What's new

Scourge of the Silver Marches

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Scourge of the Silver Marches

Carella sighs and runs around the corner to attack the closest zombie, "Damned... undead..."

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

(Light crossbow is a d8 for damage btw, not d6. ^^; Also, the DR5/slashing means they take 5 less damage from non-slashing weapons. Whatever is after the / in DR is what can penetrate said DR.)

Tod notices the enemy waking up from the coffin, sighing to himself. "Bah, screw it. Might not be just a zombie..." He grumbles, chanting to himself and waving his arms before firing a bolt of acid at the coffin-bound undead.

(Cast Melf's Acid Arrow at the enemy in the coffin.)

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Finally, time for some fun. Granth says before eagerly heading towards the cave.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Holi savagely swings again hoping to take the zombie out for good this time. "Darn zombies and their not having much blood," he grunts.

With the movement of the coffin and the entrance of more zombies he yells to the others, "Look out we have more coming to join the soon to be dead again."

(Two-handed power attack for 2 points. Quick question do I get my attack bonus vs. orcs and dodge bonus vs. giants against these guy's since their type changed to undead and they are no longer orcs and or giants. I wouldn't think so, but I've never thought of it before.)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((Don't think you do ronny, sorry. Those are based off training against how they fight, and they no longer fight like orcs and giants anymore.))

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

(Well I said I didn't think it would work that way, but it stretches my imagination a little poorly. I guess that's just one of those rules.)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(The idea is that dwarves are trained against orcish and giantish fighting tactics, and to go for their traditional weak points. Zombies have no weak points, and no tactics, so the bonuses don't apply. I suppose if you did fight an undead giant, I'd still give you half the dodge bonus, just because it still moves sort of like a giant.)

1d20+9 = 15+9 = 24 vs DC14 = hit
2d6+4 = 6+6+4 = 16-5 = 11 damage

Carella rushes forward and snap kicks the zombie next to Trex and Bolm in the side of the head, the blow nearly ripping the remains of its head off. It crumbles to the ground, destroyed.

Trex shouts; "In Lathanders name, destroy these foul abominations!" and raises his sword, then chants an incantation. The party members feel empowered. (Party is under the effects of Bless for 5 minutes. +1 to attack rolls and saving throws vs fear.) The he turns toward the coffin, preparing to face whatever is inside it.

1d20+9 = 15+9 = 24 vs DC14 = hit
1d10+9 = 3+9 = 12 damage

Holi swings his axe with all his strength, slashing across the zombie once again, this time going clean through to the other side.

1d20+6 = 11+6+1[Bless] = 18 vs DC7 = hit
8d6 = 6+3+6+1+3+1+2+5 = 27 damage

Bolm stretches out his hand toward the approaching undead ogre and calls out to his god, and Lathander delivers. A beam of bright light lances from his palm and strikes the ogre in the chest, searing its dry rotting flesh.

1d20+9+2 = 2+9+2 = 13 vs DC22 = miss
1d20+12+2 = 18+12+2 = 32 vs DC15 = hit
8+4+2 = 14 damage
1d20+5+2 = 2+5+2 = 9 vs DC25 = miss
1d20+5+2 = 1+5+2 = automatic failure (Your enemies seem to get really shitty rolls.)

The ogre zombie lurches forward into a charge at Bolm, rushing right past Trex who slashes at it as it passes him, his blade cutting through its side. The ogres attempts to slam against Bolm, but the cleric easily halts the undead creatures momentum against his tower shield. The two orc zombies likewise rush to attack Trex, one swings at him and misses cleanly, the other stumbles over a rock as it charges and lands at Trexs feet.

(Automatic success, because I don't want to roll to see if Tod can hit a stationary box.)
2d4 = 4+2 = 6 damage, 2 rounds.

Tod chants an incantation and throws a magic dart at the creature in the coffin, the dart goes through the wood and the creatures sibilant howl can be heard from within the box. The creatures tears through the top of its coffin and stands, glaring at him, ignoring the dwarf, paladin, cleric, and monk around it.

