What's new

RPG RyonaSaga 2016

ServerSurfer

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I doubt anyone has been keeping up with this game as the old threads have not been continued. This is the new relevant info.

As you know it's a 2D Sprite based game with JRPG classic Final Fantasy style gameplay but with rape and ryona for the females. It's the RPG equivalent of the M.U.G.E.N. engine.

FrontPage - RSaga Developers Central - The main site

RSaga Core Archives - Game versions downloads

RSaga Developers Warehouse - Progress/Updates to the game

RSaga Developers Central - Older releases

Older version with English already included

Wiki with translation patch

Source of files is here.:

-------------------------------------------------------
A complete Guide to everything is here: Bob Grue's Adventuring Tips (this includes updates and tutorials for edits)

--------------------------------------------------------
Aside from Ryona Saga, there are a few other games:
[]WizEx and ROA which are no longer updated. []RyonaRPG which is a dungeon explorer and still being worked on.

Last edited by a moderator:

noobsaleh

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: RyonaSaga 2016

I wish RyonaRPG was as popular as Violated Heroine. Maybe then it'd be translated.

OP
ServerSurfer

ServerSurfer

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

There was one a few years back, but doubtful it's been updated since.

Going to try this one out. It's 3 years old but should still get you through most of the menu's.

Last edited:

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

I wish RyonaRPG was as popular as Violated Heroine. Maybe then it'd be translated.
Since ryona is more towards inflicting pain rather than H content, part of it reaches too far for most people (basically ranging from the less extreme side like physically beating up the victim, to the more extreme side that borderline guro)

VH may includes some hard to swallow content (cough), but at least it's not like it goes into amputee level or such.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Since ryona is more towards inflicting pain rather than H content, part of it reaches too far for most people (basically ranging from the less extreme side like physically beating up the victim, to the more extreme side that borderline guro)

VH may includes some hard to swallow content (cough), but at least it's not like it goes into amputee level or such.
Does this game go that far? My interest in this was somewhat piqued when I saw the screenshot, but the fact that I was hit with a ton of Japanese menu options as soon as I booted it up scared me away before I could find out more.

kb88

Banned
Reputation score

I wish someone was doing something with ROA. That's the game that got me into H games.

OP
ServerSurfer

ServerSurfer

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Does this game go that far? My interest in this was somewhat piqued when I saw the screenshot, but the fact that I was hit with a ton of Japanese menu options as soon as I booted it up scared me away before I could find out more.
There are several videos of gameplay. In all honestly, the Ryona and Rape stuff is 50/50. There's no depicted Guro though your characters can be eaten/absorbed by enemies. I prefer a lack of Guro, but I know that you can mod it to Guro if that is your preference.

Edit: Just updated and tried the english patch It works to an extent. but for the time time being, I suggest your try the older english version of the game (link included above) to really get a feel for the game.

Last edited:

zchaos

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There are people working on translating RyonaRpg here: .
Also this translation was last updated in March of this year.

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I wish someone was doing something with ROA. That's the game that got me into H games.
well I was....

every version that I know of and all my edits inducing a one with Luna port for online play don't know if it works though... also sounds and sprites and stuff like that to. you will need fighter maker editor to run them.

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, RyonaRPG might have been the reason why I created RPGMaker Trans way back when. I was a lot more naive and didn't really know what RyonaRPG was about back then - when I started translating some of the more extreme parts... well, I ditched it fairly quickly.

In any case, because this is RPGMaker Trans, that patch ended up being picked up by some other guys - and it's still being worked on, to an extent. The patch is hosted at , which also has instructions on how to get it.

ermiz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Here's a character for this game based on Kuromaru + its dog attack.

Last edited:
B

bleahblah

well I was....

every version that I know of and all my edits inducing a one with Luna port for online play don't know if it works though... also sounds and sprites and stuff like that to. you will need fighter maker editor to run them.
Thanks for the upload! Most of the exe's are missing though. Any thoughts?

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

RyonaSaga:
No, not even. It's honestly pretty clean for the most part, and thanks towards it's modular system, you can choose what to keep and remove. The worse bits come from the 'Traps' attacks only 2-3 things have, and the only one that directly display blood would be the Spike.

RyonaRPG:
YEAH. YEAH. This will get very dark, and very extreme, very fast. From having 'BAD END's that bugs galore devour you, having your limbs ripped off, parasites that burst out of you alien style, and god knows how many death traps galore, that game carrys the 'Pain/Gore' side of things in it's more extreme reasoning.

Irony though with that getting back into notice, given the Q-Bee and Roomi in RyonaSaga and WizEX are both my doing. I helped out a ton back in 2008/2009 or so, and was the one who suggested the translation system RyonaSaga to this day still uses and honors. I was also the second translator on it, adapting much of the material the first one did and redid it to fit better. The current people though who keep it up I feel chances are do a better job then my 'Still in Japanese training' self back then did. ( It's been a while... )

Still, I know camel and a few others still connect and do things there, it's how I got into contact with MO2 shortly after in earnest! I'm just not directly a part of that circle anymore, but if anyone's got questions and the like, do ask away!

hentaiwolf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i just love those graphics
they just make the game lovable even if there isn't that much to it

Vossryn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I remember this game. I made so many lazy edits on RoA(See only Grab animations) but never finished making them into actual enemies cause I didn't understand how Fighter maker works. Been years since I messed with the thing. If I had time I'd go back and finally finish giving them full attack animations. *Slinks back to lurking*

Attachments

Tomo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

well I was....
How do you even run these games? I loved these games to death when i found them many aeons ago.

I remember that they need the Fight maker 2k or something, but even finding and installing that doesn't work. Opening them with "KGT2nd_GAME.exe" only brings up the editor, going Test Play doesn't work either, nothing happens. (all the files are still there in the editor.)

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How do you even run these games? I loved these games to death when i found them many aeons ago.

I remember that they need the Fight maker 2k or something, but even finding and installing that doesn't work. Opening them with "KGT2nd_GAME.exe" only brings up the editor, going Test Play doesn't work either, nothing happens. (all the files are still there in the editor.)
Which one are you trying to play exactly?

Edit: Well nm on that you just didn't have the link in the quote.

Edit2: After downloading it and checking, it seems that most of them are missing the actual game exe. To fix this, you need to find a compatible exe to run them. So if you take the exe from ROA Rydia_TA and move it to other folders with the ROA033.kgt, then you should be able to launch them.

For the others, like NewROA, you need ROA03TG0.exe, which can be found here along with other exes. Can't say for sure whether the exe changes anything though.

P.S. I didn't have to download a fight maker or anything either.

Last edited:
OP
ServerSurfer

ServerSurfer

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
RyonaRPG has an ongoing translation though.
thanks, wasn't aware of this.

Go to the game core links I provided. Make sure to download the most recent Ryonasaga. That is the game itself, though untranslated.

Last edited by a moderator: