What's new

RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher / How to hook RPG Maker MV Games

Shieka

Reputation score
Someone either had a brain fart or just a case of defunct brain. rgss archives are for the ruby makers, not node-webkit ones.
So, obviously, not what this thread's tool was made to work with.
Never heard of 'ruby maker' and all these games look like they were made with RPG Maker when their core file is Game.exe.

Oh, I missed that one.

Either way, MTool should work. And usually, I can just NOT update.
MTool doesn't have an automated copy to clipboard function, which is essential if you're using more than one translator. I run two instances of Textractor to translate the clipboard with Google and DeepL. MTool wasn't so bad when it at least used Google, now it's using Bing after an update and there's no going back. As if the constant updates weren't annoying enough, Bing isn't as good as Google. Just another way MTool's dev is trying to strong arm people into paying and why I don't like using it.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Never heard of 'ruby maker' and all these games look like they were made with RPG Maker when their core file is Game.exe.

MTool doesn't have an automated copy to clipboard function, which is essential if you're using more than one translator. I run two instances of Textractor to translate the clipboard with Google and DeepL. MTool wasn't so bad when it at least used Google, now it's using Bing after an update and there's no going back. As if the constant updates weren't annoying enough, Bing isn't as good as Google. Just another way MTool's dev is trying to strong arm people into paying and why I don't like using it.
IMO, the reason Bing is worse than google is that it has fewer people using it. Plus, MS is trying to gatekeep their "better" translation behind their ChatGPT-bing fusion which costs extra.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
🤦 For people that can't read: 'ruby makers' refers to the three RPGMaker variants that were based on ruby interpreter (XP, VX, VXAce). :duh:

Shieka

Reputation score
🤦 For people that can't read: 'ruby makers' refers to the three RPGMaker variants that were based on ruby interpreter (XP, VX, VXAce). :duh:
(n) For condescending know-it-alls who think the average person that just plays RPGM games and doesn't make them should know what a ruby maker is. Please, tell me more about all the different RPGM engines oh great and wise lurker with 500+ posts.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Let's keep the snide remarks to a minimum, please.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
(n) For condescending know-it-alls who think the average person that just plays RPGM games and doesn't make them should know what a ruby maker is. Please, tell me more about all the different RPGM engines oh great and wise lurker with 500+ posts.
The Ruby Engine is just an older engine.

It was used for all RPGMaker games before RPGMaker MV and MZ. But you needed to actually install some programs on your computer to play them. Given you can already play the games, you probably already have it installed.

In which case, you can consider using AGTH and Translation Aggregator.

Unfortunately, both of those have discontinued support. Which is how MTool got in. It's constant updates is the exact opposite of those other tools.

Google Translate also has done some trick to their API to detect automated messages being sent, so those tools will start failing after about 5 minutes. After which, you need to wait hours before it un-blacklist your IP for botting Google translate.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Not so much programs as standard data packs - back then disk space had been treated as a sparse resource, so being able to share at least some of it between various games was a non-insignificant upside.

EcchtGakizo

Reputation score
Is there a way to stop repeating msgs in the clipboard? like a time active game?

It keeps repeating the name and flooding the clipboard. The TA can still translate the dialogue but it quickly disappears because of the flooding

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Is there a way to stop repeating msgs in the clipboard? like a time active game?

It keeps repeating the name and flooding the clipboard. The TA can still translate the dialogue but it quickly disappears because of the flooding
In the "Clipboard_llule.js" file, there is a "var IgnoreRegExtextbloc = ". Tell it to ignore certain regex.

YokoSayri

Reputation score

clipboard +Textractor with Remove Repeated Phrases ext.

EcchtGakizo

Reputation score
Hello again, the textractor is great but is there a way to hasten the translation? I have to wait a second instead of translating instantly.

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher 0.0.3.4

RPGMaker MZ Game Hook patcher (for js folder Game) ONLY for MZ and game not have www folder
extract zip in game folder after patching
edit(05/2023): RPGMaker MZ hook patcher cliplogger files added for guaranteed work
Microsoft Defender and MalwareBytes flag MZ Hooker as severe virus/trojan now. :(

Cyflan

Reputation score
Been trying both the OP's patcher and textractor on RJ224040. (RPG Maker MV game)
Patcher works otherwise, but in-battle it just spams the clipboard with the enemy name, and none of the settings seem to help with it at all.
And with textractor I cannot seem to find any hook that works in-battle.

I assume using regEX with the patcher would help, but I'm not sure what block would do it.

Anyone have any ideas on what could help?

(Outside of battle both seem to work fine, but there's alot of in-battle dialogue too)

omogi

Reputation score
the Cliploger does not open in some games, I don't know why, the hook is applied normally, but the cliploger does not open, I don't know if it is because they are new games or because they are with GPT AI translation.

YokoSayri

Reputation score
Been trying both the OP's patcher and textractor on RJ224040. (RPG Maker MV game)
Patcher works otherwise, but in-battle it just spams the clipboard with the enemy name, and none of the settings seem to help with it at all.
And with textractor I cannot seem to find any hook that works in-battle.

I assume using regEX with the patcher would help, but I'm not sure what block would do it.

Anyone have any ideas on what could help?

(Outside of battle both seem to work fine, but there's alot of in-battle dialogue too)
Скриншот 07.01.24_05.39.48.jpg
Add
。+
If a phrase has more than one delimiter 。 it is ignored and not sent to the clipboard. Will not be suitable for all games. Or in battles it is better to switch to another text hook

Cyflan

Reputation score
Doesn't seem to work.

Game_2024-01-08_18-27-21.png

It does show the battle dialogue too, but it's still spamming with the enemy name.

While with textractor, I just can't even find a hook that sees the battle dialogue.

YokoSayri

Reputation score
Doesn't seem to work.

View attachment 49309

It does show the battle dialogue too, but it's still spamming with the enemy name.

While with textractor, I just can't even find a hook that sees the battle dialogue.
While with textractor - clipboard. No hooks needed. Add extensions to remove repetitions if they are not already added there

Cyflan

Reputation score
While with textractor - clipboard. No hooks needed. Add extensions to remove repetitions if they are not already added there
Hooked the ClipLoger, can find the text, but still get spammed with the monster name.
Less through textractor, but because ClipLoger copies to clipboard automatically too, it's kind of a problem.

Oh well, guess I'll just wait and see if someone makes an english patch or something.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Hooked the ClipLoger, can find the text, but still get spammed with the monster name.
Less through textractor, but because ClipLoger copies to clipboard automatically too, it's kind of a problem.

Oh well, guess I'll just wait and see if someone makes an english patch or something.
Might be worth your while to go back to page 6 or so of this thread and skim through all the the posts from there onward. A good couple of potential fixes for similar spam / loop / flood / infinite repeat problems had been discussed - maybe one can help you.