(9 more rounds until party is regrouped. The initial two zombies are dead, the lizard vampire's out of the box, and kind of pissed from the acid arrow Tod shot at him. The ogre zombie has taken 41 damage, and one of the new orc zombies is on the ground thanks to his critical failure.)

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"There that be better," Holi says as his axe chops the orc zombie in half. Seeing the vzmpire break out of it's coffin he charges to attack it before it can go after Tod.

(Charge at vampire for another two-handed power attack of 2 points. Also not that it really mattered for the zombie since he redied. I was doing the power attack two-handed so I get twice the number subtracted from attack roll added to my damage rolls making it 1d10+11.)

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

(The mage armor and false life on myself should still be active btw I think, since they last 12 hours and I cast them just before sleeping for the 8 hours.)

Noticing the creature was another vampire thing like before, Tod was quite happy that he shot acid the thing instead of using his crossbow, though not so happy that it was in fact a vampire, or at least the spawn of one. Seeing Holi rush to engage it, he sighs in relief, hoping the dwarf would be able to keep it off of him as he chanted a bit longer this time and fired another acid arrow at it.

(Cast extended Acid Arrow, assuming they stack with each other. If not, fire crossbow with a silver bolt.)

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Swings at the next closest zombie with her fists, "Oh... him again..." (btw, am standing next to any zombie?)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

*Insert generic continuation post here :)*

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

*Inserting not quite so generic continuation post but still not actually meaningful*

So we're adventuring, and we're adventuring, and... hey look! The fourth wall! Who wants to break it?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(You were sort of close to a zombie, but not close enough to get and AoO. Sorry for the delay, I was tired. Your spells are still active since they last twelve hours, for about 2 more hours.)

1d20+9+1 = 5+9+1 = 14 vs DC15 = miss

Carella moves forward and attempts to strike the undead ogre, but her blow doesn't land quite right and its armor absorbs the blow.

1d20+12+2+1 = 16+12+2+1 = 31 vs DC27 = hit
1d20+7+2+1 = 18+7+2+1 = 28 vs DC27 = hit
1d8+4+2 = 2+4+2 = 8 damage
1d8+4+2 = 6+4+2 = 12 damage

Trex slashes at the creature, hitting it in the torso, leaving deep gashes, but the creature doesn't seem to notice.

1d20+7+2 = 7+7+2+1 = 17 vs DC27 = miss

Holi charges at the vampire, slashing with his axe as he did to against the zombies, but the creature throws its hips back, dodging the blade cleanly.

1d20+6+1 = 5+6+1 = 12 vs DC16 = miss

Bolm once again stretches out his hand and calls on Lathander, and a beam of light fires from his hand attempting to strike the undead creature. But the creature ducks out of the way, cleanly dodging the searing light.

1d20+5+2 = 4+5+2 = 11 vs DC25 = miss
1d20+9+2 = 17+9+2 = 28 vs DC20 = hit
2d8+9 = 1+6+9 = 16 damage
1d20+14 = 17+14 vs DC18 = hit
2d6+7 = 3+1+7 = 11 damage

The orc zombie that had fallen picks itself up off the ground, while its companion swings its club at Trex to no effect, the blow bouncing off the back of his armor. The ogre zombie swings at Bolms back with its greatclub, catching him in the shoulder and making him grunt in pain. The lizardfolk runs cleanly past Trex and Holi, its great speed and agility making it mobile enough to avoid their attempts to halt its progress, and charges into Tod, slashing at him with its claws, raking across his chest.

(Ogre zombie still at 41 damage, lizard at 20 damage. Tod has taken 11 damage and Bolm has taken 16. 8 more rounds until the rest of the group arrives.)

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

With his miss, Holi scowls and says, "Hold still ya overgrown pair of boots."

When he sees the beast run past and attack Tod he screams as rage fills his mind. With a bloodcurdling scream he runs straight at the monster from behind and attempts to knock it to the ground before it can damage tod more.

