What's new

RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher / How to hook RPG Maker MV Games

OP
Libellule

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher / How to hook RPG Maker MV Games

Thanks for the tool, it's really simple to use so far (exactly what I've wanted since i'v never hooked a game before.) However, I got stuck at one point during installation and I'm having trouble.

I'm using chiitrans lite, and everything went fine up until the "play until you see the 572D lstrlenW pop in chiitrans" part. I was playing Succubus Frontier (aka RJ179039) and did the ENTIRE New Game wall of text and the two checkboxes never popped up. I also went into a save game i had and beat 10 or so random battles. Do I just need to keep playing for longer, or did something go wrong?
Plop ^^

the faster way if you use chiitrans lite is not to link it (the XXXD lstrlenW is realy usefull just to hook with VNR, because VNR need a real hook to be able to work at full)

for chiitrans Lite, just configure him so he grab the text from the clipboard

- launch chiitrans lite
- activate in the "option" "capture text from Clipboard"

- validate the option
- open the TL Windows

(no need to "connect" chiitrans lite with anything)
- launch the game (with my plugin installed in it)

my plugin will send all text to the clipboard, chiitrans lite will grab it and translate it in the TL windows

that all =)

On a different note, every time i launch chiitrans it says it was unable to find ATLAS v14 and will use google translate instead. I take it ATLAS is just a better translation service than google? Is it worth getting for the sake of a better machine translation?
Atlas is a offline translator, you need to install it on your PC to be able to use it, while google is a online one
personaly, i prefer the google one, but atlas is faster and dont need a connection

i advice to try this in place of chiitrans lite :
that version of TA have Bing translator in it, i like to have the translation of google + bing + atlas at the same time :p
(the bing in chiitrans lite dont works anymore :x)

dienow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I've never done regular expressions before:

四鬼谷 雪。HP。461弾5霊100恐37

How would I end up dividing this up to block?

EDIT:

Well shit, I guess this works:

[T-ENTA-P] Castle-Gun Sweeper RJ202419

^四鬼谷 雪(|。)HP(|。)\d{1,3}弾\d{1,3}霊\d{1,3}恐\d{1,3}.*四鬼谷 雪(|。)HP(|。)\d{1,3}弾\d{1,3}霊\d{1,3}恐\d{1,3}$

I don't know why it works, but it does. I just copied what you did for a previous one and spliced it. I sort of understand how it works, but I'm going to defer to others.

Although it seems to stop working if any of the numbers are zero.

Last edited:
OP
Libellule

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I've never done regular expressions before:

四鬼谷 雪。HP。461弾5霊100恐37

How would I end up dividing this up to block?
that somethings the game flood continuously that you want to erase ?

with this few info...it's a little hard to be precise

Code:
^.*。HP。\d{1,4}弾\d{1,3}霊\d{1,3}恐\d{1,3}$
if that dont work, can you give me more info, copy/paste me a good bunch of flood from cliploger so i see a little more of it ^^
i need to see how the line/block are arranged ^^

the name/RJ of the game can help too, with that i can directly look at it

gamefreak999

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

For Sugoroku Naked, if I try to use the hook patch on it, it says it is not the right game executable, select the one in the directory containing also the \www\ directory but the game.exe is in the same folder as www.

OP
Libellule

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

For Sugoroku Naked, if I try to use the hook patch on it, it says it is not the right game executable, select the one in the directory containing also the \www\ directory but the game.exe is in the same folder as www.

ho yeah o_O

that game is a bit tricky, you need to unpack the game.exe with Virtual Packages Extractor 1.1 first before you can patch it (because the plugin.js is hidden in) and play using the other .exe

here, to make simple, install this in your game, overwritting files, and use the game.exe in to launch the game =)

Duvet

Lurker
Reputation score

The demo for Dieselmine's next game is out for MV and is set to release by the end of the month.

So far, the hooker is able to pick up the text well except during the RPG battles. If you stall long enough, an H attack with text will happen, but the battle menu loops through it.

Goatse

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Heelo, sorry to be an inconvenience, but i'm not good with all this MV text hooking business. Case is, i have been using ITHVNR combined with TAHelper/TA to play moon rpgmaker games, and now i want to try MV games.

But after reading OP's first post, i'm stuck at TAHelper/TA use.

OP said, "if you use TA, you will not need Cliploger, so you can install the plugin with ClipLogerOnStart disable"

So how do i get the text hooked? afaik TA doesn't have text hook function?

OP
Libellule

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The demo for Dieselmine's next game is out for MV and is set to release by the end of the month.

So far, the hooker is able to pick up the text well except during the RPG battles. If you stall long enough, an H attack with text will happen, but the battle menu loops through it.

I'm not at home right now, i will look at this game to see the problem when i can ^^, i will try before the release *_*

Heelo, sorry to be an inconvenience, but i'm not good with all this MV text hooking business. Case is, i have been using ITHVNR combined with TAHelper/TA to play moon rpgmaker games, and now i want to try MV games.

But after reading OP's first post, i'm stuck at TAHelper/TA use.

