What's new

RPG RPG Maker [ S.Q.D.T.] Succubus Quest (RE026617, RJ026617)

Grayrabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well fucking shit..... after all those years. They have decide to make an come back.
I'm glad that every member is doing well and kicking but..... with all this 10 years, I not sure I could enjoy their game like I use to.

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I'm glad that every member is doing well and kicking but..... with all this 10 years, I not sure I could enjoy their game like I use to.
It's just Civmit & sion from the old team.

caterkiller

Lurker
Reputation score
Well gotta ask sense I just started playing through this game *yes I live under a rock* I am stuck where I am at a town right next a mermaid dungeon which I can't enter I think I need to get over a rock but not sure how and there is all so the dungeon that a armour succubus is guarding but I can't break her armour anyone got any ideas?

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Well gotta ask sense I just started playing through this game *yes I live under a rock* I am stuck where I am at a town right next a mermaid dungeon which I can't enter I think I need to get over a rock but not sure how and there is all so the dungeon that a armour succubus is guarding but I can't break her armour anyone got any ideas?
In this town, you have to unlock the ability to max the mood during fights - using 'sweet words'. Mermaids love a good compliment.
Bards are reputed for their silver tongues.

caterkiller

Lurker
Reputation score
So I just have to lvl? I can't do anything in Mermaid Lagoon sense I can't find out how to continue there and the Dodichi Ground is protected by the armour succubus

I all so have not recuited the bard yet he is still in the INN and I can't figure out how to get him found a kneckless but he does not seem to take it

dergrubben

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well, since the necro is a bit out of the bag, I just noticed (started wanting to replay these while playing Monster Girl Dreams) that both the original Succubus Quest and the "Blank Book" spinoff note that they were updated with additional content back in February of this year. Anybody know what this content was?
Also, since all the links are dead and searches are availing me nothing, does anyone know where (if indeed anywhere) one can get the mod that added cumshots to the game?

Nowadon

Reputation score
again, sorry if i necro this thread. i also didnt have the font and bugged on the third battle. it seems like the way to fix this is by downloading RTP XP from Famitsu, but now it doesnt appear of that website.

Can the RTP from RPGMakerWeb do the same thing as this? sorry for my broken english.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
again, sorry if i necro this thread. i also didnt have the font and bugged on the third battle. it seems like the way to fix this is by downloading RTP XP from Famitsu, but now it doesnt appear of that website.
Reminder of the requirements:
- RPGM XP RTP installed ( copyrights: KADOKAWA CORPORATION./YOJI OJIMA)
- Japanese locales ( )
- for windows 8 and later OS: probably running in windows 7 or earlier compatibility mode

Also check your Game.ini file. It should read, on the second line:
Library=RGSS103j.dll
The fonts used are "MS Pゴシック", and "HGPゴシックE", which come with the RTP iirc.

Godna

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Failure to follow this rule will result in an immediate 1 week ban.
Any chance of getting an up to date upload of the game again. All the links I found were dead. Preferably with english preinstalled...but I'll take whatever.

edit: There was also previously a prepatched moded version?

F14m3rz

Reputation score
So for some reason, Clara doesn't have her Mood Maxed out. I'm not sure why or how I would even fix it. I replayed the battle in Sitri's Room, and even made sure there was Jasmine Incense on while I got her to climax, but for whatever reason, it's not checked off as "Mood Max" in the game.
1652269488753.png
Do I need to use a mod or something?

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Wait, does SQ1 actually have an English mod of sorts, or is that just an MTL program hard at work?
Sorry to not to answer the question you had, but... The SA mod that adds in Misha made me remember about SQ1

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
So for some reason, Clara doesn't have her Mood Maxed out.
She has a lot of gimmicks of her own.
Talk with her, try her different modes (she had 3?). Her 'extra feature' should be unecessary for max Mood - I think.
If it doesn't work with Sitri, rematch her via the Encyclopedia instead.
And if it still doesn't work out, transfer your save to a 'clean' game, ie not modifed with external programs such as Mtool.

F14m3rz

Reputation score
She has a lot of gimmicks of her own.
Talk with her, try her different modes (she had 3?). Her 'extra feature' should be unecessary for max Mood - I think.
If it doesn't work with Sitri, rematch her via the Encyclopedia instead.
And if it still doesn't work out, transfer your save to a 'clean' game, ie not modifed with external programs such as Mtool.
Thanks for replying, but I'm a bit confused. I've tried using Sweet Words, but it never works. And she doesn't ask to use Slow/Hard Mode like she did in the real battle against her. I've only gotten as far as getting past that hedge maze and beating that witch, so I don't know much about an Encyclopedia.
I don't know how Mtool would affect things, since every other fight I've been in thus far has gone off without a hitch, but I'll give that a try.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
she doesn't ask to use Slow/Hard Mode like she did in the real battle against her.
Actually, I've tried that with Sitri and it worked fine (no Mtool here). The issue is likely on your end.
Dialogue code in SQ is very, very, very easy to break 😅

Encyclopedia is your first item, the book. But I'm not sure when you become able to summon Succubi with it; it might even be a mod/patch I have.

Last edited:

F14m3rz

Reputation score
Actually, I've tried that with Sitri and it worked fine (no Mtool here). The issue is likely on your end.
Well I used a fresh version without Mtool, and the same result happened. There's no intro text, Clara strips Lars, and then there's no way to prevent it. Every time. I tried adding an event that'd let me do a battle regularly, but of course, it made all the text blank, so I had to paste over everything to return it back to normal.

I think this might just be a problem with the version I'm using. Is there any way I could send over a relevant file, and it could be fixed? Because I'm a total newb when it comes to RPGMaker and wouldn't know the first thing to do about it.

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
That does mean your version is "not so fresh". Try the original DLsite's one. Keep in mind MTools permanently modifies most old games; simply running the game without it won't cut it (which is why I usually don't use it).
There's a link in OP to the mod thread, which has links to the mod repository. You also could try the modded version there, pass seems to be "SQ", in capital letters. edit: my mistake, for SQ1 it's "only" their badass mod; it does replace most of the code, so it might work out?

There's almost no way to debug dialogue once it's broken, it involves too many files. The usual culprit (if no mod) is SQ_patch.rb, if that helps.
PS: if you are using a mod, check the options if any, for dialogue length (simple, verbose). Not using full dialogue used to break some intricate events.

Last edited:

F14m3rz

Reputation score
Yeah, I'm not using mods. And I downloaded my version of SQ March of this year. Extracted the zip file and tried it again, nothing changed.

Any chance I could hand you my save file, and you could Max the Mood out for me?

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Any chance I could hand you my save file, and you could Max the Mood out for me?
I could, but I'd rather not. Clara might just be one among many. Not to mention saves might not be 100% compatible.
Backup your files, and try my patch from back then. And here's the SQ_patch.rb I was using when I tested Clara (on a vanilla version).
Maybe try the latter first, and report which one people with a similar issue should use :)

edit: added the settings file from SQL_matome_2014+追加パッチ,if that works?

Attachments

Last edited:

F14m3rz

Reputation score
So I tried the latter one first like you said, but it still didn't work (after that fight, all the missing characters I hadn't met yet weren't greyed out anymore, so that was neat).

When I tried the mod patch, though, I got this error and couldn't get any further.
1652378034529.png