What's new

Sakura Dungeon

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Sakura Dungeon

Does anyone know in which floor you get the dragon statue to hire the dragon girl?
I'm on floor 21 and haven't found it yet, though I did find the treasure needed to recruit the Queen Bee on floor 20. There was a hidden room on floor 19 that had a riddle that vaguely pointed to the location of the treasure, though I don't know if it's needed to make the treasure room appear. I've been wasting a ton of time checking all of the walls for hidden passageways, so I don't think I missed anything so far, but the fact that I've recruited the Queen Bee before the dragon makes me wonder if I've still missed one somewhere.

Here's the riddle location/treasure room, if anyone has trouble finding them:

ShinVeritas

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Fortunately, I'm currently occupied with other games in addition to this one, or else the false walls and secrets in this game would drive me insane. Hopefully someone will be nice enough to come out with complete maps soon. I'm only on floor 11 so far after ramming into every wall since fake walls were revealed so early on. At least in Demon Master Chris there was a way to tell if a wall was fake BEFORE you slammed headfirst into it. Can't just face the walls and strafe this time around...

anondum

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

dragon statue is on the very last pyramid level. 24, I think. room is pretty obvious. the one thing I can't find is the chocolate

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just a few things to clear up now that I'm further: the item that the Ryuuou (i.e. the dragon) needs is on the floor that's to the north of Anubis, so it does take quite a while to get to it:

Also, there are six shards to the Luck Statue. Take them back to the shopkeeper after you find them all.

If I had realized how long and full of secrets this game was going to be before I started, I would have tried making a walkthrough as I went along, but as it stands, I can't possibly do it at this point. I can try to upload what I have for each floor once I'm done with the game, if that helps, although they may not be completely accurate (i.e. it wouldn't surprise me that the tedium of trying to find hidden passageways made me slip up and miss a few).

RobertPaulsen

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Tedium is this game's middle name, to be honest. EVERYTHING is based on RNG.

Random encounters, random chance to hit, random chance to escape, random chance to shut down your opponent's INSANE regeneration, and if you didn't grind for long enough (and levels take WAY too long to get) you'll just never hit your opponent enough and they'll never take damage.
And when you DO have that magical threshold level, the fight suddenly becomes a cakewalk. There's no barely winning, there's either getting stomped or winning easily. Doing anything but "skip battle" is basically a waste of time, because your carefully though out strategy for winning can be completely fucked up by a random critical hit. Might as well brute-force your way through.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Random encounters, random chance to hit, random chance to escape, random chance to shut down your opponent's INSANE regeneration, and if you didn't grind for long enough (and levels take WAY too long to get) you'll just never hit your opponent enough and they'll never take damage.
And when you DO have that magical threshold level, the fight suddenly becomes a cakewalk. There's no barely winning, there's either getting stomped or winning easily. Doing anything but "skip battle" is basically a waste of time, because your carefully though out strategy for winning can be completely fucked up by a random critical hit. Might as well brute-force your way through.
To be honest, how often later enemies dodge and/or go into their flow state (meaning they dodge even more) got to me after a while, so I used Cheat Engine to give myself a ton of money so I could buff my party's stats with the seeds. It's made things at least a little more bearable, though I still don't stomp through anything without a good amount of grinding, as there's a cap on how much you can use them, anyway. A tip I can think of for leveling, though, is to use your weaker attacks if you can reliably survive the battles, as you get experience every time you attack, are attacked, or defeat an enemy, and using weaker attacks will prolong the fight and allow you and the enemies to get more hits on each other.

That all being said, know what's even better?

There's a completely new dungeon full of overpowered enemies after you defeat the final boss. I'm trying to slog through it right now, but it's proving to be painful; at least the dialogue is humorous, though, given the fact that they're in a spaceship and don't understand how anything works.