OP said, "if you use TA, you will not need Cliploger, so you can install the plugin with ClipLogerOnStart disable"

So how do i get the text hooked? afaik TA doesn't have text hook function?
plop =)

the plugin make the works, my tools install 2 things "a plugin in the game" that send the text to the clipboard and "cliploger" a tools that grab all text from the clipboard and can be directly hooked by other tools (like vnr)

if you use TA, you dont need cliploger, because TA can directly grab the text from the clipboard, you just need to install the plugin in the game ^^

to chematise, there are 2 way to use the tools

- plugin in the game (send all text to clipboard) ===> Cliploger (grab clipboard ) <===== VNR(or other) hook cliploger

or

- plugin in the game (send all text to clipboard) ===> TA(or other) grab the text from the clipboard (with or without cliploger as log text)

just install the plugin and use your TA like alway =), normaly that will works

send me a PM if somethings wrong, we will see more in detail

Goatse

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oooh, oooohhhhh. Thanks friend, i kinda get it now.

I'll download and do some tests tomorrow, and will come back if i encounter problem. :eek:

OP
Libellule

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Hi, I've been testing your addon and I've got a problem
The text hook is not grabbing the name as a different entity but instead as part of the text, something like this

「サルマンあ~ダルいな~何もしたくないな~」

Instead of this

サルマン「あ~ダルいな~何もしたくないな~」

separates it by color so I don't think that's an issue

Btw I'm really grateful for this patch/addon*, I stopped playing months ago because most of the new games I wanted to play were in MV
Plop ^^

the plugin have a option for that, you need to activate it :

this game dont use the default color name but some of personal one, so you will need to add the code color used by the game in the list

i looked rapidly the game use

#20a0d6 for male
#ff784c for female

if you encounter some other color in the game, you can grab them with the ShowCodeColor option and add them to the list =)

Henlove77

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Plop ^^

the plugin have a option for that, you need to activate it :

this game dont use the default color name but some of personal one, so you will need to add the code color used by the game in the list

i looked rapidly the game use

#20a0d6 for male
#ff784c for female

if you encounter some other color in the game, you can grab them with the ShowCodeColor option and add them to the list =)

Wow I deleted the post because I couldn't do the same with a VX game and I thought it was a problem with ChiiTrans Lite, but it worked like a charm, many thanks!

Last edited:

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

ok let me know too please

bob779

Lurker
Reputation score
RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher / expsy_2017

RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher 3.1 doesn't work with the game expsy_2017 (free trial version available at trial.dlsite.com/doujin/RJ199000/RJ198901_trial.zip. Sorry, the forum won't let me post URL links.)

The patcher reports success but then when you try to start a new game it hangs on the first screen before displaying any dialog.

bace

Reputation score

Thanks a lot for creating this tool! Honestly, the pure dedication that you guys put into creating tools that helps other fans enjoy such a niche hobby is just amazing :D

Without people like you, niche hobbies like this will be very limited, so for that i really must thank you good sir.

devildragon777

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Can I get some help for the repeating text in Silver Wings Across The Lurid Sunset/RJ198947? Battles are getting message spammed...

jello_pudding

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Not sure how to get RegEX to block the constant time update in Technobreaks new game Nymphomania Paradox its spaming this 「08月 09日 (水)。午前02時 41分。」 (or "August 09 (Wednesday). 02: 41 am." in english) which spits out text every second.

OP
Libellule

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Can I get some help for the repeating text in Silver Wings Across The Lurid Sunset/RJ198947? Battles are getting message spammed...
didn't have time to look in detail, tell me if that become more complicated later in the game ^^ (with a save at the problem point if possible =))

here
Code:
^.*。 FE:\d{1,4} SP:\d{1,4}。.*。 FE:\d{1,4} SP:\d{1,4}。.*。 FE:\d{1,4} SP:\d{1,4}。.*。 FE:\d{1,4} SP:\d{1,4}。$

Not sure how to get RegEX to block the constant time update in Technobreaks new game Nymphomania Paradox its spaming this 「08月 09日 (水)。午前02時 41分。」 (or "August 09 (Wednesday). 02: 41 am." in english) which spits out text every second.
ths simple one will do the works ^^

Code:
^\d{1,2}月 \d{1,2}日.*\d{1,2}分。$

artikis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

didn't have time to look in detail, tell me if that become more complicated later in the game ^^ (with a save at the problem point if possible =))

here
Code:
^.*。 FE:\d{1,4} SP:\d{1,4}。.*。 FE:\d{1,4} SP:\d{1,4}。.*。 FE:\d{1,4} SP:\d{1,4}。.*。 FE:\d{1,4} SP:\d{1,4}。$

ths simple one will do the works ^^

Code:
^\d{1,2}月 \d{1,2}日.*\d{1,2}分。$
i tried to use the regex fix for Nymphomania Paradox, but its still spamming the date and time even when i added the fix on the hookpatcher before patching the game

OP
Libellule

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

i tried to use the regex fix for Nymphomania Paradox, but its still spamming the date and time even when i added the fix on the hookpatcher before patching the game
heee that strange, that works fine on my part *_*

can you copy/paste (or screen) me the clip loger windows so that i see exacly what is spammed on your part ^^
a save game anywhere where the spam occur can help me too ^^

artikis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

heee that strange, that works fine on my part *_*

can you copy/paste (or screen) me the clip loger windows so that i see exacly what is spammed on your part ^^
a save game anywhere where the spam occur can help me too ^^
this is a screenshot of the clip logger, i had to close the game since screenshot wont work at all with the constant copy paste

the spamming starts as soon as the game lets me start moving her on my own in the very start of the game..

i dont know if its related but, im using the older version of the patcher [0.0.2.1] since anything newer than that keeps giving me .NET framework error about Font 'calibri' regular does not support

Attachments