(Rage, charge to flanking position if possible for an overrun attempt to knock prone on lizardfolk vampire.)

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Carella starts to attacking the ogre with a more concentrated but less accurate attack as she smiles at it (Flurry of blows)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

*yet another generic continuation post* :)

((What fourth wall? :p. ))

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

(OK, so... how many of the 11HP I took came out of my false life? Just curious, since false life is rolled for by the DM for how many temp HP it gives.)

Hissing in pain from the claw attack, Tod growls, wondering if he would even have the opportunity to be able to cast anymore with the vampire right there. Regardless, he would try, since none of his melee weapons would be much good against such a creature, focusing and chanting again, hoping that the vampire would be distracted by the others.

(Not sure if you play by the rule where you can't get an AoO if you're threatened and outnumbered by at least 2 people(too many people to keep track of and too distracted defending himself to take advantage of an enemy opening), but god I hope so. ^^; )

(Cast haste on Carella, Trex, Holi, Bolm and himself)

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(You rolled an 8 on your false life, so you got 14 health. Still got 3 temporary hit points.)
Order is Carella, Trex, Holi, Bolm, undead, and then Tod.

1d20+6+1 = 2+6+1 = 9 vs DC15 = miss
1d20+6+1 = 20+6+1 = 27 vs DC15 = hit
2d6+4 = 6+4+4 = 14-5 = 9 damage

Carellas first attack glances off of the ogres skull, but her second punch smashes into its face, chunks of flesh actually falling off from the force of the blow.

1d20+12+2+2+1 = 4+12+2+2+1 = 21 vs DC14 = hit
1d20+7+2+1 = 11+7+2+1 = 21 vs DC14 = hit
1d8+4+2+8 = 3+4+2+8 = 17 damage
1d8+4+2 = 4+4+2 = 10 damage

Trex turns to the orc zombie as it rose and calls on Lathander, knowing he needed to end the fight quickly to assist against the more dangerous opponent, and strikes at the undead creature. His blade passes clean through the zombie twice, purging the monster of the negative energy that animated it. It crumbles to the ground, destroyed.

1d20+14 = 18+14 = 32 vs DC16 = hit
2d6+7 = 7+7 = 14 damage
1d20+4+2 = 10+4+2 = 16 vs 1d20+7 = 3+7 = 10 = success
(These lizard vampires just can't stay on their feet, can they?))

Holi charges into the vampire, which turns at the last second and slashes at him, hoping to break his momentum enough that it's great strength would allow it to push him back. The dwarf ignores the scrapes, however, and he crashes into the creature, knocking it to the ground. Holi stops a few feet after running over the creature and turns to re-engage it.

1d20+10+2+1 = 14+10+2+1 = 27 vs DC15 = hit
1d8+4+2+1d6 = 5+4+2+6 = 11-5 + 6-5[fire] = 7 damage

Bolm turns, roaring to the ogre and bashes in the head with his morningstar. The creature crumples in a heap on the ground, dead.

1d20+10+1 = 2+10+1 = 13 vs DC25 = miss

The orc zombie once again swings at Trex, and once again its attack bounces off of his armor harmlessly. The lizard regains its feat quickly, knowing that it did not want to remain prone near the raging dwarf. Holi attempts to swing at the creature while it rises, but it darts out of the way of the dwarfs axe.

1d20+14 = 16+14 vs DC18 = hit
2d6+7 = 4+4+7 = 15 damage
1d10+15+3 = 1+15+3 = DC19
1d20+15 = 13+15 = 28 vs DC19 = success

Tod prepares to cast a spell, and the vampire, noticing this, attacks him with its claws. He retains his concentration, however, and casts his spell.

(One zombie and the lizard left, everyone is under the effects of haste and bless. Tod has taken another 15 damage, meaning his false life has run out and he's taken 12 damage. The rest of the damage is as it was last time. 7 more rounds, but this will probably be over before then.)

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Feeling slightly more on her feet, Carella rushes at the vampire lizard, trying to tackle it again with a flying grapple

Last edited: