What's new

「RPGツクールVX Ace」A call for Mayting has been posted!

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Good stuff. I fixed those bugs as soon as you posted here. Thanks~
In fact, for some of them I already had taken measures to avoid getting stuck, except I made a couple minimal mistakes without even noticing (like the box opening thing, I forgot to add a comparison operator, the red arrow at market I put everything in a conditional branch when it should be outside). I guess that's what I get for pushing my limits and doing stuff while exhausted.

I'm sorry if it caused you guys any inconvenience, I really hope you saved before going into those events. I'll probably implement an auto-save slot before each event that controls NPCs or player character to avoid loss in similar cases. So far, this demo has unveiled important typos, bugs and logic issues. Thank you all.
As far as I saw, you are using VX Ace, right?
Not sure if saving works in exact same way as it does in MV, but... If it does: If you save during event, whole event script will be saved in save file, meaning - changing event won't apply when that save is loaded until whole event is started again, so any fix you do won't work until event is repeated. So autosave can only be done as last element in the event or during map change.
So make sure if it's the case. If not then it's not a big deal, otherwise you will have to consider where to put autosaves to make any potential fix work.

Anyway, I still need to find time to check this as it looks interesting (though, you should have linked me this, keep that in mind as some assets makers aren't like me xD)
And as a note, I am neither contributor nor supporter, I just made some assets (audio sfx) that are used, putting it out so there is so misunderstanding :p

OP
otter_san

otter_san

Reputation score
As far as I saw, you are using VX Ace, right?
Not sure if saving works in exact same way as it does in MV, but... If it does: If you save during event, whole event script will be saved in save file, meaning - changing event won't apply when that save is loaded until whole event is started again, so any fix you do won't work until event is repeated. So autosave can only be done as last element in the event or during map change.
So make sure if it's the case. If not then it's not a big deal, otherwise you will have to consider where to put autosaves to make any potential fix work.

Anyway, I still need to find time to check this as it looks interesting (though, you should have linked me this, keep that in mind as some assets makers aren't like me xD)
And as a note, I am neither contributor nor supporter, I just made some assets (audio sfx) that are used, putting it out so there is so misunderstanding :p
From what I read in DataManager's code, the save method (make_save_contents) will only store switches, self-switches, variables and similar stuff. They won't save currently created objects (which means an on-going event/script run) and their attributes. So yeah, I mean even before an event which can potentially screw something up (the ones which will disable player input and/or set move routes, before an ecchi scene or chain event) is started, the autosave would run. It would more of an insurance than convenience, not being feature the players can rely on completely for their game save management.

This contributor stuff is a semantic issue on my part - I'll rewrite it in a more ample way. I didn't want it to go with no credits as I'm using your soundpack as well.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
From what I read in DataManager's code, the save method (make_save_contents) will only store switches, self-switches, variables and similar stuff. They won't save currently created objects (which means an on-going event/script run) and their attributes. So yeah, I mean even before an event which can potentially screw something up (the ones which will disable player input and/or set move routes, before an ecchi scene or chain event) is started, the autosave would run. It would more of an insurance than convenience, not being feature the players can rely on completely for their game save management.

This contributor stuff is a semantic issue on my part - I'll rewrite it in a more ample way. I didn't want it to go with no credits as I'm using your soundpack as well.
Is that so? Then it's better than in MV, just wanted to make sure as it's annoying later :D

Though, from personal experience, treat it [autosave] as convenience for players, majority of people (myself included xD) don't safe often or they do just before quitting the game. So any bug will roll them back quite a lot, plus, bothering to save often is mundane and kills joy of playing xD

I know it's semantics, but some people get quite annoying about some things, I am rather glad that my SFXes are being used for something new :D