at work and at life. XD Peace out :D

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Well, I can't really take it easy, I do want to do this for a living after all :p, but yeah, have to take care better of myself a bit more.

About your queries, well, I've been thinking a lot about the gameplay but haven't announced anything because I wanted to have the polls results first, anyway, here it goes:

Basically I've been thinking that currently the game works the way I believe most H-games shouldn't: making you lose to get the "goodies". I kind of softened it up a bit giving plenty of opportunities before an actual gameover but it still requires you to lose to get a couple of scenes you wouldn't see otherwise, though I was calling them "bad endings", it's still a gameover.

So, the solution I thought of was making the game time based. You will have a set amount of time to activate the seals or else the succubus will be free and well, you are screwed. And well, you can get Lucia caught and screwed all you want, almost. I mean, you would lose time getting caught so it will still lead to a gameover if done too much, but you will be able to see every Lena and Lucia scene without having to start over. And that means I would need to introduce penalties for getting caught, so yeah, I was thinking on bondage stuff that would slow you down. Though you won't be able to equip them yourself, that simply makes no sense here o.o

Still, just ideas swirling around my mind :p

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well, I can't really take it easy, I do want to do this for a living after all :p, but yeah, have to take care better of myself a bit more.

About your queries, well, I've been thinking a lot about the gameplay but haven't announced anything because I wanted to have the polls results first, anyway, here it goes:

Basically I've been thinking that currently the game works the way I believe most H-games shouldn't: making you lose to get the "goodies". I kind of softened it up a bit giving plenty of opportunities before an actual gameover but it still requires you to lose to get a couple of scenes you wouldn't see otherwise, though I was calling them "bad endings", it's still a gameover.

So, the solution I thought of was making the game time based. You will have a set amount of time to activate the seals or else the succubus will be free and well, you are screwed. And well, you can get Lucia caught and screwed all you want, almost. I mean, you would lose time getting caught so it will still lead to a gameover if done too much, but you will be able to see every Lena and Lucia scene without having to start over. And that means I would need to introduce penalties for getting caught, so yeah, I was thinking on bondage stuff that would slow you down. Though you won't be able to equip them yourself, that simply makes no sense here o.o

Still, just ideas swirling around my mind :p
The fact there is bondage so YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
and the equipable bondage stuff could be if people wanna play rhe game at hard mose. like i said in trap quest.