What's new

RPG RPG Maker [ S.Q.D.T.] Succubus Quest (RE026617, RJ026617)

eriel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Request] Succubs Quest

Hi. I have a classic problem with the game. Tried to run it with Windows 7 but no text appears at all. I've tried reading the whole thread but most of the file links that might solve the this problems are already gone from the face of the internet. Anybody else had this problem and knows the solution?

Last edited:

ments

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Hi. I have a classic problem with the game. Tried to run it with Windows 7 but no text appears at all. I've tried reading the whole thread but most of the file links that might solve the this problems are already gone from the face of the internet. Anybody else had this problem and knows the solution?
If you don't have rpg (vx, xp, 2000....) japanese rtp you may encounter this problem, if you have it, than you are probably missing japanese fonts
and there is some issue with old video cards witch don't support latest openGL

eriel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you don't have rpg (vx, xp, 2000....) japanese rtp you may encounter this problem, if you have it, than you are probably missing japanese fonts
and there is some issue with old video cards witch don't support latest openGL
I've already got the RTP so I guess it's a Japanese font problem. Do you know which font I should download?

ments

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I've already got the RTP so I guess it's a Japanese font problem. Do you know which font I should download?
you can try those

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thanks for the re-up, I broke my version somehow and couldn't be... okay I WAS LAZY! Thanks.

Now we just have to kidnap some translators.
My sincere condolences to your kidnappers. Good job finding me, though :p

My guess? Open Game.ini, the second line should be:
Library=RGSS103j.dll
If not, edit it. And make it read-only while you're at it ;)

Just in case, the fonts used by version pointed above are: "しねきゃぷしょん", "Verdana", and especially "MS Pゴシック".

Any question regarding said version has probably been covered in this thread: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=26405
On a related note, I'm still waiting for constructive feedback, especially regarding the sex dialogues (which is what I suck most at) and the enemy dialogues. I can implement any contribution easily, if the quality is satisfying and/or the suggestions/lines are relevant.

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

My sincere condolences to your kidnappers. Good job finding me, though :p
You can't ever escape me! Hahahaha :p
Or well, you could, but I'd be sad.

On a related note, I'm still waiting for constructive feedback, especially regarding the sex dialogues (which is what I suck most at) and the enemy dialogues. I can implement any contribution easily, if the quality is satisfying and/or the suggestions/lines are relevant.
From what I remember, I didn't think there was any real issues with the sex dialogue. It certainly helps to be able to read everything!
Although I think this download provided won't work with your translation? Or maybe it will? I haven't tried actually, hmmm...

eriel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

My guess? Open Game.ini, the second line should be:
Library=RGSS103j.dll
If not, edit it. And make it read-only while you're at it ;)
Tried it and my situation improved from no text to square boxes for text. Strangely some of the text such as the battle text appears while the dialogue text is just a bunch of squares.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Tried it and my situation improved from no text to square boxes for text. Strangely some of the text such as the battle text appears while the dialogue text is just a bunch of squares.
You'd be missing cinecaption226.ttf

If it's not in the zip, google & grab it it's al over the place.
Reminder: you have to install the font (usually right-click -> install font, does it) for it to work.

eriel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You'd be missing cinecaption226.ttf

If it's not in the zip, google & grab it it's al over the place.
Reminder: you have to install the font (usually right-click -> install font, does it) for it to work.
Done it and I still only see squares. Guess some people are never meant to play this great game :(. Anyway thanks for the help.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Here is a link to a pre-patched 15.x.x Succubus Quest 2. I've deleted the old links, so don't bother with them. If there's a new version, or if there's a lot of new content released, I'll make another new upload, but the community is barely alive.

!00tU2AiB!YxgXfu1aK9MTt8LITH2def5nQ-RvA8c_MukOPJ-Q7FE
My bad, I confused this version (Mod 15.1.1) with my own English 0.05

This version here (100% uncompatible with my work) adds a lot to the vanilla game - areas, enemies, BF mechanics, but still has quite a few unresolved issues... Not to mention most the original lines were reworked, replaced, etc. Long story short, my work is useless for the mod. There must still be a torrent with the 2 vanilla isos somewhere...

In any case, Eriel, check your regional settings, they must be Japanese and support non-unicode. Double-check you have MS Pゴシック installed too (font).

Scherzo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This version here (100% uncompatible with my work) adds a lot to the vanilla game - areas, enemies, BF mechanics, but still has quite a few unresolved issues... Not to mention most the original lines were reworked, replaced, etc. Long story short, my work is useless for the mod. There must still be a torrent with the 2 vanilla isos somewhere...

In any case, Eriel, check your regional settings, they must be Japanese and support non-unicode. Double-check you have MS Pゴシック installed too (font).
ooooooooooh. That explains a bit.

I'd never really gotten to play this game, and I'd just slapped your English patch into it and hit some errors very shortly after starting a new game. Well, that and I'm missing the battlers folder since the most recent download that still had it seems to have been removed. Eh, I guess I'll slog through the japanese on this download then.

eriel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've checked my regional setting and it's already set to Japanese. I think it might be a font problem because as I mentioned sometimes the text is shown properly but most of the times they are shown as squares. Not to mention that the problem only affects the dialogue texts and not battle menu and the menu screen. You can see how it looks like in the attached pic.

Attachments

Eld

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Here is a link to a pre-patched 15.x.x Succubus Quest 2. I've deleted the old links, so don't bother with them. If there's a new version, or if there's a lot of new content released, I'll make another new upload, but the community is barely alive.

!00tU2AiB!YxgXfu1aK9MTt8LITH2def5nQ-RvA8c_MukOPJ-Q7FE
Huh, strange. This version seems to crash out of a number of fights for me with the following error message:

"./System_rb/SystemUpd.rb:576:in `sens_to_val'undefined method `keys' for nil:NilClass"

スクリプト'エラ―グ'の36行目でNoMethodErrorが発生しました。

undefined method `states' for nil:NilClass

Perhaps it's related to me trying to use an earlier version's save in this one (but the old save worked just fine the 14.X version)? I really would rather not play through it again from the start but I'd like to see what this adds.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I've checked my regional setting and it's already set to Japanese. I think it might be a font problem because as I mentioned sometimes the text is shown properly but most of the times they are shown as squares. Not to mention that the problem only affects the dialogue texts and not battle menu and the menu screen. You can see how it looks like in the attached pic.
Definitely a font issue. Open word/openoffice, check if you have "しねきゃぷしょん" and "MS Pゴシック". Install them if they don't show. If they show, check if they do work, you might have downloaded corrupted fonts, happened to me once.
Btw, this is SQ1, and the only issue I see is the actor's name not showing. The game uses Arial and Times New Roman occasionally, if other issues arise.

Perhaps it's related to me trying to use an earlier version's save in this one
You've got that right. Never use an old save, my sympathies.There are also a few bugs here and there too, but that's a given for a WIP, which is what a Mod version is. (it's remarkably stable btw, compared to other versions)
Well, there are quite a few reasons I chose to work with vanilla version :)

In any case, feel free to cheat lightly (raise your level to 20+, for instance), or use the debug item (to the left of bookshelf, I think?) occasionally.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

You've got that right. Never use an old save, my sympathies.There are also a few bugs here and there too, but that's a given for a WIP, which is what a Mod version is. (it's remarkably stable btw, compared to other versions)
Well, there are quite a few reasons I chose to work with vanilla version :)

In any case, feel free to cheat lightly (raise your level to 20+, for instance), or use the debug item (to the left of bookshelf, I think?) occasionally.
There's a debug item!? Man I never knew such a thing was in this game at all.
The most interesting thing I have experienced in that modded version is just I can't ever seem to win the intro fight if you play as female Ayexct. Given it also seems to not game over you, I suspect you're meant to lose it...

Aiolos1212

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there a walkthrough anywhere for Succubus Quest 2? I've searched a bit and only really found info on the first one. Been playing that pre-patched link mentioned earlier and enjoying it a LOT more than I thought I would, but I seem to be getting fairly stuck. I'm still missing like 4 companions and half the succubus registry, but I'm not sure on how to progress. I do have some threads that I can progress though, just not sure on how to -

- I've got Stella and rescued the king from that castle, however now they're looking for the princess and I'm not sure how to do that. If I enter all 6 history books and enter the 30-floor dream then some new events happen there, but they repeat every time I enter the dungeon and don't seem to affect anything.

- I've got Yelbel Gorge dungeon, but no book I combine with it seems to create its story. It's just a 15 floor or so dungeon with some empty ruins at the end.

- The road to utopia is just a bunch of closed doors, no idea how to get passed those. Sometimes the first one opens, but I've never gotten passed the second, much less have any idea why the first opens when it does.

- Peeked ahead into a completed succubus registry with the debugger, and it seems like there's several wonderland enemies I somehow haven't seen - like Bandersnatch. The wonderland story is completed though, so where could those be?

- In a completed unicorn bar with the booking ticket there's a companion recruitable there that asks me to drink with her, but I always turn her down without an option. I assume I'm supposed to get more companions to go there to make the bar more lively to progress that?

- Using that bookmark the bard gave me and going to the Sea, I find tons of mermaid tears in chests as well as some changed up enemies. The mermaid tears are usable, but when I use them it says "nothing awakes when used here". Not sure what that's all about.

- I seem to be able to go into the Prime Dream and fight Est and Safi, but they keep talking about how the dream will end once I beat them, so I haven't yet. Partly because I need some better equipment anyway, that damage reflection they do is a massive pain. Should I go bop them though? It seems like the end of the game, but if some stuff only unlocks in post-game then that would explain a lot...

Resaiyu12

Lurker
Reputation score

If Yelbel is the dungeon I think it is, forested ruins(?), then it's a bit of a gimmick area. You go in there to "power up" the monster books you use in conjunction with it, I think to fight stronger enemies for better exp/items.

The mermaid tears is -only- for the same dungeon, in that it changes the music/atmosphere, which provides different bonuses depending on the current music. Don't know about the rest, sorry.

Eld

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

If Yelbel is the dungeon I think it is, forested ruins(?), then it's a bit of a gimmick area. You go in there to "power up" the monster books you use in conjunction with it, I think to fight stronger enemies for better exp/items.

The mermaid tears is -only- for the same dungeon, in that it changes the music/atmosphere, which provides different bonuses depending on the current music. Don't know about the rest, sorry.
Pretty sure it's the map with the sylphs floating around, no?

redscizor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Nice with 15.1.1 only allways problem
- The game is beatiful and the best BF game, very tactic
- How unlock special costumes? I dont know how by 2 years ...
- There are many text and information in battle, this game is must translated =( I have my old version Strange 0.05E but allways want play again