Also, the Sprite Gallery is unlocked after beating the dungeon master and basically allows you to look at each characters posing CGs while altering things like their expressions, costumes, state of undress, etc. Here's what it looks like, if anyone's curious:

Last edited:

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I still cant find the chocolate event. I'm just bashing my head against walls in the Pyramid until something folds.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Though it won't be complete thanks to me somehow missing some of the apparently fickle town events, I plan on uploading my save after I clear the bonus dungeon. That is, of course, assuming someone doesn't get around to uploading the entire CG set before then.
Coincidentally it seems someone just uploaded the entire cg set recently on ehentai/panda. :p

RobertPaulsen

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

To be honest, how often later enemies dodge and/or go into their flow state (meaning they dodge even more) got to me after a while, so I used Cheat Engine to give myself a ton of money so I could buff my party's stats with the seeds.
How did you use Cheat Engine? I thought it didn't work with Ren'Py games. I've just been grinding my ass off for pitiful amounts of money.

Okay, played around a bit, just edited every value with my money amount and prayed that the game wouldn't crash. It didn't, so I'm filthy rich now.

Melissia

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Gameplay is definitely better than your average turn-based rpg at least. I don't know if I can finish the game though, feels like there's too much need to grind.

Spiere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I still cant find the chocolate event. I'm just bashing my head against walls in the Pyramid until something folds.
I second this. Where are you supposed to go for that chocolate riddle thing?

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Ah, found it. If you get to the Pyramid Apex teleporter, go back a floor through the bottom entrance and just go straight until you go through a wall.

RobertPaulsen

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Go to the Pyramid Apex, and then go back to the previous floor. Then go to the east through a hidden wall in the hallway with the stairs.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay, thanks to the helpful information about finding the chocolate, that actually gave me all of the remaining CGs for the game. I assume I missed it the first time because it appears that you needed to have seen the riddle on a later floor to get the wall to trigger. Thank god that's over - the tedium was getting to me by the end. The last three tabs of my saves go to sex scenes (many of them will trigger if you go to the town conversations), but I don't have them all; if I'd known there was going to be no scene recollection, I would've saved more of them.

My save folder's uploaded to mega and you can find the link below. I would've uploaded it straight to the forums, but it kept fussing at me about how the files were too large (and the notepad link's because I don't want to have to reupload it if someone slaps it with a DMCA takedown despite it just being saves). To get the saves to work, you may have to remove the Persistent file from the game's main save folder and replace the Persistent file at C:\Users\*your user name*\AppData\Roaming\Renpy\sakura_dungeon with the one from my save folder to get the CGs I've unlocked to appear in your game.

Attachments

Last edited:

mirthless

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I remember in DMC someone made a patch to double exp received or something, perhaps that could work here?

mirthless

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Turned out to be wishful thinking, the new game is different enough for the old money script to not work, who am i kidding.

saga55555

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

This game is fun, a lot better compare to Raidy.
I decide to buy it on steam because steam achievement and cheaper :p

The only problems are items too expensive and too grindy.
Not sure it's better in normal mode or not because I playing hard mode :(

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This game is fun, a lot better compare to Raidy.
I decide to buy it on steam because steam achievement and cheaper :p

The only problems are items too expensive and too grindy.
Not sure it's better in normal mode or not because I playing hard mode :(
I was playing on normal and still thought it was very demanding in terms of grinding, not to mention all of the enemies that either have a special dodge or shield ability that likes to activate what feels like 80% of the time unless you're at or above their level. As for Raidy, I immediately thought of those games when I saw this, too, and I also agree that it's much better than those games (while they have great artwork, the gameplay's lacking). As for buying it on Steam, I think my friends and family would be afraid to talk to me ever again if they saw that I was playing this. They're not quite as sex-friendly as I am.

Judging that no one's said anything, I assume the saves I uploaded work? I wasn't quite sure which files were needed to actually get the gallery to unlock (the "persistent" file, at least, seemed to do nothing).

kenshin6671

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's not all RNG, pretty much every action is based off AP. For example a monster with high AP has a lower chance to be hit, higher chance of using a defensive skill if it has it, and the inverse happens when they have low AP. Keep in mind that lower AP cost/lower damage skills usually have higher base hit chance than the high cost/high damage skills. I mean yea you're sometimes just gonna get out skilled by missing with 99% chance to hit but you can still maximize your chances.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

You lose 1% hit chance/crit rate per AP the target has.

Basically, when a high lvl monster goes into flow (and left you with 0-10% hit chance), your best bet is to guard every turn until the flow is done. You will not hit anyway, and you may dodge few blows.