What's new

RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher / How to hook RPG Maker MV Games

That_Dude79

Reputation score
I've been having problems trying to get this to work after the last update. When I unpack the games I end up with the original exe, the game_unpacked, and another exe in the %default folder%. The original loads, but can't be hooked to(obviously), the game_unpacked won't load, just crashes immediately with "Game_unpacked.exe has stopped working", and the one in the %default folder% will load the window, but just displays a white screen, and never actually loads the game. Currently trying to play Granat by Orange Piece, but this happens on all several MV games I've tried to patch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I've been having problems trying to get this to work after the last update. When I unpack the games I end up with the original exe, the game_unpacked, and another exe in the %default folder%. The original loads, but can't be hooked to(obviously), the game_unpacked won't load, just crashes immediately with "Game_unpacked.exe has stopped working", and the one in the %default folder% will load the window, but just displays a white screen, and never actually loads the game. Currently trying to play Granat by Orange Piece, but this happens on all several MV games I've tried to patch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you.
Might be worth reading the opening post... Especially the part of it which says

"you will get a "%DEFAULT FOLDER%" directory with the game in it, you can delete the big .exe
warning : MV game realy dont like the "%" in directory name, you absolutly need to rename the directory on something without "%", or your game will not work (you will get a white page on game launch)".

*wink*

That_Dude79

Reputation score
Might be worth reading the opening post... Especially the part of it which says

"you will get a "%DEFAULT FOLDER%" directory with the game in it, you can delete the big .exe
warning : MV game realy dont like the "%" in directory name, you absolutly need to rename the directory on something without "%", or your game will not work (you will get a white page on game launch)".

*wink*
...I've been trying to figure this out for a month now, and after re-reading that post atleast 20 times, I have no idea how I missed that... ffs

Thank you!

Reputation score
I've been trying to unpack a 1GB+ game file but it fails, I can play the game but trying to unpack doesn't work
Here is what it says before it fails to unpack
[+] MD5: 9272c06aa65863006a84e5ffcd8c5219
[+] x86 executable
[x] Expected file size = 4FBCD000, real file size = 2AFCD000 or sometimes 34860000. Damaged file?
According to the info the real size of the game file should be around 700MB or 688MiB, or 840MiB for the latter real hex size
Any help? The game I am trying to unpack is Violette by Orange Piece

Last edited:
Reputation score
I've been trying to unpack a 1GB+ game file but it fails, I can play the game but trying to unpack doesn't work
Here is what it says before it fails to unpack
[+] MD5: 9272c06aa65863006a84e5ffcd8c5219
[+] x86 executable
[x] Expected file size = 4FBCD000, real file size = 2AFCD000 or sometimes 34860000. Damaged file?
According to the info the real size of the game file should be around 700MB or 688MiB, or 840MiB for the latter real hex size
Any help? The game I am trying to unpack is Violette by Orange Piece
use the version 0.51 of EnigmaVBUnpacker to unpack

onee-chan

Reputation score
Is it just me or does regex filter not work?

With Bounty Hunter 3 1.0 RJ225356 I still get the repeated values of:

Code:
「興奮度:000%」
「トイレ:022%」
「02:32 AM。」
「23:26 PM。」
Even after I made this Regex string:
Code:
(.+興奮度.\d+\%.+)|(.+トイレ.+\d+\%.+)|(.+\d\d.\d\d.+([AMPM]+。.+))
Would also be great if you could save the regex filters.

Kachopper9

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ok, I can't get the Regex filters to work for me.

This is what keeps repeating 「妖精ゲージ。0%。妖精ゲージ。0%。妖精ゲージ。0%。妖精ゲージ。0%。妖精ゲージ。0%。妖精ゲージ。0%。妖精ゲージ。0%。妖精ゲージ。0%。妖精ゲージ。0%。妖精ゲージ。0%。妖精ゲージ。0%。妖精ゲージ。0%。妖精ゲージ。0%。」

meatchunk

Reputation score
Man, I just spent more than an hour playing with the DTextPicture.js plugin (still don't know javascript) and found a workaround. I really wanted to play Bounty Hunter 3.
Then I realized I didn't need to edit the plugin. Regex didn't work for me at first but:
Code:
(興奮度.\d+)|(トイレ.\d+)
Works for me so far. Thanks onee-chan!
Edit:
Code:
(興奮度.\d+.)|(トイレ.\d+.)|(酔い度.\d+.)

Last edited:

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Posible dumb question incoming (and posibly not so dumb): is there a way get the lines from the text box separated in the clip board? for example:

"ああ、そうだお前らは当然みたいに一緒の部屋を使おうとしてるけどよちょっと納得いかねえことがあんだよな" this appears in the game like this:

1st line--ああ、そうだお
2nd line--前らは当然みたいに一緒の部屋を使おうとしてるけどよ
3rd line--ちょっと納得いかねえことがあんだよな

Right now i am taking it this way manually since that helps with the translation but i was curious if there was a way to break/separte them automatically?

maurilio_br

Reputation score
Man, I just spent more than an hour playing with the DTextPicture.js plugin (still don't know javascript) and found a workaround. I really wanted to play Bounty Hunter 3.
Then I realized I didn't need to edit the plugin. Regex didn't work for me at first but:
Code:
(興奮度.\d+)|(トイレ.\d+)
Works for me so far. Thanks onee-chan!
Edit:
Code:
(興奮度.\d+.)|(トイレ.\d+.)|(酔い度.\d+.)
Have you tried the partial up for the game? It has a few extras translated, which includes those annoying repetitive thingies, I'm trying to get rid of them but programming in any sort was never quite my strong point. The clock, excite and drunk are on full spam for me even while using what you posted.
Just a quick edit, that whatever I seem to try makes the hook not work at all, my best attempt at this was " (興奮度.\d+.)|(トイレ.\d+.)|(酔い度.\d+.)|(はい。).\d+.)|(いいえ.\d+.)|(Excite.\d+.)|(Drunk.\d+.) " and I have no idea if it's actually possible this would work, the hook simply doesn't open at all, revert back to your stuff, and it's there.

Edit of the edit: (トイレ.\d+.)|(興奮度.\d+.)|(Drunk:.\d+.)|(Excite:.\d+.)|(Toilet:.\d+.) works, only the clock keeps spamming every passed minute, but that doesn't bother me enough.

Last edited:

Hajtand

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Your program is very nifty, a wonderful tool indeed. I prefer this plugin with MV games over AGTH with VX Ace games.

I know this program and thread was meant to solve the problems regarding MV text hooking and decoding. And hope this doesn't seem rude to ask, but is there any chance for another cliplogger/texthooker like this being made. For games using the VX Ace engine?

emoisms101010

Reputation score
Is there an equivalent to this method for non MV games (XP and whatever)? A way to use TA with these games. Chiitrans doesn't seem to work with Win10.

fredinator

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I'm trying to add a regex for this
「1 日目 朝。」
「借金 1000000 G。」
But I can't get it to work. As soon as I write ANYTHING into the filter the cliplogger wont start anymore. Also I'm not sure if i understood regex. My first expression looks like this
^「/d{1,2} 日目 /w。」

Edit:
Ok I did it myself
regexr.com saved me on this one. Cliplogger refuses to run when the expression contains errors. The matching expressions seem to be
^\d{1,2} 日目 .
^借金 \d{1,7} G

Last edited:

fredinator

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Your program is very nifty, a wonderful tool indeed. I prefer this plugin with MV games over AGTH with VX Ace games.

I know this program and thread was meant to solve the problems regarding MV text hooking and decoding. And hope this doesn't seem rude to ask, but is there any chance for another cliplogger/texthooker like this being made. For games using the VX Ace engine?
Is there an equivalent to this method for non MV games (XP and whatever)? A way to use TA with these games. Chiitrans doesn't seem to work with Win10.
Maybe try ITH VNR with Translation Aggregator instead of AGTH. I got good results with that when I play any rpg maker games based on engines other than MV

Keidan

Reputation score
I'm trying to add a regex for this
「1 日目 朝。」
「借金 1000000 G。」
But I can't get it to work. As soon as I write ANYTHING into the filter the cliplogger wont start anymore. Also I'm not sure if i understood regex. My first expression looks like this
^「/d{1,2} 日目 /w。」

Edit:
Ok I did it myself
regexr.com saved me on this one. Cliplogger refuses to run when the expression contains errors. The matching expressions seem to be
^\d{1,2} 日目 .
^借金 \d{1,7} G
Hey thanks I was looking for that myself, I gotta learn how to do this regex pattern stuff eventually.

onee-chan

Reputation score
Gotta give credit to fredinator for some insight about Cliploggers regex, so I basically figured it out (at least so that it's functional now):

First of, you don't have to apply the hooker patch every time you wanna change the regex, you can go into the MV game's www folder and into js/plugins and find the file: Clipboard_llule.js
edit it in any text editor and find the the following:
JavaScript:
var IgnoreRegExtextbloc = [/^\d\d:\d\d($|.$|。$)/,/(^([,.\d]+)([,.]\d+)?)(\uFF27($|。$)|G($|。$)|$|。$)/,/^(\uFF27($|。$)|G($|。$))/];
Then to add any new regex code first you need to create a regex code and you HAVE TO have ^ in the beginning (as far as I know).
Then you simply do add a comma (,) after the last / within the [ ] bracket, then two // and write within the // your regex code, like this:
JavaScript:
// removed the standard regex for simplicity sake

var IgnoreRegExtextbloc = [/^\d\d:\d\d($|.$|。$)/,/^Got.*\d+.*G/];
That will ignore any repeated message of "Got x G" messages.

If you wanna learn how to create your own regex codes, remember to have it be on Javascript and /m mode if you're dealing with more than 1 line:
Editors:

Quickstart:

Last edited:

herpherp021

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey guys! I'm having a wee bit trouble trying to launch the hook patcher itself. Basically what happens is, when i start it, nothing happens. It shows up in task manager for a split sec and then it disappears. I only have malwarebytes running, but even if it's turned off same thing happens.
It works fine on my other pc, but this one is new and w7 install is new. So i can just transfer the .js script from the other one to this one no biggies.
But it's still baffling to me why can't i run it. Am i missing some runtime packages or anything similar?

Any insight is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
What are you supposed to do if the game has no www directory? It's definitely a RPG Maker MV game and has the appropriate files, but no www directory to contain them. Creating one doesn't solve anything either. Any hints for this situation? The game I can't seem to hook would be:

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score
What are you supposed to do if the game has no www directory? It's definitely a RPG Maker MV game and has the appropriate files, but no www directory to contain them. Creating one doesn't solve anything either. Any hints for this situation? The game I can't seem to hook would be:
Use the extraction tool on the executable (the file you click to play). You have to rename the folder wich is %DEFAULT% (or something like that) into something else.