RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher / How to hook RPG Maker MV Games

OP
Libellule

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher / How to hook RPG Maker MV Games

yup ^^ thanks for the info :), i will update my Howto with this version

i mailed Kao to see if i can directly integrate it in my patcher =) seeing that he make a nogui option, that i tested and works fine ^^

Last edited:

Launchernine

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks a bunch, l'ami! Your patcher work wonders, and it's in french, to boot? I was able to set it up and use it in a minute, top. Again, thanks a lot for sharing your hard work!^^

saionji11

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Having an issue hooking "Fallen Princess Ruth" 堕ち姫ルーシア物語.

The game seems to hook fine and translate properly, but when combat starts the battle text goes super fast with no apparent way to prevent it. I've tried disabling various functions when I hook the game, but I haven't found anything that allows the game to function normally.

The issue was posted on the game's thread, but no one has mentioned any solutions, so I thought I'd ask here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
Libellule

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

mmm, i DLed the trial and looked at it

the combat log flooding is somethings inherent of the game

the problem come from the fact that the plugin configure the game to send all text instantly (and not caract by caract) and desactivate any waiting time between line (some game have a waiting time in middle of the text that caused a sentence to come in 2 part)

mmm... i will look at it, i thinks if i add a option to desactivate the devactivation of text waiting time, what will be enough =)

Edit :

Oki, new version online, try to uncheck the new option =)

and dont forget the RegEx "(AM|PM)\d\d: \d\d" for this game ^^

Last edited:

saionji11

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It works! Thank you so much for the quick update!

OP
Libellule

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The cliplogger only shows 「ポップアップブロックによってブロックされました。」 instead of the real text. Translated its something about popup blocker. Does the cliplogger use any browser plugins?
on witch game ? that will look at that

and no, cliploger dont use any browser plugins, but it's maybe possible that the game himself yes, if he use a modified node

OP
Libellule

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

strange, i will DL the game and see if i find how to reproduce that o_O

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

what should I do if hp and mp endless loop(see screenshot) and bury is the text in a instant?

Attachments

OP
Libellule

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

what should I do if hp and mp endless loop(see screenshot) and bury is the text in a instant?
we can look to create a RegEx to delete this flooding block :)

but i will need to see exactly how the flood is, your screen is to little XD... i dont see anything
can you send me by PM some example of the flooding text (just copy/paste from cliploger)
the game name/RJ.number can help too, if i need a better look that just some example

Edit :

was for the game DayDreamer

RegEx :
Code:
^HP(|。)\d{1,3}(|。)\/(|\d{1,3})(|。)MP(|。)\d{1,3}(|。)\/(|\d{1,3})(|。)TP(|。).*HP(|。)\d{1,3}(|。)\/(|\d{1,3})(|。)MP(|。)\d{1,3}(|。)\/(|\d{1,3})(|。)TP(|。).*State.*($|.$|。$)
will add it to the RegEx utility list in the patcher

Last edited:

Drix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

RPGMaker MV games keep crashing after some time. Not sure if its the logger or not. Maybe there is a memory leak somewhere?

Has anyone experienced similar problems.

neon007

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This might be a bit offtopic but still relevant though. Is there any plugin or way to force older RPGmaker games to skip text. Many games have it but some do not and so annoying!

Something similar for RPGmakerVX and so on?

Drix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This might be a bit offtopic but still relevant though. Is there any plugin or way to force older RPGmaker games to skip text. Many games have it but some do not and so annoying!

Something similar for RPGmakerVX and so on?
You can do it yourself with cheat engine for the speed hack and autohotkey to spam Z.
It's a bit of a hack but it works.
Code:
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

$V::
    While GetKeyState("V","P"){
        Send z
        Sleep 10
    }
return
Set Ctrl+V as the cheat engine speed and pressing V key will spam Z. That's my setup.

Last edited:

M-77

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I want to try out and use your hooker, but i can not download any file from here:

I used "Mozilla Firefox" and "Epic" Browser (both have addblock on.)
Please upload on "Mega" or "Zippyshare".
The extractors on first page here i could download.
M-77

OP
Libellule

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

RPGMaker MV games keep crashing after some time. Not sure if its the logger or not. Maybe there is a memory leak somewhere?

Has anyone experienced similar problems.
yeah, some MV game have memory link, they often come from some plugin used (lot of pre-load image plugin, i personaly often disable them :p)

I want to try out and use your hooker, but i can not download any file from here:

I used "Mozilla Firefox" and "Epic" Browser (both have addblock on.)
Please upload on "Mega" or "Zippyshare".
The extractors on first page here i could download.
M-77
that strange o_O

here i uploaded the last version on zippy

Drix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

yeah, some MV game have memory link, they often come from some plugin used (lot of pre-load image plugin, i personaly often disable them :p)
How do you disable them?

Nellis

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

we can look to create a RegEx to delete this flooding block :)

but i will need to see exactly how the flood is, your screen is to little XD... i dont see anything
can you send me by PM some example of the flooding text (just copy/paste from cliploger)
the game name/RJ.number can help too, if i need a better look that just some example
Do you have a solution for RJ186234? This is what it's flooding during combat (it's the names of the characters)
Code:
「アイリス。」
「サーシャ。」
「リリア。」
「ライデン。」

OP
Libellule

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

How do you disable them?
in the plugin.ini, you can enable/disable any plugin by changin there status to true/false

disabling pre-loading image plugin normaly dont impact or broke anything in the game

Do you have a solution for RJ186234? This is what it's flooding during combat (it's the names of the characters)
Code:
「アイリス。」
「サーシャ。」
「リリア。」
「ライデン。」
try :

Code:
^(アイリス|サーシャ|リリア|ライデン)。$
i cant test it myself before this evening when i come back home ^^

MLS62

Reputation score

I want to say Oh My God, but it's more like 'Oh My You'. Get it, because you're a goddamned god. Seriously I was looking for a way to make this one game work for ages (okay, only like 3 hours, but that's still a lot) and now it worked in like 5 minutes. I love you #nohomo.

Nellis

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

try :

Code:
^(アイリス|サーシャ|リリア|ライデン)。$
i cant test it myself before this evening when i come back home ^^
This worked, thanks for the quick response :)

retromenace

Reputation score

Thanks for the tool, it's really simple to use so far (exactly what I've wanted since i'v never hooked a game before.) However, I got stuck at one point during installation and I'm having trouble.

I'm using chiitrans lite, and everything went fine up until the "play until you see the 572D lstrlenW pop in chiitrans" part. I was playing Succubus Frontier (aka RJ179039) and did the ENTIRE New Game wall of text and the two checkboxes never popped up. I also went into a save game i had and beat 10 or so random battles. Do I just need to keep playing for longer, or did something go wrong?

On a different note, every time i launch chiitrans it says it was unable to find ATLAS v14 and will use google translate instead. I take it ATLAS is just a better translation service than google? Is it worth getting for the sake of a better machine translation?